PASTA WITH ARUGULA AND TOMATOES
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook garlic until translucent and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes. Increase heat, cook, and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat and mix in arugula. Mix in cooked spaghetti and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.3 calories, Carbohydrate 76.8 g, Cholesterol 2.9 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 15.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 130.5 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
ORECCHIETTE WITH CHERRY TOMATOES AND ARUGULA
Orecchiette are formed by kneading the dough, letting it rest, then breaking off portions to roll by hand into long skinny ropes. These are cut into pieces, formed into rounds and given the classic cup shape between the index finger and thumb, then flipped inside-out to expose the slightly more textured surface that will "grab" the sauce.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, easy, quick, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Start bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons oil on medium-low in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and allow to cook 10 minutes, until oil is fragrant but garlic has not browned. Remove garlic (save for another use). When water boils, stir in pasta.
- Add tomatoes to oil in sauté pan, increase heat to medium-high and, when tomatoes start to shrivel and collapse, reduce heat to low and cook until softened but not shapeless, about 5 minutes. Stir a couple of times. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Drain pasta and add to tomatoes, folding both together. Add some pasta water if needed for moistening. Fold in arugula and remaining oil. When arugula has just wilted, season dish with salt and pepper. Serve with a dusting of cheese.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 532, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 71 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 628 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
PASTA WITH CHERRY TOMATOES AND ARUGULA
This simple, glorious dish, popular in the southern Italian region of Puglia, is an argument for keeping cherry tomato plants in your garden or on your fire escape. Uncooked tomato sauce is juicy and cool on a summer evening. The recipe asks only that you halve the tomatoes (quarter them if they are particularly large), then combine them with garlic, salt, balsamic vinegar, arugula, basil and olive oil. Toss that with cooked pasta, and shower with salty, firm shavings of ricotta salata. Arugula adds wonderful flavor (all the more if you can find peppery wild arugula) and a nutritional punch.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt, balsamic vinegar, arugula, basil, and olive oil in a wide bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a generous amount of salt and the pasta. Cook al dente, until the pasta is firm to the bite. Drain, toss with the tomatoes, sprinkle on the cheese, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 421, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 68 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 448 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
PASTA WITH SHRIMP, TOMATO, AND ARUGULA
- In a heavy skillet heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking, in it sauté the shrimp, the garlic, and the pepper flakes, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and almost cooked through, and transfer the shrimp with a slotted spoon to a bowl. To the skillet add the onion, the tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring, until the vegetables are softened. Add the wine and boil the mixture until the wine is reduced by half. Add the broth, boil the mixture until the liquid is reduced by half, and stir in the cream. Simmer the sauce until it is thickened slightly, stir in the arugula and the shrimp, and simmer the sauce for 1 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through. Stir in the parsley and salt and pepper to taste and keep the sauce warm, covered. In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the pasta until it is al dente, drain it well, and in a bowl toss it with the sauce.
TAGLIATELLE WITH BACON, BURST CHERRY TOMATOES AND ARUGULA
- Coat a large wide pan with olive oil. Toss in the bacon, garlic and red pepper; bring to medium-high heat. When the garlic turns golden and is very aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes, remove it from the pan and ditch it -- it has fulfilled its garlic destiny. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and roll them around until coated. Add 1 cup of the stock, season with salt, reduce the heat to medium and let the tomatoes cook until they start to burst, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it's tender but toothsome.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the veggies along with about 1/2 cup reserved cooking water; toss vigorously to combine. Remove the pan from the heat, toss in the arugula, drizzle with the big fat finishing oil and sprinkle with Parmigiano. Serve immediately.
- Put the all-purpose flour on a clean, dry work surface. Make a hole (this is also called a well) in the center of the flour pile that is about 8 inches wide (bigger is definitely better here). Crack all of the eggs and the yolk into the hole and add the olive oil, water and salt.
