PECAN-CRUST TUNA STEAKS
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Lightly beat egg on a plate. On another plate, combine pecans, ginger and cayenne pepper. Salt and pepper to taste. Dip tuna steaks in egg, then in pecan mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook tuna for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with lemon juice to taste. Serve with garlic rapini and roasted potatoes.
WASABI ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS
- In a large bowl, whisk together the five-spice powder, ginger, sake, rice vinegar, tamari, and sesame oil. Add the tuna steaks and turn to coat; allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the crushed wasabi peas and brown sugar. Remove the tuna steaks from the marinade, and press into the pea mixture to coat. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, sear the tuna in a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat to desired doneness. Pour sauce over tuna to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534 calories, Carbohydrate 51.8 g, Cholesterol 68.1 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 19.3 g, Protein 54.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 403.9 mg, Sugar 10.8 g
- Season the tuna with salt on both sides, then press the peppercorns into both sides. Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet until almost smoking. Add the tuna and lower the heat to medium. Sear the tuna until browned on the outside but still rare in the center, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Thinly slice the tuna and fan the slices onto 4 plates. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 262, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 42 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 427 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PECAN-CRUSTED FISH FILLETS
Turn the catch of the day into delicious dinner in only 25 minutes. Hot pecan-crusted fish fillets are cooked easily on stove top and are served with lemon wedges.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix pecans, bread crumbs and lemon peel in shallow bowl. Beat egg and milk with wire whisk or fork in another shallow bowl.
- Cut fish into 4 serving pieces. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper. Coat fish with egg mixture, then coat well with pecan mixture, pressing slightly into fish.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add fish. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 6 to 10 minutes, turning once carefully with 2 pancake turners, until fish flakes easily with fork and is brown. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 2 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 450 mg
PEPPER SEARED TUNA STEAKS
This spicy pepper coating and asian-style sauce prove that you can't go wrong with the simplest of ingredients. Add a touch of chili-garlic paste to the sauce for a hint of fire. This recipe is altered from original Bon Appetit.
Provided by skat5762
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine black pepper and sesame seeds in bowl.
- Press tuna steaks into mixture, until coated.
- Heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add tuna steaks and sear about 1- 1 1/2 minutes each side (I like mine rare in the center, longer if you prefer well-cooked tuna).
- Transfer steaks to tented aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add a touch more oil to pan, then add soy sauce and sherry.
- Add garlic and most of green onion (reserving some of the tops).
- If too much has boiled off, add a bit of red wine if necessary.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, scraping up any brown bits, about 1 minute.
- Spoon sauce over tuna steaks, and sprinkle remaining green onion on top.
- Note: if you want to make more of this sauce, it tastes fantastic, and goes great with rices, potatoes, roasted veggies, etc.
- In the photo, I cross-cut Italian bread, drizzled with olive oil and briefly toasted.
PEPPER CRUSTED TUNA STEAK
- Mix the basil, thyme and the black pepper together. Season the tuna with the mixture. In a hot saute pan, add the olive oil and sear the tuna until cooked rare or to desired temperature. Remove the tuna. Then add the bok choy with the wasabi, fish stock and the soy sauce to the hot saute. Reduce the stock by a quarter. Remove from heat and ladle the soy wasabi broth into the bowls and place the cooked tuna on the top of top of the bok choy.
PECAN CRUSTED TUNA STEAK
- Pat steaks dry and rub both sides with olive oil. Mix salt,pepper,thyme and parsley together. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with mixture. Place nuts in shallow bowl and press both sides of steaks into nuts. Set aside. Place all ingredients for sauce in blender or food processor and mix until well blended. heat non-stick or cast iron pan to medium high heat. Coat with olive oil and add steaks. Cook about 1 minute per side or to desired doneness. Ladle sauce in middle of plate and place steak directly on it.
The depth of flavour of the peppercorns contrasts beautifully with the tuna. This is a tuna version of pepper steak. From the LCBO magazine.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rub 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil onto tuna steaks all over and coat top with peppercorns and salt.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add tuna peppercorn-side up.
- Fry for 2 minutes, flip and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove tuna from pan and transfer onto serving plates.
- The fish should be rare. If you like it more cooked, fry another 2 minutes.
- Add red wine to skillet over high heat and reduce until 2 tbsp (25 mL) remain.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stock and reduce until 1/2 cup (125 mL) remains.
