PASSOVER MARBLE CAKE
During Passover I always have a craving for cakes. Wonder why? Am always on the look-out for recipes meeting the requirements for this holiday. This cake is one I first made last year and certainly will make again.
Provided by Chef Dudo
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 10 inch bundt or tube cake pan.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed for 15 minutes.
- Add meal and potato starch.
- Beat on lowest speed until just mixed.
- Pour 3/4 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Add melted chocolate to the remaining 1/4 of the batter.
- Stir until evenly mixed.
- Spoon chocolate batter into pan and swirl through with a fork.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before inverting.
MARBLE CHIFFON CAKE
This confection's a real winner-in taste and in looks! It's impressive, but I think that anyone can prepare it, regardless of baking expertise. I'm the third generation in my family to make it.—LuAnn Heikkila, Floodwood, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Let eggs stand, separated, at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, melt unsweetened chocolate over low heat. Add 1/4 cup sugar and hot water; mix well and set aside. , In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining sugar. Whisk together the egg yolks, water, oil and vanilla; add to flour mixture and beat until moistened. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed; set aside. , In another large bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold a fourth of egg whites into the batter, then fold in remaining whites. Divide batter in half; gradually fold chocolate mixture into 1 portion. , Alternately spoon the plain and chocolate batters into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Swirl with a knife. Bake on the lowest rack at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert cake; cool completely. Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan; remove cake to serving plate. , For frosting, melt semisweet chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in cream and vanilla. Remove from the heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Immediately spoon over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, Fat 17g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 104mg cholesterol, Sodium 256mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
EASY PASSOVER CAKES
Passover, with its flour ban, creates difficulties for even the most adept of bakers, and many people crave inspiration. Here are a series of traditional cakes, along with some new, more tempting ideas.
Provided by Ruth Joseph
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 7-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine or butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Separate the eggs and beat in the yolks only. Sift in the cake meal, potato flour, and baking powder, and fold in carefully. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Add a spoonful of the egg white to the cake batter and mix in thoroughly. Now fold in the rest of the eggs whites, taking care not to knock out any air. Spoon the mixture into your prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and golden.
- After the cake has cooled, slice in half horizontally and spread the bottom half with jam. Replace the top half and sprinkle superfine sugar over the top.
PASSOVER SPONGE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cut parchment paper to line the bottom of a 10 inch tube pan. Do not grease the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg yolks until light. Gradually add 1 cup sugar and orange zest; continue whipping until thick and pale, about 7 minutes. Sift together the matzo cake meal and potato starch; set aside. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, continuing to beat until whites form stiff peaks. Fold the dry ingredients into the yolk mixture alternately with the juice. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake springs back to the touch. Invert onto a wire rack to cool. Run a knife around the sides of the cake before removing from the pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.7 calories, Carbohydrate 27.8 g, Cholesterol 117.1 mg, Fat 2.6 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 36.6 mg, Sugar 21.9 g
More about "passover marble cake recipes"
THE BEST KOSHER FOR PASSOVER DESSERTS RECIPES - ELANA'S PANTRY
PASSOVER POUND CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PARVE MARBLE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS - ROLLED IN DOUGH
PASSOVER - THE KOSHER BAKER
SEPHARDIC PASSOVER WALNUT CAKE - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
PASSOVER MARBLE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | MARBLE CAKE …
THE ABSOLUTE BEST CAKES TO MAKE FOR PASSOVER | THE NOSHER
8 PASSOVER CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PASSOVER VIENNESE CRUNCH MARBLE CAKE | CHICK IN THE KITCHEN
KOSHER FOR PASSOVER CHOCOLATE COVERED MARBLE CAKE BITES
QUICK & EASY PASSOVER MARBLE CAKE RECIPES - KOSHER KINGDOM
PASSOVER MARBLE CAKE RECIPE
LIGHT AND FLUFFY 1 BOWL MARBLE CAKE – KOSHER FROM JERUSALEM
PASSOVER SPONGE CAKE - CAKES - KOSHER RECIPE
PASSOVER DESSERTS – PAGE 4 – PASSOVER.COM
HOMEMADE MARBLE CAKE RECIPE - TORIAVEY.COM
JULIE WEISEMAN’S PASSOVER MARBLE CAKE - GOURMANIA
MARBLE CAKE | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
THE PERFECT PASSOVER CAKE, BY LEAH KOENIG - YOUTUBE
57 EASY PASSOVER RECIPES FOR NEWBIES! - KOSHER.COM
MARBLE CAKE | KOSHER AND JEWISH RECIPES
OUR FAVORITE PASSOVER CAKE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
THESE PASSOVER CAKES WILL MAKE YOUR HOLIDAY: RECIPES FOR …
PASSOVER CHOCOLATE CAKE - THE TASTE OF KOSHER
PASSOVER APPLE CAKE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
PASSOVER VIENNESE CRUNCH MARBLE CAKE | CHICK IN THE KITCHEN
PASSOVER RECIPES - RENANAS.KITCHEN
PASSOVER MARBLE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | MARBLE CAKE, …
10 BEST PASSOVER CAKE MEAL RECIPES | YUMMLY
PASSOVER MARBLE CAKE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
MARBLE SPONGE CAKE PASSOVER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PASSOVER SPONGE CAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH - THERESCIPES.INFO
51 BEST PASSOVER DESSERT RECIPES TO END YOUR SEDER ON A
OUR 105 BEST PASSOVER RECIPES OF ALL TIME
PASSOVER RECIPES - PINTEREST.CA
10 BEST POTATO STARCH CAKE PASSOVER RECIPES | YUMMLY
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #breads #eggs-dairy #easy #holiday-event #kosher #coffee-cakes #eggs #dietary #low-sodium #passover #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love