- Using a fork, beat the eggs together with the olive oil, water and salt. Using the fork, begin to incorporate the flour into the egg mixture; be careful not to break the sides of the well or the egg mixture will run all over your board and you will have a big mess! Also, don't worry about the lumps. When enough flour has been incorporated into the egg mixture that it will not run all over the place when the sides of the well are broken, begin to use your hands to really get everything well combined. If the mixture is tight and dry, wet your hands and begin kneading with wet hands. When the mixture has really come together to a homogeneous mixture, THEN you can start kneading.
- When kneading it is VERY important to put your body weight into it, get on top of the dough to really stretch it and not tear the dough. Using the heels of your palms, roll the dough to create a very smooooooth, supple dough. When done, the dough should look VERY smooth and feel almost velvety. Kneading will usually take from 8 to 10 minutes for an experienced kneader and 10 to 15 for an inexperienced kneader. Put your body weight into it, you need to knead! This is where the perfect, toothsome texture of your pasta is formed. Get in there and have fun!
- When the pasta has been kneaded to the perfect consistency, wrap it in plastic and let rest for at least 1 hour. If using immediately do not refrigerate.
- Roll and cut the pasta into desired shape. How smooth and supple!
PASTA WITH CHERRY TOMATOES AND ARUGULA
- 1. Combine the cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt, balsamic vinegar, arugula, basil, and olive oil in a wide bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. 2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a generous amount of salt and the pasta. Cook al dente, until the pasta is firm to the bite. Drain, toss with the tomatoes, sprinkle on the cheese, and serve.
More about "pasta with cherry tomatoes and arugula recipes"
SIMPLE SPAGHETTI RECIPE WITH TOMATOES AND ARUGULA - MAKE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Combine the halved fresh tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, fresh arugula, olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper (not a lot of salt because the balsamic vinegar is already quite salty) Give a good toss and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add some salt and the spaghetti pasta, without breaking them. Cook as per pack instructions, around 8=9 minutes till al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta, and add it to a large serving bowl. Add tomato and arugula mixture and toss to combine well.
FARFALLE PASTA WITH FRESH SPINACH, ARUGULA, TOMATOES, FETA ...
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Cook pasta in heavily salted water (my Italian friends tell me this is the secret to really good pasta) for the recommended time on pasta package. (read steps 3 &4 before discarding water)
- Before draining the pasta, take 1/4 cup of the cooking water and pour it over the spinach/arugula/feta. Spinach and arugula will wilt slightly and cheese will get soft.
PAPPARDELLE PASTA WITH ARUGULA AND CHERRY TOMATOES | FROM ...
See details »
PASTA WITH CHERRY TOMATOES AND ARUGULA RECIPE | EAT ...
See details »
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP, ARUGULA, & CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Calories 226 per servingServings 8
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over shrimp. Place shrimp on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done. Cool completely. Combine shrimp, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well; cool. Add pasta, arugula, and oil to shrimp mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wine note: The arugula's light peppery bite, the tomatoes' acidity, and the brininess of the niçoise olives all call for a simple, crisp, bone-dry white wine that will act as a between-bite refresher. Italy is full of such wines. For one that's packed with personality, you can try Terruzi e Puthod's Terre di Tufo 2005, a vernaccia-chardonnay blend from Tuscany (about $24). -Karen MacNeil
PENNE WITH ROASTED TOMATOES - FEELGOODFOODIE
5/5 (4)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Toss cherry tomatoes, half the olive oil, garlic, basil, crushed red pepper, and salt/pepper and bake at 475F for 20 minutes, stirring 2-3 times
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and add to a bowl with the other remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Toss the cooked tomatoes with their juices with the pasta. Then add arugula, feta cheese and lemon zest.
AVOCADO CREAM PASTA WITH ARUGULA AND ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES
3.6/5 (122)Total Time 25 minsCategory Entrées See details »
SUMMER PAPPARDELLE & TOMATOES, ARUGULA, & PARMESAN RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (6)Calories 388 per servingServings 4
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Add tomatoes; cook 45 seconds or just until heated, stirring gently. Remove the skillet from heat; stir in lemon juice and salt. Combine the hot pasta, arugula, and warm tomato mixture in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Top with cheese and bacon.
