SPICY MOROCCAN EGGS
This quick, spicy brunch dish is packed with healthy courgettes, chickpeas, tomatos and spinach. Flavour your sauce with rose harissa
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan, and fry the onion and garlic for about 8 mins, stirring every now and then, until starting to turn golden. Add the harissa and ground coriander, stir well, then pour in the stock and chickpeas with their liquid. Cover and simmer for 5 mins, then mash about one-third of the chickpeas to thicken the stock a little.
- Tip the tomatoes and courgettes into the pan, and cook gently for 10 mins until the courgettes are tender. Fold in the spinach so that it wilts into the pan.
- Stir in the chopped coriander, then make 4 hollows in the mixture and break in the eggs. Cover and cook for 2 mins, then take off the heat and allow to settle for 2 mins before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
Eggs are a great, healthy protein, which is essential for keeping your sugar levels in check. In America we often think of eggs as a breakfast food but this meal is great for lunch or dinner! Serve with warm whole grain bread for dipping.
Provided by Healthination
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat olive oil in a small cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and saute until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cumin.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Taste and add honey if tomatoes aren't sweet enough. Bring to a simmer and cook until the mixture thickens a bit, about 15 minutes.
- Crack 1 egg into each quarter of the skillet. Spread the whites with a fork so that they cover the surface evenly. Simmer until the eggs are still soft inside but not runny, about 5 minutes, or to your liking. Serve garnished with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 372 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 463.5 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
MOROCCAN-SPICED COUSCOUS WITH SCRAMBLED EGGS
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the ras el hanout and toast, stirring, 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cover and remove from the heat. Let sit until the couscous is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and heavy cream in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisk 1 tablespoon lime juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl; add the cilantro and cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Whisk the yogurt and remaining 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lime juice in a separate bowl; season with salt.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and return to medium heat. Add the egg mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula, bringing the eggs and couscous from the sides to the center of the skillet. Cook, stirring, until no longer wet and the egg starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, about 7 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the couscous and eggs among shallow bowls. Drizzle with the yogurt and top with the cucumber salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Fat 23 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Cholesterol 393 milligrams, Sodium 831 milligrams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 21 grams, Sugar 5 grams
MOROCCAN EGGS WITH FLATBREAD AND GOAT CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Wrap the flatbread in foil and place in the oven to warm while you are making the eggs.
- Heat the canola oil in a large, high-sided saute pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the sausage and cook until golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add the onions and cook until softened and lightly golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, harissa, ras el hanout, paprika and 1 cup of water to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and honey, if needed.
- Carefully crack the eggs over the mixture, sprinkle with the goat cheese, cilantro and parsley and cover with a lid for a few minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve the eggs and sauce in the pan with the warm flatbread on the side.
MOROCCAN MERGUEZ RAGOUT WITH POACHED EGGS
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until golden. Toss in the garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add the merguez and saute until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the Ras el Hanout, Spanish smoked paprika and salt. Stir to combine and cook for a minute to lightly toast the spices. Add the tomatoes. Turn up the heat to medium and cook until the mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs over the mixture, cover and cook until the whites set, but the yolks are still soft.
- Divide the eggs and ragout among four warmed bowls using a large spoon. Top with a sprinkling of cilantro and about 1 teaspoon of Harissa for each.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 823, Fat 70.8, SaturatedFat 18.4, Cholesterol 482.5, Sodium 1643.7, Carbohydrate 17, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 7.8, Protein 30.3
DEVILED EGGS MOROCCAN-STYLE
Recipe discovered on delish.com. I fiddled with a few of the ingredients and the recipe was reduced by more than half.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4-5 hardboiled eggs
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and spoon yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, harissa, olive oil, paprika, and salt. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into egg-white cavity/halves.
- Sprinkle with almonds and garnish with fresh herb(s) of choice. I added a *very light sprinkle* of caraway seeds to the top of each egg for garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.9, Fat 8.9, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 187.9, Sodium 123.4, Carbohydrate 2.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.7, Protein 6.6
MOROCCAN-STYLE POTATO AND EGG SANDWICHES
- Cover eggs with cold water by 1 1/2 inches in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart saucepan and bring to a rolling boil, partially covered. Reduce heat to low and cook eggs, covered, 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let eggs stand in hot water, covered, 15 minutes. Rinse eggs under cold water 5 minutes to stop cooking. Peel eggs and quarter lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, toast cumin seeds in a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant and a few shades darker, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool, then grind to a powder in grinder. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Cook peppers, onion, potatoes, salt, and pepper in oil in same skillet over moderate heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browned and very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut off an end of each roll and pull out some of bread from center to form a wide deep pocket in each roll. Put 2 egg quarters in bottom of each pocket and fill with vegetable mixture. Top filling in each sandwich with 2 of remaining egg quarters and sprinkle with some of cumin.
- Serve sandwiches with remaining cumin and oil and harissa for seasoning.
