PORK & HOLY BASIL STIR-FRY (PAD KRA PAO)
This pad kra pao (pork & holy basil-stir-fry) features a key ingredient: holy basil! With jasmine rice, it's perfection. And it only takes minutes to make.
Provided by Sarah
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a wok over medium high heat, add the oil, shallots and garlic, and fry for 3 minutes. Add the chilies and cook for another minute. Crank up the heat to high, and add the ground pork, breaking it up into small bits and allowing it to crisp up.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for another minute and deglaze the pan with the broth or water. Because your pan is over high heat, the liquid should cook off very quickly. Add the basil, and stir-fry until wilted. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 22 g, Fat 35 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, Cholesterol 82 mg, Sodium 929 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD KRAPOW GAI)
My version of this classic Thai dish has spectacular taste even with regular basil instead of Thai or holy basil. The sauce actually acts like a glaze as the chicken mixture cooks over high heat. The recipe works best if you chop or grind your own chicken and have all ingredients prepped before you start cooking.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl until well blended.
- Heat large skillet over high heat. Drizzle in oil. Add chicken and stir fry until it loses its raw color, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in shallots, garlic, and sliced chilies. Continue cooking on high heat until some of the juices start to caramelize in the bottom of the pan, about 2 or 3 more minutes. Add about a tablespoon of the sauce mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until sauce begins to caramelize, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the rest of the sauce. Cook and stir until sauce has deglazed the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until sauce glazes onto the meat, 1 or 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil. Cook and stir until basil is wilted, about 20 seconds. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 715.4 calories, Carbohydrate 58.6 g, Cholesterol 155.9 mg, Fat 30 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 49.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 1181.9 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
SPICY BASIL BEEF (PAD KRAPOW)
This is one of the most popular street food dishes in Thailand. It's also a technique, kind of like calling something an omelet. An omelet is always egg-based, but you can change the fillings. The base of this dish is always Thai basil, garlic, chilies, bell peppers and onions, but you can switch out the proteins as desired.
Provided by Jet Tila
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and chili paste in a small bowl and reserve.
- Heat your wok or large skillet over high heat and add 3 tablespoons of the vegetable oil. Crack one egg into the wok and allow the bottom to crisp for a couple of seconds, while keeping the pan moving, then baste until the top of the egg is mostly white, about 1 minute. Set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate, and then fry the second egg. Hold both eggs on the plate until ready to serve.
- Heat your wok or large skillet over high heat and add the remaining 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. When wisps of white smoke appear, add the ground beef, flattening against the pan, and cook undisturbed for about 45 seconds. The beef will start to brown; turn over once, press flat against the pan and cook for another 30 seconds. Add garlic and chilies. Cook them until the garlic starts to brown, about 30 seconds. Add the onion. Break up the meat into gravel-size pieces and drain any excess liquid.
- Stir in the bell pepper and stir-fry for about a minute. Add the reserved sauce to the wok and combine the ingredients thoroughly for about 1 minute. Add the Thai basil and cook until the beef is thoroughly cooked and onions are slightly tender. Finish with white pepper.
- Transfer to a platter and top with the reserved fried eggs.
PAD KRAPAO (THAI STIR-FRY PORK WITH BASIL)
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic and chile peppers and cook until garlic starts to brown, about 30 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes. Pour in dark soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, and fish sauce. Cook and stir until liquid has reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add chile paste, onion, and bell pepper. Stir-fry until pork is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in basil leaves and season with pepper. Stir until well combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368.5 calories, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 69.3 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 2110.2 mg, Sugar 12.7 g
- Basil chicken Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces. Rinse and peel the garlic and chilies, and pound them in a mortar and pestle (alternatively you can just mince them with a knife). They don't need to be super fine, you just want to bring out the oils and flavors from the garlic and chilies. Pluck a good sized handful of holy basil leaves off the stems. Now it's time to start cooking. Heat your wok on high heat, and add about 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, add the chilies and garlic. Stir fry them for about 20 seconds or so until they get really fragrant, but don't let them burn or get too dry. Toss in your chicken. Keep stir frying continuously. At this stage you want to continue to stir and cook your chicken until it's just about fully cooked all the way through (depending on the size pieces of chicken and how hot your fire is, it should take about 2 - 3 minutes). If it starts to get dry, add just a tiny splash of water. Add 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce, Â½ teaspoon light soy sauce, Â½ teaspoon sugar, and finally a splash of dark soy sauce. Keep stir frying for about another 30 seconds. Grab a handful of holy basil, toss it into the pan, fold it into the chicken, and then immediately turn off the heat (if you're using an electric stove, you'll want to remove the pan from the burner). The holy basil really only needs to cook for about 5 seconds, and it will continue to wilt and cook from the existing heat of the chicken. This step is important because if you cook the basil for too long, it loses some of its glorious flavor and gets slightly chewy.
GROUND CHICKEN STIR FRIED WITH BASIL - KAI PAD BAI KAPROW
This is a great accompaniment or main course for a Thai dinner, wonderfully aromatic, and very tasty! Based on a Madhur Jaffrey recipe, my husband makes this dish often.
