GRANDMA JENSEN'S NUTS AND BOLTS
My Grandma Jensen used to make this spicy snack at Christmas every year, and she always made several batches so she could give plenty away and still serve it in her home. Kinda spicy, kinda garlicy, and completely addictive.
Provided by Hawkified
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat an oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Combine the wheat cereal, corn cereal, rice cereal, oat cereal, cheese-flavored crackers, pretzels, and mixed nuts in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce until evenly blended. Pour over the cereal mixture, and gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated with the seasoned butter. Spread the cereal mixture onto baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19 g, Cholesterol 20.7 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 390.7 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
CLASSIC HOMEMADE NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a very large roaster, combine the cereals, nuts, crackers and pretzels. In microwave (or on stove) melt butter and mix in spices and Worcestershire. Pour over dry ingredients and stir gently to mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring gently with a spoon every 25 minutes or so.
- The mix will be done when you can see that all of the butter mixture has been absorbed and is dry.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 21 cups, Calories 284 kcal, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Cholesterol 46 mg, Sodium 738 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 2 g
NUTS N' BOLTS
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine all of the snack mix ingredients in a large disposable aluminum pan.
- Combine all of the butter seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour slowly over snack mix, stirring as you go, to coat evenly. Continue stirring until snack mix is well coated with seasoning. Bake for 1½ hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool, then serve or store in an airtight container.
- Note: You can omit any of the snack mix ingredients as long as you substitute something else. The idea is to keep the ratio of snack mix to butter seasoning the same. Also, be sure your oven is fully preheated before you put the snack mix in. The initial surge of heat to preheat the oven will burn the snack mix in a heartbeat.
- Freezer-Friendly Instructions: This can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Cool completely before freezing.
Nutrition Facts :
NUTS AND BOLTS
Since I was a child, we've made buckets of this mix each Christmas for everyone. These days, though, I fix it for just about any occasion.-TaNauna Bunch, Grand Centre, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine cereals, pretzels and nuts. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Spread in an ungreased 15x10-in. rimmed pan. Bake at 250° 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts :
NUTS AND BOLTS SNACK MIX
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Combine toasted corn cereal, pretzels, and peanuts in a large bowl. Mince garlic and mash into a paste with salt. Stir together garlic paste, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat using a rubber spatula. Spread mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, gently stirring every 20 minutes, until toasted, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Add rosemary. Bake for 20 minutes more. Let cool completely.
NUTS N' BOLTS
- Melt the butter in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the worcestershire sauce, celery salt, garlic powder, garlic salt, seasoning salt, and onion powder. Ensure sauce is mixed throughly. Pour the all of the snack ingredients into a large pan, slowly pour the sauce over top, stirring the snack mixture as you pour. Mix well, bake uncovered at 225 degrees for one hour, ensure that the mixture is stirred every 10 minutes to prevent any of the liquid from settling on the bottom of the pan.
NUTS & BOLTS (AUSSIE)
This recipe is great for party and school snacks, hiking nibbles and TV munchies. Simple, nutritious and made in minutes.
Provided by Yowie
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl and gradually stir in canola oil. HOW EASY IS THAT!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477.3, Fat 31, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 1, Sodium 983.9, Carbohydrate 43.8, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 2.4, Protein 12.3
CLASSIC 'BACK-TO-BASIC' NUTS AND BOLTS
Gramma's recipe is basic, simple and very easy to whip up. She'd have a large fresh bag of her nuts and bolts for every family member at Christmas. Be sure to use real butter! This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, etc. It's hard to determine the requisite serving size, but the ingredient amounts will give you a good idea. It makes a good sized batch.
Provided by DiLo4602
Categories Kid Friendly
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 250 F, and have 2 oven tray/cookie sheets handy. If your cookie sheets are old and tired, you can line them with parchment paper if you wish.
- Put the dry ingredients into a large vessel. A roasting pan works nicely for size. You're only mixing in, not using the roasting pan for baking.
- Mix the melted butter, garlic salt, celery salt and Worcestershire.
- Pour the butter mixture over the dry ingredients. Be sure to mix everything very well - I get in there with my nice, clean hands and toss together thoroughly. At this point you won't see a lot of visible butter sauce coating the dry mix, but the butter mixture will be plentiful and will nicely spread around once baking in the oven.
- Spread the sauce covered nuts and bolts in a single layer on oven trays or cookie sheets and bake for 30 minutes at 250 F while stirring and mixing frequently during baking time. I stir, turn and mix about every 10 minutes during the 30 minute baking time. The dry ingredients will be nicely toasted at the end of baking.
- Remove from the oven, cool and store in airtight containers or Ziploc bags.
- These nuts and bolts are easily frozen if you'd like to make them in advance. Some of my family like to eat them right out of the freezer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.6, Fat 24.4, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 24.4, Sodium 284.5, Carbohydrate 19.8, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 1.9, Protein 9.7
More about "nuts n bolts recipes"
NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE (2 VERSIONS) - CANADIAN BUDGET …
NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE: EASY HOLIDAY SNACK MIX
10 BEST NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE NUTS AND BOLTS FROM 'THE SIDE OF THE CEREAL …
NUTRI-GRAIN® NUTS & BOLTS | RECIPE - KELLOGG'S
10 BEST NUTS AND BOLTS SNACK RECIPES | YUMMLY
NUTS & BOLTS • REAL ORIGINAL CHEX MIX RECIPE
SLOW COOKER NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE - FAST AND SLOW …
NUTS AND BOLTS PARTY MIX RECIPE - VEGAN IN THE FREEZER
CHEX MIX (NUTS AND BOLTS) - JO COOKS
NUTS ‘N BOLTS - COUNTRY SWEET
NUTS N BOLTS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
SLOW COOKER NUTS AND BOLTS. A VERY EASY RECIPE AND SO FLEXIBL
NUTS N BOLTS – EAT WELL
NUTS N BOLTS PARTY MIX RECIPE - SAILS & SPICES
RANCH NUTS 'N' BOLTS - DISH 'N' THE KITCHEN
NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
NUTS N BOLTS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
NUTS AND BOLTS SNACK RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
NUTS AND BOLTS – THE BEST OF BRIDGE
NUTS AND BOLTS CRUNCHY SNACK MIX - STAY AT HOME MUM
NUTS N' BOLTS | RECIPE | SNACKS, RECIPES, SNACK RECIPES
RECIPES - NUTTERS EVERYDAY NATURALS
NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE OVEN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE ORIGINAL - FOOD NEWS
THE ULTIMATE NUTS & BOLTS RECIPE | THE EAST COAST KITCHEN
SLOW COOKER NUTS AND BOLTS - THE BEST OF BRIDGE
THE BEST NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE - OH SO BUSY MUM
NUTS N BOLTS - STEVENSABADOS.COM
25 NUTS N BOLTS RECIPE'S IDEAS | RECIPES, SNACK MIX, COOKING RECIPES
NUTS N BOLTS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CLASSIC NUTS AND BOLTS | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
RANCH NUTS 'N' BOLTS | RECIPE | SNACK MIX RECIPES, CHEX MIX RECIPES ...
NUTS AND BOLTS RECIPE | BETTER TOGETHER BC
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #lunch #snacks #canadian #easy #kid-friendly #grains #dietary #british-columbian #pasta-rice-and-grains #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love