Prize-Winning Recipe 2006! Ginger lovers, you'll get a satisfying flavor punch in twice-baked classic Italian cookies.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, using wire whisk, beat melted butter, grated orange peel, orange juice and eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients until soft dough forms. Divide dough in half. On 1 side of ungreased cookie sheet, shape half of dough into 12x2-inch log. Repeat with remaining dough on same cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes. Place logs on cutting board. Cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices cut sides down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 65 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 1/2 g
Yield Makes about 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then Grand Marnier and orange peel. Add flour mixture and beat until blended. Stir in pecans and chocolate. Gather dough together; divide in half. Wrap in plastic and freeze 20 minutes to firm.
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Using floured hands, form each dough piece into 14-inch-long, 2 1/2-inch-wide log. Transfer logs to prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until light golden, about 30 minutes. Transfer parchment with logs to rack. Cool 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Place 1 log on cutting board. Using serrated knife, cut log on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Stand slices upright on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining log.
- Bake biscotti until dry to touch and pale golden, about 30 minutes. Cool completely on rack. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store in airtight container.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, zest, and salt. Stir in almonds and ginger.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla; stir into flour mixture. (Dough will appear very dry but will come together when kneaded.)
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth. Divide dough in half; shape into two logs, each about 1 inch high and 3 inches wide. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake until logs are puffed and outside is firm (the tops may crack), about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Using a serrated knife, thinly slice the logs crosswise, 1/4 inch thick. Lay slices on two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until crisp and lightly golden, rotating pans and turning biscotti over halfway through, 20 minutes total. Cool completely before serving or storing.
GINGER PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
This recipe is dedicated to ChrisseyO who sent me a bag of totally awesom, addictive "Wildbite" Ginger-Pistachio Biscotti I have now made this recipe 3 times and it gets better each time, This time I substituted roasted pumkin seeds for the pistachios - excellent result and what a cost saving plus not having to crack all those pistachios. The pumkin seeds made the recipe a bit drier.but still great texture & flavor.
Provided by Bergy
Yield 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350F, butter and flour a cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, Baking Powder and salt, stir well, set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, add one egg at a time and beat after each addition Stir in the orange zest, pistachios and ginger.
- Stir in the flour a bit at a time, make sure it is evenly mixed in.
- Your dough should easily hang together but be pliable.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each piece into a log approx 1/2" high 2" across and about 14" long (Do not have the log too thick or too wide or the biscotti will not dry enough) Bake for 25-30 minutes- They will be almost golden on top and cooked through Turn oven down to 300F.
- Cool logs for apprx 12 minutes.
- Cut them across into 1/2" slices, place them on the cookie sheet with a bit of space between slices Return to oven for a further 15 minutes, turn off oven and let the biscotti sit in the cooling oven.
- The biscotti should be dry in the center of the slice Cool completely and place in an air tight container- They keep well in the tin but you may freeze them if you wish.
More about "orange ginger biscotti recipes"
GINGER ORANGE ALMOND BISCOTTI - CHEF LINDSEY FARR
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and cardamom; mix to blend.
- Add the butter to the bowl and mix until the mixture is very fine and powdery with no visible signs of butter.
JENNIFER GARNER MAKES ORANGE-ALMOND BISCOTTI ON …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
10 BEST ITALIAN ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARDAMOM BISCOTTI WITH ORANGE ZEST • THE HEALTHY TOAST
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine ItalianTotal Time 55 mins
- In a stand mixer, beat softened butter, sugar, and orange zest on medium-high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
CRANBERRY ORANGE GINGER BISCOTTI // THE SPECKLED PALATE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a large glass bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth using a hand mixer (or a stand mixer.)
- Break the eggs, and add them to the butter/sugar mixture with the vanilla extract and orange zest. Beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, ground ginger and salt, then mix at a low speed until the dough is smooth. It will be slightly sticky, but not overly so.
TRIPLE GINGER & CRANBERRY BISCOTTI - BAKING SENSE®
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a small bowl combine the 4 eggs, olive oil, fresh ginger and brandy, set aside. In a mixing bowl combine flour, corn meal, 1 1/2 cups of the sugar, baking powder, 1 tablespoon of the ground ginger and salt. Mix the dry ingredients for 30 seconds to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until almost combined. Toss together the cranberries and the crystallized ginger. Add the cranberry mixture to the dough and mix until almost combined. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead together.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 1/2 sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Split the dough into 2 equal portions. Roll each piece of dough to a log 13" long x 2" wide. Set the logs onto the sheet pan, leaving at least 3" between them. Combine the last 1/4 cup of granulated sugar with the remaining teaspoon of ground ginger. Brush each log with egg wash and sprinkle with the ginger sugar.