Provided by Julesong
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In oil over medium-high heat, saute onion, basil, garlic, green onions, chilies, and grated ginger in oil until onions are soft.
- Add ground chicken and sauté until browned.
- Mix fish sauce and brown sugar together; add into chicken/basil mixture and stir to coat.
- Saute for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- Note: please use Thai basil if at all possible, which holds up better under heat and is much more aromatic than common Italian/French basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584.5, Fat 39.2, SaturatedFat 7.9, Cholesterol 195, Sodium 1324.1, Carbohydrate 17.6, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 9.1, Protein 42.9
GAI PAD BAI GAPROW
- Freeze chicken, wrapped in plastic wrap, 30 minutes to facilitate slicing. Cut chicken lengthwise (along grain) into thin slices and cut slices lengthwise into thin strips. Cut strips crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat a wok or heavy skillet over high heat until hot. Add oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and stir-fry until golden. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly to prevent sticking, until all chicken is opaque white, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chilies, broth or water, fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, and black pepper and stir-fry until combined. Add basil and stir-fry 30 seconds. If using holy basil, stir-fry 1 minute more, or until basil is wilted but still green. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve chicken with rice.
More about "pad kaprow recipes"
PAD KRAPOW RECIPE (THAI BASIL CHICKEN OR PORK)
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine ThaiTotal Time 35 mins
- Boil the pork in water with salt and vinegar before stir frying it in coconut oil to give it a light crisp. This allows for the pork to be perfectly cooked at the end of the recipe, and not just stir fried from raw.
- In a saucepan or skillet, place your smashed chili peppers and garlic in some coconut oil over medium heat.Then add the sliced shallots.
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (GAI PAD KRAPOW) - WOK & SKILLET
THAI SPICY BASIL FISH (PLA PAD KAPROW) | ASIAN INSPIRATIONS
PAD KA-PRAO (ผัดกะเพรา) - SHESIMMERS
10-MINUTE THAI BASIL CHICKEN (EASY GAI PAD KRAPOW)
THAI PORK AND BASIL STIR-FRY (PAD GAPROW) - MARION'S …
PAD KRAPOW KUNG: THAI STIR-FRIED SHRIMP WITH BASIL
AUTHENTIC THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (ผัดกระเพราไก่)
PAD KA POW GAI - THE BEST TRADITIONAL THAI BASIL CHICKEN …
KAY PLUNKETT-HOGGE’S PAD KRAPOW MOO RECIPE | FOOD
PAD KRAPOW RECIPE (THAI STIR FRY BASIL)
2 EASY AND TASTY KAPROW RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
THAI STIR FRIED BISON WITH HOLY BASIL AND FRIED EGG, BISON PAD KA …
PLAY PAD KAPROW KOONG RECIPE , A FREE ONLINE GAME ON KONGREGATE
PAD KAPROW - PLAN. EAT. POST. REPEAT.
VEGAN TOFU DOK KAJORN PAD KAPROW RECIPE - MESSY VEGAN COOK
THAI PORK KRAPOW RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PAD KRA PAO MOO- SPICY THAI BASIL PORK | THAI CALIENTE | THAI RECIPES
PAD KAPROW GAI — VIVIENEATS
PAD KAPROW KOONG RECIPE | GAMES | IORBIX
PAD KAPROW KOONG | THAI BASIL SHRIMP | KRAVINGS - YOUTUBE
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD KRAPOW GAI) | FOODIECRUSH.COM
PAD KAPROW GAI RECIPE — TABLE MAGAZINE
PAD KRAPOW GAI RECIPE ผัดกะเพราไก่ | HOW TO MAKE THAI CHILI …
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD KRAPROW GAI) - NO RECIPES
PAD KRAPOW MOO SAAP (THAI BASIL PORK) RECIPE - D'OPEN KITCHEN
THAI RECIPE | PAD KRAPOW MOO (PORK STIR-FRIED WITH HOLY BASIL)
15 MINUTE THAI BASIL TOFU STIR FRY (PAD KRAPOW) - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (PAD KRAPOW GAI)
THAI-STYLE PORK PAD KRAPOW RECIPE WITH 7 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
THAI BEEF WITH BASIL (PAD KRAPOW) - MY KITCHEN LITTLE
PAD KAPROW KOONG - THAI BASIL SHRIMP - KRAVINGS FOOD ADVENTURES
SPICY BASIL BEEF (PAD KRAPOW) – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
RECIPE FOR PAD KAPROW MOO KAI DOW
PAD KRAPOW GAI (THAI BASIL CHICKEN) - CURIOUS CUISINIERE
PLAY PAD KAPROW KOONG RECIPE | FREE ONLINE GAMES
VEGAN PAD GAPRAO (PAT KAPROW – ผัดกะเพรา)
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN - PAD KRAPOW GAI - YOUTUBE
THAI BASIL BEEF (PAD GRA PROW) - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
PAD KAPROW | FOOD, BEEF, MEAT
You'll also love