PAPAS CON CHORIZO (MEXICAN CHORIZO AND POTATOES)
The bold, delicious flavors of this traditional Mexican dish are sure to become your new favorite breakfast. Top with a fried or poached egg, or serve inside corn tortillas. I like to top mine with Cotija cheese, cilantro, and hot sauce, with a side of avocado. Home- or store-made chorizo is best, however, feel free to use your favorite brand.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook chorizo over medium-high heat in a large skillet, breaking up any large clumps, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon, reserving about 1 tablespoon of grease in the skillet. Add oil if necessary to make up 1 tablespoon.
- Cook onion in the same skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften and brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add potatoes to the skillet and saute until potatoes are lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chorizo and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.4 calories, Carbohydrate 28.9 g, Cholesterol 72.8 mg, Fat 20.4 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 16.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 716.4 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
PAPAS CON CHORIZO
This is a very common breakfast in Mexico. Just grab a tortilla, fill it with papas con chorizo, top it with salsa and or avocado and breakfast is ready! Scramble some eggs in your skillet along with the chorizo mixture and now you have huevos con papas y chorizo.
Provided by Yoly
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sausage turns a dark red, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove chorizo from the skillet and set aside.
- Melt bacon grease in the same skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add diced potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add diced onion and serrano pepper and continue cooking and stirring until potatoes are fork-tender, onion is translucent, and serrano pepper is soft, 2 to 6 more minutes. Add chorizo back into skillet and stir until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10.6 g, Cholesterol 29.9 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 617.3 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
PAPAS CON QUESO (COLOMBIAN POTATOES WITH CHEESE)
These are so tasty and work great as a side for just about anything. Be sure to use waxy new potatoes for this, though. Other potatoes will break down too much hile cooking. New potatoes will retain their firmness and shape.
Provided by Cluich
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat, then add the scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions are softened (about five minutes or so, at most). Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes an put them in a serving bowl. Add the cream to the tomato-scallion mixture and bring it to a boil, then add the cheese and stir until it melts. Season the creamy chese sauce with salt and pepper, to taste, and pour over the potatoes. Serve piping hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 536.1, Fat 34.5, SaturatedFat 21.1, Cholesterol 118.9, Sodium 259.6, Carbohydrate 46.6, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 4.9, Protein 13.2
PAPAS CHORREADAS (POTATOES WITH CREAM AND CHEESE SAUCE)
Papas Chorreadas is a typical Colombian side dish, born in the Andean zone of the country, these creamy potatoes are delicious with meat dishes. And they are a must as a side dish for Sobrebarriga al Horno. Red potatoes covered with a delicious sauce made with scallions, tomatoes, cream and cheese. You can also make
Provided by Erica Dinho
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place the potatoes and chicken bouillon in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil and cook about 30 minutes until tender. Drain and set a side.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and tomatoes, stir and cook about 7 minutes. Add garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add cream, cilantro and cheese. Mix well and turn down the heat and cook for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- In a serving dish place the potatoes and pour the sauce on top. Serve them hot. Papas Chorreadas Recipe
Nutrition Facts : Calories 636 kcal, Carbohydrate 75 g, Protein 17 g, Fat 32 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, TransFat 0.02 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 429 mg, Fiber 8 g, Sugar 10 g, UnsaturatedFat 11 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PAPAS CHORREADAS (POTATOES WITH TOMATO AND CHEESE SAUCE)
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and saute the onion and tomato, stirring often, for 15 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Season with paprika and pepper.
- Add crumbled cheese, stir well. Halve the potatoes; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 242, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 638 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MEXICAN POTATOES WITH CHEESE - PAPAS CON QUESO
This is another simple yet delicious authentic dish from Zacatecas Mexico that my mother taught me how to make! It is important to know that this recipe won't work well if you don't use queso fresco. You must use this type of cheese specifically for the recipe to incorporate well, other wise it wont come out. Makes a great side dish.
Provided by Spyce
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring jalapenos and tomatoes to a boil.
- In blender add water, onion, garlic, cumin, chicken bouillon powder, can of tomato sauce and blend well.
- Add boiled jalapenos and tomatoes and pulsate the blender 2 or 3 times just so that the tomatoes and the peppers are still chunky in the sauce. Set aside.
