This is a delightfully simple, elegant dish. Serve as a side or with pita and hummus for a meal. It's so refreshing-guests will love it. -Nicole Deelah, Nashville, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (1 quart).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Puree 3 cups watermelon in a blender. Cut remaining watermelon into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside., In a large bowl, combine the watermelon puree, lime juice, lime zest, ginger and salt. Stir in the tomato, cucumber, green pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and cubed watermelon. Chill until serving. If desired, serve with wedge of watermelon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 599mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Tomato and watermelon are an unexpected match, their respective acidity and sweetness mingling to great effect. This soup, adapted from Anya von Bremzen's book "The New Spanish Table," integrates the melon into a bare-bones gazpacho, one of the sovereigns of the high summer table. There are so few ingredients here that the ones you use will really stand out, so try to get the freshest, juiciest tomatoes and sweetest watermelon you can. The chopped celery brings the flavor combination together, so don't leave it out.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories weekday, soups and stews, appetizer
Yield 4 to 6 regular servings, or 8 to 12 aperitifs
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Working in batches, purée all of the ingredients except the garnish in a blender for two minutes or longer until frothy and smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, making sure you have used enough salt and lemon juice for a vivid flavor. Transfer to a bowl, and chill for several hours. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve, garnishing each bowl with thinly sliced celery or, if serving in glasses, with a thin lengthwise slice of celery stick.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 88, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 462 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
- Process 1/2 cup of watermelon, along with the orange juice and oil, in a blender or food processor until pureed. Transfer to a medium bowl, along with remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be made several hours before serving.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 3.1 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes, chile, and 1/2 of the watermelon. Pour in the red wine vinegar and olive oil and pulse. Add the onion, cucumber and dill and season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Pour into chilled bowls and sprinkle with dill, feta, and remaining watermelon. Serve.
- Combine 5 cups watermelon and the cranberry juice in the jar of a blender, and puree until mixture is smooth. Pass through a fine sieve into a large bowl or plastic storage container, discarding pulp. You should have 3 cups strained liquid.
- Add cucumber, celery, bell pepper, onion, herbs, lime juice, vinegar, jalapeno, and remaining cup chopped melon to watermelon liquid, and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator until soup is well chilled, at least 1 hour. Serve, or store in refrigerator up to 1 day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71 g, Fat 1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 35 g
WATERMELON AND CUCUMBER GAZPACHO
This fresh, colorful soup makes a great summer starter. It's definitely different and very refreshing.
Provided by Nana Lee
Yield 4 bowls, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Puree 4 cups watermelon in blender until smooth.
- Transfer puree to large bowl.
- Add remaining 1 cup diced watermelon and next 10 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover gazpacho and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Divide gazpacho among bowls and top with dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Bon Appétit.
- August 2005.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.5, Fat 11.9, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 40.8, Sodium 190.6, Carbohydrate 37, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 24.9, Protein 4.5
- Seed 1 cup watermelon chunks and cut into small dice. Purée remaining watermelon in a blender (in batches if necessary). Pour purée through a sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids, and discard seeds.
- Return juice to blender and blend together with ice, almonds, and garlic (in batches if necessary) until smooth. Add bread, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste and blend, adding oil in a slow stream, until smooth.
- Top with diced watermelon.
JULIA'S WATERMELON GAZPACHO
- Reserve 20 small pieces of watermelon for garnish. Working in batches, place the remaining watermelon, the cucumbers, red bell peppers, onion, jalapeno pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, the ginger, honey, and pineapple juice into a blender, and blend for about 30 seconds per batch. The mixture should be well blended but retain some texture. Pour into a large pitcher or bowl, and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve in bowls, and garnish each bowl with a couple of chunks of the retained watermelon and 2 small mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 4.2 mg, Sugar 14.6 g
More about "watermelon gazpacho recipes"
TOMATO AND WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE | FOOD …
5/5 (2)Author Food Network KitchenServings 6Difficulty Easy
- Place the tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, shallot, basil and mint in a large bowl. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste. Stir in the olive oil and vinegar.
- Puree the tomato mixture in a blender, in batches if necessary. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing to extract any liquid; discard the solids and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
WATERMELON GAZPACHO - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine American, SpanishTotal Time 15 minsCategory SoupsCalories 90 per serving
- Set aside 3-4 cubes of watermelon, a couple of celery pieces, and a few leaves of basil to use as a garnish for the soup.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a blender (if you run out of room, blend the vegetables for a few seconds to make more space for the other ingredients). Pulse until it reaches a soup-like consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours before serving. Finely chop the reserved watermelon, celery and basil. Pour the gazpacho into bowls or glasses and top with garnishes.