- Add cream and boil just until sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce around tuna.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594.5, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 96.5, Sodium 1858.8, Carbohydrate 33.4, Fiber 13.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 58.6
SEARED TUNA PEPPER STEAKS
- Press 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper onto each side of each tuna steak and sprinkle lightly with salt. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna to skillet and sear until cooked to desired doneness, about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium. Transfer tuna to plates; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add butter and shallots to same skillet. Sauté over medium heat until shallots soften, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add broth, then brandy. Place skillet over high heat and boil until sauce is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spoon sauce over tuna.
More about "pecan crusted tuna steak recipes"
HOW TO COOK PECAN CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS IN A PAN | EHOW
10 BEST PECAN CRUSTED FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICE-CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS - RICARDO
10 BEST CRUSTED TUNA STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN-SEARED COCONUT-CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS RECIPE
PECAN CRUSTED TUNA WITH COLD YOGURT SAUCE - THE COMMON …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
THE 15 BEST TUNA STEAK RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
PISTACHIO-CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SEARED TUNA STEAK RECIPE - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
PECAN CRUSTED TUNA STEAK | RECIPE | TUNA STEAKS, PECAN, STEAK
PEPPER CRUSTED TUNA STEAK - COAST FRESH EATS
PECAN CRUSTED TUNA WITH LEMON BUTTER RECIPE
PECAN-CRUSTED SKIRT STEAK - A LOVE LETTER TO FOOD
SEARED PEPPERCORN TUNA STEAK - HOW TO FEED A LOON
EASY PANKO CRUSTED TUNA - THE BUPPIE FOODIE
PERFECT TUNA STEAK RECIPE – A COUPLE COOKS
SESAME-CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS RECIPE - GEOFFREY ZAKARIAN | FOOD
SEARED PEPPERCORN ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS - GRILL GIRL
10 TASTY TUNA STEAK RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
TUNA STEAK | RECIPETIN EATS
PECAN-CRUSTED SKIRT STEAK - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
ULTIMATE PECAN CRUSTED FISH FILLETS RECIPE | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
GRILLED PEPPERCORN-CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS WITH VEGETABLE MEDLEY
HOW TO COOK PECAN CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS IN A PAN | EHOW.COM
PERFECT OVEN BAKED TUNA STEAK RECIPE [MUST TRY] - BEEFSTEAK VEG
CRUSTED TUNA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SESAME-CRUSTED TUNA STEAK RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
CRUSTED TUNA RECIPE - STAYING CLOSE TO HOME
PECAN-CRUST TUNA STEAKS | IGA RECIPES | LEMON, FISH, EASY RECIPE
PEPITA-CRUSTED CRISPY TUNA CAKES - THE HEALTHY EPICUREAN
PECAN CRUSTED AHI TUNA STEAKS IN COCONUT OIL | FOOD, AHI TUNA STEAK ...
WASABI CRUSTED AHI TUNA RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
WASABI PECAN CRUSTED TUNA SALAD - GIRL ABOUT GREENS
PARMESAN CRUSTED TUNA STEAK : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PECAN CRUSTED AHI TUNA STEAKS IN COCONUT OIL | FOOD, RECIPES, AHI …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tuna steak with pecans?Brush the tuna steak lightly in olive oil and season with salt, pepper and additional seasonings, such as garlic powder, paprika and dried herbs, to taste. Pour the crushed pecans on a plate and lay the tuna steak onto the pecans, pressing firmly to get the pecans to stick.
How to cook tuna steak on the grill?Press the tuna steaks into the spice mixture to coat. Season with salt. In a large non-stick skillet, brown the tuna steaks in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes per side or to the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice and drizzle with olive oil, if desired. Serve with Chickpea, Apple, and Zucchini Salad (see recipe below).
How to cook tuna steak with sesame seeds?Preparation In a coffee grinder or with a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind the flaxseeds, fennel, mustard seeds and peppercorns. Pour into a plate and add the sesame seeds. In a large non-stick skillet, brown the tuna steaks in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes per side or to the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
How to cook tuna steak with vegetable oil?Lightly brush the tuna with oil and sprinkle the sesame mixture all over it, pressing to help the crust adhere. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in each of 2 large nonstick skillets until the oil is almost smoking.