CARAMEL PECAN BOURBON SAUCE
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned. This takes approximately 5-8 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Set aside toasted pecans.
- In a large heavy sauce pan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, heavy cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking. Stir constantly so it doesn't burn. Cook until mixture is reduced to 3 cups. This takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bourbon, vanilla and pecans. Let cool.
- NOTES: If made in advance, cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. To reheat in microwave use 30% power for a minute or two. For the power notation--adjust to your microwave. The goal is to bring this to a room temperature or slightly warm temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1733.4, Fat 86.4, SaturatedFat 40, Cholesterol 190, Sodium 376.2, Carbohydrate 237.7, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 173.4, Protein 5.3
PECAN BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE
- In a dry heavy saucepan cook sugar over moderately low heat, stirring slowly with a fork (to help sugar melt evenly), until melted and pale golden. Cook caramel, without stirring, swirling pan, until deep golden. Remove pan from heat and carefully add cream, bourbon, lemon juice, and pecans (caramel will steam and harden). Return pan to heat and simmer sauce, stirring, until caramel is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce into a bowl and cool slightly. (Sauce keeps, covered and chilled, 2 weeks.)
SALTED CARAMEL-BOURBON SAUCE
- Cook 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat, swirling the pan but not stirring, until dark amber, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Whisk in 2 tablespoons bourbon. Let cool completely; transfer to jars and refrigerate. (Makes about 2 cups.)
PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE
- Stir butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir in heavy whipping cream and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.2 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 21.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 298.9 mg, Sugar 13.8 g
SALTED BOURBON CARAMEL PECAN PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a mixer on low, work the flour and powdered sugar into the cold butter and shortening until you have a relatively uniform, crumbly mixture.
- Make a "well" in the middle of the mixture and pour the vinegar plus 1 tablespoon ice water into it.
- Use your hands to delicately incorporate the liquid, starting from the center of the well and working outward.
- Add to the mixture the remainding 1 tablespoon ice water, adding more if necessary, until you have a dough that holds together in a ball, but does not stick to your hands.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface. Place the crust into a greased 9" pie dish and prick the bottom several times with a fork.
- For the Filling: Mix the brown sugar, white sugar, salt and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Add the boiling water and stir until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Add the beaten eggs and milk and mix well. If you want a very boozy-tasting pie, add 1 1/2 teaspoon bourbon. Otherwise, add 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix in the pecans.
- Spread 1/4 cup caramel on bottom of prepared crust. Heat up the caramel first if it helps to spread it.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350.
- Bake about 30 minutes more, or until the pie puffs up, and a knife inserted into the center comes out relatively clean.
- Cool the pie for at least two hours. Before serving, drizzle about 1/4 cup more caramel on top. It helps to heat up the caramel for this step as well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 849.4, Fat 59.5, SaturatedFat 20.6, Cholesterol 192.2, Sodium 526.5, Carbohydrate 74.8, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 45.7, Protein 10.3
APPLE CIDER BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL BOURBON-PECAN SAUCE
This apple cider bread pudding is always the first dessert to vanish during Thanksgiving dinner! It also won me first place in a pecan dessert cooking competition a few years ago!
Provided by Ashley Holman
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine bread cubes, apples, and raisins in a very large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt together in another large bowl until well combined. Whisk in milk and apple cider. Pour mixture over bread mixture, and toss gently using a spatula until evenly coated. Let bread pudding mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour bread pudding mixture into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Let bread pudding cool for at least 15 minutes; pudding will sink slightly.
- Meanwhile, spread pecans on a baking sheet. Bake in the hot oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, heavy cream, and butter in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring constantly to prevent burning, until mixture is reduced to 3 cups, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in pecans, bourbon, and vanilla extract.
- Serve sauce with bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 656.8 calories, Carbohydrate 101.3 g, Cholesterol 115.6 mg, Fat 25.6 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 307.8 mg, Sugar 73.4 g
CARAMEL-BOURBON PECAN PIE
Enhance this bourbon pecan pie with sweet, toasty melted caramel. Top each serving with a dollop of COOL WHIP for a delicious Caramel-Bourbon Pecan Pie.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook caramels, water, butter and bourbon in medium saucepan on medium heat 8 min. or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat.
- Spread nuts onto bottom of pie crust. Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until blended. Gradually stir in caramel mixture; pour over nuts.
- Bake 40 to 45 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 570, Fat 33 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 8 g
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON-PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE
- FOR SAUCE:
- Stir sugar and water in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Mix in corn syrup and lemon juice. Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup turns deep amber, brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour in cream (mixture will bubble up). Stir over low heat until caramel is melted and smooth. Increase heat; boil until sauce is reduced to 1 2/3 cups, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in pecans and bourbon. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.)
