EASY ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; salt generously. Add broccoli rabe. Cook until leaves are wilted, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli rabe to colander; drain well.
- Return water to a boil, and add pasta; cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until soft, 30 seconds, being careful not to brown. Add anchovy fillets, if using, and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broccoli rabe; cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add pasta to broccoli rabe mixture; toss to combine, adding reserved cooking water as desired. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Serve with Parmesan and lemon wedges.
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE
- Put a large pot of water to boil.
- In the meantime, wash broccoli rabe under cold running water.
- Remove all yellow and dull leaves. Trim off the bottoms of the stems to remove tough and fibrous parts.
- If some of the stems are still thick don't cut them off further but split the end with a knife until the stems thins out a bit. This will ensure your greens are cooked evenly. Chop coarsely.
- Once water is boiling add salt and broccoli rabe. Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Past that time add orecchiette pasta and cook until pasta is "al dente". Verify cooking time on the directions on the package.
- Dry pasta cooks longer!
- While pasta and broccoli rabe are cooking prepare the sauce.
- In a large skillet pan add a generous splash of extra virgin olive oil, pinch of peperoncino (or fresh hot pepper), garlic cloves crushed with a flat knife and anchovy fillets.
- Cook on medium low heat stirring continuously. The sauce is ready once garlic becomes fragrant and anchovy fillets are dissolved. Remove garlic (optional). Turn off the heat.
- Drain pasta with broccoli rabe.
- Add it to a pan with the sauce. Turn on the heat and toss everything for a couple of minutes until all the flavors combine.
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND SAUSAGE
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, and cook, turning occasionally until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage to a plate and reserve pan and sausage drippings.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat. Add a large pinch of salt and broccoli rabe and cook, uncovered, until broccoli rabe is bright green and tender but still slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Immediately transfer broccoli rabe using tongs to a colander (reserve boiling water) and rinse under cold running water. Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Add pasta to reserved boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente (tender but not mushy), about 12 minutes. Meanwhile, heat reserved pan and drippings over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli rabe, pepper flakes, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt; increase heat to medium-high, and cook, continually stirring, until broccoli rabe is hot and tender, about 5 minutes. Slice sausage into 1/4-inch thick coins and add to pan and mix well cook until sausage is warmed through, about 5 more minutes.
- Drain pasta in a colander in sink, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid. Toss pasta and liquid with broccoli rabe mixture. Transfer pasta to a serving dish or individual bowls, garnish with Parmesean and serve.
ORECCHIETTE RABE (BROCCOLI) PASTA
This is a great Southern Italian recipe from 150 year old butcher shop in Bari Italy, owner is Leda Monzari. It has a unique bitter flavor from the rappini Italian broccoli, which I cannot get in Russia yet but in most USA markets.Orecchiette Pasta is ear shaped and pinched, get it anywhere in USA.This is different, your friends will come back for more! John Ortega in Moscow,Russia
Provided by John Ortega
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put olive oil in a non stick pan, add the chopped Garlic, Pepper Flakes, and the Anchovies.
- Cook till garlic turns a slight brown.
- Put Rape or Rappinni Broccoli in boiling hot water, salt, cook till soft.
- Strain rabe from the boiling water and use the green water to boil the Orecchiette pasta.
- Strain water from pasta, add pasta and rape to olive oil mixture,garlic,anchovie mixture, toss and serve it hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.1, Fat 1.4, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 41.2, Carbohydrate 45.8, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 1.9, Protein 11
BROCCOLI RABE AND ORECCHIETTE
- Place a pot of water on the stove to bring to a boil for pasta. Cover pot to bring water to a boil. Salt the water to season it and add half a pound of "little ears" pasta. Cook to al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Trim ends off broccoli rabe, coarsely chop it and add it to a deep skillet. Add 2 or 3 cups of water to the pan. Cover the pan and bring the broccoli rabe to a boil. When the rabe wilts down into the pan, salt it. Simmer the rabe for about 7 minutes until tender and no longer bitter. The color should remain deep green. Drain the rabe and reserve. Return the deep skillet to the stove and place it over medium heat. Add 5 turns of the pan of extra-virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and saute 2 to3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broccoli rabe and turn to coat them in garlic oil. Drain pasta reserving 3/4 cup of pasta water. Add the pasta and water to the pan. Toss pasta and broccoli rabe with lots of grated cheese, salt and pepper, to your taste. Serve immediately.