PESTO PASTA WITH GRILLED CHICKEN, CHERRY TOMATOES AND ARUGULA
Ratings 2Calories 717 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a food processor or blender combine the fresh basil, almonds, Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese, pressed garlic clove and the juice of one lemon. Process until smooth. With the motor of the food processor still running pour in the olive oil through a chute and process for 10-20 seconds longer. Turn the food processor off and taste the pesto, add a pinch of salt if necessary.
- While the pasta is cooking, preheat the grill and grill the chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper and dried basil for 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the breast. Remove to a separate plate and keep warm.
- A couple minute before the pasta is fully cooked, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan, then saute sliced garlic cloves over low heat for 10-20 seconds. Do not allow the garlic to brown, then add cherry tomatoes and arugula and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
TOMATO BOCCONCINI PASTA - ART AND THE KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Lunch, Main CourseCalories 415 per serving See details »
ARUGULA PESTO PASTA & BLISTERED TOMATOES - NO SPOON NECESSARY
5/5 (17)Calories 817 per servingCategory Entree, Main Course
- Make the Arugula-Pesto: In the bowl of a food processor, combine the garlic and pine nuts. Process until finely chopped. Add the arugula, pecorino and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until coarsely chopped.
- With the processor running, slowly add in the olive oil in a steady stream. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss pasta: Add the arugula pesto to bowl with pasta along with 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Toss to coat, adding more water as necessary to create a silky sauce.
PASTA RISOTTO ( PASTASOTTO) WITH ARUGULA AND CHERRY TOMATOES
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 359 per serving
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Cook onions for about 1 minutes, then add raw pasta and cook 30 seconds without browning them.
- Deglaze the skillet with wine and add tomato passata. Add stock, one cup at a time, until the liquid is almost evaporated. Be gentle with the pasta and try not to break the penne noodles.
- When pasta is cooked through (you'll need to taste them), add arugula, cherry tomatoes and mix to combine. Sprinkle with feta and serve immediately.
CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND ARUGULA - DELISH D'LITES
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main CourseServings 4
- Prepare the pasta per package instructions, but cook it for 8 minutes instead of 11, since you're gonna finish cooking the pasta in the garlic cream sauce. Once the pasta is done, drain it and set it aside (don't rinse!)
- In a large sauce pan, add the olive oil and sliced garlic. Cook on medium low heat, until the garlic is fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then add the shrimp to the pan with the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp just turns pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS, CHERRY TOMATOES AND ARUGULA ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 591 per serving See details »
13 CHERRY TOMATO PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Mary Claire Lagroue See details »
SPICY LOBSTER PASTA WITH ARUGULA AND CHERRY TOMATOES
5/5 (1)Servings 4 See details »
PASTA WITH HAM, CHERRY TOMATOES & ARUGULA
Reviews 3Estimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
COLD PESTO PASTA SALAD RECIPES / GET RECIPE INGREDIENTS ...
See details »
PASTA WITH TOMATO SPINACH BASIL AND BRIE : VIEW COOKING ...
See details »
CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE CANNING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
See details »
8 BEST PASTA WITH ARUGULA : ARUGULA
See details »
PASTA WITH CHERRY TOMATOES AND ARUGULA RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make arugula with cherry tomatoes and garlic?Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook garlic until translucent and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes. Increase heat, cook, and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove skillet from heat and mix in arugula.
How to make Spaghetti with arugula and tomatoes?Add cherry tomatoes. Increase heat, cook, and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove skillet from heat and mix in arugula. Mix in cooked spaghetti and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
What kind of pasta can you make with cherry tomatoes?Bursting with bright, sweet flavor, cherry tomatoes add a summery spin to any pasta dish. These recipes come together easily with fresh (and often few) ingredients. Our picks include Baked Feta Pasta; Shrimp Scampi with Tomatoes, Pasta, and Roasted Asparagus; Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Angel Hair; and more.
How long to roast cherry tomatoes for pasta?Roast cherry tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper for 25 to 30 minutes, and you end up with a simple but sensational alternative to sauce. Perfect for last-minute dinners, our Easy Feta Tomato Pasta comes together in just 20 minutes and calls for only six ingredients.