CHICKEN & PASTA WITH MARINARA SAUCE
OMG! You've got to try this! My DH created this 10 years ago. I forgot how wonderful it tastes. There was a time where we had this at least once a week! I'm posting this in response to someone had 3 chicken breasts and wanted a quick and easy recipe that would feed 5. This will feed five, but they will be fighting over the leftovers (if there are any!).
Provided by Claudia Dawn
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until it is hot but not smoking.
- Add the garlic and onions; sauté until golden-- about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add spices and chicken chunks; cook through--about 10 minutes.
- Add stewed Italian style tomatoes to chicken/Marinara sauce.
- Simmer while cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Toss Marinara sauce gently with cooked pasta; serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 659.9, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 95.5, Sodium 616.6, Carbohydrate 58.4, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 11.2, Protein 41.1
CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH MY MOTHER'S MARINARA SAUCE AND BUCATINI
- For the sauce: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook for a few minutes until the onions are softened slightly but not brown. Stir in the garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes. (If the onions begin to brown, add a splash of water.)
- Stir in the grated carrots and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and continue to cook until the carrots soften, about 2 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and use a wooden spoon to break up some of the whole tomatoes. Cook over medium heat, stirring from time to time, until the tomatoes are fairly broken down and the sauce has thickened, at least 30 minutes. Season to taste and add water as necessary. Stir in the basil leaves. Keep the sauce warm.
- For the chicken: Lay a piece of chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and use the smooth side of a meat mallet to pound into a 1/4-inch-thick cutlet. Repeat with remaining cutlet then slice both pieces in half.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and set aside. Combine the breadcrumbs and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Crack the eggs in a second shallow dish and whisk to blend. Sprinkle the chicken pieces on both sides with salt and dip each thoroughly in the eggs; transfer to the breadcrumbs to thoroughly coat. Place the chicken on the paper towels.
- For the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a generous amount of salt. (The pasta water should taste like seawater.) Add the pasta to the pot and stir so it doesn't stick. Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente (chewy but not hard or raw tasting). Drain well and set aside.
- To finish the chicken: Fill a medium cast-iron skillet with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil (to come about 1/4 of the way up the sides) and heat over medium until the oil is just barely starting to smoke. Sprinkle the top of each cutlet with salt and gently place in the oil, salted-side down. Add the butter to the pan and as it begins to foam, shake the pan gently. Cook on the first side until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Gently flip to the second side, sprinkle with salt and carefully spoon some of the hot oil mixture on top. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, an additional 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the pan with a slotted spatula to clean paper towels to drain slightly.
- Preheat the broiler with the rack in the highest position. Divide the sauce between 2 medium bowls, one for the pasta and one for the chicken Parmesan.
- To assemble the chicken Parmesan, add some tomato sauce to a small cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Layer with a couple mozzarella slices and the basil. Put one of the fried chicken cutlets on top of the basil, followed by another spoonful of sauce, then a second layer of mozzarella. Place the second chicken cutlet next, followed by a third layer of sauce, more mozzarella and a large sprinkle of Parmesan. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken and other ingredients in a second small cast-iron skillet. Place the skillets on a sheet tray and broil until the cheese is melted and slightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Top with more freshly grated Parmesan.
- Toss the pasta and sauce together in a large bowl and taste for seasoning. Top with grated Parmesan. Serve with the skillets of chicken parm.
PARMESAN CHICKEN PASTA
I developed this recipe one Saturday night when I wanted to make something a little nicer, but with minimal time in the kitchen. I'd tried something similar at a restaurant a few weeks earlier. It's a great way to use leftover grilled chicken...or you can use purchased grilled chicken strips. -Tamara Duncan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the ham and garlic in oil until garlic is tender. Add the chicken, spinach, artichokes and tomato; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the sauce and milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Drain pasta; stir into sauce and heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts :
CHICKEN MARINARA WITH PASTA
My son Logan, 11, and I created this basic but very good dish. It was the first meal he made all by himself (with supervision, of course). Best of all, it was a real hit with the three friends he invited for dinner." -Joanie Fuson, Indianapolis, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally., Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4-in. strips., Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Stir Parmesan cheese into sauce. Drain spaghetti. Serve with chicken and sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 438mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA BAKE
If you love flavor of chicken parmesan, you can enjoy it even on a busy weeknight with this easy pasta casserole! Seasoned ground chicken is paired with marinara, pasta, and cheese for a satisfying dinner. (Originally published at wearychef.com)
Provided by wearychef
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain.
