found this recipe on the net in response to a request. here's what the recipe said:
Time: 55 minutes
- stir together the flour , pepper , ground cumin seed , and salt in a large bowl or in the food processor
- mix thoroughly until the spices are evenly distributed
- add the garlic and mix well
- add enough of the water to form a dough that will hold together in a cohesive ball
- if necessary , add up to 1 additional tablespoon water
- the dough should be fairly stiff and dry
- if it is too wet , it will not roll well
- knead the dough for about 5 minutes by hand or pulse for about 15 seconds in the food processor
- the dough should be smooth
- with your hands , shape the dough into a cylinder or log about 2 inches thick and 6 inches long
- with a sharp knife , cut the cylinder into 1 / 2-inch thick slices
- the next step uses oil , so do not use your pastry cloth and rolling pin sleeve
- place each slice on a lightly oiled surface
- lightly oil the top of the slice and then roll out into a very thin circle about 6 or 7 inches in diameter
- papadams must be rolled extremely thin , maximum 1 / 16 inch
- if the dough sticks to your rolling pin , gently pull it off
- dust the tops of each papadam with cayenne pepper
- using a metal spatula to loosen the edges of the papadams from the rolling surface , carefully place them on large baking sheets
- the traditional method for preparing and frying papadams is described below
- you can also bake them in a 300f oven for about 15 to 25 minutes , or until crisp and dry
- the cooking time may vary beyond this range depending upon the thickness and moisture in the rolled dough
- cool them on a rack', "to prepare the papadams in an authentic manner , don't bake them", 'first allow them to dry by leaving them in the sun for a few hours or by placing them in a very low oven for 1 to 2 hours , turning occasionally
- dry the papadams until they are just slightly flexible and show no moisture
- they should not brown or bake , however
- at this point , the papadams may be stacked flat and stored in an airtight container until needed
- they will keep for months if stored properly
- when ready to serve , heat about 1 / 8 inch of oil in a large skillet
- the oil should be hot , but not smoking
- a drop of water flicked into the skillet should sizzle immediately
- one at a time , drop the papadams into the hot oil
- turn the papadam when it begins to curl at the edges
- it will quickly fry and become crisp
- remove it before it turns brown
- cool and drain the papadams on paper towels and eat them immediately
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- gram flour
- black pepper
- ground cumin
Found this recipe on the Net in response to a request. Here's what the recipe said: "Papadams are delicious, spicy Indian crackers that traditionally require many ingredients and take days to make. They are prepared ahead in quantity and deep fried just before serving. This is a simplified version. It still requires time, but the results are worth it. It is not the easiest of reci
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Lennie
Yield 12 serving(s)
- Stir together the flour, pepper, ground cumin seed, and salt in a large bowl or in the food processor; mix thoroughly until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Add the garlic and mix well.
- Add enough of the water to form a dough that will hold together in a cohesive ball; if necessary, add up to 1 additional tablespoon water.
- The dough should be fairly stiff and dry; if it is too wet, it will not roll well.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes by hand or pulse for about 15 seconds in the food processor; the dough should be smooth.
- With your hands, shape the dough into a cylinder or log about 2 inches thick and 6 inches long.
- With a sharp knife, cut the cylinder into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- The next step uses oil, so do not use your pastry cloth and rolling pin sleeve.
- Place each slice on a lightly oiled surface.
- Lightly oil the top of the slice and then roll out into a very thin circle about 6 or 7 inches in diameter.
- Papadams must be rolled extremely thin, maximum 1/16 inch.
- If the dough sticks to your rolling pin, gently pull it off.
- Dust the tops of each papadam with cayenne pepper.
- Using a metal spatula to loosen the edges of the papadams from the rolling surface, carefully place them on large baking sheets.
- The traditional method for preparing and frying papadams is described below; you can also bake them in a 300F oven for about 15 to 25 minutes, or until crisp and dry.
- The cooking time may vary beyond this range depending upon the thickness and moisture in the rolled dough.
- Cool them on a rack.
- To prepare the papadams in an authentic manner, don't bake them; first allow them to dry by leaving them in the sun for a few hours or by placing them in a very low oven (less than 200F) for 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Dry the papadams until they are just slightly flexible and show no moisture; they should not brown or bake, however.
- At this point, the papadams may be stacked flat and stored in an airtight container until needed; they will keep for months if stored properly.
- When ready to serve, heat about 1/8 inch of oil in a large skillet; the oil should be hot, but not smoking; a drop of water flicked into the skillet should sizzle immediately.
- One at a time, drop the papadams into the hot oil.
- Turn the papadam when it begins to curl at the edges; it will quickly fry and become crisp.
- Remove it before it turns brown.
