OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS
There's something special about a kitchen when it is filled with the aroma of old fashioned Apple Dumplings a must have during harvest season...
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by connie fortune
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Make APPLE DUMPLING SAUCE as follows: Combine sauce ingredients: sugar,dash of salt,spices and water. Bring to a boil & Simmer 3 minutes,remove from heat add butter. SET ASIDE PEEL & CORE APPLES (LEAVING THEM WHOLE)
- 2. To make pastry: sift flour,bkg. Pwd. & salt together.Cut in shortening until particles are about the size of peas. Sprinkle milk over mixture and press together lightly.WORKING DOUGH only enough to hold together.Roll dough as for pastry and cut into 6 squares, place an apple on each one.
- 3. Fill cavity in apple with a small pat of butter and fill with some cinnamon & sugar. Pat dough molding it .around each apple to cover it completely
- 4. Place Dumplings 1" apart in a greased 9"x13" bkg. pan. POUR over them the sauce Bake 350 degrees for 35-40 min. BASTE OCCAISIONALLY with sauce during BAKING. SERVE with RICH cream or ice cream!
GRANDMA'S APPLE DUMPLINGS
The aroma of these melt-in-your-mouth dumplings reminds me of my grandma's old-fashioned kitchen. All of her cooking and baking was wonderful!
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Set aside. , For dumplings, combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle in milk, mixing lightly with a fork until a soft dough forms. Shape into a ball. , On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to an 18x12-in. rectangle. Cut into six squares. Place an apple in the center of each square; dot with butter. Bring corners of pastry up to top of apple; press edges to seal. , Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce into pan around dumplings. Brush dumplings with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. , Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until light golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with cream if desired.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS
These are the ones my grandmother used to make: warm, flaky, apple-y sweet and drizzled with a sauce that bakes right with them. These are not difficult to make, just a little time-consuming. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by MICKI WOOD
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a large rectangle, about 24 by 16 inches. Cut into 6 square pieces. Place an apple on each pastry square with the cored opening facing upward. Cut butter into 8 pieces. Place 1 piece of butter in the opening of each apple; reserve remaining butter for sauce. Divide brown sugar between apples, poking some inside each cored opening and the rest around the base of each apple. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the apples.
- With slightly wet fingertips, bring one corner of pastry square up to the top of the apple, then bring the opposite corner to the top and press together. Bring up the two remaining corners, and seal. Slightly pinch the dough at the sides to completely seal in the apple. Repeat with the remaining apples. Place in prepared baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine water, white sugar, vanilla extract and reserved butter. Place over medium heat, and bring to a boil in a large saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved. Carefully pour over dumplings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Place each apple dumpling in a dessert bowl, and spoon some sauce over the top.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE
Recipe From epicurious.com
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F. 2. To prepare dumplings, combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter, using your hands, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pour in milk and stir to form a dough. Add more flour if needed to make dough less sticky. Do not overwork. Divide dough in half. Roll out one half on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into two 6-inch squares. 2. Cut off top and bottom of each apple to flatten. Rinse in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. 3. Mix together 4 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place 1 apple in center of each dough square. Fill cores with cranberries and a little sugar mixture. Generously sprinkle half the remaining sugar mixture on apples. Moisten the edges of pastry square with a finger dipped in cool water and bring corners together at the top of the apple. Press edges together to seal and pinch together any tears in the dough around the apple. Repeat with remaining dough and apples. 4. Place all four dumplings in a baking dish, 1 inch apart, and decorate with cut-outs made from leftover dough. 5. Combine syrup ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then remove from heat to cool slightly. Pour around dumplings and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake 45 minutes, until apples are tender and pastry is nicely browned. If pastry is browning too quickly, place foil over the top for the final 10 to 15 minutes of baking. Serves 4. Nutritional Information Per serving: 750 calories, 32g fat, 85mg chol., 8g prot., 122g carbs., 5g fiber, 1090mg sodium.
People also searched
More recipes about "old fashioned apple dumplings"
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
2020-08-26 · Make the syrup by combining the water, sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the butter is melted and the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the hot syrup over the apple dumplings in the baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and the apples …
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and shortening in a large bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut the shortening into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs. This step can also be done in a food processor. Add the milk and stir with a fork just until the dough clumps together. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge.
- Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut into large squares and place an apple in the center of each square. Divide the butter, sugar, and cinnamon evenly between each of the apples.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS | BROWN EYED BAKER
2020-08-06 · These homemade apple dumplings are easier than you’d think – Granny Smith apples are peeled and cored, stuffed with butter and cinnamon-sugar, wrapped in a pastry …
- Make the Pastry Dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly. Gradually add the ice water, tossing the mixture with a fork, until the dough forms a cohesive mass. If the dough needs more water to come together, add it 1 teaspoon at a time. Divide the dough into eight equal portions, wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together the granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Assemble the Apples: Roll each portion of dough on a lightly floured work surface into a 7-inch square. Place an apple in the center of each square. Place 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture in the center of each apple.
- Gently bring up the corners of the pastry to the center of each apple; pinch the edges to seal. Place the pastry-encased apples in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE, WHAT'S COOKING AMERICA
2015-04-24 · Moisten the points of each pastry square, bring opposite points over the apple halves (overlapping points), and seal well. Place each dumpling about 2-inches apart in an 8- by 12-inch baking dish. Pour prepared hot syrup around the dumplings, …
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, cinnamon, and water. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to use.
- Sift together flour and salt. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or two (2) knives. First cutting in 1/2 of the shortening until mixture looks like "meal," then cutting in the remaining shortening until particles are the size of giant peas.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2019-09-06 · Brush dumplings evenly with beaten egg. Arrange dumplings in an ungreased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven until pastry is golden and apples are tender, 35 to 40 …
- Prepare the dough: Pulse flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until fully combined, 6 to 8 times. Add shortening; pulse until mixture resembles small pea-size crumbles, 6 to 8 times. Add oil and ice cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing until a loose dough forms, 6 to 8 times. Transfer to a dry work surface; shape into a 5- x 7-inch flat rectangle. Wrap with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together raisins, sugar, honey and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Unwrap dough and cut into six equal pieces. Roll each dough piece into a 5- to 6-inch square on a lightly floured work surface. Place one apple in the center of each square. Fill apple cores evenly with raisin mixture. Working with one square at a time, pull sides of dough up and over apple to wrap apple completely; pinch dough together at the top, brushing with tap water to seal. Press dough gently against the apple to help adhere and, if needed, to repair any holes in dough.
- Brush dumplings evenly with beaten egg. Arrange dumplings in an ungreased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven until pastry is golden and apples are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
OLD FASHIONED AMISH APPLE DUMPLINGS - TASTES OF LIZZY T
2019-08-30 · In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the brown sugar, water, butter and cinnamon. Heat it just until it barely starts boiling, stirring often. Pour this mixture over the dumplings. …
BOILED APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2010-02-02 · Place an apple on each circle. Fill each apple center with 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon butter, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Moisten edges of dough with water. Fold dough over apple; pinch …
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 cups buttermilk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6- inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place an apple on each circle. Fill each apple center with 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon butter, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Moisten edges of dough with water. Fold dough over apple; pinch edges together to seal. Wrap each dumpling in a 12-inch square of cheesecloth; tie securely.
- Place dumplings in a large Dutch oven with boiling salted water to cover. Simmer 35 to 40 minutes. Remove dumplings; discard cheesecloth. Place each dumpling in an individual serving bowl; top each with 1 tablespoon butter. Serve dumplings hot with dip.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - FARM BELL RECIPES
2012-11-19 · Fold pastry over apple to something like a pouch. Place prepared dumplings in two 9 x 13 greased pans, eight per pan. Pour syrup over dumplings, dividing between the two pans. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 45-50 minutes or until done.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE ...
2020-08-17 · Place the dumplings (not touching each other) in a large ungreased baking dish. Heat the brown sugar and water to boiling and carefully pour around the dumplings. Spoon syrup over dumplings 2 or 3...
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS | RECIPE | BAKED APPLE ...
Mar 31, 2019 - These old-fashioned apple dumplings feature apples filled with sugar and cinnamon, wrapped in flaky pastry, and then baked in a rich syrup.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - MEANINGFUL HOMESCHOOLING
2018-11-14 · Place dumplings in greased 9×13 baking pan. Pour syrup over dumplings. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, or until apples are tender and dumplings are lightly browned. Tips for Making Old-Fashioned Apple Dumplings
EASY PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH APPLE DUMPLINGS | RECIPE | EASY ...
102 · 70 minutes · This recipe creates a shortcut for traditional Pennsylvania Dutch Apple Dumplings by using refrigerated pie crusts! It's a real time saver! But, if you prefer to make your own crust, simply follow the remaining recipe ingredients for this traditional Lancaster County dessert!
OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - TASTY EASY RECIPES
2020-09-24 · OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - Tasty Recipes - OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - Tasty Recipes - INGREDIENTS : 1 recipe pastry for double-crust pie6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored½ cup butter¾ cup brown sugar1 teaspoon ground cinnamon½
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS | RECIPE | APPLE DUMPLINGS ...
This Old-Fashioned Apple Dumplings recipe is super simple and easy to make, and the apples are to die for. kwilliams33036. Desserts. Fruit Recipes. Apple Recipes. Fall Recipes. Dessert Recipes. Cooking Recipes. Sauce Recipes. Cooking Blogs. Dinner Recipes. Cooking Corn. Food Recipes Good on Twitter. Apple Dumplings with Cinnamon Caramel Sauce Recipe - Above & BeyondAbove & …
OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
2016-05-11 · Home > Recipes > Old Time > Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings. Printer-friendly version. OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS : Pastry for 2 (10 inch) pie shells 6 med. firm cooking apples 1 tbsp. lemon juice 1/2 c. granulated sugar 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1 c. brown sugar 1 tbsp. (1/4 stick) butter. SAUCE: 2 c. water 3/4 c. granulated sugar 2 tbsp. (1/4 stick) butter 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/8 tsp ...
See details ››
OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS – GET TASTY RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS. INGREDIENTS : 1 recipe pastry for double-crust pie 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored ½ cup butter ¾ cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg 3 cups of water 2 cups white sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. INSTRUCTIONS : Step 1: Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F. Step 2: Brush with melted …
See details ››
RECIPE: OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - YOUTUBE
Sign up for the channel http://goo.gl/ZWPM3c to help the channel grow.Leave your little lady, Please evaluate and Favoritem! Big hug! All the best ever!Belov...
See details ››
OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
Pat dough around apple to cover it completely. Fasten edges securely on top of apple. Ingredients: 10 (apples .. flour .. milk .. salt .. sugar ...) 7. OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. ... and core the apples, but leave them whole. ... minute. After the dumplings have baked for 30 minutes, ... hot with the cream.
See details ››
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS | E GRENSKY | COPY ME THAT
1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz./45 g) chopped toasted almonds. 1/3 cup (2 1/2 oz./75 g) firmly packed light brown sugar. Pinch of salt. 6 sweet-tart baking apples. 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp. water. 2 cups (14 oz./440 g) firmly packed light brown sugar. Pinch of salt. Crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
See details ››
THE BEST APPLE DUMPLINGS
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS. These are the ones my grandmother used to make: warm, flaky, apple-y sweet and drizzled with a sauce that bakes right with them. These are not difficult to make, just a little time-consuming. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Recipe From allrecipes.com. Provided by MICKI WOOD. Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Apple Dessert Recipes. …
See details ››
10 APPLE DUMPLING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
2021-07-23 · apple dumpling with sauce and ice cream in bowl. Credit: Chef John. View Recipe. this link opens in a new tab. Honeycrisp apples are cored and stuffed with sugar, cinnamon, and butter before they get wrapped in a soft dough, coated in a three-ingredient …
See details ››
OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE
Old fashioned apple dumplings recipe. Learn how to cook great Old fashioned apple dumplings . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Old fashioned apple dumplings recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Old fashioned apple dumplings recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 92% Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings ...
See details ››
OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - RECIPES-HOMEMADE
Arrange it facing upward. Step 5: Slice the butter into 8 pieces. Put a piece of butter on every apple. Set aside the rest of the butter. Step 6: Poke some small holes on the apples and sprinkle brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Step 7: Get the two corners and fold in the middle and seal each dumpling. Pinch the sides and completely seal.
See details ››
OLD FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS | THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
2021-07-23 · Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings. Apple dumplings have a reputation as being a bit old-fashioned, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still be super delicious. Filled with warming, autumnal spices and topped with a homemade caramel sauce imbued with the flavor of the apples, this is the perfect dessert after a light dinner and a real crowd-pleaser.
See details ››
APPLE DUMPLINGS - 100 YEAR OLD RECIPE - THE HILLBILLY ...
2019-09-07 · Apple Dumplings. 100 Year Old Recipe. In this video I'll be making my Granny's Hot Apple Dumplings. Apple dumplings are a traditional dessert which are sure ...
See details ››