MOM'S MEAT LOAF
Mom made the best meatloaf, and now I do, too. When I first met my husband, he didn't care for homemade meatloaf, but this won him over. -Michelle Beran, Claflin, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan., In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf., Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 1092mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein.
Good meatloaf is about as comforting as comfort food gets. Thankfully, meatloaf doesn't have to be complex to be good. It just needs to be tender (from breadcrumbs soaked in milk and gentle handling) and flavorful (from onion, garlic, and ketchup).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in milk. Set aside, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, garlic, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add bread-milk mixture, and mix very gently with a fork (do not overmix).
- Place meat mixture on prepared baking sheet, and form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide.
- Bake, brushing twice with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during baking, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees, 45 to 55 minutes. Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464 g, Fat 33 g, Protein 29 g
When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf. And if you don't have a go-to recipe, we offer you this one. It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the whole fam, turn to this can't-miss recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Press mixture in ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread 1/4 cup ketchup evenly over top. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
Keep this meatloaf recipe handy: It's the only one you'll need.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the meatloaf mix, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, onion, garlic, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and form it into a compact oval-shaped loaf about 9 inches by 5 inches. Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes.
- Stir the brown sugar together with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire in a small bowl for the glaze. Brush the top and sides of the meatloaf all over with the glaze. Return to the oven and bake until the glaze starts to caramelize and a thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 334.6 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
My daughter hated meat loaf until I made this recipe adapted from other recipes I have read. Now she wants it once a week. I think it is the sweet topping that made the difference.
Provided by Karen From Colorado
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine eggs, milk, and Worcestershire.
- Stir in crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, sage, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Add beef and mix well using wet hands; place in a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 1 1/4 hours; drain off any excess fat.
- Mix together catchup, brown sugar, and mustard; spread over meat and return to oven for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.2, Fat 14.8, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 140, Sodium 696.6, Carbohydrate 14, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 4.8, Protein 27.6
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Sauté onions and garlic. Beat eggs in a bowl, and then add all ingredients (including onions and garlic) except the Special K. Mix very well (no chunks of tofu) and then add the Special K last. Mix together and then put in pan that is sprayed with cooking oil. Bake for 1 hour. Pour sauce over loaf after 1 hour, and bake for 10 more minutes. This dish goes well with mashed potatoes.
More about "neatloaf recipes"
THE MEATLOAF RECIPE THAT'LL TURN YOU INTO A MEATLOAF LOVER ...
5/5 (3)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- In a large bowl, stir together breadcrumbs and milk (or sour cream); let stand to absorb. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then cook onion with 1 tsp salt until softened, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute more. Cool for a few minutes, then scrape into breadcrumb mixture.
- Stir 1/4 cup ketchup into the breadcrumb mixture, along with Worcestershire sauce, parsley, remaining salt, and the pepper. When mixture is cool to the touch, stir in the eggs then the ground meat. Use your hands to gently but thoroughly work the mixture together.
- Scrape the meat mixture onto the prepared pan and use your hands to shape it into roughly 9x5" loaf shape. Dollop on the remaining 1/3 cup ketchup, using a spoon to spread it out evenly.
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH THE BEST GLAZE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (584)Total Time 1 hrCategory EasyCalories 344 per serving
- Add meat to the loaf pan, gently press meat down and shape evenly and bake meatloaf at 375˚F for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce. Spread the sauce over meatloaf then return to oven and bake additional 15-20 minutes. Rest meatloaf 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with baking juices from the pan.
MEATLOAF RECIPE (EXTRA DELICIOUS!) | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (268)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory MainCalories 404 per serving
- Meatloaf: Place breadcrumbs in a very large bowl. Grate over onion. Mix so the breadcrumbs are all wet. (Note 4)
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well using your hands. Form into a loaf shape, pinching together then smoothing over creases and cracks (helps prevent cracks during baking).
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
4.9/5 (524)Calories 262 per servingCategory Beef, Dinner, Main Course
- Add the ground beef, onions, 1 tablespoon of ketchup or chili sauce, Italian seasoning, parsley and salt & pepper to taste. Mix until just combined.
21 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE BEST MEATLOAF
Author Country Living StaffEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
10 BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE WORLD'S BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - NO JOKE! IT WON AN ...
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
5/5 Calories 164 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Main Course, Main Dish
- In a large bowl, add the beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.*
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and vinegar. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
CRACKER BARREL MEATLOAF RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
4.8/5 (537)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Copycat Recipes, DinnerCalories 378 per serving
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Place to the side. This will be used later as the topping.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, crushed Ritz crackers, cheese, milk, onion, bell pepper, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
MOMMA'S MEATLOAF - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
4.9/5 (260)Calories 324 per servingCategory Main Dish
- In a large mixing bowl, knead together the ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, milk, egg, worcestershire sauce, salt, basil, oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Shape the meat into a loaf and put it into the prepared pan. Bake in the 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Mix up the glaze in a small bowl by whisking together the ketchup, brown sugar, and worcestershire sauce. Brush it over the hot meatloaf.
CLASSIC LIPTON ONION SOUP MEATLOAF RECIPE
Ratings 294Calories 374 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree
MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
AIR FRYER MEATLOAF - SO JUICY! - THE RECIPE REBEL
GROUND BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
MEATLOAF RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
ITALIAN MEATLOAF RECIPE MOZZARELLA - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
MEATLOAF RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
MEATLOAF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
OUR 31 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | MYRECIPES
11 MUST-TRY MEATLOAF RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
7 AWESOME MEATLOAF RECIPES, PLUS EXPERT-BACKED TIPS TO ...
You'll also love