MANGO LASSI RECIPE
Mango Lassi, an all time Indian favorite summer drink is a creamy, thick, refreshing and delicious variation of lassi. Make this easy Mango Lassi recipe in less than 15 minutes with ripe mangoes, yogurt and your choice of flavorings - cardamom, saffron or rose water.
Provided by Dassana Amit
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Rinse, peel and chop the mangoes.
- In a blender or mixer, puree the mangoes with sugar or honey, cardamom powder or saffron or rose water.
- Make a smooth puree without any finer chunks of mangoes in it.
- Add the chilled curd (yogurt) and light cream. Adding light cream is optional
- Add ice cubes. This is also optional.
- Blend until all the ingredients are mixed well, evenly and the yogurt has become smooth.
- if you prefer a slightly thin consistency add some milk or water while blending. Taste mango lassi and add a few teaspoons of sugar if it tastes slightly tangy or sour. Blend again.
- Pour in glasses and serve straightaway.
- Enjoy Mango Lassi as is or choose to top or garnish with herbs or nuts. For herbs, mint leaves are the best flavor pairing with both mangoes and yogurt. You can top the lassi with some chopped mango cubes.
- Top with almond slivers, pistachio slivers or chopped cashews to add some crunch in your lassi.
- Chocolate shavings or grated chocolate also make for a great topping option.
- A topping of lightly sweetened whipped cream also tastes good.
- If you make a large batch of this recipe, store any leftovers in your refrigerator. It keeps well for 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- You can choose to freeze the mango lassi in ice trays or popsicle moulds to be enjoyed later as a frozen mango-yogurt dessert.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 kcal, Carbohydrate 41 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 32 mg, Sodium 80 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 39 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MANGO LASSI RECIPE
Mango lassi, a popular creamy Indian drink made with ripe sweet mangoes, yogurt, cardamoms and a sweetener. Garnished with sliced nuts and saffron, this is best served chilled.
Provided by Swasthi
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Skip this step is using canned mango pulp. Rinse the mangoes and chill them for a few hours. Peel and cube them. This keeps your mango lassi cold after blending.
- To a blender jar, add mangoes, yogurt, milk (or water or ice), cardamom powder and sugar.
- Blend until the mango lassi is super smooth. It should be thick yet of pouring consistency.
- Taste test and add more sugar if you want it sweeter or more milk or ice if you prefer it thinner. If you want more mango flavor, add more mangoes and a splash of water.
- Pour Mango Lassi to serving glasses. If you prefer it colder, refrigerate it for an hour.
- Garnish with sliced pistachios or with saffron.
- Add ½ cup chilled mango pulp (or puree), ½ cup cold Greek yogurt, ¼ cup cold milk, 2 tbps sugar, a pinch of cardamom powder and 1 to 2 ice cubes to a mason jar.
- Whisk it very well until mixed. Or Secure the lid tightly and shake the jar for 2 mins just until combined. Serve mango lassi immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 13 g, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 11 mg, Sodium 64 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 30 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MY MANGO LASSI
Mango lassi is very rich and luxurious drink with yogurt and mangoes. It is the perfect summer drink when served chilled.
Provided by pshinde2109
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian Indian
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine mangos, yogurt, milk, cream, confectioners' sugar, and cardamom in a blender; blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.9 calories, Carbohydrate 23.9 g, Cholesterol 36.3 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 159.5 mg, Sugar 23.1 g
- Add ingredients to the blender: Put the mango, yogurt, milk, honey (or sugar), and cardamom into a blender and blend for 2 minutes. If you want a more milkshake-like consistency and it's a hot day, either blend in some ice as well or serve over ice cubes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cardamom: Pour contents into a glass and sprinkle with a tiny pinch of ground cardamom to serve. The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Links: Turmeric Mango Lassi from Local Haven
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195 kcal, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 12 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 109 mg, Sugar 34 g, Fat 3 g, ServingSize Makes about 2 cups, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 Mango Lassi
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Puree 1 cup frozen mango chunks, 1 cup mango nectar, 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom and a small pinch of salt in a blender until smooth.
This Indian drink is like a mango milkshake and is delicious.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 2 minutes, then pour into individual glasses, and serve. Feel free to try salt and cardamom seeds. The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
On the hottest days, Indians forgo iced tea ("too American") for fresh limeade and perhaps mango lassi, which combines fresh mango with yogurt and cardamom. This recipe comes from the cookbook author Madhur Jaffrey, who said, "Mangoes are supposed to be good for the eyes." This recipe calls for fresh or canned mango pulp. Ratnagiri Alphonso mango pulp, available in Indian shops in New York City and online, is what Ms. Jaffrey recommends.
Provided by Elaine Louie
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Add sugar to taste. Garnish with a pinch of ground cardamom seeds. A few extra ice cubes may be added when serving.
Categories Milk/Cream Blender Fruit Dessert No-Cook Quick & Easy Mango Summer Healthy Gourmet Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Purée mango with sugar in a blender until smooth. Add buttermilk and blend well. Force through a very fine sieve into a large glass measure. Serve lassi over ice in tall glasses.
Learn how to make mango lassi, the perfect summer drink any mango lover will love. Mango lassi is a sweet and refreshing treat only needs 6 ingredients! -Namrata Telugu, Terre Haute, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, mango, ice, sugar, mint leaves and cardamom pods if desired. Cover and process for 30-60 seconds or until blended. Pour into two chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 73mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (48g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
Provided by Rebecca Miller French
Yield Makes 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Purée the mango with the yogurt and sugar in a blender. Add the milk, lemon juice, and sorbet and blend until smooth. Add 1/3 cup cold water and the ice and blend to the desired consistency. Pour into a tall glass or two small glasses. Serve with a straw.
