SAUSAGE, BEAN AND PASTA STEW
Two secret ingredients do double-duty in this sausage stew: fire- roasted canned tomatoes boost the flavor and add smoky backbone, while a Parmesan rind-which you can get on its own in many supermarkets-adds a savory, just-slightly-cheesy note and tons of body.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Spread the onions over the bottom of a 5 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker and top with the carrots, garlic, white beans, thyme bundle and sausage links. Mix the diced tomatoes with the broth and 3 cups water and pour over the sausages. Add the Parmesan rind if using.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours; the beans will be tender and begin to fall apart.
- Uncover the slow cooker, remove and discard the thyme bundle and Parmesan rind and transfer the sausage links to a cutting board. Stir the pasta into the stew and continue to cook, covered, until the pasta is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Cut the sausages into bite-size pieces and stir into the stew along with the parsley and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with grated Parmesan on the side for sprinkling on top and crusty bread for soaking up the broth.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BEAN SOUP
The unusual blend of sausage and beans with coleslaw makes this soup for a cold winter night the definition of complete comfort food. The recipe doubles easily, so serve a crowd and pair with crusty bread and a tossed salad. -Stacey Bennett, Locust Grove, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, 16-20 minutes.
PASTA, SAUSAGE AND BEAN SOUP
- Heat oil in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausages and sauté until beginning to brown, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, rosemary, crushed red pepper and sage. Sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes with their juices and beans. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender and flavors blend, about 20 minutes.
- Add macaroni to soup and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
SAUSAGE, PASTA & BEAN SOUP
I made up this recipe and hope you like it as much as we did. I used a spicy cajun andoulle sausage but you could use your favorite.
Provided by Lunchmeat
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In large skillet, combine sausage, onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Put into large soup pot and add remaining ingredients except pasta, beans and zucchini. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add pasta, beans and zucchini and simmer another 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender.
SAUSAGE AND BEAN SOUP
There are American, Hungarian, French, Portuguese, African and Scandinavian variations of the story of Stone Soup--a parable that teaches how each of us can contribute a little to the whole, which then becomes something much greater than the sum of its parts. So many different cultures telling a similar story of neighborliness and gathering around a pot of soup is a lesson in and of itself. Think of all the people in your community right now with whom you could share this wonderful recipe.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened--about 3 minutes. Add sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until browned--about 5 minutes. Add stock, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add garlic, bay leaves, carrots, celery, potato, zucchini, beans, parsley and cheese rind. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes; the stock will slightly thicken. Remove and discard bay leaves and cheese rind.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Place 1/2 cup of pasta in each soup bowl and ladle soup over pasta. Serve with cheese.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PASTA SOUP
- Cook Italian sausage and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and crumbly and onion is soft and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, pasta, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add ricotta cheese and cook until ricotta is fully incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil.
This is a good soup for our area since we have many good sausage makers. The soup has a rich flavor and is even tastier the next day. If you are unable to find bow tie pasta, you can substitute another macaroni product.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Remove casings from sausage; cut into 1-in. pieces. In a Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Return sausage to the pan; stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
PASTA BEAN SOUP
A quick and easy soup for a snowy day. Most of the ingredients are in your pantry. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and serve with a hearty bread.
Provided by RAGTIMEWALTZER
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat; cook and stir sausage and garlic in the hot oil until sausage is crumbly and evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Mix tomatoes, navy beans, beef stock, chicken stock, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes into sausage mixture; bring to a boil. Add spinach and ditalini pasta and simmer until pasta is tender but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
CAMPANELLE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND BEANS
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut off and discard top of garlic head to expose cloves, then wrap head in foil and roast in middle of oven until cloves are tender, about 45 minutes. Open foil carefully and cool to warm. Squeeze garlic from skins into a small bowl, then mash to a paste with a fork.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook sausage, stirring and breaking up large pieces, until browned, about 4 minutes. Add sliced garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot is pale golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans, garlic paste, and stock and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced by half, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander. Toss pasta with sausage mixture, parsley, basil, cheese, and salt to taste in a large bowl (or in pasta pot) until combined well. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
People also searched
More about "pasta sausage and bean soup recipes"
SOUP FROM THE PANTRY (RECIPE: SAUSAGE, BEAN & PASTA SOUP ...
