SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the bottom with 1/4 inch olive oil. Add the garlic and crushed chiles to the oil and cook until the garlic starts to sizzle and is very aromatic, then add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turns pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice, then add the anise liqueur and carefully ignite. Cook until the flame subsides. Season with salt and serve with crusty bread to sop up the delicious olive oil!
SHRIMP BATHED IN OLIVE OIL AND LEMON
A simple but lavish bath of olive oil and lemon juice is the Italian way of showing off superfresh seafood. The key, according to Marcella Hazan, is that the dish should never see the inside of a refrigerator, which changes the texture of the seafood and the flavor of the olive oil. She calls for shrimp in this recipe, but the formula also works with squid, clams and meaty fish fillets.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Yield 8 to 10 servings as an appetizer, 4 to 6 servings as an entree
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, preferably not too deep, so you can watch the shrimp as they cook. Pour the olive oil and lemon juice into a baking or serving dish, preferably a white one to show off the colors of the finished dish.
- Working in a few batches to prevent overcooking, boil the shrimp over high until just firm and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes, removing them to a colander with a slotted spoon. When all the shrimp are cooked, transfer them to the olive oil-lemon bath and gently mix to coat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. The shrimp should be just covered with liquid; pour in more oil as needed. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with bread, spooning some liquid over each serving.
SHRIMP WITH OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC
For garlic lovers! This recipe comes from a cookbook from a Restaurant Management course I took in university. I've been making it on a regular basis ever since. I usually serve this over a bed of rice, or on those lazy nights I skip the rice and soak up the sauce with slices of bread
Provided by EastCoastKate
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the shrimp and salt.
- Toss to coat the shrimp with the oil and cook until the shrimp are just pink, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Arrange the shrimp on warm serving plates; top with the oil, garlic and lemon juice left in the pan.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 884.5, Fat 61.9, SaturatedFat 8.4, Cholesterol 630, Sodium 3996.9, Carbohydrate 11.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.6, Protein 69.2
SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL
- Special equipment: 2 (4-inch) flameproof ramekins such as terra cotta cazuelas
- *This makes a really small amount of shrimp. This recipe can be done in batches or a larger amount can be done in a saute pan.
- Add the garlic and chile to the ramekins and cover with oil to about 1/4-inch deep. Bring the ramekins to a high heat. (This can be done on the grill.) Season the shrimp with salt.
- When the garlic starts to sizzle and is very aromatic, add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle in a couple drops of water before serving to get the oil to really sizzle. Serve with bread to sop up the delicious olive oil!
- Sooooooo yummy!
OLIVE OIL BAKED SHRIMP
- Heat oven to 375. Combine everything in an oven-safe saute pan. Bake 10 minutes.
SHRIMP WITH OLIVE OIL, GARLIC AND LIME
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine first 5 ingredients in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish; whisk to blend. Mix in shrimp; let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bake shrimp until just opaque in center, about 15 minutes. Spoon shrimp and juices into bowls. Serve with lime wedges.
BAKED ITALIAN SHRIMP
An easy and tasty recipe from Coastal Living. Italian dressing can be subbed for the olive oil for a little bit different taste.
Provided by Lvs2Cook
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact, and devein, if desired. Place in a large bowl. Sprinkle shrimp with garlic, seasoned salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil; toss gently.
- Dredge each shrimp in breadcrumb mixture. Arrange shrimp in an even layer in 2 greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pans.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring twice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.8, Fat 11, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 178.3, Sodium 331.1, Carbohydrate 8.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.6, Protein 26.8
More about "olive oil baked shrimp recipes"
EASY BAKED SHRIMP (FAMILY FAVORITE!) – A COUPLE COOKS
Cuisine SeafoodTotal Time 15 minsCategory Main DishCalories 156 per serving
- Mince the garlic. Pat the shrimp dry. In a medium bowl, toss with the shrimp with the olive oil, garlic, oregano, onion powder, and kosher salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the shrimp on a baking sheet in an even layer. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until juicy and opaque, about 4 to 6 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp.
OVEN BAKED SHRIMP - JO COOKS
4.7/5 (23)Total Time 13 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 175 per serving
- Prep Shrimp: Add the shrimp to a large bowl and pat it dry with paper towels. Drizzle the olive oil over the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Toss well, making sure the shrimp is fully coated, add more oil if needed.
