MUSHROOM-BACON PARTY PATE
- Fry the bacon and crumble it as fine as possible.
- Reserve some of the grease.
- Chop the mushrooms, onion, celery, and parsley as fine as possible.
- A food processor works best, but you can do it by hand if need be.
- Saute the onion and the celery in the bacon grease until soft, then remove from the grease and drain.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese slightly, and then beat in the eggs.
- Add all other ingredients to the egg/cheese mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a large loaf pan, line with foil, and then grease the foil.
- Pat the mixture into the loaf pan and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 400 degrees F.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- This pate is actually best when refrigerated before serving.
- Serve with crackers or bread slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.3, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 78.1, Sodium 720, Carbohydrate 13.2, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2.3, Protein 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl. Add garlic and onion to skillet. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add to bacon.
- Return skillet to heat, and melt 1/2 tablespoon butter. Add 1 1/2 cups mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook until golden on edges and softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 cups mushrooms. Stir cream and mustard into last batch in skillet, and cook for 30 seconds. Add to bacon-onion mixture, along with first batch of mushrooms. Let cool.
- Roll out pate brisee to a 12-by-18-inch rectangle (about 1/8 inch thick) on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread mushroom-bacon mixture over dough, leaving a 3-inch border. Tuck tomatoes into filling, leaving some poking out. Sprinkle with cheddar. Fold in edges to form a 6-inch-wide open-topped crust; brush crust with egg wash. Bake until golden brown and center is bubbling, about 55 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MUSHROOM BACON PATE
Provided by dancersrecipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fry the bacon and crumble it as fine as possible. Reserve some of the grease. Chop the mushrooms, onion, celery, and parsley as fine as possible. A food processor works best, but you can do it by hand if need be. Saute the onion and celery in the bacon grease until soft, then remove from the grease, and drain. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese slightly, and then beat in the eggs. Add all other ingredients to the eggs/cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly. Grease a large loaf pan or two small, line with foil, and then grease the foil. Pat the mixture into the loaf pan and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 400 degrees F. Let cool completely before serving. NOTE: This pate is actually best when refrigerated before serving. Serve with crackers, or with bread cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
PATE BRISEE FOR MUSHROOM-AND-BACON TART
- Pulse flour and salt in a food processor. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal with some larger pieces. With machine running, slowly add ice water until dough just holds together. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead once to combine. Shape dough into a rectangle. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
Provided by Marian Burros
Yield 4 pastry rounds
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until it is the size of large peas.
- Add water tablespoon by tablespoon; knead lightly to form a dough and chill before using.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make pastry lids for pies, divide dough into 4 portions and roll each portion into a round 1/8 inch thick. Crumple 16 pieces of foil into large marble-size pieces and spread melted butter over them to prevent pastry from sticking to foil. Place each pastry round on top of 4 pieces of crumpled foil and bake until golden brown, 15 minutes. It may be necessary to turn over the pastries to brown on both sides.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 354, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 189 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 1 gram
PATE BRISEE (FRENCH SHORTCRUST)
This is an easy, versatile, and delicious pate brisee for tarts that can be used with savory and sweet fillings. It makes two crusts, so refrigerate half and save it for a weekday quiche! You can store dough in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Provided by tessaf
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times to mix. Add cubed butter; pulse until crumbly.
- Pour slow stream of ice water through feed tube while the processor is on low speed until dough holds together when pinched, making sure not to add too much.
- Divide dough evenly into 2 pieces. Form dough into discs on a lightly floured work surface. Wrap discs with wax paper or parchment paper before wrapping with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until use.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured work surface using a lightly floured rolling pin between 2 pieces of parchment paper to desired thickness when ready to use.
- Butter two 9-inch tart pans. Roll crusts 1 at a time onto the rolling pin and unroll over tart pans. Gently push dough into the prepared pans, molding to the sides. Trim edges with fingers or a knife. Fill and bake according to filling recipe instructions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 154.9 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
dough for sweet tarts
Provided by cmuell15
Yield Makes Batch
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Sieve flour and add salt and sugar
- Add butter and use your fingertips to mix it qickly into fine lumbs
- Add the egg and mix well without overkneading
- Add flour if dough is too moist
- Wrap in cling foil and rest in fridge for an hour
PâTE BRISéE TART CRUST
- Whisk flour, salt, and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter and shortening; rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 4 tablespoons cold water. Work mixture with fingertips until dough comes together in moist clumps, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 400°F. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 10-inch round. Carefully transfer dough to 8-inch springform pan. Press dough onto bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up sides of pan, pressing to adhere to sides. Fold down and roll 1/2 inch of dough sides inward, forming double-thick edge at top of crust sides. Using dull edge of small knife, make small indentations at 1/2-inch intervals on double-thick edge. Chill 20 minutes.
- Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake crust until sides of crust are set, about 18 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Pierce bottom of crust all over with fork. Continue to bake until bottom is set and pale golden, about 14 minutes longer. Remove from oven and cool in pan on rack.
ONION, BACON AND MUSHROOM TART
A tasty treat, perfect for supper
Provided by anya19
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C
- Make the pastry by rubbing the butter into the flour to resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in about 8 tbsp of fridge cold water and bring together to a ball using your hands.
- Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- While the pastry is chilling finely slice the onions and place in a pan with some butter or oil and gently soften and allow to caramalise, will take about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Take the pastry from the fridge, roll out on a lightly floured surface and line a large greased tart case. Prick with a fork and lay over a sheet of greaseproof paper or foil and cover with baking beans or rice and cook in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
- While this is cooking cut the bacon into smallish pieces and fry in a pan with a little oil until cooked and crisp, then add to the onions. In the same pan add the sliced mushrooms and fry slightly to crisp up then cook down until fully cooked with a little butter, worcetser sauce, a thyme sprig and seasoning. Once cooked add to the bacon and onions and sprinkle in half the chopped parsley.
- In a jug mix together the eggs, creme fraiche, a little seasoning and the rest of the parsley.
- After the 20 minutes is up, remove the pastry case form the oven and take out the greaseproof paper and baking beans or rice. Put back into the oven for a furthur 15 minutes or until the pastry browns slightly and is cooked.
- Once browned remove from the oven and fill the pastry case with the onion, bacon and mushroom mixture and pour over the egg mixture. Place back in the centre of the oven for around 30 minutes or until the filling is nearly set as it will finish cooking as it cools slightly. Once out of the oven let it stand to set for 5 minutes and serve warm in slices with salad and home made chips or roasted potatoes.
PATE BRISEE (FLAKY SWEET PASTRY DOUGH)
- Place one cup of flour, the butter, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process just until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 10 seconds. Add the water and slowly pulse just until the pastry begins to hold together, about six to eight times. Do not let it form a ball. Turn the pastry out onto waxed paper and flatten the dough into a circle. If the dough is excessively sticky, sprinkle it with several tablespoons of flour. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 314, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 77 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 1 gram
More about "pate brisee for mushroom and bacon tart recipes"
BRIE TARTS WITH BACON & CARAMELIZED ONIONS - MANGIA MICHELLE
PATE BRISEE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
WILD MUSHROOM & AGED GOUDA TART | READ & BE WELL - CANYON …
BRIE AND BACON TART - PASTRIES LIKE A PRO
MUSHROOM-BACON PARTY PATE RECIPE
BASIC TART SHELL OR PâTE BRISéE - KOPIASTE..TO GREEK HOSPITALITY
PâTE BRISéE - CHARLOTTE PUCKETTE
THE PERFECT SHORTCRUST PASTRY (PâTE BRISéE) | RICARDO
HOW TO MAKE PâTE BRISéE: CLASSIC PâTE BRISéE RECIPE
PATE BRISEE OR TRADITIONAL SAVORY FRENCH TART PASTRY
PâTE BRISéE RECIPE (FRENCH PASTRY CRUST FOR SAVORY TARTS
PATE BRISEE FOR FRUIT TARTS - MEAL PLANNER PRO
PATE BRISEE — RECIPES — ADVENTURE KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE PâTE BRISéE: FLAKY, BUTTERY FRENCH PIE DOUGH - GARLIC …
TART PASTRY (PâTE BRISEé) RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
TART DOUGH (PâTE BRISéE) - PASTRY BASICS | CRAVINGS JOURNAL
PATE BRISEE RECIPE FOR QUICHE AND TART CRUSTS - EASY FRENCH FOOD
BEEF, BACON AND MUSHROOM PIES RECIPE | GOURMET TRAVELLER
PÂTE BRISÉE – CLASSIC FRENCH PIE AND TART PASTRY | URBNSPICE
MUSHROOM TARTS WITH BACON | NUESKES RECIPES | NUESKE'S
FOOLPROOF PâTE BRISéE TART CRUST - PUDGE FACTOR
PASTRY CRUST: PâTE BRISéE - BELGIAN FOODIE
MUSHROOM-AND-BACON TART - MASTERCOOK
BACON AND MUSHROOM PATE - ALLYSON GOFTON
PATE BRISéE: FAVORITE PIE AND TART PASTRY – LAUREN GROVEMAN
FLAKY PIE CRUST OR PATE BRISEE TUTORIAL - CRAFTYBAKING
BACON, EGG AND MUSHROOM TART - RECIPETIN EATS
TENDER TART PASTRY - SUSAN HERRMANN LOOMIS | ON RUE TATIN
PATE BRISEE FOR MUSHROOM-AND-BACON TART RECIPE
PâTE BRISéE RECIPE | PERFECT HOMEMADE CRUST FOR QUICHE AND TARTS
EXOTIC MUSHROOM AND BACON PATé - FOOD24
CHICKEN, MUSHROOM & BACON PâTé - MEATIFIED
MUSHROOM-AND-BACON TART - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
10 BEST MUSHROOM CREAM CHEESE PATE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MS PATE BRISEE PIE CRUST RECIPE | APPETIZERS EASY, TART RECIPES, …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Pate Brisee for tarts?This is an easy, versatile, and delicious pate brisee for tarts that can be used with savory and sweet fillings. It makes two crusts, so refrigerate half and save it for a weekday quiche! You can store dough in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Place flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times to mix.
How much butter do I use to make a pâte brisée?This recipe makes 1 pâte brisée crust, enough for one tart or one bottom crust. If you are making a pie with a bottom and top crust, double this recipe and form two discs of dough instead of one. I go back and forth on whether to use 8 tablespoons or 10 tablespoons of butter.
What is pâte brisée dough?Pâte brisée (pronounced paht bree-ZAY) is a standard all-butter pastry dough used for making pies and tarts. Make These Pies With This Pie Crust! This recipe makes 1 pâte brisée crust, enough for one tart or one bottom crust. If you are making a pie with a bottom and top crust, double this recipe and form two discs of dough instead of one.