2012-02-27 · In a large saucepan set over medium heat, heat a drizzle of oil and sauté the sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is browned. Add the onion and garlic …
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat, heat a drizzle of oil and sauté the sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is browned.
ITALIAN PASTA AND BEAN SOUP WITH CHICKEN SAUSAGE | RECIPES ...
Packed with beans, sausage, and spaghetti, this soup delivers a big hearty taste in under 30 minutes. Pureeing half of the beans creates a creamy texture without any cream, while still giving you plenty of beans to bite into. Sage has a strong, distinct flavor and an aromatic quality that shines in this soup…
- Coat bottom of a large soup pot with cooking spray. Add oil; heat over medium heat. Add sage and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until sausage starts to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pureed beans, whole beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, broth, salt and pepper to pot. Bring soup to a boil; stir in spaghetti. Continue cooking soup according to time specified by pasta manufacturer.
SAUSAGE, GREENS, AND BEANS PASTA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
2016-09-20 · Step 5. Using a spider or a slotted spoon, transfer pasta to pot with chickpeas and add escarole and 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Cook, tossing often, until escarole is wilted, pasta …
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium-high. Fry rosemary, turning, until crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Add sausage to same pot and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon and stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 8–10 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add chickpeas to pot and cook, tossing occasionally and mashing some chickpeas with spoon, until browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Transfer about half of chickpeas to plate with sausage. Add wine to pot, bring to a boil, and cook until liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions.
PASTA AND BEAN SOUP WHEN IN A HURRY - LIDIA
Pasta e fagioli, made the traditional way with dried beans, takes about 3 hours to cook. This delicious version is made in just 30 minutes. The beans used here are canned cooked beans, and you can either pass all the beans through a food mill or leave half of them whole to create more texture in the soup. This recipe …
See details »
SAUSAGE BEAN SOUP WITH PASTA - PURA VIDA MOMS
2020-10-28 · Heat skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent stirring occasionally. Add sausage and brown, breaking apart into small chunks. Add …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PASTA SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2004-05-24 · Add carrots, onion, and garlic; stir often until onion is limp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes (including juice), beans, and basil and bring to a boil. Step 3 Add pasta, reduce heat, and …
- Squeeze sausages from casings into an 8- to 10-quart pan over high heat and stir often, breaking them apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Spoon out and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
- Add carrots, onion, and garlic; stir often until onion is limp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes (including juice), beans, and basil and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until pasta is just tender to bite, about 10 minutes. Skim and discard fat. Stir in spinach and cook just until it is wilted, about 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup from the pan, or pour into a tureen. Offer parmesan cheese to add to taste.
PASTA SOUP - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS - CROCK POT RECIPE
2020-02-10 · Brown sausage and onion with basil and garlic in a skillet. Drain and pour into crock pot. Add all other ingredients except the pasta. Cook on low for seven to eight hours or high for 4 or 5 hours.
- Brown sausage and onion with basil and garlic in a skillet. Drain and pour into crock pot. Add all other ingredients except the pasta
- Cook on low for seven to eight hours or high for 4 or 5 hours. About an hour before soup finishes cooking, add pasta. This could be made on top of the stove as well. Just cook in large pot until beans are tender. Then add pasta or shells about the last 20 minutes.
VEGAN ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA SOUP | A VIRTUAL VEGAN
2020-01-16 · Add the oil to a large soup pan or Dutch Oven (the pan needs to hold 6 quarts / 5.5 litres or more to make this soup comfortably), and warm over a medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for …
- Add the oil to a large soup pan or Dutch Oven (the pan needs to hold 6 quarts / 5.5 litres or more to make this soup comfortably), and warm over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes or until turning golden. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the herbs and flour, stir well and cook for about a minute. Add the salt, pepper and tomato paste and stir well again. it will be really thick and lumpy looking. Gradually add the stock about a cup at a time, stirring between each addition to work out any lumps. Then add the water all at once. It seems like a lot of liquid but don't worry. It's how it's supposed to be for now.