- Bake: Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet or casserole dish in a single layer. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the shrimp turns white, pink and opaque.
OLIVE OIL BAKED SHRIMP - SHERRY BABY RECIPES
Servings 4Category Main Course, Seafood
SHRIMP WITH GARLIC IN OLIVE OIL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN SHEET PAN BAKED SHRIMP AND VEGGIES
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED SHRIMP - DAMN DELICIOUS
OVEN BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE - THE SCHMIDTY WIFE
10 BEST OVEN BAKED SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY ITALIAN BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
SIMPLE ITALIAN OLIVE OIL SHRIMP SALAD - ABRA'S KITCHEN
BUTTERY BAKED SHRIMP - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
BAKED SHRIMP AND MOROCCAN EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
25 RECIPES FOR BAKING WITH OLIVE OIL | ALLRECIPES
BAKED FETA SHRIMP AND TOMATOES - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
OLD BAY ROASTED SHRIMP RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE, HONEY SHRIMP, HONEY CAJUN SHRIMP
EASY HONEY LIME BAKED SHRIMP - KRAZY KITCHEN MOM
BAKED SHRIMP OLIVE OIL - COOKEATSHARE
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
OLIVE GARDEN BAKED PARMESAN SHRIMP - COPYKAT RECIPES
EASY OLD BAY BAKED SHRIMP - 12 TOMATOES
BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE (WITH GARLIC BUTTER) | KITCHN
EASY OVEN-BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE - MY FORKING LIFE
BAKED PARMESAN SHRIMP - OLIVE OIL DIVINE LLC
BAKED SHRIMP WITH CHILIES AND OLIVE OIL
BAREFOOT CONTESSA BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI - THERESCIPES.INFO
GARLICKY SHRIMP WITH OLIVE OIL RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
OVEN BAKED SHRIMP - COOKING WITH CURLS
EASY BAKED GARLIC SHRIMP - RECIPE BOY
EASY BAKED SHRIMP - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
EASY ROASTED LEMON-GARLIC SHRIMP - SKINNYTASTE
OLIVE-OIL BAKED SHRIMP ~ PEOPLE MAGAZINE HMMM MINUS OLIVE …
MAHI MAHI MARINADE (PERFECT FOR GRILLED, BAKED, OR PAN SEARED …
BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - EATWELL101
OVEN BAKED SHRIMP IN 15 MINUTES! - VALENTINA'S CORNER
CRISPY BAKED GARLIC SHRIMP - FOODIECRUSH.COM
OVEN BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE - EIGHTY RECIPES
Olive Garden Baked Parmesan Shrimp15K views-04:09
Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Recipe | Easy, Baked Shrimp Scampi14K views-04:51
Garlic Shrimp Recipe - With Butter, Olive Oil, White Wine, Lemon, Parsley & Red Pepper Flakes107K views-07:34
Simple and Delicious Baked Shrimp Recipe in 10 Minutes351 views-04:32
Simplest garlic shrimp in olive oil recipe133 views-02:15
Barbeque Shrimp - Lynn's Recipes11K views-04:43
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to cook shrimp in oven with olive oil?Instructions Preheat oven to 350º F. Optionally line sheet pan with tin foil for easy clean up. Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel, add olive oil and toss to coat. Arrange shrimp in a single layer onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper**. Transfer to the oven and bake 7-10 minutes until shrimp is pink and no longer translucent.
How to cook shrimp in the oven with lemon?Place the shrimp on a lightly greased baking sheet and toss with the 1 tablespoon olive oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle evenly with the seasoning and arrange the shrimp in a single layer. Place the lemon halves (if using) on the baking sheet. Bake the shrimp for 8-10 minutes or until just pink and opaque throughout.
How do you prepare pre cooked shrimp?Prep Shrimp: Add the shrimp to a large bowl and pat it dry with paper towels. Drizzle the olive oil over the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Toss well, making sure the shrimp is fully coated, add more oil if needed. Bake: Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet or casserole dish in a single layer.
How to cook shrimp in a pan with garlic?AMT. PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE Saute the garlic in the olive oil until translucent. Add the shrimp and salt. Toss to coat the shrimp with the oil and cook until the shrimp are just pink, approximately 5 minutes.