BROCCOLI RABE AND ORECCHIETTE
- Place a pot of water on the stove to bring to a boil for the pasta. Cover the pot to bring water to a boil. Salt the water to season it and add the orecchiette. Cook al dente, with a bite to it. Heads up: Before draining the pasta, save a ladleful of the cooking water to add to the broccoli rabe.
- Add the broccoli rabe and 2 to 3 cups water to a deep skillet. Cover the pan and bring the broccoli rabe to a boil. When the rabe wilts down into the pan, salt it. Simmer the rabe for about 7 minutes, until tender and no longer bitter. The color should remain deep green. Drain the rabe and reserve.
- Return the deep skillet to the stove and place it over medium heat. Add the EVOO, garlic, and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the broccoli rabe and turn to coat it in garlic oil. Add the ladleful of pasta water to the skillet; it will form a sauce as it emulsifies with the EVOO. Add the pasta, grated cheese, salt, and pepper, to taste and toss. Serve immediately.
- Add up to 1 pound of Italian hot or sweet bulk sausage, browned and crumbled, to make this dish stick to your ribs even more.
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE
- In large pot, bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, cut broccoli rabe flowers and leaves away from large central stems. Chop flowers, leaves and smaller stems coarsely, and discard large stems.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped garlic. Once it starts to sizzle, increase the heat to high, and stir in the broccoli rabe. Stir until the greens have completely wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water, and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, and return it to pot. Pour cooked greens, remaining olive oil and cheese over pasta, and toss quickly. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve immediately. Pass extra grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 770, UnsaturatedFat 25 grams, Carbohydrate 93 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 27 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 893 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND RED PEPPER
Orecchiette with broccoli rabe, also known as rapini, is a classic dish from Apulia, the region of Italy that makes up the heel of the country's boot shape. To make the dish more colorful, I added red bell pepper to the traditional mix. The sweetness of the peppers makes a nice contrast to the bitter greens.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, weekday, pastas, main course
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut away the tough stem ends of the broccoli rabe and wash well. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with salt and add the broccoli rabe. Cook for 5 minutes, until tender, and transfer using a spider or a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice cold water. Let sit for a few minutes and drain. Squeeze out water and chop very fine. Bring the water back to a boil and add the orecchiette. Cook al dente, following the timing instructions on the package (usually 9 to 10 minutes).
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy nonstick skillet and add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute, and add the diced red bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, and add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the broccoli rabe. Toss together for a minute, season to taste with salt, and remove from the heat but keep warm.
- Stir 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water into the greens. Drain the pasta and toss it with the greens, peppers, and cheese. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 467, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 70 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 20 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 583 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for pasta. Plop the orecchiette into the boiling water, and cook until al dente.
- Cook the garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the garlic is sizzling, crumble in the sausage, and cook, breaking up the clumps with the back of a wooden spoon, until browned, about 3 minutes. Season with the peperoncino. Add the broccoli rabe, and season with the salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss to coat the broccoli with the oil. Pour in 1 cup pasta water, then cover and cook until broccoli rabe is tender, about 15 minutes.
- When the broccoli rabe is tender, uncover, add 1 more cup pasta water, and bring to a boil. When the orecchiette is al dente, scoop the pasta from the water and add to the sauce. Toss to coat the pasta with the sauce. Remove from heat, sprinkle with the Pecorino Romano, and toss. Serve immediately.
