ANGELA'S AWESOME ENCHILADAS
The secret is in the seasonings! I whipped these up on my own using stuff I had on hand. Shredding the chicken is the most time-consuming step, but it's worth it in the end. Give these babies a try! Serve with sour cream and a side of Spanish rice.
Provided by MomSavedbyGrace
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the chicken in a large pot and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken pieces are no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Shred chicken by placing two forks back to back and pulling meat apart. Set the shredded chicken aside. Meanwhile, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and chili powder in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, chopped green chilies, taco seasoning, half of the bunch of chopped green onion, and water. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, onion powder, and garlic powder; simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir 1 cup of the soup mixture into the skillet with the chicken mixture. Spread the remaining soup mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the chicken filling before folding the tortillas, reserving half of the shredded cheese for topping the enchiladas. Fold tortillas over the filling and place seam-side down in the prepared pan.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas. Cover with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle the reserved chopped green onions and the sliced olives on top of the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven until filling is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 709.5 calories, Carbohydrate 52.5 g, Cholesterol 125.7 mg, Fat 36.3 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 42.2 g, SaturatedFat 17.6 g, Sodium 1764.5 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
MY FAMOUS ENCHILADAS
My mom used to make a very simplified version of this recipe. I've just changed it over the years to what it is now...It's always a work in progress.
Provided by RangyWulf
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 10 enchiladas, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees f.
- While oven is warming up, brown beef with the minced garlic and then drain. Add refried beans to beef and mix well. Add the red and green peppers, onions and 1 can of enchilada sauce and mix well. Season to taste with Salt, pepper and crushed red peppers.
- Take tortilla and place whatever amount of rice you want in center. Place a heaping spoonful of beef mixture ontop of rice. Sprinkle with cheese, wrap and place in either a baking dish or a deep tray. Continue until all ingrediants are used up or you run out of tortillas. If you run out of tortillas before mixture is gone, poor remaining mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
- Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and bake in oven for 10 minutes. Add cheese ontop of the enchiladas and bake another 5 minutes until edges are brown and cheese is melted. Let cool before serving.
- I usually serve these with shredded lettuce and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466.5, Fat 19.1, SaturatedFat 8.3, Cholesterol 56.8, Sodium 883.8, Carbohydrate 48.8, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 2.9, Protein 24.1
MAKEOVER GOURMET ENCHILADAS
Our pros created a healthier version of Beth's dish by tweaking the original. With this better-for-you recipe, now you can enjoy their great flavor more often! -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dishes (6 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cottage cheese, sour cream, chiles, cumin and coriander; set aside., For sauce, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, salsa, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened., Place a heaping 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over top., Sprinkle one dish with 6 tablespoons cheese; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining dish, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted., To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 715mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MOMMA'S FAMOUS ENCHILADAS
- Cook beef with enchilada seasoning and drain. Meanwhile, chop onion, grate cheese. When beef is almost done, start the refried beans.
- Grease a large casserole dish. Heat chili and ranch style beans together. Put refried beans, beef, onions, and cheese on tortillas and roll until pan is full. Top with chili mix, and cheese.
- Cook at 375°F for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN ENCHILADAS
This is the real thing! Corn tortillas are dipped in a home made sauce, fried, filled with Mexican queso fresco, then topped with sour cream, lettuce and tomato. My mother in law is from Mexico and taught me to make this delicious dish! Serve with authentic refried beans, it has a taste different from the norm--so good!
Provided by Becky
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Snap the tops off of the dried chilies, and place in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain the water, and place chilies into a food processor or blender with the garlic and salt. Puree until smooth. Press sauce through a strainer, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Soak each tortilla in the sauce, then place in the hot oil. Turn over almost immediately, and fry for about 5 seconds on the other side. Remove to a plate that is lined with paper towels. The easiest way to do this is to fry the tortillas and stack them directly on top of each other until you have fried them all. This will keep the tortillas pliable until you are ready to fill them.
- Take one fried tortilla at a time, and fill with about 2 tablespoons of the queso fresco. Roll up, and place seam side down on a plate. Place three of these on each plate. Top in the following order: Start with a layer of sour cream, then a small handful of lettuce, three tomato slices, 2 more tablespoons of queso fresco, and finally, 1 tablespoon of green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477.3 calories, Carbohydrate 46.1 g, Cholesterol 56.7 mg, Fat 24.3 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 21.1 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 609.1 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
FAMOUS CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
I have been making these enchiladas for 15 years. Family and friends have begged for the recipe and I am finally ready to share. They are simple to make, rich, creamy and delicious.
