CELERY ROOT SOUP WITH CROUTONS
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a simmer, add celery root pieces, and simmer until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Place celery root in a blender and process until smooth. Transfer puree to a pot, add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream and cook until hot, but don't boil. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and toast bread cubes until dry and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and croutons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.4 calories, Carbohydrate 20.2 g, Cholesterol 38.3 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 585.1 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
CHERRY SHORTBREAD BARS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch pan with heavy aluminum foil.
- Mix flour, 1 cup butter, and white sugar together until mixture is crumbly. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Blend brown sugar, eggs, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Drain and chop cherries, reserving the liquid. Stir cherries and walnuts into the egg mixture. Place mixture on top of the baked crust.
- Return to the oven and bake until set, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Combine powdered sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with enough cherry liquid to spread easily. Frost cooled bars. Cut into squares after icing has set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.7 calories, Carbohydrate 32.1 g, Cholesterol 37.7 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 127 mg, Sugar 20.9 g
MOSTLY CHERRY FRUIT SOUP WITH SHORTBREAD 'CROUTONS'
- To make the soup, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the peach and boil for 1 minute. Place immediately in a bowl of cold water to refresh, and slip off the skin. Halve and pit the peach and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Place the wine, water, sugar and lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Tie the lemon zest, bay leaf, thyme and cinnamon stick together with a string and add to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat so the liquid simmers and add the peach, plums and cherries. Simmer until the fruit is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the spices.
- Place 1 cup of the soup in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the soup. Refrigerate until cold.
- To make the croutons, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift the flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt together into a medium-size bowl. Rub in the butter. Add the almond extract and use your hands to gently work the mixture until it comes together to form a dough. Butter an 8-inch baking pan. Place the dough in the pan, lightly flour fingertips and press dough into the pan in an even layer. Bake until the dough is very lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. While the shortbread is still warm, cut it into 1-inch squares. Let cool.
- To serve, ladle the soup among 4 bowls. Just before serving, garnish each bowl with shortbread croutons.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 647, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 93 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 308 milligrams, Sugar 55 grams, TransFat 1 gram
SOUR CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt; stir well.
- Add butter and mix with electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Add cherries and vanilla and mix until the cherries are evenly distributed, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Scrape half of dough from bowl onto a sheet of parchment paper and roll the dough out ¼ inch thick. Lift parchment paper onto a rimmed baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
- Chill both baking sheets in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Remove baking sheets from the refrigerator. Using a sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut the dough into 2-inch rounds (or shape of your choice).
- Place cookies on baking sheets. Keep cookies refrigerated until ready to bake.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, on center rack of oven for 20 to 25 minutes each.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 20 minutes, then dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.5, Fat 31.1, SaturatedFat 19.5, Cholesterol 81.3, Sodium 206.4, Carbohydrate 50.7, Fiber 1, Sugar 17.9, Protein 4.1
CHERRY COCOA SHORTBREAD SQUARES
Whenever there is a potluck at work or a family gathering, I'm asked to bring these delectable bars. I found the recipe years ago and have made it countless times since. -Bettie Martin, Oneida, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar. Beat in flour and cocoa (mixture will be crumbly). Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until surface is set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and remaining butter; beat in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Pat cherries dry with a paper towel; arrange over frosting and press down gently. , In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cherries. Refrigerate until glaze has hardened. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 34mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHERRY SHORTBREAD HEARTS
"This recipe for heart-shaped cookies is one of the tastiest I've tried," writes Elaine Anderson from Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. "Folks always "ooh" and "aah" over the buttery taste combined with chocolate. These make great Valentine's Day gifts wrapped up in cellophane and ribbon."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in the cherries, water and extract until dough forms a ball. , On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. , Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. , In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 46mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
TOMATO SOUP WITH GRILLED CHEESE CROUTONS RECIPE BY TASTY
Name a better pair than tomato soup and grilled cheese-while we wait, we'll dig into this creamy soup and crouton combo. Rather than serving the grilled cheese as whole sandwiches, we cube ours into croutons and serve directly on top of the soup for crunchy, cheesy goodness in every bite.
Provided by Tasty
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the soup: In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the olive oil and butter together over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme, red pepper flakes, sugar, tomatoes and their juices, vegetable stock, and basil. Bring to a boil, using a wooden spoon to break up the tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the basil sprig, then use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Alternatively, ladle the soup into a standing blender, working in batches, and blend until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream to the soup, cover, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, until warmed through.
- Make the croutons: On a cutting board, butter both sides of each slice of bread. Lay the cheese on 2 of the bread slices. Top with the other slices of bread, creating a sandwich.
- Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Once the pan is warm, add the sandwiches and cook until golden brown on the underside, 2-3 minutes. Flip the sandwiches over and continue cooking until the other side golden brown and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the grilled cheese sandwiches to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch croutons.
- Serve the tomato soup topped with the grilled cheese croutons.
CHOCOLATE-COVERED CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES
A wonderful change from the standard shortbread! Chocolate shortbread cookies with cherry bits and flavoring, dipped in chocolate. Store covered, in the refrigerator, or freeze for later.
Provided by KDL1221
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Finely chop 6 ounces baking chocolate and set aside.
- Combine flour, cold butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and cocoa powder in a large bowl; beat until mixture resembles small crumbs. Stir in chopped chocolate, maraschino cherries, and almond extract until well combined.
