ORANGE SLICE CAKE
- Sift flour and salt (if using); set aside.
- Combine orange slice candy, pitted dates, pecans and coconut; set aside.
- Beat butter until light. While beating, gradually add sugar. Beat eggs, then add to butter and sugar.
- Combine baking soda and buttermilk.
- Add milk alternating with flour mixture. Blend well after each addition.
- Add candy mixture, mixing well.
- Turn into a 10-inch tube pan that has been greased and floured. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Remove from oven; combine orange juice and sugar and mix well.
- TOPPING Combine orange juice and sugar. Mix well. Pour over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559.8, Fat 27, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 83.7, Sodium 189.3, Carbohydrate 76.9, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 51.5, Protein 6.9
ORANGE SLICE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 10-inch tube pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4-8 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating after every addition.
- In a separate bowl, stir in the baking soda and buttermilk until dissolved. Pour it into the butter mixture and combine.
- Pour the flour into a large bowl. Add dates, orange slices, and nuts and stir to coat. Pour the flour mixture and coconut into the butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until well-combined. The batter will be stiff.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan. Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Towards the last few minutes of baking, prepare the glaze. Stir the orange juice and powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth. Pour the glaze over the hot cake.
- Let the cake cool in the pan overnight. Flip the cake over a serving plate. Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98 cal
ORANGE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
Provided by Sam Worley
Yield Makes 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Make the caramel:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter the cake pan. Slice the oranges as thinly as you can (about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick), preferably using a mandoline and picking out seeds as you go; set aside.
- Make sure you have all the ingredients for the caramel ready to go before you begin cooking it. In a medium pot, combine the sugar and 6 tablespoons water and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the mixture turns a medium-dark amber color, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and carefully stir in the butter and salt until incorporated. Pour the caramel into the buttered cake pan.
- Starting in the center of the pan, layer the orange slices on top of the caramel, overlapping a bit and working your way toward the outer edge (you may not need to use all the orange slices). Set pan aside.
- Make the cake:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, and then blend in the vanilla and orange zest.
- Add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk, beating just to combine. Spoon the batter in dollops over the oranges in the cake pan, being careful not to move them around too much. Smooth the top of the batter with a wet offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- With an offset spatula or a butter knife, loosen any parts of the cake that seem to be sticking to the side of the pan. Invert the cake onto a plate or platter while it's still hot. Let cool until warm or room temperature, then cut into wedges with a serrated knife to serve.
OLD-FASHIONED ORANGE SLICE CAKE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube cake pan .
- Cream butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and add to batter.
- Place flour in large bowl and add dates, orange slice candy, and nuts. Stir to coat all pieces thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture and coconut to creamed mixture. At this point, batter will be stiff. It might be easier to mix with hands or a sturdy spoon.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Just before cake comes out of the oven, make topping. In a medium bowl, combine orange juice and confectioners' sugar. Stir until smooth and well blended. Gradually pour juice mixture over hot cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Use a toothpick to prick cake in several places, if desired. Let orange slice cake stand in pan overnight.
- Carefully invert cake onto a cake plate; slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 595 kcal, Carbohydrate 92 g, Cholesterol 77 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 223 mg, Sugar 64 g, Fat 24 g, ServingSize 12 to 16 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
ORANGE SLICE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and granulated sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and add to the creamed mixture.
- Place flour in a large bowl and add dates, orange slices, and nuts. Stir to coat each piece. Add flour mixture and coconut to creamed mixture. This makes a very stiff dough, so it will be necessary to stir with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into the tube pan. Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. As soon as cake comes from oven, combine the orange juice and confectioners sugar and pour over hot cake. Let stand in pan overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 928.1 calories, Carbohydrate 156.4 g, Cholesterol 103.1 mg, Fat 33 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 289.9 mg, Sugar 116.1 g
MARY'S ORANGE SLICE CAKE
This cake is among the top ten of alot of us. Grandma and Grandpa always had these orange slices and hard candies on hand so what better then to make a cake out of one.
