Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 to 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- In a medium (10-inch) pot or Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset, warm the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the garlic has softened and is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, drain the tomatoes, place them in a food processor fitted with the steel blade, and pulse until they're roughly chopped. With a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to the food processor and pulse again to chop the garlic. Pour the tomato mixture into the pot with the olive oil, add the fennel, red pepper flakes, red wine, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the basil, taste for seasonings (it will be very spicy!), and keep warm over very low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a full boil. Add 2 tablespoons kosher salt and the penne and cook according to the directions of the package.
- Two minutes before the pasta is al dente, using a wire or spider strainer, lift the pasta out of the boiling water and add it to the sauce, along with 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the pasta is al dente. Spoon the pasta into low shallow bowls, sprinkle with extra basil and Parmesan cheese, and serve hot.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley. Ladle over the hot cooked pasta of your choice.
More recipes about penne arrabbiata sauce recipe recipes
Recipe From : theclevermeal.com2021-07-20 · Recipe notes & FAQ’s Penne arrabbiata ingredients. PASTA: traditionally, the arrabbiata sauce is served with penne rigate (with a ridged … ... Show details
Recipe From : minimalistbaker.com2021-07-07 · What is Arrabbiata? Arrabbiata is a spicy, tomato-based sauce that originated in the Lazio region of Italy (near Rome). It’s most commonly served with penne pasta as a dish called penne all’arrabbiata.And while the word arrabbiata means “angry” in Italian, eating pasta made with this sauce will make you anything but angry! Instead, it’s a reference to the spiciness of the sauce. ... Show details