Want to know how to make lasagna for a casual holiday meal? You can't go wrong with this deliciously rich meat lasagna recipe. My grown sons and daughter-in-law request it for their birthdays, too. -Pam Thompson, Girard, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage, beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Drain., Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, 3 tablespoons parsley, basil, fennel, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally., In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley and salt., Preheat oven to 375°. Spread 2 cups meat sauce into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles and a third of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce and cheeses (dish will be full)., Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519 calories, Fat 27g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 109mg cholesterol, Sodium 1013mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
SIMPLY LASAGNA RECIPE
Discover the only lasagna recipe you'll ever need! Watch our video to learn how to make this meaty, cheesy, crowd-pleasing Simply Lasagna Recipe tonight.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Special Occasion Recipes
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine egg, ricotta, parsley, 1-1/4 cups mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Drain meat; return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce. Add 1 cup water to empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Add to meat mixture; stir until blended.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture and 1 cup of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 490 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 23 g
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 81.8 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 1400.4 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
People also searched
More about "notlasagna recipes"
LITERALLY THE *BEST* LASAGNA RECIPE - LAUREN'S LATEST
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in onion and saute 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and ground beef. Break meat apart as it browns. Once meat has browned completely, pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, bay leaves, dried basil, sugar, Italian Seasoning and salt. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook sauce 1-2 hours or until very thick. You may have to add a little extra water as it reduces down to prevent scorching. This is normal.
- While meat sauce cooks, make the cheese layer: stir cheeses together in a bowl with basil, parsley and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup prepared sauce in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Layer in 5-6 noodles across the bottom to completely cover. Spread half of the cheese mixture overtop of the noodles and then one third of the sauce. Top with another layer of noodles, the second half of the cheese mixture and another third of the sauce. Final layer is the last of the noodles and the last of the meat sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 lb. grated mozzarella cheese. So real quick, here is the order of the layers:Meat Sauce (just a little so the noodles don't stick to the bottom)NoodlesCheese FillingMeat SauceNoodlesCheese FillingMeat SauceNoodlesMeat SauceMozzarella Cheese
EASY LASAGNA RECIPE (NO NEED TO BOIL THE NOODLES!)
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef and sausage together. Drain off and discard any fat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well.
LASAGNA | GIMME SOME OVEN
- In a large sauté pan or stockpot, cook the sausage and onion over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely browned, crumbling it with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the garlic, tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes and sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the wine, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any of the browned bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Use the wooden spoon to break up the tomatoes into small pieces as the sauce continues to cook. Once the sauce reaches a simmer, reduce heat to medium to maintain the simmer. Then let the sauce continue to simmer and reduce down for about 10-15 minutes, or until about half of the juices have evaporated. (You still want the sauce to be fairly juicy, just not overly so.) Discard bay leaf. Remove pan from heat and set aside until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, in a separate mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta, Parmesan, basil and egg until combined.
THE BEST LASAGNA RECIPE EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil and onion. Sauté until tender and add the ground beef and sausage. Cook and crumble until brown and cooked throughout. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sugar, and basil. Let simmer on low heat.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
THE MOST AMAZING LASAGNA RECIPE
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in ground sausage and ground beef. Use a spoon to break up the meat into small pieces. Add in onion and garlic and cook until meat is well browned, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, fresh basil, fennel, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Pour in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and wine*. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place lasagna noodles into the bottom of a pan. Pour hot tap water directly over the noodles, making sure the pasta is completely immersed in the water. Let them soak for 30 minutes, then drain and discard water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Refrigerate until ready to assemble lasagna.
HOW TO MAKE THIS 100 YEAR-OLD AUTHENTIC ITALIAN LASAGNA RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
LASAGNA !! | RECIPETIN EATS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
EASIEST LASAGNA RECIPE (HOW TO MAKE EASY LASAGNA WITH PHOTOS)
See details »
LASAGNA RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
See details »
30 BEST LASAGNA RECIPES | EASY LASAGNA RECIPE IDEAS ...
See details »
BEST MEXICAN LASAGNA (MAKE AHEAD, FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- SOAK NOODLES: Place lasagna noodles in the bottom of a long pan. Pour hot tap water over the noodles until they are submerged. Let them soak while you prep the filling – at least 30 minutes. Agitate the noodles with your hands occasionally to prevent them from sticking together.