- Cool and drain the papadams on paper towels and eat them immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 2 cups gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 teaspoon cracked/coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- cayenne (for dusting tops)
- oil, for frying (optional)
PAPADUM (LENTIL CRACKERS)
This is a thin Indian crispy cracker or flat bread. It is typically served as an appetizer to an Indian meal. It can also be eaten as a snack and can be topped with chopped onions, peppers, chutney's or other condiments.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Ambervim
Yield 15-20 Large crackers
- In a large bowl mix the flour, black pepper, cumin and salt.
- Add the water and knead the dough by hand until it is smooth.
- Depending on the flour you may need to add more or less water to reach the desired consistency. It should be wet enough to hold together but not too sticky.
- Divide the dough into 12 to 15 balls and roll out one ball at a time to a very thin round layer about 1/8 inch thick or use your pasta roller. Then place them on a slightly oiled surface oiled or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Place the papadums in the oven preheated to about 200 F for 60-90 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Fry in a non-stick skillet in a small amount of oil (I prefer to dry fry them) until they are crispy but do not let them brown.
- Serve warm. They can also be made ahead and then be crisped up in a warm oven before serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 4 cups lentil flour (Likely make your own with grain grinder or blendtec or etc)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- vegetable oil (for frying, if needed)
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Makes 12 pappadams
- To fry pappadams:
- In a heavy kettle heat 1 1/2 inches oil over moderate heat until it registers 365° F. on a deep-fat thermometer and fry pappadams until crisp and golden, 2 or 3 seconds. With tongs transfer pappadams to paper towels to drain briefly.
- To broil pappadams:
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil pappadams 4 to 6 inches from heat until they bubble and become opaque, about 10 seconds on each side.
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- 12 sun-dried pappadams* (Indian wafers, sometimes called papads) in assorted flavors such as tandoori and Madras-spiced
- about 5 cups vegetable oil if frying
- *available at East Indian markets, some specialty foods shops
More recipes about papadams recipes
Super Easy Poppadom Recipe | How to Make Poppadoms - Ed Chef
Recipe From : ed-chef.comOct 14, 2020 · Heat the oil in a frying pan to a high heat and tear off a small piece of dough, a little smaller than a golf ball. Dust both sides and roll it out as evenly and thinly as you can, then drop it into the oil. Fry it for a few minutes on each side. … ...Show details
Homemade Papadums From Scratch - Oh, The Things We'll Make!
Recipe From : thethingswellmake.comApr 24, 2015 · Subscribe to my newsletter for the latest recipes and tutorials! Homemade Papadums From Scratch. 4 from 8 votes. Print Rate. Servings: 30 small papadums. … ...Show details
Poppadoms | Home Fried Crispy Papads | THE CURRY GUY
Recipe From : greatcurryrecipes.netApr 06, 2020 · Heat the oil in a large wok over medium high heat. When a piece of papad puffs up quite quickly in the oil, it is hot enough to get started. I usually cook … ...Show details
What Is Papadum? Easy Recipe and Tips for Making Perfect
Recipe From : masterclass.comFeb 26, 2019 · Papadum recipes, like most Indian recipes, vary by region and household. They have been known to be made with lentil flour; green gram flour in … ...Show details
How To Make Papadum Recipe At Home [Sanjeev Kapoor Special
Recipe From : ingredientsrecipes.comNov 20, 2019 · The only thing you have to do is just follow the Papadum recipe procedure and make this dish at your home. In a large bowl mix the flour, black pepper, cumin, and salt. Add the water and knead the dough by hand until it is smooth. Depending on the flour you may need to add more or less water to reach the desired consistency. ...Show details
How to Cook Papadums : 11 Steps (with Pictures)
Recipe From : instructables.comHow to Cook Papadums: Papadums are those giant round crackery things that you get at the Indian restaurant. It turns out that you can actually make these at home with a … ...Show details
papad recipe | papadum recipe | how to make rice papad
Recipe From : hebbarskitchen.comJan 27, 2019 · pour 3 tbsp of papad batter onto a plate and spread uniformly by tilting. place the plate into steamer and steam for 2 minutes. alternatively, place the metal plate on top of the boiling water then put a lid over it. once the papad dough cooks completely, it turns non-sticky. cool slightly and later scrape from sides. ...Show details
Papaya Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comThis is a halibut, mango, and papaya salad recipe that is fresh and light, especially for the spring season which will soon be upon us. Doesn't take a lot of prep time with exception of marinating the fish. Can be done ahead and kept in the fridge for at least 2 days. Salad dressing as you will see is very easy and is so delicious and light. ...Show details
Papadum Recipe | RecipeLand
