ORANGE AND CINNAMON BISCOTTI
- Preheat oven to 325° and butter 2 baking sheets.
- Beat sugar and butter. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well.
- Add orange peel and vanilla; beat.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Divide dough into 2 parts.
- Form into logs and flatten to 1 1/2-inch thick with lightly-floured hands on baking sheets.
- Bake until firm, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut into 1/2-inch slices. Return to the oven and bake on both sides until golden (about another 8 minutes per side). Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.7, Fat 3.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 19.2, Sodium 47, Carbohydrate 12.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 6.3, Protein 1.2
ORANGE AND CINNAMON BISCOTTI
- Preheat oven to 325° and butter 2 baking sheets. Beat sugar and butter until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat in orange peel and vanilla. Stir flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture; mixing just until incorporated. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, form each half into 3-inch wide by 3/4 inch high log. Bake until dough logs are firm to touch, about 35 minutes. Remove dough logs from oven and cool 10 minutes. Transfer logs to work surface. Using serrated knife, cut diagonal into 1/2- inch thick slices. Arrange cut side down on baking sheets. Bake until bottoms are golden, about 12 minutes. Turn biscotti over, bake until bottoms are golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool.
PAXIMATHAKIA PORTOKALIOU - GREEK - ORANGE SESAME BISCOTTI
This recipe has been posted for play in ZWT9 - Greece. This recipe is from website: greekfood.about.com Greece is known for its olive oil and for fabulous sweets and the tradition of sweets made with olive oil is centuries old. These fabulous twice-baked cookies do not need to be dunked in coffee, tea, or milk but they are perfect for it.
Provided by Baby Kato
Yield 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Tips:. You do not have to use the most expensive olive oil, just use a good one.
- To toast sesame seeds, place in a single layer on a non-stick cookie sheet or baking pan and roast for about 10 minutes at 400°F To grind the toasted sesame seeds, use a small mixer/chopper, a coffee bean grinder, or a mortar and pestle.
- Make sure to cool the biscotti completely before storing. The biscotti may be stored in airtight plastic containers (not refrigerated) for several months or frozen for longer because they contain no butter or eggs.
- Biscotti Dough:.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the orange juice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, cinnamon, orange and lemon juice with baking soda, grated peel, water, and sesame seeds. Beat at medium high for 5 minutes until thoroughly combined and the oil and juices are not separating. (If mixing by hand, use a whisk and beat until thoroughly blended.).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 cups of the flour with the sugar and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquid slowly, using dough hooks or a wooden spoon.
- Knead with hands in the bowl until the dough holds together then turn out on a floured surface. Knead well for 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed, until the dough is smooth and soft. (The dough will be softer and oilier than other cookie doughs.).
- Divide the dough into 2 or 3 parts to make 2 or 3 small loaves. .
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- For each loaf:.
- Knead the dough until dense (holding together tightly), forming it into a loaf shape.
- Pinch the seam together, and form it into a loaf that is approximately 14 inches long and 1/2 to 3/4 inch high. Place the seam side down.
- Using a floured knife (not serrated), slice the loaf almost all the way through into 1/2 to 3/4" slices.
- Place the loaves on a lightly oiled (or non-stick) cookie sheet or baking pan and bake for 15 minutes at 390°F (200°C) 3 - 4 inches above the bottom of the oven.
- When ready the bottom should be golden and the top should be just starting to brown.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and cut all the way through the slices. Allow to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 200°-210°F (around 100°C).
- When thoroughly cooled, place all the slices upright in a very lightly oiled or non-stick baking sheet or roasting pan and bake at 200°-210°F (100°C) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until dry.
DARK CHOCOLATE-DOUBLE ORANGE CINNAMON BISCOTTI
Crisp and crunchy with a zingy burst of citrus from grated orange zest, this dark chocolate biscotti is the ideal dunking companion for coffee or tea.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Chop half the chocolate. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until blended. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, orange extract and zest; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Stir in nuts and chopped chocolate.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into 12x2-inch log on lightly floured surface. Place, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 15 min. Place on cutting board. Use serrated knife to diagonally cut each log into 12 slices. Place, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Bake 10 min. or until slightly dry. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt reserved chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
CINNAMON SUGAR BISCOTTI
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the 2/3 cup sugar and butter. Beat in 1 egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 9 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. Place logs on the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden and firm to the touch. Cool for 15 minutes.
