CLASSIC OLD FASHIONED
Everyone needs this classic cocktail recipe in their back pocket. Smoky bourbon is sweetened with maraschino cherries and orange juice. The drink gets a little punch from a few dashes of bitters.
Provided by James Briscione
Yield 2 drinks
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Muddle the orange slice, 2 cherries, bitters and sugar if using in a large liquid measuring cup until syrupy. Add in the bourbon and a few ice cubes and stir vigorously for 20 seconds to chill the drink and dilute the bourbon. Fill 2 rocks glasses with one large cube. Strain the drink into the glasses. Squeeze an orange peel above each glass to release the oils, then add to the glass along with 1 or 2 cherries.
CLASSIC OLD FASHIONED
One of the great classic bourbon cocktails, the Old Fashioned was invented in Louisville, KY. Try bourbon, rye, or a blended whiskey in this cocktail. You can also sub one sugar cube for the simple syrup.
Provided by c-biskit
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pour the simple syrup, water, and bitters into a whiskey glass. Stir to combine, then place the ice cubes in the glass. Pour bourbon over the ice and garnish with the orange slice and maraschino cherry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145 calories, Carbohydrate 9.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 0 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 7.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
The invention of the drink is frequently (and probably inaccurately) credited to a bartender at the Pendennis Club, in Louisville, Kentucky, who around the turn of the 20th century reportedly made the drink for Colonel James E. Pepper, a member of the club and by some accounts a prominent bourbon distiller.
Provided by Robert Hess
Yield Makes 1 cocktail
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In old-fashioned glass, combine simple syrup and bitters. Fill glass halfway with ice, then stir about a dozen times. Add enough ice to fill glass. Squeeze orange peel over glass to extract oils, add peel to glass, and add whiskey. Stir just until drink is cold and alcoholic bite has softened, about a dozen times. Garnish with cherry, swizzle stick, and straw.
A traditional whisky cocktail with bitters, soda water and a simple orange garnish. Serve in a tumbler with plenty of ice
Provided by Good Food team
Yield Makes 1
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put the sugar, bitters and water in a small tumbler. Mix until the sugar dissolves if using granulated. Fill your glass with ice and stir in the whisky. Add a splash of soda water if you like and mix. Garnish with the orange and cherry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191 calories, Carbohydrate 7.2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7.2 grams sugar, Fiber 0.2 grams fiber, Protein 0.2 grams protein
The old-fashioned is one of the oldest mixed drinks in the cocktail canon. (Original name: whiskey cocktail, which became old-fashioned whiskey cocktail, and then just old-fashioned.) It is a stirred drink, usually built in the glass in which it is served. Both rye and bourbon are suitable base spirits. For the sweetener, purists muddle up a sugar cube with water and a couple dashes of bitters, but simple syrup works as well. Twists can be orange, lemon or both (known as "rabbit ears"). A fruited version of the drink came into vogue after Prohibition and involves the muddling of a cherry and orange slice along with the sugar. That version remains widespread, but we advocate the more elemental rendition that took hold in the late 1800s, one that allows the flavors of the whiskey to shine.
Provided by Robert Simonson
Yield 1 drink
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Muddle the sugar cube and bitters with one bar spoon of water at the bottom of a chilled rocks glass. (If using simple syrup, combine bitters and one bar spoon of syrup.) Add rye or bourbon. Stir.
- Add one large ice cube, or three or four smaller cubes. Stir until chilled and properly diluted, about 30 seconds. Slip orange twist on the side of the cube.
More about "old fashioned recipes"
14 OLD-FASHIONED DINNER RECIPES WORTH MAKING AGAIN
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
100 BEST OLD FASHIONED RECIPES - PRUDENT PENNY PINCHER
Reviews 8Estimated Reading Time 1 min
25 OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES YOUR GRANDMA KNEW BY HEART
30 GOOD OLD RECIPES FROM GRANDMA'S KITCHEN
50 OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES YOU SHOULD MAKE NOW - MSN
42 OLD-FASHIONED DINNER RECIPES, DESSERT RECIPES, AND MORE
CLASSIC OLD FASHIONED – A COUPLE COOKS
50 OLD-FASHIONED DISHES FROM THE 1950'S THAT YOU'LL LOVE MAKING …
OLD FASHIONED RECIPES - BAKING TECHNIQUES - DIYS.COM
35 VINTAGE RECIPES FOR AN OLD-FASHIONED LADIES LUNCHEON
25+ OLD FASHIONED RECIPES FROM THE 40S, 50S, AND 60S
GOOD OLD RECIPES – GRANDMA-APPROVED OLD FASHIONED RECIPES
45 OLD-SCHOOL RECIPES THAT DESERVE A COMEBACK - TASTE …
21 OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES YOUR GRANDMA KNEW BY HEART
OLD FASHIONED RECIPES - SMART SCHOOL HOUSE
10 BEST OLD FASHIONED DINNER RECIPES | YUMMLY
50 CLASSIC RECIPES WE NEED TO BRING BACK - EAT THIS NOT …
OLD SOUTHERN RECIPES: 22 OLD FASHIONED MEALS - RECIPELION.COM
OLD FASHIONED RECIPE - THE COCKTAIL SOCIETY
THE CLASSIC WHISKEY OLD-FASHIONED COCKTAIL RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED HOMEMADE CHICKEN SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
OLD FASHIONED RECIPES
25 REAL AUTHENTIC DEEP SOUTH OLD SOUTHERN RECIPES
THESE 20 OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES STILL TASTE AMAZING
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES THAT WILL REMIND YOU OF YOUR CHILDHOOD
300 OLD FASHIONED RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, FOOD
25 OLD-FASHIONED AMISH RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
OLD FASHIONED RECIPES – LEGENDS OF AMERICA
62 VINTAGE RECIPES YOU MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT - SOUTHERN …
OLD-FASHIONED WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON
VINTAGE RECIPES NO ONE MAKES ANYMORE – BUT SHOULD
BOURBON OLD FASHIONED COCKTAIL RECIPE - LIQUOR.COM
BEST OLD FASHIONED RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
THE BEST OLD FASHIONED RECIPE - THE WHISKY BOSS
WHISKEY OLD FASHIONED RECIPE - 2022 - MASTERCLASS
SERIOUSLY GOOD OLD FASHIONED - INSPIRED TASTE
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE DESSERTS TO MAKE TONIGHT — EAT THIS …
18 OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES THAT ARE STILL ROCKING TODAY
220 OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 - PINTEREST
31 OLD FASHIONED CAKE RECIPES INSPIRED BY GRANDMA’S KITCHEN
OLD FASHIONED GOULASH - MOMSDISH
OLD FASHIONED VINTAGE RECIPES - FLOUR ON MY FACE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-1-or-2 #beverages #easy #cocktails #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love