FRENCH ONION BEEF MEATBALLS
These flavorful meatballs are tasty and versatile. You can use them in spaghetti, meatball subs, or even simmer them in barbeque or sour cream sauce. These are incredibly easy. Add to prepared sauce or serve as-is.
Provided by KIWICOTTONBALL
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, and soup mix in a large bowl. Knead the mixture with your hands until well blended; it will be quite dry. Add eggs and Italian dressing and mix. Allow mixture to sit in the refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Pinch off just enough of the meatball mixture to fit comfortably inside your palm, then roll to form a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a skillet lightly with olive oil and heat to medium-high. Add meatballs. Cook on one side for about 4 minutes, then turn and continue to cook until browned and no longer pink in the centers, about 4 minutes more. You may need to cook these in batches depending on how large your skillet is.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428.7 calories, Carbohydrate 27.7 g, Cholesterol 165.8 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 26.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 1327.4 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
SWEDISH MEATBALL SOUP
To me, this is a very comforting, filling, homey soup. I especially like cooking it during winter months and serving it with hot rolls, bread or muffins. -Deborah Taylor, Inkom, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, beat egg; add 1/3 cup cream, bread crumbs, onion and 1 teaspoon salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. , In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in butter in batches. Remove from the pan; set aside. Drain fat. , Add flour, bouillon, pepper, garlic salt and remaining salt to pan; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes and meatballs. , Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in peas and remaining cream; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 117mg cholesterol, Sodium 785mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
ONION SOUP SWEDISH MEATBALLS
- Whisk eggs, add ground meat, half&half,onion soup mix, breadcrumbs,salt&pepper.
- Will be sticky, so wet hands & shape into meatballs.
- Fry or bake in olive oil until lightly browned.
- If baking bake at 425* for 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk soup and milk together in oven proof casserole dish.
- Add meatballs.
- Bake at 325* for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cook noodles, drain.
- Add butter and parsley.
- Serve meatballs over buttered noodles.
- I use cream of chicken soup for the sauce because my husband does not like mushrooms.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 659, Fat 42.8, SaturatedFat 17.3, Cholesterol 222.2, Sodium 1540.1, Carbohydrate 29.3, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 3.1, Protein 37.5
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH MEATBALLS
I got the idea for how to make this soup after I went to a brewhouse restaurant that put ale in their gravy. I make this every time the weather starts to cool down in the fall-it's comfort food for the soul. -Crystal Holsinger, Surprise, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 9 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until onions are tender, 8-10 hours., Ladle soup into 6 broiler-safe 16-oz. ramekins. Top each with 3 slices of bread and 2 slices of cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403 calories, Fat 26g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 1760mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
SWEDISH MEATBALLS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- Mix beef, eggs, saltines, and onion soup mix together. Form into medium-sized meatballs.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add meatballs; cover and cook, turning frequently, until evenly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup into a bowl. Fill empty can 3/4 full with milk and mix into the soup. Pour sauce over meatballs and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.7 g, Cholesterol 133.2 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 1014.1 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
More about "onion soup swedish meatballs recipes"
THE PERFECT FAMILY RECIPE FOR AUTHENTIC SWEDISH …
5-INGREDIENT CROCKPOT SWEDISH MEATBALLS - MIGHTY MRS …
SWEDISH MEATBALLS CROCKPOT RECIPE - A MOM'S TAKE
SLOW-COOKER SWEDISH MEATBALL SOUP RECIPE
CLASSIC SWEDISH MEATBALLS - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
10 BEST SWEDISH MEATBALLS CREAM OF CELERY SOUP …
SWEDISH MEATBALLS - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
4.7/5 (7)Total Time 30 minsServings 5Calories 411 per serving
BEST SLOW COOKER SWEDISH MEATBALLS - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
MEATBALLS WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES
CROCKPOT SWEDISH MEATBALLS - MY HEAVENLY RECIPES
EASY SWEDISH MEATBALLS (CROCKPOT) - CREATE KIDS CLUB
SWEDISH MEATBALLS ONION SOUP MIX - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEDISH MEATBALL ALFREDO RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SLOW COOKER SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
SWEDISH MEATBALLS ARE A CLASSIC COMFORT FOOD MADE WITH A FLAVORFUL …
CAMPBELL'S SOUP SWEDISH MEATBALL RECIPE - SOUPNATION.NET
SWEDISH MEATBALLS MADE WITH CAMPBELL’S® CREAM OF …
SWEDISH MEATBALLS - ONION RINGS & THINGS
SWEDISH MEATBALL SOUP RECIPE - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
SWEDISH MEATBALLS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP - CRAVING TASTY
SWEDISH MEATBALLS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
COOKING VEGETARIAN SWEDISH MEATBALLS (MADE SIMPLE)
LIPTON SOUP SWEDISH MEATBALLS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
AMAZING SWEDISH MEATBALLS IN CREAMY GRAVY - NOT ENTIRELY AVERAGE
10 BEST CROCKPOT MEATBALLS WITH ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES - YUMMLY
MEATBALLS WITH ONION SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
LIPTON ONION SOUP SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPES ALL YOU …
BEST CROCK POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - PARADE
BEST EASY SWEDISH MEATBALLS (CROCKPOT & INSTANT POT)
30 ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CROCK POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
SIMPLE SWEDISH MEATBALLS | PUNCHFORK
SWEDISH MEATBALLS (NO HEAVY CREAM) - SKINNYTASTE
CROCK POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, COOKER …
SWEDISH MEATBALL SOUP - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Swedish meatballs with cream of mushroom soup?Swedish Meatballs with Cream of Mushroom Soup. 1 2 pounds ground beef. 2 2 eggs. 3 1 ½ (4 ounce) packets saltine crackers, crushed. 4 1 envelope dry onion soup mix. 5 2 tablespoons butter. 6 1 (22 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup. 7 2 cups milk Add all ingredients to shopping list.
How do you cook meatballs in soup with sour cream?Add the broth to the skillet and heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the soup and sour cream. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
What is the best recipe for a meatball sandwich?Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, and soup mix in a large bowl. Knead the mixture with your hands until well blended; it will be quite dry. Add eggs and Italian dressing and mix. Allow mixture to sit in the refrigerator 10 minutes. Pinch off just enough of the meatball mixture to fit comfortably inside your palm, then roll to form a ball.
How to cook meatballs in a Dutch oven?Directions In a large bowl, beat egg; add 1/3 cup cream, bread crumbs, onion and 1 teaspoon salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in butter in batches. Remove from the pan; set aside. Add flour, bouillon, pepper, garlic salt and remaining salt to pan; stir until smooth.