- FOR PUDDING:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine milk, cream and sugar in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; stir until smooth. Beat eggs and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. Add bread cubes. Let stand until bread absorbs some of custard, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake until set in center, about 45 minutes. Uncover; cool at least 15 minutes.
- Serve pudding warm or at room temperature with warm sauce.
More about "pecan bourbon caramel sauce recipes"
SOUTHERN BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE WITH TOASTED PECANS
4/5 (69)Calories 158 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 325º. Place pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 10-12 minutes until browned and fragrant. Transfer pecans to a cutting board and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium to medium high heat on the stove (if your stove runs hot, use medium, if it's true to temperature heat to medium high). Add sugar and corn syrup. No need to stir immediately.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil and watching the sugar mixture deepen in color. It will go from a light corn-syrup color, to light brown to amber. The change between light brown and amber is quick. Be ready for it.
BOURBON PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE - GAIL'S GOODIES
- t's important to have all your ingredient ready for this before you start cooking because you must work quickly at the end.
- Place sugar and corn syrup in a heavy 2 quart saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the mixture starts to boil. At this point you need to watch the boiling sugar carefully because stoves vary. The boiling mixture will go from clear, to light yellow to golden brown to medium brown.
- When the boiling sugar turns medium brown (a little darker than store bought caramel), remove from heat and add the cream all at once. You will need to stir vigorously and the mixture will boil up quite high (which is why you need the big pan). Be very careful during this phase. Professional chefs keep bowls of ice-water on the counter when they make caramelized sugar just in case they burn themselves.
BROWN SUGAR BOURBON APPLE PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - LET'S EAT CAKE
BOURBON PECAN CARAMEL CHEESECAKE | HELLEME
BOURBON PECAN CINNAMON ROLLS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
WHITE CHOCOLATE AND BOURBON PECAN SLAB PIE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE …
BUTTERMILK BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
BOURBON PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BOURBON-CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
4-INGREDIENT BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
BOURBON PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE - GOURMET TRADING
EASY BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE (15 MINUTES!) - FORK IN THE …
APPLE & PECAN TART WITH BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE - FOXES LOVE …
BOURBON CARAMEL PECAN BARS - RECIPES | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE
SALTED CARAMEL BOURBON PECAN PIE - STAMPEDEDRIVINGSCHOOL.COM
BOURBON PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE CHEESECAKE - CHRISTIANN KOEPKE
BOURBON PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - AMBER HUFFMAN | FOOD & WINE
BOURBON PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE - STONEWALL KITCHEN
BOURBON PECAN CARAMEL CHEESECAKE
BOURBON PECAN SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARAMEL PECAN BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - RACHEL COOKS®
BOURBON PRALINE PECAN SAUCE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE - GIMME SOME OVEN
BOURBON PECAN BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE
THE ULTIMATE BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE - FROSTING AND FETTUCCINE
VANILLA BOURBON SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE - SHOW ME THE YUMMY
PECAN ROLLS WITH BOURBON CARAMEL - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
BOURBON CARAMEL PECAN PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PECAN BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BOURBON CARAMEL PECAN PIE - GATHERED IN THE KITCHEN
BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE - PARSLEY AND ICING
PEACH PECAN CAKE WITH BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE - ETALK
Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce33 views-14:14
Pecan Bacon Brownies with Bourbon Caramel Sauce206 views-01:01
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with Bourbon Pecan Caramel Sauce1.2K views-01:29
Pecan Dessert Sauce2.3K views-01:55
Bourbon-Caramel Dipping Sauce (Corn Syrup Free)23K views-03:50
Pecan Caramel Sauce Easy recipe146 views-05:22
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make bourbon caramel sauce?This Bourbon Caramel Sauce recipe is easy to make in 10 minutes and tastes irresistibly delicious drizzled on everything from ice cream to fruit, brownies, coffee drinks, and more. Combine the sugar and water in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Briefly stir to combine. Turn the burner on to medium-high heat.
How to cook pecans and caramel sauce?A rich, decadent caramel sauce with a boozy shot of bourbon and crunchy toasted pecans. Perfect on ice cream or straight from the spoon. Preheat oven to 325º. Place pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 10-12 minutes until browned and fragrant.
Is this Bourbon Pecan caramel sauce from Mom’s?For the few minutes it takes to make a real Southern caramel sauce, there’s no reason not to make it from scratch. This bourbon pecan caramel sauce is even a step beyond Mom’s. Embellished with sea salt, spattered with toasted, chopped pecans and finished with a hefty dose of Kentucky bourbon, this is the caramel sauce of your dreams.
How do you make pecan pie with cream and sugar?Stir butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir in heavy whipping cream and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans.