- Heat stock in saucepan over medium heat; keep at a low simmer. Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots to oil, and cook, stirring, until translucent. Add rice, and cook, stirring, until rice begins to make a clicking sound like glass beads, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add wine to rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until wine is absorbed by rice.
- Using a ladle, add 3/4 cup hot stock to rice. Using a wooden spoon, stir rice constantly, at a moderate speed. Note: Stirring the rice too vigorously will make your risotto slightly gluey; stirring too little will make it watery. Rice should be only thinly veiled in liquid during the stirring process.
- When rice mixture is just thick enough to leave a clear wake behind the spoon, add another 3/4 cup stock.
- Continue adding stock 3/4 cup at a time and stirring constantly until rice is mostly translucent but still opaque in the center. Rice should be al dente but not crunchy. As rice nears doneness, watch carefully and add smaller amounts of liquid to make sure it does not overcook. The final mixture should be thick enough that grains of rice are suspended in liquid the consistency of heavy cream. It will thicken slightly when removed from heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, Parmesan cheese, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture among four shallow bowls, mounding risotto in the center, and grate or shave additional Parmesan over risotto. Serve immediately.
- Heat chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Keep hot during preparation.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots, and saute, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, 3-4 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the rice, and stir to coat. Cook rice, stirring frequently, until well coated and grains start to appear translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine, and stir constantly until it has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the hot stock, and cook, stirring constantly, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Then add hot stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is absorbed before adding the next (reserve about 1/2 cup for serving). Cook until rice is tender but still firm in the center (a total of 20-25 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in 2 t lemon zest, 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Add some of the remaining stock a little at a time to reach the desired consistency. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Risotto is a creamy Italian rice dish. In this version, the rice is briefly sauteed, then slowly cooked in wine and seasonings. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice and garlic; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. , Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender, about 20 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 728mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
EASY PARMESAN "RISOTTO"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente. Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt, and pepper, and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy. Add the peas and stir until heated through. Serve hot.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium ovenproof saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, and saute until translucent. Stir in the rice, and cook for one minute.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan, and bring to a boil. Cover, and transfer to the oven. Bake until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove from the oven, and stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 763, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 92 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 20 grams, SaturatedFat 20 grams, Sodium 974 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
HERB & PARMESAN RISOTTO
Once you master the basics of risotto, the combinations are only limited by your imagination. This basic version will have you well on your way
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring the stock to the boil and keep on a low simmer. In a separate pan, melt half the butter over a medium heat. Stir in the onions and sweat gently for 8-10 mins until soft but not coloured, stirring occasionally. Stir the rice into the onions until completely coated in the butter, then stir continuously until the rice is shiny and the edges of the grain start to look transparent.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until totally evaporated. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring with each addition until absorbed. Continue adding stock a ladleful at a time and stirring the rice over a low heat for 25-30 mins, until the rice is cooked al dente (with a slightly firm, starchy bite in the middle). The risotto should be creamy and slightly soupy. When you draw a wooden spoon through it, there should be a wake that holds for a few moments but not longer.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat, stir in the grated Parmesan, the remaining butter, half the oil and the chopped herbs, then season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and leave the risotto to rest for a few mins. Now make your herb salad. Roughly chop the chives, then mix with the whole herb leaves, remaining olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Give the risotto a final stir, then serve in bowls topped with some of the herb salad and some shaved Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 67 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.93 milligram of sodium
CREAMY PARMESAN RISOTTO
- Heat chicken stock in a medium saucepan. Keep hot during preparation.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots, and saute, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not brown. Add the rice, and stir to coat. Cook rice, stirring frequently, until well coated and grains start to appear translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the white wine, and stir constantly until it has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the hot stock, and cook, stirring constantly, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Then add hot stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is absorbed before adding the next (reserve about 1/2 cup stock for serving). Cook until rice is tender but still firm in the center (a total of 20 to 25 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in 2 teaspoons lemon zest, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Add some of the remaining stock a little at a time to reach desired consistency (it should be fairly loose). Serve immediately, garnished with additional lemon zest, if desired, and Parmesan cheese.
RISOTTO WITH TRUFFLE AND PARMESAN
I created this recipe because there is nothing quite like creamy, savory rice. It is so delicious and filling, it can be a meal in itself! You do need to tend to the stove for 30 minutes for stirring, but it is definitely worth the effort. I used regular milk (not cream) and it was absolutely heavenly and creamy! Serve as soon as possible (as it turns like glue if held too long!)
Provided by blondie5for5
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat chicken broth in a stockpot over medium-low heat until warmed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan; cook and stir onion in the melted butter-oil mixture until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add rice to onion mixture and stir to coat; cook and stir rice mixture until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour wine into rice mixture; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add 1 ladle of hot chicken broth to rice mixture, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed. Continue adding 1 ladle of broth at a time until rice is tender but firm to the bite, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons butter, truffle oil, Parmesan cheese, and milk into risotto until fully incorporated; season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 498.1 calories, Carbohydrate 60.5 g, Cholesterol 33.8 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 1126.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
RISOTTO WITH PARMESAN AND LEMON
In honor of our special Family issue, Food Network Magazine asked the kids of some Food Network stars to act as guest editors and share their favorite family dinners. Here's what Geoffrey Zakarian's daughter, Anna, had to say about this risotto dish: "Risotto is sort of our family tradition. It's so creamy, it melts in my mouth."
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and a touch of salt and cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until evaporated, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup simmering chicken stock to the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Repeat, adding the stock 1 cup at a time, until the rice is al dente and creamy in texture, about 20 minutes. (You might not use all of the stock.)
- When the rice is al dente, remove from the heat and stir in the cheese, chives and lemon juice. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Divide the risotto among shallow bowls. Drizzle with olive oil, top with the lemon zest and more chives, and season with salt and pepper.
EASY "ALMOST" PARMESAN RISOTTO
This rice is like the real risotto, but takes much less time to prepare, if you prefer it more cheesy taste then add in more Parmesan cheese, I advise that you really be careful when adding the salt as the Parmesan already has a lot of salt content, but load up on freshly ground black pepper, this rice will become a favorite of yours, it is so good --- this is not a recipe for a fluffy rice, it is more on the creamy style similar to risotto, I most always add about 1 heaping tablespoon of minced fresh garlic in with the chopped onion but that is optional, really you can add in whatever you like to this, I have even added in peas :)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories White Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the chopped onion and fresh garlic (if using); saute for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
- Add in the rice; cook/stir for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.6, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 30.2, Sodium 532, Carbohydrate 32.1, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.1, Protein 8.1
More about "parmesan risotto recipes"
TOMATO AND PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | EASY PARMESAN "RISOTTO" | RECIPES
CLASSIC PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
PARMESAN RISOTTO - EASY AND CREAMY! - THE SEASONED …
PARMESAN RISOTTO - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CREAMY PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | ITALIAN RECIPES | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
CHICKEN PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | WE ARE NOT MARTHA
BEST BAKED RISOTTO WITH LEMON, PEAS & PARMESAN RECIPE
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE (SO CREAMY!) | GRACE AND GOOD EATS
PARMESAN RISOTTO - MORE THAN MEAT AND POTATOES
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | TASTING TABLE
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE TO MAKE AT HOME - THE FOREIGN FORK
MARCELLA HAZAN'S PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | FRESH TASTES | PBS FOOD
THE BEST PARMESAN RISOTTO (CRAZY EASY) - MOMSDISH
HOW TO MAKE WORLD'S BEST PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - COOKING …
CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - KYLEE COOKS
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE BY STAR-CHEF RICCARDO CAMANINI
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE WITH HAM - THE HUNGRY BITES
PARMESAN RISOTTO - LOVE & GOOD STUFF
CLASSIC PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS INCORPORATED
CLASSIC PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - THE KITCHEN IS MY PLAYGROUND
CREAMY PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - FEMALE FOODIE
CREAMY PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - THE MOMMY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE
BEST EASY PARMESAN "RISOTTO" RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
CREAMY PAREMSAN RISOTTO - THE CHEESE KNEES
PROSECCO AND PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PARMESAN OVEN RISOTTO – SMITTEN KITCHEN
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
CREAMY PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
PESTO SHRIMP AND PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE – BOWLSUNSET.COM
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - PUREWOW
PARMESAN RISOTTO - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
PARMESAN RISOTTO - AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPES
PESTO SHRIMP AND PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - TOP FOOD RECIPE
PARMESAN RISOTTO - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
LEMONY RISOTTO WITH FENNEL AND PARMESAN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #rice #vegetables #cheese #stove-top #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #short-grain-rice #equipment
You'll also love