CHICKEN & NEW POTATO TRAYBAKE
Pop chicken thighs and potatoes in one pot and roast with olives, lemon, garlic and bay leaves for a lazy weekend lunch or dinner
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour the olive oil into a large roasting tin and add the potatoes, olives, lemon quarters, bay leaves and garlic. Toss everything together so it's coated in oil and evenly distributed. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side up, and season.
- Put the roasting tin in the oven and roast for 1 hr, basting with the pan juices halfway through cooking. After 1 hr, check that the potatoes are soft and the chicken is cooked through, then return to the oven for a final 15 mins to crisp the chicken skin.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven. Press down on the roasted garlic cloves with the back of a spoon, discard the skins, and mix the mashed garlic with the meat juices. Serve with watercress or your favourite salad leaves on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 23 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES, OLIVES, AND LEMON
Chicken thighs, one of the moister cuts, cook with the potatoes in stock on the stove and then finish in the oven in this casy dinner recipe. The cooking liquid, along with garlic, olives, and lemon, turns into a pan sauce.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken with salt. Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil. Cook chicken, skin side down, until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken, and push to side of skillet. Add 1 cup stock and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add potatoes to liquid. Bring to a boil. Add garlic, olives, lemon wedges, and thyme to liquid. Return to a boil.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Roast, stirring potatoes halfway through, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Return skillet to stove. Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup stock, and stir into pan. Bring to a boil to thicken sauce. Serve immediately.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND OLIVES
Chicken legs, potatoes, and briny Kalamata olives star in this easy one-pan dish. "This entire meal comes together on a single rimmed baking sheet. It's comforting and ridiculously simple." -Claire Saffitz, assistant food editor
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Pulse bay leaf, fennel seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes in spice mill until finely ground.
- Toss potatoes, olives, 2 tablespoons oil, and half of spice mixture in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and rub with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and rub with remaining spice mixture.
- Arrange potato mixture around chicken. Roast until potatoes are fork-tender, chicken is cooked through, and skin is crisp, 35-45 minutes. Serve chicken and potato mixture topped with parsley, lemon zest, and more red pepper flakes, if desired; spoon pan juices around.
CHICKEN, POTATOES AND OLIVES
A simple one-pot oven dish. Very tasty and easy, the potatoes cooking in the stock which is enriched by the chicken, olives and lemon. I can't remember where I saw this first and can't find the recipe. So I've been experimenting and this is the closest I can get to the original. Please feel free to amend with your improvements!
Provided by BrianG
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- finely chop the onions.
- peel and halve the potatoes.
- de-stone the olives.
- bring chicken stock to the boil.
- put potatoes, onions, olives and herbs in a deep-sided casserole dish and cover with the hot stock.
- add the juice of the lemons.
- add seasoning.
- place chicken pieces on the top (doesn't matter if they sink, but the skins will brown nicely if they rest on the potatoes).
- place in the middle of a 200c for 50 minutes or until the potatoes begin to break up.
- serve in bowls with green beans or other green veg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 735.1, Fat 9.1, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 14.4, Sodium 921.5, Carbohydrate 147.1, Fiber 20.6, Sugar 14.9, Protein 27
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND POTATOES
- For the chicken: In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, mustard, paprika and pepper; mix well. Add the chicken to the bowl, and toss gently to coat. Remove the chicken, shake off any excess flour, and set aside.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. When hot, add the chicken and cook until golden brown on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip, and continue cooking on reverse side, another 2 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and let sit.
- For the sauce and vegetables: To the Dutch oven (still over medium-high heat), add the remaining tablespoon oil if needed. Then add the onion, garlic and salt; cook until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Evenly sprinkle the cumin, turmeric and cayenne over the onion mixture, and saute for an additional 1 minute. Pour in the wine, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan, and cook until the wine has reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and then add the thyme, potatoes, lemon slices and lemon juice; stir gently. Cover and cook until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and add the seared chicken thighs and the olives. Gently push the chicken into the sauce, so it is partially covered; cook for another 10 to 12 minutes. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste, stir in the parsley and serve.
More about "one pot chicken with olives and potatoes recipes"
CHICKEN AND POTATOES (ONE POT) | ONE POT RECIPES
Cuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 367 per serving
- Mix everything together and cook for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove potatoes from pan and keep aside.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND OLIVES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.7/5 (277)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 450°. Pulse bay leaf, fennel seeds, and ½ tsp. red pepper flakes in spice mill until finely ground.
- Toss potatoes, olives, 2 Tbsp. oil, and half of spice mixture in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and rub with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper and rub with remaining spice mixture.
- Arrange potato mixture around chicken. Roast until potatoes are fork-tender, chicken is cooked through, and skin is crisp, 35–45 minutes. Serve chicken and potato mixture topped with parsley, lemon zest, and more red pepper flakes, if desired; spoon pan juices around.