- Bring to a simmer stirring frequently. It will start to thicken a little but still be very liquidy. Once simmering add the dried pasta, kale, sliced sausages, sugar and coconut milk. Be sure to add the coconut milk last as the other ingredients will drop the temperature a little and prevent it curdling.
WHITE BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP WITH PASTA | SOUTHERN LIVING
2020-09-15 · Use your favorite smoked sausage if you wish, but you may have a bit more grease in the pan than if you used turkey. Brown the sausage and onions, then add garlic, rosemary, seasonings, …
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add smoked turkey kielbasa, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add beans, broth, and bay leaf.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add in uncooked ditalini pasta to simmering mixture and continue to cook for 7 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Stir in chard. Cook, stirring often, until wilted and slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan.
PASTA E FAGIOLI (OLIVE GARDEN SOUP RECIPE)
2020-10-26 · Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and cook until browned. Transfer the cooked beef to the slow cooker. Add the garlic and …
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large soup pot or dutch oven and heat over medium high heat. Once heated, add the ground beef and cook until browned (about 6-7 minutes) breaking into crumbles as it cooks. Drain the excess fat, transfer to a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and cook until browned. Transfer the cooked beef to the slow cooker
SAUSAGE, SPINACH, AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2003-10-17 · Brown sausage in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Step 2 Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and sauté 2 minutes. Add …
- Brown sausage in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and sauté 2 minutes. Add spinach, and sauté 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Stir in beans, and cook 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add butter, cheese, tomato, and 1 tablespoon parsley. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle each serving evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
SLOW COOKER SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE, PASTA AND BEAN SOUP ...
2019-12-27 · The beauty of this Spicy Crock Pot Sausage, Bean And Pasta Soup Recipe is it can be adapted so easily. If you don’t like spicy food, just leave out the peppers, sriracha and pepper flakes. You can also make it a taco soup and add canned or frozen corn and some tomatoes. Or, do like I do, and see what you have in the pantry and have fun! Seriously, you cannot mess this recipe up! Serve it ...
PASTA, SAUSAGE & BEAN SOUP (A CURVES RECIPE) | SCHOOLING ...
2015-07-14 · Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and saute until beginning to brown, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Dice onion, carrots, and celery and minced garlic. Add chopped vegetables, garlic, basil, rosemary and crushed red pepper.
10 BEST BOWTIE PASTA SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
The Best Bowtie Pasta Soup Recipes on Yummly | Meatball Pasta Soup, Saucy Sausage Pasta Soup, Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Soup. ... olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, fresh green beans, bow-tie pasta and 10 more. White Bean Minestrone Soup Confessions of a Mother Runner. oregano, garlic cloves, diced tomatoes, carrot, celery, basil and 8 more . Italian Bowtie Meatball Stew Southern Plate ...
See details »
HOW TO COOK BEAN SOUP WITH BACON, SAUSAGE AND GARLIC - RECIPE
2021-08-08 · Required products:. 500 grams beans 150 grams bacon 2 onions 2 sweet peppers 1 tablespoon flour 1 tablespoon ground red pepper 250 grams suitable sausage of your choice a
See details »
SAUSAGE PASTA AND COLLARD GREEN SOUP RECIPES
Steps: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and saute until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine browned sausage, chicken broth, collard greens, beans, diced tomatoes with chiles, soup mix, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a large pot.
See details »
SAUSAGE AND BEAN SOUP WITH PASTA - RECIPE FLOW
Sausage and Bean Soup With Pasta. Food Ingredients: 1 cup dried cannellini beans or 1 15-ounce can, drained 1 pound ground sausage, turkey or pork 1/2 medium onion, diced 1/2 medium carrot, diced 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 garlic cloves, minced 15 ounces can diced tomatoes 6 cups to 8 chicken broth 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1 bay leaf salt and pepper 1 cup ditalini pasta, or any small pasta grated ...
See details »