OPEN-FACED TUNA SANDWICHES WITH ARUGULA AND SWEET-PICKLE MAYONNAISE
- For the mayonnaise: In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sweet pickles until smooth. For the sandwiches: Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the herbs de Provence. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Place a slice of cheese on each piece of fish during the last minute of grilling. Using a pastry brush, brush the bottom half of the bread with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Cut into 4 pieces, each about 4-inches long and 3-inches wide. Grill, cut side down, for 30 seconds to 1 minute until toasted and golden.
- Spread the grilled bread with the sweet pickle mayonnaise. Place a tuna steak on top. Top with the arugula and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
OPEN-FACED TUNA BURGERS
One of my gang's favorite sandwiches is this burger. The kids prefer the zesty salad dressing to a mayonnaise base. Bits of pimiento add color. And serving the tuna on a toasted bun means no soggy bread.-Heidi Wilcox, Lapeer, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, soak bread cubes in evaporated milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the salad dressing mix, tuna and pimientos. Spoon about 1/4 cup onto each bun half. , Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts :
OPEN-FACE TUNA BURGERS
- Place tuna in large bowl; break up finely with fork. Mix in green onions, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, egg and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Arrange bread on 4 plates. Spread each slice with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; then top each with lettuce and tomato.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna patties and cook until firm to touch and heated through, about 4 minutes per side. Place tuna on tomato slices and serve.
OPEN-FACE TUNA MELT
- Evenly divide tuna between bread; season with salt and pepper. Top with a few slices of dill pickle and a slice or two of provolone.
- Stir together mayonnaise, Dijon, and Parmesan. Spread evenly over sandwiches. Broil until cheese melts and mayo puffs slightly and browns in places, 1 to 2 minutes.
OPEN-FACED TUNA MELT SANDWICH
To take a tuna melt from good to great, it has to have all the right components. In other words, plain mayo alone won't cut it. Here's how we do it: open-faced with crusty toasted bread, melty cheese, capers, cornichons, Dijon mustard, and plenty of seasoning. On a chilly fall day, nothing tastes better.
Provided by Thrive Market
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Set the oven to broil and move the rack to the highest position.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, red onion, capers, cornichons, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper and stir thoroughly until combined. Leave the tuna in slightly large chunks, if possible.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet and spread mayonnaise on each slice. Divide tuna salad evenly among slices, then top each with 2 slices of tomato and 1 slice of cheese.
- Broil tuna melts until cheese is golden brown and bubbling, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.9 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 723.9 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
OPEN-FACED TUNA MELTS
Casting about for a way to get your family to eat more fish? These simple open-faced sandwiches are rich in healthy omega-3 oils and flavor! "I've enjoyed this recipe for 20 years and usually serve it for Sunday lunch." Alice Strapp-Meister - New Ross, NS
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle with cheese. , Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 833mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
TUNA BURGERS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: tuna, olive oil, panko bread crumbs, dried parsley, fresh chives, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, large egg, whole wheat burger bun
Provided by Mercedes Sandoval
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the tuna, olive oil, panko, parsley, chives, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and egg in a large bowl until evenly mixed.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and form patties with your hands.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the patties in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve on whole wheat buns with your preferred toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 29 grams, Sugar 1 gram
Life can't be about all beef. "Where's The Beef?" questions are fewer nowadays due to an influx of health concerns, as well as those that are watching their weight. The Longmeadow Farm is following suit and will openly and warmly embrace these new "burgers" to grace our "Saturday Lunch at the Farm" crowd. I wanted to produce a light(ish) tuna burger that made Dennis, Jerry, Uncle Dick, and my Dad feel as light as a Spring beetle floating around on a wind current after lunch. This recipe did it. Everyone was full, but not so full they wanted to clamber off to the backyard hammock, and pull their hat over their face. This gave them enough energy to have their giddy-up for all the many maelstroms that would undoubtedly follow them around for the afternoon. Go ahead, try them "Maryland" style with the use of our beloved "Old Bay Seasoning" and get ready to work hard this afternoon. Can be easily doubled for a big crowd.
Provided by Andi Longmeadow Farm
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Open and drain canned tuna.
- Mix together rest of ingredients except tuna, cheese and rolls.
- When mixing ingredients, I add one ingredient at a time, and gently but throughly mix all ingredients.
- Add tuna and gently fold together, and make firm patties.
- Heat skillet, that is sprayed with cooking spray or use 1 teaspoon of oil on bottom of pan.
- When heated on medium high heat, add each patty browning on each side for 5 minutes each.
- Add a piece of cheese on top to melt slightly.
- Open hamburger buns, and place in oven @350 degrees until toasted, (about 3/4 minutes).