- PREP: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a deep 9X13-inch pan; set aside. Whisk together the flour and all Meat Filling seasonings (through cayenne pepper); set aside.
- COOK BEEF: Brown beef and onions in a Dutch oven or very large skillet until almost cooked through. Sprinkle in flour/seasonings mixture and cook for two minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the tomato paste and garlic and cook for one minute.
- FILLING INGREDIENTS: Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, green chiles, cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon. Bring the sauce to a simmer and continue to simmer, stirring often, until thickened, 10-15 minutes. After the sauce has thickened, stir in beans, corn, olives and apple cider vinegar then remove from heat.
CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente according to package instructions then drain hot water and add cold water to the pot to stop the cooking process and prevent noodles from sticking together. Shred 4 cups of chicken.
- Place a pot or large saucepan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and saute onions for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add 4 Tbsp butter and whisk in 1/3 cup flour. Continue whisking 3 minutes or until flour mixture is golden.
- In a large bowl, whisk together: ricotta, egg, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan, and 1/4 cup parsley.
- Add a little bechamel sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish, add 3 noodles, Add 1/2 ricotta sauce, 1/2 shredded chicken then ladle 1/3 of spinach sauce over the chicken.
WE TRIED 4 FAMOUS LASAGNA RECIPES - HERE'S THE BEST | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- The Biggest Letdown: Giada de Laurentiis’ Classic Italian Lasagna. Overall rating: 6/10. Get the recipe: Classic Italian Lasagna. Read more: I Had High Hopes for Giada de Laurentiis’ Over-the-Top Lasagna.
- The Taste of My Childhood: Martha Stewart’s Lasagna with Meat Sauce. Overall rating: 8/10. Get the recipe: Martha Stewart’s Lasagna with Meat Sauce. Read more: Martha Stewart’s Lasagna Features a Brilliant Time-Saving Trick.
- The Time-Consuming Recipe (Mostly) Worth the Effort: Allrecipes’ World’s Best Lasagna. Overall rating: 9/10. Get the recipe: Allrecipes’ World’s Best Lasagna.
- The Clear (and Surprising!) Frontrunner: Ina Garten’s Turkey Lasagna. Overall rating: 10/10. Get the recipe: Ina Garten’s Turkey Lasagna. Read more: Ina Garten Has a Clever Trick to Making the Best Lasagna Ever.
EXTRA-EASY LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (69)Servings 6-8
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread one-third of meat sauce in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; layer with 3 noodles and half each of ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. (The ricotta cheese layers will be thin.) Repeat procedure; spread remaining one-third of meat sauce over mozzarella cheese. Slowly pour 1/4 cup hot water around inside edge of dish. Tightly cover baking dish with 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
NOT-SAGNA PASTA TOSS RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY | FOOD NETWORK
Author Rachael RaySteps 4Difficulty Easy
- Heat a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente. Heads up: you will need a ladle of the starchy cooking water to help form sauce before draining.
- Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add the meat and break it up into small bits as it caramelizes. Once meat has good color to it, 4 to 5 minutes, add garlic, onions and red pepper flakes and season with salt, pepper, allspice and Worcestershire sauce. Cook another 5 minutes, deglaze the meat and onions with red wine, cook off a minute, then combine about 1/2 cup of stock into the meat. Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a bubble. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place ricotta cheese in the bottom of a shallow bowl. Add a ladleful of boiling, starchy pasta water to the ricotta and stir to combine. Add a couple of handfuls of grated Parmesan to the ricotta and mix it in.
- Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with cheeses. Add half the thick meat sauce to the pasta bowl and combine. Tear or shred the basil and add to the meat and pasta, toss again. Taste to adjust salt and pepper. Serve bowlfuls of Not-sagna with extra sauce on top and more grated Parmesan to pass at the table.
THE EASIEST LASAGNA RECIPE EVER - COOKING CLASSY
- Heat a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in beef and cook and break up beef until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in marinara sauce and vegetable broth (I like to swish the vegetable broth around in the empty jar of marinara sauce to remove any excess, totally optional).
- To assemble lasagna, spread 1/3 of the marinara sauce (about 1 1/2 cups) into bottom of baking dish. Top with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles.
26 LASAGNA RECIPES YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Basic Lasagna With Meaty Sauce. Lasagna is the perfect dish to make when serving a crowd because it can be made in advance and just about everybody loves it.
- Italian Sausage Lasagna. Traditional Italian sausage lasagna is a family favorite lasagna recipe for so many people. Super easy and satisfying for a crowd, it's sure to be a hit with your family, too.
