FRENCH'S ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- Mix all ingredients except 2/3 c onion rings.
- Pour into buttered casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining onion rings and bake 5 minutes more or til onions are golden brown.
- I'm going to try it with low fat cm of mush soup. I'll let you know how it turns out.
- PS - The french fried onions are in the canned vegetable aisle!
ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
I always love that Original Green Bean Casserole since I was kid. My family loves this and always eat that during Thanksgiving, Christmas, or weeknights!
Provided by ProbeStreaker
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine soup, milk and ground pepper in 1-1/2-quart casserole; stir until well blended. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until hot. Stir; sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
- Microwave Directions: Prepare green bean mixture as above in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Cook, covered, on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir beans halfway through cooking time. Top with remaining French Fried Onions; cook, uncovered, 1 minute. Let stand 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 4.3, Sodium 373.7, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 2.6, Protein 3.4
BEST EVER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Go fresh with Alton Brown's Best-Ever Green Bean Casserole recipe from Good Eats on Food Network. Onions tossed in panko breadcrumbs provide a crunchy topping.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Combine the onions, flour, panko and salt in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Coat a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray and evenly spread the onions on the pan. Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes. Toss the onions 2 to 3 times during cooking. Once done, remove from the oven and set aside until ready to use. Turn the oven down to 400 degrees F.
- While the onions are cooking, prepare the beans. Bring a gallon of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil in an 8-quart saucepan. Add the beans and blanch for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately plunge the beans into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms begin to give up some of their liquid, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and nutmeg and continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and simmer for 1 minute. Decrease the heat to medium-low and add the half-and-half. Cook until the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1/4 of the onions and all of the green beans. Top with the remaining onions. Place into the oven and bake until bubbly, approximately 15 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
CAMPBELL'S® GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in 3-qt. casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 min. or until hot. Stir.
- Top with remaining onions. Bake for 5 min. more.
ULTIMATE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: green beans, unsalted butter, medium white onions, cremini mushroom, garlic, all purpose flour, milk, heavy cream, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, chicken broth, grated parmesan cheese, fried onion
Provided by Frank Tiu
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the green beans for 3 minutes, until tender and bright green. Drain and transfer to a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking dish.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over high heat. Add the onions and cook for 8 minutes, until softened and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, until browned. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to the casserole dish with the green beans. Wipe out the pan.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in the same pan. Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook until a golden brown roux forms, for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and Parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the vegetables in the casserole dish and toss until everything is well coated. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top the casserole with the fried onions, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 8 grams
FRENCH'S GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Wondering how to make green bean casserole? In this green bean casserole recipe, creamy mushroom sauce surrounds tender green beans, topped with French's Crispy Fried Onions.
Provided by The French's Food Company LLC.
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix soup, milk, and pepper in a 1 1/2 -qt. baking dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup Crispy Fried Onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot. Stir.
- Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden.
- This recipe is made available as a courtesy by The French's Food Company LLC.
VINTAGE FRESH GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE (CIRCA 1956)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add green beans and cook just until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix green beans and cream of mushroom soup together in a bowl; spread into an 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over green been mixture and top with French-fried onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and browned, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332.6 calories, Carbohydrate 20.7 g, Cholesterol 39.7 mg, Fat 22.7 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 691.9 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
This easy green bean casserole has always been one of my favorite dishes. You can make it before any guests arrive and refrigerate it until it's ready to bake. -Anna Baker, Blaine, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl, combine soup, milk, soy sauce and pepper. Gently stir in beans. Spoon half of the mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the onions. Spoon remaining bean mixture over the top. Sprinkle with remaining onions., Bake at 350° until heated through and onions are brown and crispy, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 485mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "original green bean casserole recipes"
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - ORIGINAL AMERICAN RECIPE | 196 …
5/5 (1)Category Side DishAuthor Mike BenayounTotal Time 45 mins
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and half of the onions in a 3-quart (3l) casserole.
ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE
4/5 (98)Total Time 1 hrServings 6Calories 80 per serving
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
4.3/5 (280)Total Time 40 minsServings 6Calories 231 per serving
FRENCHS ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE FRENCH'S - PAMILA OROURKE
CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH WATER CHESTNUTS ...
TRADITIONAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - TODAY.COM
THE ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
THE HISTORY OF (AND 18 VARIATIONS ON) THE CLASSIC GREEN ...
CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
OLD FASHIONED GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
ANNE'S ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE
ORIGINAL DURKEE / FRENCH'S GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE ...
11 OF THE BEST OLD-FASHIONED GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPES ...
MAKE YOUR GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE ANY WAY YOU LIKE - THE ...
THE BEST CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - THE WHOLESOME DISH
CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD CHANNEL
CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ULTIMATE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE (FROM SCRATCH) - THE DARING ...
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE PERFECTION! | RECIPETIN EATS
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE TOPPING - THERESCIPES.INFO
CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE FROM SCRATCH | KITCHN
ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
OLD-SCHOOL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - WIKIPEDIA
OLD-FASHIONED GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - GRATEFUL
DORCAS REILLY AND THE ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE ...
THE ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST ...
CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - CASSEROLE CRISSY
CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - REAL LIFE DINNER
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | FRENCH'S - MCCORMICK
GATHERING OLD RECIPES - ORIGINAL RECIPE FOR GREEN BEAN ...
NOTHING SAYS 1950S LIKE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #casseroles #main-dish #vegetables #oven #easy #holiday-event #copycat #christmas #thanksgiving #greens #onions #peppers #equipment #3-steps-or-less #baking
Original Green Bean Casserole Vs. Mine | Simply Mama Cooks25K views-09:27
HEIRLOOM RECIPE Green Bean Casserole81K views-01:53
Green Bean Casserole377K views-03:26
Green Bean Casserole Recipe | Simply Mamá Cooks | Holiday Sides Recipe34K views-04:26
French Onion Green Bean Casserole Recipe - Thanksgiving Green Bean Side Dish1.3M views-05:21
Green Bean Casserole Recipe25K views-07:38
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make green bean casserole?The classic original green bean casserole with french fried onions. You can use frenches french fried onions or the original Durkee french fried onions. In 1½ quart casserole, mix soup, milk, soy, pepper, beans and ⅔ cup onions. Bake at 350 25 minutes or until hot. Stir. Sprinkle ⅔ cup onions over bean mixture.
How do you cook Campbell’s green bean bake?Campbell’s gourmet green bean bake (1967) Cook and drain green beans. In 1-quart casserole, blend soup, milk, soy sauce and pepper until smooth; stir in beans and 1/2 can onions. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until hot. Top with remaining onions.
How to cook green beans and onions in a pan?Add the Green Beans. Add 2/3 cup of the Onions. Stir mixture well. Spoon into a 1 ½ quart casserole dish. Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes, or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Gently stir the bean mixture, sprinkle the remaining onions on top.
Is green bean casserole the New Classic?Others see green bean casserole as an opportunity to make every component from scratch, using only fresh green beans and making their own mushroom sauce and crispy fried onions. This is the new classic, a middle ground between convenience and comfort, without a sacrifice of quality or flavor.