OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FROSTING
Simple, yet delicious Old Fashioned Chocolate Frosting. Cocoa gives this buttercream a lovely fudgy flavor. It's the perfect filling for an old fashioned layer cake.
Provided by Eileen Gray
Categories Fillings & Frostings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the milk, vanilla and salt in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave in 10 seconds increments until the milk is almost boiling. Pour the warm milk over the cocoa and whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the butter on medium speed until it is softened and beginning to aerate. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the sugar to the butter and mix until completely combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the cooled cocoa mix, switch to the whisk.
- Whip until light and aerated.
- Use right away. Can be stored in the refrigerator until ready to use. Re-whip before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537 calories, Carbohydrate 78 grams carbohydrates, Fat 31 grams fat, Protein 1 grams protein, ServingSize 12
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FROSTING
Use this to frost our Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes
Yield Makes about 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sift sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a medium bowl; set aside.
- Put butter and cream cheese into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high until fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add sugar mixture. Mix in chocolate and sour cream. Use immediately.
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING
This is a very good recipe for chocolate fudge icing. Makes enough for 2-layer cake, one 13-by-9-inch cake or 24 cupcakes.
Provided by pink cook
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a heavy medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, and salt, and stir or whisk to mix everything well.
- Add the butter and place over medium heat, stirring to melt the butter and mix everything together into a smooth, brown sauce.
- Add the milk, stir well, and bring the frosting to a boil, stirring often and adjust the heat to maintain an active but gentle boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- When the frosting begins to thicken, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla and set it aside to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Beat the frosting just until it thickens and looks shiny, and then spread it over the cake or the layers you want to ice.
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CAKE
This is a wonderful chocolate cake that was made in the olden days. It is absolutely delicious, yet simple.
Provided by Dodi Tomancak
Categories Desserts Cakes Chocolate Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. In a saucepan, melt 1 cup of butter. Stir in 1 cup water and 4 tablespoons cocoa powder. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the baking soda in 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the cooled cocoa mixture.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the cocoa buttermilk mixture. Stir until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Ice the cake with Buttermilk Pecan Icing while it's still warm.
- For the icing: In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter with 4 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in 1/3 cup buttermilk, and heat until almost boiling. Stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla, salt and pecans. Remove from heat. Mix well and pour over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437.4 calories, Carbohydrate 62.3 g, Cholesterol 61.8 mg, Fat 20.8 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 273.3 mg, Sugar 49.3 g
HERSHEY'S OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CAKE AND FROSTING
Make and share this Hershey's Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake and Frosting recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mom10
Yield 1 cake, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cake: Heat oven to 350*. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9-inch pan.
- In large mixer bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on high speed 3 minutes.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add alternately with water to butter mixture.
- Blend just until combined. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Coll completely; frost.
- Frosting: In small microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave on high an additional 30 seconds or until melted and smooth when stirred. (Chips may also be melted in pan over warm water).
- Gradually add powdered sugar and evaporated milk, beating until smooth. About 2 1/2 cups frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 829.5, Fat 34.3, SaturatedFat 20, Cholesterol 131.2, Sodium 676.2, Carbohydrate 128.3, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 94.2, Protein 10.3
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH COCOA FROSTING
A joint effort by Leigh McLean and Sweet Dreams Bakery in Memphis. An Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake recipe
Categories Cake Chocolate Dessert Bake Kid-Friendly Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher Small Plates
Yield Serves 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour three 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides. Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Mix water, oil and vanilla in large bowl. Whisk in dry ingredients. Divide batter among pans. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips over batter in each pan.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on racks 15 minutes. Cut around pan sides to loosen cakes. Turn cakes out; cool completely.
- Make frosting:
- Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in 3 cups sugar. Beat in 6 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Add cocoa and remaining 2 cups sugar; beat until blended, thinning with more milk if necessary.
- Place 1 cake layer, chocolate-chips side up, on platter. Spread 2/3 cup frosting over. Top with second cake layer, chocolate-chips side up. Spread 2/3 cup frosting over. Top with remaining cake layer, chocolate-chips side down. Spread frosting over sides and top of cake. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with cake dome; let stand at room temperature.)
OLD-FASHIONED ERMINE FROSTING
Ermine frosting brings back memories of being in the kitchen with my grandmother. This old-timey frosting was her go-to for cakes when she didn't have cornstarch or cream cheese. -Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and salt until dissolved; transfer to a small bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface. Refrigerate until cold., In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Gradually beat in cooled milk mixture. Beat in vanilla. Switch to whisk attachment; continue beating on medium speed until frosting is stiff and fluffy. Frost cake immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 calories, Fat 4g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 50mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
More about "old fashioned chocolate frosting recipes"
GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE
5/5 (1)Category Dessert, FrostingCuisine AmericanCalories 2059 per serving
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FROSTING - OUR BEST BITES
Reviews 124Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
HOMEMADE, OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FROSTING
3.8/5 (78)Category SpreadCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
OLD FASHIONED BOILED MILK CHOCOLATE FROSTING
FAMILY RECIPE: BOILED CHOCOLATE ICING - KITCHN
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH FROSTING - BAKE OR BREAK
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE
MOTHER'S OLD FASHIONED COOKED CHOCOLATE FROSTING - RECIPE
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN CHOCOLATE FROSTING | MRFOOD.COM
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING - CREATE THE MOST …
OLD FASHIONED BOILED CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION …
CHOCOLATE HERITAGE FROSTING RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE ICING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE FROSTING - THE SOUTHERN LADY …
CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE ICING RECIPES - YUMMLY
CREAMY OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE PIE RECIPE | BEYOND FROSTING
GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE ICING - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
HERSHEY'S OLD FASHIONED CAKE | RECIPES
"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING | RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CAKE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH OLD-FASHIONED COOKED VANILLA …
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE ICING AND FILLING – A RETRO RECIPE TEST
OLD-FASHIONED FROSTING - PAULA DEEN
GRANNY’S OLD-FASHIONED MULTI-LAYER CAKE WITH BOILED CHOCOLATE …
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MY FAVORITE BUTTERCREAM ICING …
CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - RACHEL COOKS®
HOW TO MAKE OLD-FASHIONED 7-MINUTE FROSTING, PLUS A DOZEN …
CHOCOLATE FROSTING THAT HARDENS - FOOD NEWS
1 MINUTE CHOCOLATE FROSTING (BOILED FROSTING) RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE - AMERICAN HERITAGE COOKING
GRANDMA PEARL'S FLAKY CHOCOLATE ICING - SOUTHERN PLATE
PERFECT CHOCOLATE FROSTING - KING ARTHUR BAKING
THE EASY CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE YOU NEED TO KNOW
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE DESSERTS TO MAKE TONIGHT — EAT THIS …
OLD FASHIONED FUDGE CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHOCOLATE ICING THAT HARDENS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
THE BEST OLD-FASHIONED COCOA FUDGE FROSTING | FOODAL.COM
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE WITH COCOA FROSTING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love