- Chef Michael Symon's Pierogi Lasagna. Celebrity Chef Michael Symon is a Food Network favorite, a James Beard Foundation Award winner, a cookbook author, and the owner of several restaurants in Cleveland and Detroit.
- Mexican Green Lasagna. Next time you can’t decide whether you feel like Mexican or Italian food for dinner, go for this delicious Mexican lasagna that serves up the best of both worlds.
- Instant Pot Lasagna. This instant pot lasagna recipe is prepared with ground beef, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, marinara sauce, and no-boil noodles like traditional oven-baked lasagna.
- Creamy Venezuelan-Style Lasagna. If you love a creamy lasagna with loads of delectable white sauce, this is the recipe for you. Traditional Venezuelan lasagna (also called Pasticho) is a deliciously decadent version of lasagna made with tubular pasta, ground beef, tomatoes, dried herbs and plenty of creamy bechamel sauce.
- Whole Wheat Vegetarian Spinach Lasagna. Make your vegetarian lasagna a little bit healthier by using this recipe, which calls for whole wheat lasagna noodles and fiber-packed spinach.
- 3-Cheese Butternut Squash and Mushroom Lasagna. The autumnal flavors of sweet roasted butternut squash, hearty sautéed mushrooms, ricotta, Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses combine in this comforting and satisfying version of lasagna that's perfect for weekend dinners.
- Lasagna With White and Red Sauce. The white and red sauce takes the place of ricotta cheese in this rich and flavorful recipe that's perfect for making ahead on the weekend and serving to your family all week long.
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Lasagna. For a low-carb, gluten-free take, use this zucchini lasagna recipe. It includes everything that's great about lasagna, including ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses.
18 DELICIOUS LASAGNA RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
- Tuscan Lasagna. To keep lasagna on the healthier side, add low-fat ricotta and spinach to the mix. Get This Recipe.
- Our Favorite Lasagna with Sausage, Spinach, and Three Cheeses. "Our favorite" is a big claim. It's big on the flavor and low on the fuss, thanks to a rich and hearty meat sauce and no-boil noodles, which take out one extra step.
- Microwave Lasagna With Spinach, Mushrooms, and Three Cheeses. You won't believe this hearty, flavorful lasagna was cooked in just 15 minutes using a microwave.
- Roasted Zucchini Lasagna. Zucchini ribbons take the place of pasta in this naturally gluten-free vegetarian casserole. Get This Recipe.
- Lasagna Bolognese. Eight layers of homemade(!) pasta, a rich and hearty meat sauce, and some creamy béchamel all make for a lasagna you'd write home about.
- Butternut Squash Lasagna Rolls. If there was ever a perfectly seasonal pasta, it'd be this ready-for-fall butternut squash lasagna. Layer in butter squash, shallots, and spinach for the filling, which you'll roll up instead of laying flat.
- Lasagna with Turkey Sausage Bolognese. Bring some extra aromas into this fantastic gooey beauty. Some crushed up fennel seeds play off of the turkey sausage,
- Creamy Vegan Mushroom Lasagna. Packed with a creamy cashew spread and plenty of hearty mushrooms, this rich, vegan dish will win over even the most passionate meat eaters.
- Lasagna Roll-Ups. Lasagna roll-ups are so perfectly convenient and handy, particularly for smaller households, because they can be easily assembled in small loaf pans and you can just grab the amount you need rather than bake off a huge pan at once.
- Layered Tex-Mex Lasagna. Swap out the lasagna noodles for tortillas in this South-of-the-border take on lasagna. The fillings get updated too: a combo of mashed pinto beans, corn, green chilies, and salsa provide that spicy, Mexican flavor.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER LASAGNA NOODLES IF YOU DON'T HAVE ...
Author Rachael Ray Show StaffEstimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
TRY THIS DELICIOUS IMPOSSIBLE™ LASAGNA | IMPOSSIBLE FOODS
Total Time 1 hr 30 mins See details »
39 THINGS TO DO WITH LASAGNA NOODLES - TASTE OF HOME
See details »
5 LASAGNA NOODLE RECIPE IDEAS | FN DISH - BEHIND-THE ...
See details »
LASAGNA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
4 TASTY RECIPES FROM YOUR LEFTOVER LASAGNA NOODLES
See details »
EASY LASAGNE - CATELLI®
See details »
You'll also love