MANGO LASSI CHEESECAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
We took everything you love about the classic Indian drink and created a beautiful creamy no-bake dessert. Layers of pistachio crust, cheesecake, mango jelly, and saffron whipped cream make every bite better than the first. Can't get your hands on fresh mango? You can substitute it with frozen or thawed mango.
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Make the crust: Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch (20 cm) round springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the pistachios to a food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground, 20-30 seconds. Add the graham crackers and pulse for 30-40 seconds, until finely crushed. Add the melted butter, granulated sugar, and cardamom and pulse until evenly combined.
- Transfer the crust mixture to the prepared pan and use a spatula or measuring cup to press evenly against the bottom. Clean the food processor bowl and blade.
- Make the mango purée: Add the mango to the food processor. Purée until completely smooth, 2-3 minutes. Transfer the purée to a medium bowl. You should have about 2 cups.
- Make the mango lassi cheesecake layer: In a small bowl, combine the cold water and gelatin, stirring with a fork to dissolve and break up any clumps. Let the gelatin bloom for 5 minutes, until the water is mostly absorbed. Microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until the gelatin is melted.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and lemon juice with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the melted gelatin and Greek yogurt and beat for another 2-3 minutes, until well combined and fluffy. Add 1 cup of the mango purée and mix until smooth and distributed, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Pour the mango lassi layer over the crust. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Make the mango jelly layer: In a medium bowl, combine the cold water and gelatin, stirring with a fork to dissolve and break up any clumps. Let the gelatin bloom for 5 minutes, until the water is mostly absorbed. Microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until the gelatin is melted.
- Add the hot water and granulated sugar to the melted gelatin and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Slowly stream in 1 cup of mango purée, stirring continuously, until completely combined.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator. Hold a large spoon about 2 inches above the center of the cheesecake with the back side facing up. Slowly pour the mango purée layer over the back of the spoon so that it gently falls over the mango lassi layer.
- Carefully return the cheesecake to the refrigerator. Chill at least 6 hours, or overnight, until set.
- Make the saffron whipped cream: Combine ½ cup of heavy cream and the saffron threads in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Steep for 3-4 minutes, until the cream is bubbling around the edges of the pot. Transfer to a medium bowl, stir in the remaining cup of heavy cream, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour, until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, beat the saffron cream with an electric hand mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, until medium peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and mix until just combined.
- Once the cheesecake has set, remove from the refrigerator. Dollop the saffron whipped cream onto the center of the cheesecake and use a spoon to spread to about 1 inch from the edges. Use the back of the spoon to create divots and peaks in the whipped cream. Scatter the cubed mango evenly over the whipped cream and sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the cheesecake into 12 pieces, wiping the blade clean with a wet cloth after each cut.
Blitz up mangoes with yogurt, cardamom, lime and honey and you have the most delicious lassi drink - a bit like a smoothie and great for breakfast
Provided by Elena Silcock
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put all the ingredients apart from the lime juice in a food processor and blitz. Add the lime juice along with a pinch of salt, to taste, if the cardamom isn't strong enough then add a little more, then pour into glasses with some ice cubes and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 20 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
More about "mango lassi recipes"
THE BEST MANGO LASSI RECIPE (5 MINUTES, 5 INGREDIENTS)
FRESH MANGO LASSI RECIPE (STEP BY STEP) - SPOONS OF FLAVOR
ICE COLD MANGO LASSI - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
EASY MANGO LASSI RECIPE • MOCKTAILS AND MORE
SWEET AND SALTY MANGO LASSI RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MANGO LASSI RECIPE - JOYFUL BELLY SCHOOL OF AYURVEDA
MANGO LASSI | #SHORTS | #YTSHORTS | MANGO LASSI RECIPE
THE BEST MANGO LASSI RECIPE (RESTAURANT-STYLE) - TEA FOR TURMERIC
THE BEST RESTAURANT-STYLE INDIAN MANGO LASSI - MASALA AND CHAI
10 RICH AND FLAVORFUL LASSI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MANGO LASSI | RICARDO
REFRESHING MANGO LASSI RECIPE - (EASY AND QUICK TO MAKE!)
MANGO LASSI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MANGO LASSI RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
EASY MANGO LASSI | BEST HOMEMADE RECIPE - MINISTRY OF CURRY
MANGO LASSI (INDIAN MANGO SMOOTHIE) - SPICE CRAVINGS
THE BEST MANGO LASSI - PIPING POT CURRY
VEGAN MANGO LASSI - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
MANGO LASSI WITH BUTTERMILK - REAL LIFE DINNER
VEGAN MANGO LASSI - KIIPFIT.COM
SPICED MANGO LASSI - MANGO.ORG
MANGO LASSI RECIPE + VIDEO - WHISKAFFAIR
EASY MANGO LASSI RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
BEST MANGO LASSI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MANGO LASSI - DELISH
MANGO LASSI RECIPE (THICK AND CREAMY) – MASALACHILLI
FRESH MANGO LASSI RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
MANGO LASSI - RASA MALAYSIA
HOW TO MAKE BEST MANGO LASSI? - EASY 5 MINUTES RECIPE
MANGO LASSI - SKINNYTASTE
HOW TO MAKE MANGO LASSI - ALPHAFOODIE
REFRESHING MANGO LASSI RECIPE - THE FLAVOR BENDER
MATCHA MANGO LASSI
MANGO LASSI RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
VIEW MANGO LASSI POPSICLES RECIPE ARTICLES - NDTV FOOD
MANGO LASSI RECIPE (SUPER EASY, READY IN 5 MINUTES!)
MANGO LASSI - MANGO.ORG
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #beverages #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love