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND TOMATOES
For this pasta dish, broccoli rabe and orecchiette are cooked together in one pan. You could stop there and simply finish with a drizzle of extra-virgin oiive oil and some finely grated Pecorino Romano, but it's exceptionally good tossed with an all-star Italian sauce of anchovies, garlic, capers, and tomatoes, and topped with toasted breadcrumbs. This recipe appears in our cookbook, "Martha Stewart's Vegetables" (Clarkson Potter).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium. Add breadcrumbs and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer breadcrumbs to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan; heat over medium. Add anchovies and stir until they dissolve into oil, about 1 minute. Add garlic and capers; cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, red-pepper flakes, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. If using fresh orecchiette, add broccoli rabe and pasta to pot, and cook until pasta is al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. If using dried orecchiette, cook according to package instructions until al dente, adding broccoli rabe 2 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain pasta and broccoli rabe, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta, broccoli rabe, and reserved pasta water to tomato mixture in pan. Cook over medium-high, stirring gently, until liquid has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, top with breadcrumbs, and serve immediately.
More about "orecchiette rabe broccoli pasta recipes"
BEST ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE - DELISH
5/5 (3)Occupation Food DirectorCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
ORECCHIETTE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI - ONCE UPON A …
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
BROCCOLI RABE PASTA RECIPE - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
ORECCHIETTE WITH SPICY BROCCOLI RABE - LIDIA
ORECCHIETTE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND SAUSAGE
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE - EATALY
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, TOMATOES, & ANCHOVY …
ORECCHIETTE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
'THE TUCCI TABLE' RECIPE: ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE …
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES & GOAT CHEESE
ORECCHIETTE WITH ALMOND PESTO AND BROCCOLI RABE – GIADZY
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE | OREGONIAN RECIPES
DAY-OFF DIET ORECCHIETTE BROCCOLI RABE AND CHICKEN ITALIAN SAUSAGE
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
ORECCHIETTE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI SAUCE | FEASTING AT HOME
ORECCHIETTE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE - RECIPES FROM ITALY
ORECCHIETTE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE - SERIOUS EATS
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, BACON, AND BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE (RAPINI) FROM PUGLIA - THE PASTA …
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE (PUGLIESE STYLE) - CIAOBELLA!KITCHEN
ORECCHIETTE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI SAUCE - SAVORING ITALY
ORECCHIETTE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI RABE & ROMANESCO | TABLE&SPOON
14 ORECCHIETTE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BROCCOLI RABE PASTA RECIPE WITH ORECCHIETTE - EASY RECIPES
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE SAUCE & CRUMBLED TARALLI
SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE ORECCHIETTE PASTA - THE KITCHEN PREP …
BROCCOLI RABE PASTA RECIPE WITH ORECCHIETTE - HEALTHY!
12 BROCCOLI RABE PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND SAUSAGE - CRAVING CALIFORNIA
ORECCHIETTE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE - THE ITALIAN CHEF
THE CLASSICAL BROCCOLI RABE ORECCHIETTE - THE COOKING FLOWER
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook orecchiette with broccoli rabe?Orecchiette with broccoli rabe is one of the signature pasta dishes from Apulia, city of Bari in particular. Put a large pot of water to boil. In the meantime, wash broccoli rabe under cold running water. Remove all yellow and dull leaves.
How do you Cook Pasta with broccoli rabe and garlic?When the pasta has about a minute left, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and broccoli rabe and cook for 30 seconds.
How to cook Orecchiette pasta?Once water is boiling add salt and broccoli rabe. Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes. Past that time add orecchiette pasta and cook until pasta is “al dente”.
How long to cook broccoli rabe for?Add broccoli rabe stalk pieces (with florets attached) to boiling water and cook until stalks are barely tender, 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Using a spider skimmer, drain well and transfer to a plate. Add rabe leaves to boiling water and cook until barely tender, about 1 minute.