MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD (HEALTHY)
Oh, yum, yum...I bought a big bottle of whole cloves at Sam's a while ago and found this recipe to use them. It is fantastic. I pretty much followed it exactly, except for the garlic change. I also added two diced Roma tomatoes. It is very healthy--low fat, with only 2 tsp olive oil!!--and authentic-tasting.
Provided by spatchcock
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pick over lentils to remove any stones and rinse well.
- Stick one onion half with the cloves.
- In a large saucepan, combine water, lentils and the onion stuck with the cloves.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Discard onion.
- Drain lentils and let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, mint, cumin, coriander, salt and garlic.
- Add lentils and toss to mix.
- Finely chop the remaining onion half and add to the lentils along with the roasted peppers.
- Chill at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249.6, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 541.9, Carbohydrate 40.4, Fiber 19, Sugar 2.4, Protein 16
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS AND LENTIL SALAD
- In a small saucepan simmer lentils in water to cover by 2 inches until tender but not falling apart, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain well.
- Transfer hot lentils to a bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool lentils completely, stirring occasionally.
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil and add couscous and salt.
- Remove pan from heat and let couscous stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl whisk together garlic paste, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir lentils and dressing into couscous. Chill salad, covered, at least 3 hours and up to 24.
- Just before serving, stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
MEDITERRANEAN LENTIL SALAD
- In a saucepan combine lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Drain lentils and vegetables and remove bay leaf. Add olive oil, lemon juice, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss to mix and serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.2 g, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 452.8 mg, Sugar 3 g
More about "moroccan lentil salad recipes"
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory Healthy Potluck Side Dish RecipesCalories 250 per serving
- To prepare dressing: Cook paprika and cumin in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until very fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and add lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Whisk in 1/3 cup oil, then stir in preserved lemon peel (or lemon zest).
- To prepare salad: Place lentils in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Stir in salt and continue cooking until just tender, but not at all mushy, 5 to 10 minutes more. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the lentils, vegetables and dates to the dressing; stir until well combined. Stir in mint just before serving.
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD | FEASTING AT HOME
5/5 (61)Calories 359 per servingCategory Vegan Salad
- Place lentils, celery, apricots, almonds, drained onions, herbs and orange zest in a large bowl. Squeeze with the orange juice.
- Mix dressing ingredients into the bowl. If using honey, mix dressing ingredients separately (easier). Toss with salad ingredients.
DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsServings 4Calories 478 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the carrots with the coconut oil and spices. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
- While the carrots are roasting, add the cumin seeds to a dry skillet. Over medium heat, toast the seeds until they are fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and tahini. The tahini will absorb the lemon juice and thicken up. Use water to thin the mixture to dressing consistency. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and the toasted cumin seeds. Set aside.
- Add the lentils, salt, and bay leaves to a pan. Cover with water and simmer until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
CLASSIC MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD - SALIMA'S KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Category Moroccan
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Toss in minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add in grated onion and all of the spices. Simmer for 5 minutes before tossing in grated tomatoes, lentils and water. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover partially with a lid.
- Continue to simmer on medium low for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are cooked through, adding water if the lentils start to look dry.
- Once lentils are cooked through, add tomato paste and stir well until evenly incorporated, adding water if needed. Taste to see if the lentils need any additional seasoning and serve with fresh parsley, paprika and flake salt.
MOROCCAN CHICKPEA AND LENTIL SOUP HARIRA - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
MOROCCAN CARROT AND LENTIL SALAD - A THOUGHT FOR FOOD
MOROCCAN QUINOA AND LENTIL SALAD
MOROCCAN LENTIL CARROT SALAD (VEGAN) | UP BEET KITCHEN
SIMPLE MOROCCAN LENTILS - CHEF HEIDI FINK
14 DELICIOUS MOROCCAN SALAD RECIPES - MAROCMAMA
30-MINUTE MOROCCAN-SPICED LENTILS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - GREAT & HEALTHY SALAD
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD | DINNERS AND DREAMS
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD | RECIPE IN 2021 | MOROCCAN LENTILS, LENTIL …
10 BEST MOROCCAN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
MOROCCAN CARROT AND LENTIL SALAD (VEGAN, GF) - CROWDED KITCHEN
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD - YUM TASTE
MOROCCAN SPICED MILLET AND LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD - THE REAL FOOD ACADEMY
CHILLED MORROCAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE | HEALTHY LUNCH BOX
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD - VEGAN RECIPES
MOROCCAN QUINOA LENTIL SALAD - DONUT FOLLOW THE CROWD
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD - VEGAN RECIPE - DEMAND AFRICA
CLASSIC MOROCCAN TOMATO SALAD - SALIMA'S KITCHEN
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD WITH SARDINES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
MOROCCAN-SPICED MILLET-AND-LENTIL SALAD RECIPE
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD - KATH EATS REAL FOOD
FISH WITH MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD | THE HEART FOUNDATION
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD: THE RECIPE OF THE SUMMER AND …
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD | RECIPE | SPICED LENTILS, LENTIL SALAD, LENTILS ...
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD - LENTIL SALAD RECIPES
You'll also love