LEMON CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND POTATOES | HEALTHY DELICIOUS
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCalories 553 per serving
- Cut the lemons into a 1/4-inch dice (keep the peel on). In a small bowl, combine the lemons, 1 tablespoon salt, and sugar; mix well. Let sit at least 3 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Combine the ginger, turmeric, paprika, salt, and coriander. Rub onto the chicken skin. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven (or an ovenproof deep-sided skillet) set over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook 8 minutes or until skin is golden and crisp. Flip the chicken over.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, olives, carrot, and chicken stock. Stir into the salted lemons and any juice that accumulated in the bowl. Cover and transfer to the oven. Roast for 1 hour.
ONE POT LEMON GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN AND POTATOES MEAL ...
Cuisine Greek InspiredTotal Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 186 per serving
LEMON-OREGANO ROASTED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND OLIVES RECIPE
3/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsServings 4-6
- Preheat the oven to 400°, with the rack positioned in the center. Loosely tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wing tips under. Put the chicken in a large bowl and rub it inside and out with the garlic halves. Place the garlic and 3 oregano sprigs in the cavity.
- Stir together the olive oil, shallot, 1 tablespoon chopped oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Loosen the skin near the cavity with your hands; spread some of the oil under the skin. Pour the remaining oil mixture over the skin to coat. Transfer the chicken to a Dutch oven. Squeeze juice from 1 lemon half over the chicken; and place in the cavity. Season the bird evenly with 1 teaspoon of salt and another 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Quarter the onions and potatoes; arrange around the bird. Add the black olives to the surrounding vegetables. Tuck two lemon slices between each of the wings and breasts and scatter the remaining slices from 1 lemon over the vegetables. Sprinkle the vegetables with 1/2 tablespoon of oregano and pour the wine and stock into bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables for 30 minutes, then lower the temperature to 325° and continue cooking for 45 minutes, basting 2 or 3 times with the pan juices until an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken thigh registers 165°.
INSTANT POT MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH LEMON, OLIVES & POTATOES
4.8/5 (4)Calories 411 per servingCategory Main
- Prepare all ingredients first. Cut the chicken thighs in halves and trim off any excess fat. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot and press the Sauté function key. Once the inside of the pot gets hot, add the olive oil, onions and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring a few times until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and spices and stir through to release the aromas. Add the orange juice and chicken stock and stir through, scraping off the bottom. Now, add the chicken pieces, olives, apricots and carrots and stir in the spiced broth.
- Insert lemon slices around the chicken and add the potato wedges on the top. Sprinkle them with a little extra salt.
CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND OLIVES - HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
Servings 6Total Time 8 hrs 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 minCalories 340 per serving
- Add chicken; stir to coat. Cover and cook on high 5 hours or on low 8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender and potatoes can be easily pierced.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (13)Total Time 50 minsCategory DinnerCalories 510 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet or pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Drain off excess fat leaving about 1 teaspoon in the pan. Add the onion, cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for one minute more.
- Add the orzo, oregano, roasted peppers, olives and chickpeas to the pan. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the chicken on top of the orzo mixture; add chicken broth.
- Bring everything to a boil, cover the pot with a lid and place into the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
ONE-PAN MEDITERRANEAN BRAISED CHICKEN WITH OLIVES - THE ...
5/5 (6)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 4Total Time 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Once oil is rippling, add the chicken thighs, skin side down and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown and seared.
MEDITERRANEAN LEMON CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND POTATOES ...
5/5 (11)Total Time 50 minsCategory DinnerCalories 583 per serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an oven-proof skillet. Sear chicken skin-side down until browned in medium heat, 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and garlic and spread them around the chicken. Pour in the chicken broth. Bring it to a boil.
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND POTATOES RECIPE | TIA ...
5/5 (1)Category Main-DishServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH WINE AND POTATOES RECIPE FROM JESSICA ...
Servings 4Total Time 55 mins
CHICKEN ONE-POT RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ONE POT CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE - ENTERTAINING WITH BETH
Reviews 38Calories 486 per servingCategory Main Dishes
- Preheat oven to 325F (162C). Measure out all your ingredients so you are ready to go. This recipe happens fast and it will help if everything is pre-measured.
- Heat olive oil in a large braiser. Sear chicken, skin side down until golden brown, flip, and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and set aside. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Sauté potatoes in chicken fat until caramelized and golden brown. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and set aside.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND OLIVES
4/5 (27)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 491 per serving
ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO BAKE / DOWNLOAD RECIPE INGREDIENTS
10 BEST ONE POT CHICKEN POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND POTATOES RECIPE
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH BABY POTATOES AND OLIVES - INA PAARMAN
ONE POT CHICKEN AND POTATOES INSTANT POT : DOWNLOAD RECIPE ...
MEDITERRANEAN LEMON CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND POTATOES RECIPE
GREEK CHICKEN PAN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND POTATOES – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love