Recipe From : recipeland.comMay 06, 2010 · Divide the dough into 12 to 15 balls and roll out one ball at a time to a very thin round layer about ⅛ inch thick on a lightly oiled surface. Place on lightly oiled cookie sheets. Place the papadums in the oven preheated to about 200℉ (100℃) F. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve. ...Show details
India's Crunchy Appetizer- The Papad (Papadums)
Recipe From : indiamarks.comJun 15, 2012 · Recipes; India’s Crunchy Appetizer- The Papad (Papadums) The Indian Papad or Papadum as it’s also known can best be described as a type of tortilla, wafer … ...Show details
ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR BREADS IS LOW CARB …
Recipe From : carbwarscookbooks.comFeb 11, 2015 · About 4 cooked papadams, broken into chips 2 ounces shredded jack or cheddar cheese, more to taste Salsa, guacamole, cubed avocado, chopped tomato, green onion, sliced black olives, diced green chilies, and/or Sour Cream for topping as desiredDirections: Spread papadam chips on a large oven-safe baking dish or sheet pan and sprinkle with cheese. ...Show details
Poppadoms with Rosemary
Recipe From : finedininglovers.comSep 01, 2016 · To prepare poppadom recipe, start sprinkling the yeast over the flour and salt. Mix in 250 ml lukewarm water and 5 tbsp olive oil into a bowl and knead to a pliable dough. It should not stick to the bowl. Cover and put in a warm place until it has doubled in size. ...Show details
Indian Papadams Recipe | IndiaSnacks.com
Recipe From : indiasnacks.comStir together the flour, pepper, ground cumin seed, and salt in a large bowl or in the food processor. Mix thoroughly until the spices are evenly distributed. Add the garlic and mix well. Add enough of the water to form a dough that will hold together in a cohesive ball. ...Show details
Kroger - Papadum
Recipe From :...Show details
Copycatting Papa John. Recipe by Mary - CookEatShare
Recipe From : cookeatshare.comTime to copycat another food item, this time from Papa John's. Papadias are inspired by the ‘piadina,’ an Italian folded flatbread sandwich from Northern Italy, but Papa John's … ...Show details
How to make Urad Papad or Papadam or Poppadoms - Start to
Recipe From : youtube.comLearn how to make your own papad or papadum at home.More recipes athttp://www.bhavnaskitchen.com ...Show details
Super easy Poppadoms ( Step by Step Method ) - Sandhya's
Recipe From : sandhyahariharan.co.ukMar 29, 2021 · Two types of Papadams are available in the market – Uncooked Poppadom that are Ready to fry & serve and Ready to eat Restaurant style Pappadom that’s pre-packed. Uncooked Papads are available at Asian Grocery stores or in the Asian Isle in most supermarkets for 80p – 2.5£, each containing approximately 20 of them. ...Show details
Papadams Recipe - Details, Calories, Nutrition Information
Recipe From : recipeofhealth.comGet full Papadams Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Rate this Papadams recipe with 2 cups gram flour (chickpea flour), 1 tsp cracked/coarsely ground black pepper, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 clove garlic, pressed, 1/4 cup water, 1 tbsp water, cayenne (for dusting tops), oil, for frying (optional) ...Show details
Original Indian Onion Salad Chutney Recipe For Pappadoms
Recipe From : discover.hubpages.comDec 29, 2010 · The original onion salad recipe for papadums is used at majority of Indian restaurants and take aways in UK is now available for you to make yourself! This is the onion chutney that you get from Indian restaurants and take aways when you order … ...Show details
3 Ways to Make Rice Papad - wikiHow
Recipe From : wikihow.comMay 24, 2020 · Boil 7 cups of water then add 1 teaspoon Ajwain, 1 teaspoon cumin seed, 4 teaspoons salt, 4-5 teaspoons green chili, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, and 3 … ...Show details
How to make Papadam at Home | Papadam recipe - Thara's Kitchen
Recipe From : tharascookingtips.comSep 25, 2020 · Then I learned it from the recipe note of my periamma and wanted to try this recipe. Finally, it came well and I wanted you guys to try this simple recipe at … ...Show details
Papadams recipe from The Curry Guy by Dan Toombs | Cooked
Recipe From : cooked.com.auHeat 10cm of oil in a large pan or wok until hot. When a piece of papad puffs up quite quickly when dropped into the oil, it’s ready. Papads are usually cooked in pairs, which speeds the process up and also helps keep them uniformly flat. Drop the papads in the oil. ...Show details
Food Adventures of a Comfort Cook: Copycatting Papa John.
Recipe From : comfortcookadventures.comFeb 26, 2020 · Recipes galore from a comfort cook who believes that life is one big adventure, and should be enjoyed everyday. Also featuring restaurant reviews of eateries in the Four Corners area of Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. ...Show details
Three delicious recipes from Papadam. Papadam Curry
Recipe From : youtube.comToday I will show you how to make three delicious papadam recipes for my dear friends .This can be made very easily. Papadam curry tastes just like meat .Pap... ...Show details
Papad Recipes | Tarladalal.com
Recipe From : tarladalal.comDec 18, 2020 · Papad recipes. Papad! The moment you say papad, I am sure you might be hearing that crunchy bite in your head. Be it fried papad or the roasted, they are sure to add punch to any simple meal, with their crispy texture! Instant Whole Wheat … ...Show details