Provided by Hill Family
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cream butter & sugar, add eggs (1 at a time) beating after each one.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk. Add to creamed mixture.
- Add dates and orange slice to flour to coat. Add coconut.
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Makes stiff dough that should be mixed with your hands.
- Bake in a greased and floured 13x9x3 pan at 250* for 2 ½ hours.
- Combine orange juice and powered sugar and our over the hot cake. Let it stand over night before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1078.9, Fat 46.6, SaturatedFat 9.9, Cholesterol 106.4, Sodium 729.3, Carbohydrate 155.8, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 102.7, Protein 16.6
ORANGE SPICE CAKE
Field editor Connie Simon of Reed City, Michigan likes to serve slices of this gingerbread-like cake with whipped topping, but it's just as delicious plain.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Combine the orange juice, molasses, oil and egg; add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan., Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Spoon marmalade over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 234mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
ORANGE SLICE CAKE II
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time beating after each addition.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the butter milk and add it to the egg mixture, beating well.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, dates, candy, nuts and coconut. Mix to coat. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and combine well. Dough will be very stiff and may require mixing with your hands. Place dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Mix the orange juice and confectioners' sugar together and pour over the hot cake. Let cake stand in pan overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460.4 calories, Carbohydrate 77.8 g, Cholesterol 51.5 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 142.2 mg, Sugar 57.6 g
ORANGE SLICE CAKE
Yield serves 15-20
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 10-inch tube pan. For the cake, sift together 3 1/2 cups of the flour and the baking soda. Cut the orange slices and dates into small pieces and add them with the remaining 1/2 cup flour. Add the nuts and coconut; set aside. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and beat well. Stir the baking soda into the buttermilk. Alternately add the flour and the buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Fold in the candy mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out of the pan onto a rack.
- To make the glaze, stir together the confectioners' sugar, orange juice, and zest.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake.
More about "orange slice cake recipes"
ORANGE SLICE CAKE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
4.7/5 (10)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory Desserts
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED ORANGE SLICES | TASTE OF HOME
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE - PAINLESS …
CLASSIC SOUTHERN ORANGE SLICE CAKE - JAM HANDS
GRANNY'S ORANGE SLICE CAKE - EVERYDAY SOUTHERN LIVING
10 BEST ORANGE SLICE CAKE WITH CAKE MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
ORANGE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE (WITH FRESH ORANGES)
ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST ORANGE CAKE WITH CAKE MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
ORANGE CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
CANDIED ORANGE SLICES: A DELICIOUS CAKE, DESSERT & DRINK GARNISH
ORANGE SLICE - 11 RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
ORANGE DRIZZLE CAKE - EASY ORANGE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE
ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE | YUMMLY - PINTEREST
CANDIED ORANGE SLICE CAKE - ALLSHAPES.NET
THE VERY BEST ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE!!! - YOUTUBE
ITALIAN-INSPIRED ORANGE RICOTTA CAKE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
OLD-FASHIONED ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE - MASHED
26 EASY ORANGE DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
ORANGE SLICE AND RAISIN CAKE RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
EASY ORANGE CAKE RECIPE - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
WHOLE ORANGE CAKE - RIND AND ALL! | RECIPETIN EATS
SICILIAN WHOLE ORANGE CAKE - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
AMAZING EASY ORANGE CAKE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE PAULA DEEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORANGE SLICE CUPCAKES - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
BRENDA GANTT RECIPES ORANGE SLICE CAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORANGE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - BAKES BY BROWN SUGAR
BEST ORANGE CAKE EVER - MUNATY COOKING
STICKY ORANGE CAKE | EASY PICTURE RECIPES - KITCHEN MASON
ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE
ORANGE SLICE CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
ORANGE SLICE CAKE | GATHERED IN THE KITCHEN
ORANGE CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CITRUS CAKE W/ CANDIED ORANGES - THE WOKS OF LIFE
TIRED OF DRY FRUIT CAKE? GIVE THIS ORANGE SLICE FRUIT CAKE RECIPE A …
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #easy #winter #seasonal #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love