More about "moroccan inspired eggs recipes"
SHAKSHOUKA - MOROCCAN BAKED EGGS RECIPE - IRENA MACRI
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 35 minsCategory Breakfast
- In a deep frying pan, heat a teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook until crispy, then remove to a bowl but reserve the fat in the frying pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil. Add the onions, chilli and peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened. Season with salt and add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook for a minute, stirring. Then add back the bacon and spices, stir for 30 seconds allowing the aromas to be released. Add the tomatoes, stir and cover with the lid. Cook on medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes, giving it a stir a few times.
- Using a spoon, make small wells in the tomato mix and crack an egg into each, letting the egg whites to spill over the edges. Sprinkle each egg yolk with a little salt and pepper, cover with a lid and cook on medium-low heat until the egg whites settle and firm up but the egg yolks remain gooey, about 5 minutes. It’s very easy to overcook the eggs this way, so it’s best to leave them slightly under-cooked as they will keep cooking while getting served.
MOROCCAN EGGS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
29 KETO-FRIENDLY MOROCCAN RECIPES - MAROCMAMA
MELTINGLY TENDER MOROCCAN EGGPLANT - FEASTING AT HOME
EGGS — HOME - MY MOROCCAN FOOD — MY MOROCCAN FOOD
MOROCCAN SPICED EGGS AND TOMATOES WITH YOGHURT RECIPE
RECIPE :: SHAKSHUKA - MOROCCAN STYLE BAKED EGGS - COCO KELLEY
MOROCCAN STYLE EGGS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
SPICY MOROCCAN EGGS - BROKE FOODIES
MOROCCAN EGGS WITH HARISSA YOGURT | FEASTING AT HOME
SPICY MOROCCAN FRIED EGGS. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
13 MOROCCAN-INSPIRED RECIPES YOU SHOULD’VE TRIED, LIKE, …
MOROCCAN EGGS IN TOMATO SAUCE (SHAKSHUKA) - THE …
MOROCCAN-INSPIRED EGGS | RECIPE IN 2022 | COLD MEALS, BRUNCH …
MOROCCAN BAKED EGGS - HEALTHIER. HAPPIER. QUEENSLAND.
MOROCCAN BAKED EGGS : 7 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - INSTRUCTABLES
MOROCCAN APPETIZERS, SNACKS AND FINGER FOOD - THE SPRUCE EATS
MOROCCAN-INSPIRED EGGS - CURRIES
MOROCCAN STYLE EGGS RECIPE | MOROCCAN RECIPE | PINTEREST
MOROCCAN EGGS - SHAKSHUKA BRUNCH RECIPE | THE USUAL SAUCEPANS
MOROCCAN EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
MOROCCAN RECIPES WITH EGGS - 3 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
MOROCCAN INSPIRED EGG BREAKFAST – DR. AMBER KNOTT, ND
MOROCCAN EGGS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MOROCCAN SCRAMBLE EGGS WITH COUSCOUS | I LOVE EGGS
MOROCCAN BAKED EGGS WITH CHICKPEAS - RECIPE RUNNER
10 BEST MOROCCAN APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TRADITIONAL MOROCCAN BREAKFAST: WHAT MOROCCANS EAT
MOROCCAN EGGPLANT AND TOMATO STEW | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
PAINTED EASTER EGGS WITH MOROCCAN PATTERNS - LOVELY INDEED
MOROCCAN STYLE EGGS | RECIPES | LEE KUM KEE HOME | USA
MOROCCAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICY MOROCCAN EGGS RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
MOROCCAN DEVILED EGGS - FRUGAL MOM EH!
MOROCCAN KEFTA TAGINE WITH EGGS RECIPE - MOROCCAN MEATBALLS
MOROCCAN INSPIRED QUINOA CARROT SALAD - OCCASIONALLY EGGS
SPICY MOROCCAN EGGS - EXOTIC BREAKFAST / BRUNCH RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook Moroccan eggs?These Moroccan Eggs are made with just a few natural ingredients and taste so great with toasted crusty bread. Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add onion and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes, or until translucent. Add tomatoes and cook on medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
How do you cook spinach and eggs in a pan?Fold in the spinach so that it wilts into the pan. Stir in the chopped coriander, then make 4 hollows in the mixture and break in the eggs. Cover and cook for 2 mins, then take off the heat and allow to settle for 2 mins before serving.
What to eat&drink in Morocco?A shallow bowl of chicken tagine with couscous. This Moroccan slow cooker dish is the perfect blend of sweetness and spice. Harira is a famous Moroccan soup, and here's a hearty vegetarian (and vegan!) version - packed with tomatoes and chickpeas and flavored with paprika, turmeric, saffron, ginger, and harissa.
How long do you cook coriander eggs for?Stir in the chopped coriander, then make 4 hollows in the mixture and break in the eggs. Cover and cook for 2 mins, then take off the heat and allow to settle for 2 mins before serving.