- While pasta cooks, spray a 12" skillet or dutch oven with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, chicken, salt, a few grinds of pepper, and garlic. Saute until onion is tender and chicken is cooked through. Stir in marinara sauce, and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a glass bowl in the microwave until melted. Stir bread crumbs and basil into the melted butter, and set aside.
- Turn off heat on the sauce. Stir in cooked pasta and mozzarella cubes, and transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle buttery bread crumbs over the pasta, and sprinkle parmesan cheese over that.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 730.6, Fat 25.3, SaturatedFat 11.2, Cholesterol 111.8, Sodium 1260.2, Carbohydrate 87, Fiber 7.1, Sugar 17.1, Protein 37.3
OVEN PARMESAN CHICKEN WITH PENNE MARINARA
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Brush both sides of chicken with dressing; place in pan. In small bowl, stir melted butter, bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese until well blended. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon bread crumb mixture on top of each breast. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F.)
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until tender. Stir in both cans of tomatoes, the broth and 3 tablespoons of the basil. Cook, uncovered, over low heat 15 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Add tomato mixture to pasta; toss to coat.
- Spoon pasta onto serving platter; top with chicken. Garnish with remaining 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 49 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1070 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "parmesan chicken pasta with marinara recipes"
10 BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH MARINARA SAUCE RECIPES
EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA - LEMON BLOSSOMS
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 522 per serving
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until just al dente. The pasta will cook in the oven after it is mixed with the rest of the ingredients so make sure it doesn’t overcook.
CRISPY CHEESY CHICKEN PARMESAN OVER SPAGHETTI - MY KITCHEN …
CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE WITH PASTA (QUICK & EASY DINNER …
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA BAKE - AVERIE COOKS
PARMESAN CHICKEN PASTA WITH MARINARA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
GARLIC CHICKEN PENNE PASTA WITH SPICY MARINARA - BERTOLLI
EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH HOMEMADE MARINARA - CHARISSE YU
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA SKILLET - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
ITALIAN CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE WITH SPAGHETTI AND RED MARINARA …
PARMESAN CHICKEN PASTA WITH MARINARA ALLRECIPES.COM RECIPE
BAKED CHICKEN MARINARA (5 INGREDIENTS) - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE - THE COUNTRY COOK
EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE | ITALIAN MARINARA CHICKEN …
EASY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
10 BEST CHICKEN MARINARA PASTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH RAO'S MARINARA SAUCE - SEASON & THYME
BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PARM …
RAO CHICKEN PARMESAN FROZEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
QUICK & EASY CHICKEN MARINARA WITH PASTA - PREGO® PASTA SAUCES
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH MARINARA SAUCE - DAMN FINE DISHES
CRISPY CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH MARINARA SAUCE - FOODLE CLUB
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA - QUICK AND DELICIOUS! - THE ANTHONY …
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA - DINNER AT THE ZOO
EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA BAKE RECIPE - WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA SKILLET (ONE POT) HOW TO VIDEO
CHICKEN PARMESAN MARINARA BAKE - RECIPES SIMPLE
CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE WITH EASY MARINARA - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH SPICY MARINARA - FELIX & GREG
ONE POT CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CHICKEN PARMESAN SPINACH PASTA BAKE - 365 DAYS OF BAKING
CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH MARINARA SAUCE
CHICKEN PARMESAN AND SPAGHETTI MARINARA - THERESCIPES.INFO
MARINARA CHICKEN PENNE PASTA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GRILLED CHICKEN MARINARA WITH PARMESAN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH PASTA MARINARA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHICKEN PARMESAN WITH SLOW COOKER MARINARA SAUCE - EVERYDAY …
PARMESAN CHICKEN PASTA WITH MARINARA - ITALIAN
You'll also love