- Note: If you touch the seeds of the chile pepper, just be sure to wash your hands well and avoid touching your eyes.
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
4.9/5 (27)Category SoupServings 6Total Time 20 mins
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE: A 10 MINUTE SUMMER RECIPE
5/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory SoupCalories 164 per serving
- Washing and chop the tomatoes, pepper, and onion. Make sure you are using the best quality fruits and vegetables possible-- gazpacho is a raw dish.
WATERMELON GAZPACHO - GIMME SOME OVEN
5/5 (15)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 4-6Total Time 15 mins
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Puree for 1 minute, or until the soup reaches your desired consistency. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper and/or cumin if needed.
SUMMER WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE [VIDEO] - CURRYTRAIL
Ratings 11Calories 172 per servingCategory Soups
- Seed and dice cucumbers. You can peel the skin as well. I prefer to keep the skin on English cucumbers.
WATERMELON GAZPACHO - WATERMELON BOARD
Category AppetizersCalories 170 per serving
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE [EASY SUMMER SOUP] - VISIT ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory Soup RecipesCalories 33 per serving
- In the meantime grab every vegetable and fruit listed, remove the seeds, peel them and clean them. Make sure to remove the core from the tomatoes. Don't worry if the watermelon has any seeds left.
- In a blender or food processor combine all of the ingredients, including the soaked bread. Taste and check if it needs more seasoning.
- Transfer the watermelon gazpacho into a clean bowl and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours before eating it. You can put it for less time (1 or 2 hours) in the freezer but don't forget about it!
WATERMELON GAZPACHO | MY HEART BEETS
Reviews 3Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE - GABRIEL FRASCA, AMANDA LYDON ...
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Soup Recipes, Cold Soup
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tomatoes and blanch until the skins are loosened, about 30 seconds. Transfer the tomatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
- Peel the tomatoes and halve them crosswise. Working over a coarse sieve set over a large bowl, squeeze the tomato halves to release the seeds and juices. Press on the seeds; you should have about 2 cups of tomato juices in the bowl. Coarsely chop enough of the tomatoes to make 4 cups. Cut the remaining tomatoes into 1/2-inch dice.
- In a food processor, puree the coarsely chopped tomatoes with the reserved tomato juice and the 2 cups each of chopped watermelon and cucumber. Transfer the soup to a large bowl. Stir in the diced tomato, watermelon and cucumber, the vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the scallions, jalapeños, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle the chives on top. Pass the scallion relish at the table.
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE ...
Servings 4Total Time 15 minsCategory Side-DishCalories 190 per serving
EASY WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE | SALT AND VANILLA
Ratings 1Category AppetizerCuisine American, MediterraneanTotal Time 20 mins
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (7)Total Time 20 minsCategory Healthy Vegan Vegetable SoupCalories 114 per serving
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
4.5/5 (2)Category Food, Dish, SoupServings 5Total Time 45 mins
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.7/5 (13)Category SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE - CHATELAINE
Servings 4Total Time 10 minsCategory RecipesCalories 80 per serving
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE | VITAMIX
5/5 (10)Sodium 990 mgCalories 170Total Carbohydrate 27 g
WATERMELON GAZPACHO | DR. KELLYANN
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE (EASY AND REFRESHING) | KITCHN
WATERMELON GAZPACHO RECIPE BON APPETIT : DOWNLOAD RECIPE ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #soups-stews #fruit #refrigerator #low-fat #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #melons #equipment #presentation #served-cold #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is watermelon gazpacho?Summery watermelon gazpacho, a cold soup with watermelon, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, cucumbers. Elise founded Simply Recipes in 2003 and led the site until 2019. She has an MA in Food Research from Stanford University. Have you ever tried watermelon gazpacho?
How do you make gazpacho?Here, we balance out watermelon's sweetness with a little salt and apple cider vinegar, which are then combined with watermelon, cucumber, red onion, and jalapeño in a blender and pureed until smooth. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the gazpacho to get really cold. You want to make sure the flavors and ingredients meld together.
What to do with leftover watermelon gazpacho?This super refreshing watermelon gazpacho hits the spot on hot summer days. This recipe makes a big batch, so store the leftovers in the fridge for easy lunches all week long. Set aside the reserved half of the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper and green onions and place the remaining half in a blender.
What are some good recipes to make with watermelon and tomatoes?In a blender, puree the tomatoes, chile, and 1/2 of the watermelon. Pour in the red wine vinegar and olive oil and pulse. Add the onion, cucumber and dill and season with salt and pepper.