- Pour 2 tablespoons sugar into a shallow bowl. Form cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the sugar until coated. Arrange cookies 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet. Use the bottom of a cup to flatten cookies to 1 1/2-inch rounds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are firm, about 10 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Carefully transfer cookies to waxed paper; let cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Heat remaining chocolate in a small pot, stirring occasionally, until melted. Add 1 tablespoon butter and milk; stir until mixture is melted and runs off a spoon with ease. Add another tablespoon of butter and milk if needed.
- Dip each cookie at least halfway into the melted chocolate mixture. Lay the dipped cookies back on the waxed paper. Let cool and harden for several hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.1 g, Cholesterol 9.6 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 0.9 mg, Sugar 6 g
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH CHEESE CROUTONS
The onions may make you cry, but this soup will make you smile. The mix of two kinds of both mix with sherry and congnac make this soup yummy, but the Gruyere Croutons put it over the top.
Provided by Debbwl
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large stockpot on medium-high heat, saute the onions with the butter and bay leaf for 20 minutes, until the onions turn a rich golden brown color. Deglaze the pan with the sherry and brandy and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer uncovered for 15 more minutes.
- Add the beef and chicken stocks plus salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, taste for salt and pepper.
- *For the croutons*.
- While the soup simmers, arrange the baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet and bake in a 400-degree oven until the bread is dry, crisp, and golden at edges, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- *To serve*.
- Adjust oven rack 6 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Set individual broiler-safe crocks on baking sheet and fill each with about 1 3/4 cups soup. Top each bowl with 1 or 2 baguette slices (do not overlap slices) and sprinkle evenly with Gruyère. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly around edges, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1008.7, Fat 35.3, SaturatedFat 19.8, Cholesterol 95, Sodium 2973.1, Carbohydrate 118.2, Fiber 7.1, Sugar 16.9, Protein 40.4
More about "mostly cherry fruit soup with shortbread croutons recipes"
CHERRY AND ALMOND SHORTBREAD RECIPE | COOKBAKEEAT
CROUTONS | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH GARLIC CROUTONS - MAYA …
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH GRILLED CHEESE “CROUTONS”
FRUIT FOR THOUGHT - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
CHERRY SOUP WITH CINNAMON CROUTONS - THE WINE LOVER'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SOUR CHERRY RECIPES - NYT COOKING
CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - FAMILY COOKIE RECIPES
GLACE CHERRY SHORTBREAD - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
CHERRY ALMOND SHORTBREAD - ROGERS FOODS
BREAD CROUTONS FOR SOUP - COOK LIKE CZECHS
CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - IT IS A KEEPER
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - JAM HANDS
CHERRY SHORTBREAD | EVERYDAY COOKS
EASY CHERRY SHORTBREAD RECIPE - NETMUMS
CHERVIL SOUP WITH CROUTONS RECIPE - EAT SMARTER USA
LEMON AND CANDIED CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - RICARDO
THE BEST HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESY CROUTONS - CHEF …
EASY CHERRY BARS RECIPE (GREAT FOR A CROWD!) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
MOSTLY CHERRY FRUIT SOUP WITH SHORTBREAD CROUTONS RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
MINI SOUP CROUTONS - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - SHE'S NOT COOKIN'
10 BEST FRUIT SHORTBREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH GRILLED CHEESE CROUTONS - MOSTLY …
THREE INGREDIENT CHERRY SHORTBREAD CRUMBLE - GLUTARAMA
CHERRY SHORTBREAD - ASDA GOOD LIVING
CHERRY VANILLA SHORTBREAD TART - CHERRY PIE JUST GOT BETTER!
CHERRY WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES - EVERYDAY EILEEN
MOSTLY CHERRY FRUIT SOUP WITH SHORTBREAD 'CROUTONS'
RAINIER CHERRY PIE SHORTBREAD BARS - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
6 HOMEMADE CROUTON RECIPES TO TAKE SOUPS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
BROCCOLI SOUP WITH CHEDDAR CROUTONS | CANADIAN LIVING
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH DUBLINER® CROUTONS RECIPE - KERRYGOLD
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH CHEESY MUSTARD CROUTONS RECIPE
CHERRY SHORTBREAD COOKIES - ONE SWEET APPETITE
CHERRY SHORTBREAD - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CREAMY ONION SOUP WITH CHEDDAR CROUTONS | RICARDO
HOT FRUIT SOUP: IT’S A THING – TWIN CITIES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Cherry shortbread cookies?How to make Cherry Shortbread Cookies? Step 1. Fold the softened butter into the mixer bowl and beat. Step 2. Pour the powdered sugar, vanilla, and beat until creamy. Start at a low speed, gradually increasing. Step 3. In a separate bowl or in a measuring cup, mix flour and salt, sift.
Can you make croutons for Soup the day ahead?Crisp, golden croutons are lovely sprinkled over the top of a bowl of hot or chilled soup. You can make croutons a day ahead, and store them in an airtight container once they have cooled. This recipe is from The Delia Collection: Soup.
What do you do with croutons?These crisp, buttery croutons are good on salads, soups or just as a snack. Toss the croutons in a salad or garnish a bowl of soup with them. I eat Caesar salads just for the these croutons!
What do croutons taste like?These croutons taste great, and your house will smell wonderful with the scent of the herbs. These crisp, buttery croutons are good on salads, soups or just as a snack. Toss the croutons in a salad or garnish a bowl of soup with them.