- On a cutting board, slice each log crosswise at a diagonal into 1/2 inch slices, using a serrated knife. Place back on the baking sheet, cut side down, and sprinkle with a mixture of the remaining cinnamon and sugar. Return to the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until toasted. Cool on wire racks, and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.3 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 38 mg, Fat 4.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 85.7 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
More about "orange and cinnamon biscotti recipes"
ORANGE AND CINNAMON BISCOTTI “PAXIMATHIA” - CALIFORNIA GREEK GIRL
Reviews 2Servings 24Cuisine California GreekCategory Dessert
- Beat the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in orange zest and vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mix just until incorporated. (I place the wax-paper wrapped dough in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, just until cool before forming into logs.) This makes them easier to form.
ORANGE AND CINNAMON BISCOTTI - FRESENIUS KIDNEY CARE
Calories 149 per serving
CINNAMON PECAN BISCOTTI RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CINNAMON AND ORANGE BISCOTTI | RECIPE CART
GINGER ORANGE ALMOND BISCOTTI - CHEF LINDSEY FARR
ORANGE LIQUEUR RECIPE: ORANGE CRANBERRY BISCOTTI BY SARA LEE – …
ORANGE PECAN BISCOTTI - LEMOINE FAMILY KITCHEN
DARK CHOCOLATE ORANGE BISCOTTI RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ORANGE CRANBERRY BISCOTTI - PRINTER FRIENDLY - ALLRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SOURDOUGH BISCOTTI WITH ORANGE AND …
ORANGE AND CINNAMON BISCOTTI "PAXIMATHIA" - CALIFORNIA GREEK GIRL …
BEST COOKING BROWNIE RECIPES: ORANGE CINNAMON BISCOTTI
ORANGE AND CINNAMON BISCOTTI - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
CINNAMON-CITRUS BISCOTTI RECIPE & SPICES - THE SPICE HOUSE
ORANGE CINNAMON BISCOTTI - PLAIN.RECIPES
ORANGE AND CINNAMON BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE
BEST ORANGE ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
ORANGE CRANBERRY BISCOTTI - EASY AND CUSTOMIZABLE BISCOTTI RECIPE
ORANGE PECAN BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD APPAREL
CINNAMON BISCOTTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ORANGE CRANBERRY BISCOTTI RECIPE - SUGAR SPICES LIFE
DARK CHOCOLATE ORANGE BISCOTTI - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CINNAMON HONEY OATMEAL BISCOTTI - MY RECIPE REVIEWS
RECIPE FOR GREEK COOKIES WITH ORANGE AND CINNAMON
ORANGE-PECAN BISCOTTI | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
ORANGE PECAN BISCOTTI - ROSE REISMAN
JRL INTERIORS — PISTACHIO ORANGE CARDAMOM BISCOTTI RECIPE
ORANGE-PECAN BISCOTTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #desserts #oven #cookies-and-brownies #gifts #biscotti #comfort-food #taste-mood #equipment #small-appliance #mixer #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in Orange Cranberry biscotti?These Orange Cranberry Biscotti are spiced with cinnamon and cloves, and studded with dried cranberries and orange zest. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
How do you make the perfect biscotti?I sweeten the biscotti with brown sugar and add just enough baking powder for a little lift. Today’s goodies are cinnamon + orange zest + fresh OJ + walnuts, so add those too. Divide the biscotti dough in half, then shape into 2 long slabs. Brush with an egg wash. Why an egg wash? To make the tops super shiny and delightfully crisp.
How to bake biscotti cookies in oven?Set slices cut sides upright, ¼ inch apart, on the baking sheets. Return to the oven to continue baking for 8 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake other side for 8 minutes. The cookies will be slightly soft in the centers with harder edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
How do you toast sesame seeds in biscotti?To toast sesame seeds, place in a single layer on a non-stick cookie sheet or baking pan and roast for about 10 minutes at 400°F To grind the toasted sesame seeds, use a small mixer/chopper, a coffee bean grinder, or a mortar and pestle. Make sure to cool the biscotti completely before storing.