- In skillet fry the potatoes until they start to look translucent and remove from fire. It is very important you do this. Don't fully cook them or else they will end up like mulch latter.
- Transfer the semi cooked potatoes to a bigger sauce pot and pour the sauce.
- Add cheese and stir well. If needed at salt to taste and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot and enjoy with warm tortillas!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258.3, Fat 0.9, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 0.3, Sodium 701.5, Carbohydrate 57.5, Fiber 8.3, Sugar 7.2, Protein 7.6
More about "papas con queso colombian potatoes with cheese recipes"
CHORIZO AND POTATO WITH CHEESE (CHORIZO CON PATATAS Y …
COLOMBIAN AREPAS WITH CHEESE (AREPAS CON QUESO) …
PAPAS ASADAS CON QUESO -- ROASTED POTATOES WITH …
PAPAS CHORREADAS (POTATOES DRIZZLED WITH A CHEESE
PAPAS CON QUESO - MY BACK KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Servings 2Cuisine MexicanCategory Main Course
PAPAS CON QUESO, MEXICAN STUFFED CHEESE POTATOES RECIPE, PARTY …
PASTEL DE PAPAS (POTATO AND CHEESE CASSEROLE) RECIPE
RECIPE: PAPAS CUBANAS CON ACEITUNA Y QUESO: CUBAN POTATOES …
PAPAS CHORREADAS - COLOMBIAN POTATOES WITH CHEESE SAUCE
HOW TO MAKE PAPAS CON CHORIZO (POTATOES WITH MEXICAN CHORIZO)
LATIN AMERICAN CUISINE: PAPAS CHORREADAS (COLOMBIAN POTATOES …
CRISPY POTATO AND CHEESE TACOS (TACOS DORADOS DE PAPA CON QUESO)
CALDO DE PAPA CON QUESO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PAPAS CHORREADAS (COLOMBIAN POTATOES WITH CHEESE AND …
CALDO DE QUESO CON PAPAS (CHEESE SOUP & POTATOES) | MEXICAN …
TORTITAS DE PAPA CON QUESO (POTATO PATTIES WITH CHEESE)
SAUCY POTATOES WITH CHEESE (PAPAS CHORREADAS) - READY SET EAT
POTATO PATTIES WITH CHEESE RECIPE (EASIER THAN YOU THINK)
COLOMBIAN PAPAS CHORREADAS (POTATOES IN TOMATO-CHEESE SAUCE)
PAPAS CRIOLLAS (COLOMBIAN CREOLE POTATOES) - COOKING TO ENTERTAIN
POTATOES WITH CHEESE SAUCE PAPAS CHORREADAS RECIPE
CALDO DE QUESO: A DELICIOUS CHEESE & POTATO SOUP FROM SONORA
MEXICAN POTATOES WITH CHEESE - PAPAS CON QUESO - MEXICAN …
PAPAS CON QUESO (COLOMBIAN POTATOES WITH CHEESE) RECIPE
PAPAS CHORREADAS (COLOMBIA) RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
CALDO DE QUESO (MEXICAN POTATO AND CHEESE SOUP)
COLOMBIAN PAPAS CHORREADAS (POTATOES IN TOMATO-CHEESE SAUCE) …
PAPAS CHORREADAS (POTATOES WITH CHEESE) RECIPE - MYSTEINBACH
CALDO DE QUESO CON PAPAS (CHEESE &AMP;AMP; POTATO SOUP) RECIPE
CALDO DE QUESO CON PAPAS (CHEESE &AMP;AMP; POTATO SOUP) RECIPE
TORTITAS DE PAPA CON QUESO (DAIRY-FREE POTATO CAKES)
CHUPE DE PAPA (COLOMBIAN-STYLE POTATOES) - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
SONORAN CHEESE AND POTATO SOUP (CALDO DE QUESO Y PAPA)
PAPAS CHORREADAS | HOW TO MAKE COLOMBIAN POTATOES WITH …
POTATO SOUP WITH PANELA CHEESE - CALDO DE PAPAS CON QUESO …
TORTITAS DE PAPA CON QUESO (MEXICAN POTATO AND CHEESE CAKES)
CALDO DE PAPA CON QUESO (POTATO SOUP) - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
PAPAS CON QUESO - DESICHEFS.COM
You'll also love