Provided by Sureglad
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, onion, 1/2 the cheese, and green chilies.
- Mix all ingredients well. Make sure the cream cheese is not clumpy.
- In a 9x13 rectangular baking dish pour enough enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
- In each tortilla put approximately 3-4 large tablespoons of the mixture.
- Roll each tortilla and place into the pan.
- Once pan is full, pour enough enchilada sauce on top to make sure each tortilla is covered.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for between 25 and 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, etc.
More about "my famous enchiladas recipes"
THE LAST RED ENCHILADA RECIPE YOU WILL NEED TO LOOK UP
RED ENCHILADAS RECIPE - MEXICO IN MY KITCHEN
MILD ENCHILADA SAUCE RECIPE — WHAT LISA COOKS
MY FAVORITE CHICKEN ENCHILADA RECIPE - MOM'S DINNER
ENCHILADA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
THE BEST BEEF ENCHILADAS WITH HOMEMADE ENCHILADA …
20 BEST ENCHILADA RECIPES (+ EASY DINNERS) - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Category Dinner, Recipe Roundup
ENCHILADA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
MY FAMOUS ENCHILADAS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
AUTHENTIC RED ENCHILADA RECIPE - THE BEST YOU'LL EVER TASTE
MY FAMOUS ENCHILADAS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | ENCHILADA …
THE BEST ENCHILADA RECIPE IN THE WORLD - FOOD STORAGE MOMS
ENCHILADA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
BEST EVER ENCHILADAS - MRS HAPPY HOMEMAKER
MY FAVORITE ENCHILADAS - MRS HAPPY HOMEMAKER
BETTY'S FAMOUS CHICKEN ENCHILADA RECIPE - THE DEVOTED DAUGHTER
50 FLAVOR-PACKED ENCHILADA IDEAS WE LOVE | TASTE OF HOME
STEFFIE'S "FAMOUS" ENCHILADAS - BIGOVEN.COM
35 ENCHILADA RECIPES - I WASH YOU DRY
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS RECIPE: MAMA XOCHITL'S FAMOUS ENCHILADAS!
MY FAMOUS CHICKEN ENCHILADA SUIZAS - 30AEATS
20+ ENCHILADA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
MY FAMOUS ENCHILADAS - PLAIN.RECIPES
MY FAMOUS ENCHILADAS - MEXICAN RECIPES
59 BEST ENCHILADA RECIPES: EASY FILLING IDEAS AND MORE
FAMOUS ENCHILADAS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BEST GREEN CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - LIFE MADE SIMPLE BAKES
10 BEST ENCHILADAS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF ENCHILADAS - DAMN DELICIOUS
ENCHILADA RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
ENCHILADAS | METRO
MY FAMOUS "ENCHILADAS VERDES" - ADRIANA'S BEST RECIPES
FAMOUS CHICKEN ENCHILADAS, IT’S WHAT’S FOR DINNER! - THE MAMA LIFE
CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | GIMME SOME OVEN
PIONEER WOMAN'S PERFECT ENCHILADAS - FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD
RECIPE: ENCHILADAS SUPREME - FAMOUS CHILI RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #casseroles #main-dish #beef #oven #one-dish-meal #ground-beef #meat #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make enchiladas?Now set up an assembly line for your enchiladas. Tortillas, chicken filling, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and the prepared pan. Place a few spoonfuls of chicken down the center of one tortilla and top with a few pinches of cheese. Roll the tortilla over the filling and lay it, seam side down, in the prepared pan.
What are chicken enchiladas made of?A spicy chicken and chile pepper mixture is blended with a creamy soup mixture, rolled up in flour tortillas, and baked with Cheddar cheese on top. This is an easy chicken enchiladas recipe that you will love.
How long to cook enchiladas in the oven?Top the rolled enchiladas with the remaining can of sauce, remaining cup of cheese and all the green onions. Cover the pan with foil and place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
What are some of the best enchiladas in Mexico?My favorite is the ‘Enchiladas Placeras’ sold at the plaza in Morelia, Michoacán with a side dish of cubed carrots and potatoes. There’s also the spicier version of enchiladas rojas from the Huasteca region of San Luis Potosí, using dried árbol peppers.