GINGER ORANGE BISCOTTI BISCOTTI | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Servings 2Total Time 1 hrCategory Cookies-Biscotti
TURMERIC COOKIES - THE MONDAY BOX
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or food processor), combine the flour, confectioners’ sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest, ginger, and turmeric (optional).
- In a small bowl, stir together the orange juice and vanilla. Pour into the mixer bowl and mix just until the dough forms.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and roll into an 8” log. Place the log into the center of the paper. Fold the parchment over the dough and push a ruler edge or dough scraper against the bottom edge of the log where it meets the parchment to remove air pockets and compress the dough into a log about 10” long.
ORANGE ROSEMARY BISCOTTI RECIPE | …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs, vanilla, orange liqueur and orange zest and beat until light and smooth. Stir in the pine nuts and rosemary.
GINGER-ORANGE BISCOTTI RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar (or Splenda), cornmeal, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, egg whites, orange zest and orange juice in a large bowl until blended. Stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Divide the dough in half. With dampened hands, form each piece into a 14-by-1 1/2-inch log. Place the logs side by side on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake until firm, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on the pan on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees .
BISCOTTI WITH GINGER, CRANBERRIES, ORANGE, AND CASHEWS ...
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. This is a fairly dry dough, so I started with a spoon, but ended up pouring it onto my cutting board and combining the ingredients with my (clean) hands.
LEMON-GINGER BISCOTTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in crystallized ginger. Combine rind, juice, and whole eggs; add to flour mixture, stirring until well blended (dough will be crumbly). Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 7 or 8 times. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 9-inch-long roll. Place rolls 6 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; flatten each roll to a 1-inch thickness. Combine water and egg white, and brush over rolls. Sprinkle rolls evenly with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut each roll diagonally into 15 (3/4-inch) slices. Carefully stand slices upright on baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325°; bake 20 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in the center but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on a wire rack.
GINGER BISCOTTI | KING ARTHUR BAKING
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) one large (about 18" x 13") baking sheet., In a medium-sized bowl, beat the butter, sugar, salt, spices, vanilla, and baking powder until the mixture is smooth and creamy., Beat in the eggs; the batter may look slightly curdled., At low speed of your mixer, add the flour and crystallized ginger, stirring until smooth; the dough will be quite soft and sticky, but should hold its shape when you drop it from a spoon., Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet, and shape it into a rough log about 14"-long.
- Using your wet fingers, smooth the top and sides of the log., Bake the dough for 25 minutes., Remove it from the oven, and allow it to cool on the pan anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes; just work it into the schedule of whatever else you're doing in the kitchen., Using a spray bottle filled with room-temperature water, lightly but thoroughly spritz the log, making sure to cover the sides as well as the top.
- Softening the crust just this little bit will make slicing the biscotti much easier., Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F., Wait another 5 minutes, then use a serrated knife to cut the log into 1/2" to 3/4" slices.
ORANGE - GINGER BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease large baking sheet. (I lightly dust with cornmeal to avoid sticking).
CRANBERRY ORANGE PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - CULINARY …
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C with rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a separate bowl (or stand mixer) add the eggs and sugar. Beat until about 3 minutes until pale yellow. Add the flour mixture, pistachios and cranberries, vanilla and orange zest. Mix until combined. The dough will be sticky, allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Using wet hands, form the dough into a mound on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until a little browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
CHRISTMAS COOKIES #7: ORANGE GINGER BISCOTTI – …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
GINGER ORANGE ALMOND BISCOTTI | RECIPE | ALMOND …
ORANGE GINGER BISCOTTI: A DUNKER’S COMPANION | …
10 BEST CANDIED GINGER BISCOTTI RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGER BISCOTTI FROM ANNABEL LANGBEIN "A SIMPLE …
ORANGE - GINGER BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD.COM | GINGER ...
TRIPLE GINGERS LOVERS BISCOTTI RECIPES
ORANGE - GINGER BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
ORANGE - GINGER BISCOTTI | GENIUS KITCHEN | GINGER ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make ginger and cranberry biscotti?In a mixing bowl combine flour, corn meal, 1 1/2 cups of the sugar, baking powder, 1 tablespoon of the ground ginger and salt. Mix the dry ingredients for 30 seconds to combine. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until almost combined. Toss together the cranberries and the crystallized ginger.
How do you make chocolate and orange biscotti?Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then Grand Marnier and orange peel. Add flour mixture and beat until blended. Stir in pecans and chocolate. Gather dough together; divide in half.
How long do you bake Ginger biscotti in the oven?Set the biscotti on edge on the prepared baking sheet. Return the biscotti to the oven, and bake them for 25 to 30 minutes, until they feel very dry. They'll still feel a tiny bit moist in the very center, if you break off a piece; but they'll continue to dry out as they cool.
How long to bake cranberry orange biscotti in oven?Stir in cranberries and ginger. Divide dough into three portions. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 9x2-inch log; place logs 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Cool on pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.