- Put on buns and serve with fresh lettuce, tomato, and mustard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97.2, Fat 2.9, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 20.1, Sodium 283.8, Carbohydrate 5.8, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1.7, Protein 11.4
TASTY TUNA BURGERS
- Combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onion, celery, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, chili sauce, dill, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties (mixture will be very soft and delicate). Refrigerate for 30 minutes to make the patties easier to handle, if desired.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray; fry tuna patties for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. These are fragile, so be careful when turning them.
- Serve on buns with tomato slices and lettuce leaves, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.1 calories, Carbohydrate 36.6 g, Cholesterol 61.3 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 16.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 779 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
OPEN FACE TUNA MELT SANDWICH
These have become a quick dinner staple. They are sooo good, and comes together in minutes. You can change the type of cheese, but I've found that something with a stronger flavor that melts well, is best. The type of bread I use is called Saloio and is similar to Ciabbata (Saloio is a portuguese bread readily available at our supermarket bakery).
Provided by C. Taylor
Yield 8 slices
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix the tuna, mayo, onion, lemon juice, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place enough tuna on a toasted slice of bread and spread to cover slice.
- Top with slice of tomato (or 2 if the tomato slice is small) and then top with a slice of cheese. Place sandwich slices on a cookie sheet.
- Placing rack not too close to the broiler (about the second one down), broil sandwiches until the cheese is golden brown.
OPEN-FACED TUNA SANDWICH
- Combine tuna, capers, red onion, basil, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Spoon mixture onto 2 slices crusty bread, and top each with 3 basil leaves.
If you have access to local albacore, it's wonderful in these tuna burgers.
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Categories Quick & Easy Low Cal Low Sodium Backyard BBQ Dinner Lunch Summer Grill/Barbecue Healthy Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut fish into 1" cubes. Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and transfer to freezer. Chill protein until very cold (it should feel firm but still give when pressed with your finger), about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, place all grinding parts (the stand mixer's grinding attachment, including the dies, or the bowl and blade of the food processor) in the freezer until very cold, at least 15 minutes. Assemble grinder attachment with chilled coarse die. Set a bowl in a large bowl of ice; arrange beneath the attachment to catch ground tuna and keep it cold.
- Combine tuna, scallions, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl. Grind mixture in batches, with mixer on medium speed, and plunge gently to press through grinder. Add mayonnaise, grapeseed or canola oil, and toasted sesame oil to ground tuna mixture. Mix gently just to combine.
- Form into four 1/2"-thick patties. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill or pan-fry burgers over medium heat until just cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.
More about "open face tuna burgers recipes"
10 BEST FRESH TUNA BURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
OPEN-FACED TUNA BURGERS | RECIPE | TUNA BURGERS, FOOD MAGAZINE, …
OPEN FACE TUNA SANDWICH - BIGOVEN
OPEN-FACED TUNA BURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
OPEN FACED TUNA MELT WITH BACON – ERICA'S RECIPES
OPEN-FACED TUNA BURGERS WITH LEMON-GARLIC CREAM SAUCE …
OPEN FACED HAMBURGERS - RECIPES - PAGE 3 | COOKS.COM
OPEN-FACED TUNA MELT | OPEN FACED SANDWICH RECIPES, MELT …
OPEN-FACE TUNA BURGERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
OPEN FACED TUNA SANDWICH WITH AVOCADO - SKINNYTASTE
10 BEST OPEN FACED BURGER RECIPES | YUMMLY
OPEN-FACED TUNA BURGERS WITH LEMON-GARLIC CREAM SAUCE …
TUNA BURGERS | RICARDO
MINI TUNA BURGERS | RICARDO
OPEN FACED TUNA MELT MUFFIIN RECIPE
OPEN-FACED TUNA MELT SANDWICH RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
OPEN FACED SANDWICHES TUNA RECIPE
OPEN-FACED TUNA BURGERS RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
OPEN-FACED SEARED TUNA BURGER WITH WASABI MAYONNAISE
OPEN FACED TUNA MELT RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
OPEN FACED TUNA MELT - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
OPEN FACED TUNA MELTS | NO MAYO - FOOD MEANDERINGS
OPEN FACE HAMBURGERS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
OPEN FACE BURGER RECIPE - THE ENDLESS APPETITE
OPEN-FACED TUNA BURGERS | RECIPE | TUNA BURGERS, ZESTY SALAD …
CREAMY OPEN-FACED TUNA MELT SANDWICH - THE DINNER-MOM
OPEN-FACED TUNA MELTS - THE ENDLESS APPETITE
OPEN FACE TUNA MELT FOR ONE - PASS THE SUSHI
RECIPE OPEN-FACED TUNA BURGERS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
OPEN-FACED TEXAS BURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
25+ BEST SANDWICH RECIPES - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
OPEN FACE TUNA MELT | BREW AND FEED
You'll also love