PENNE WITH ARTICHOKES AND MUSHROOMS
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts and cook for 2 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the penne and cook just until tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Toss in the artichoke mixture and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 626, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 117 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 17 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 783 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams
PENNE WITH TOMATOES, ARTICHOKES AND MUSHROOMS
Yep, this is one of those, gee, no idea what I'm making let me see what's in the pantry meals:-). I love the combination of mushrooms, artichokes and tomatoes plus the buttery taste of fresh rosemary. Make sure you use a high quality pasta to stand up to this assertive sauce. I love this with a side of steamed cauliflower with garlic breadcrumbs. You could also easily add chicken, sausage, or another protein instead of the chickpeas.
Provided by Aioli_Queen
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook the pasta while making the sauce.
- Gently heat a large saute pan over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- add 1 TB of the olive oil, the onion, the garlic, the rosemary and the red pepper flakes. Sautee until the onions are starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the onions are starting to brown and the mushrooms have released their juices and have softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and break the plum tomatoes into pieces with your hands. Add them to the pan along with their juice and the diced tomatoes.
- After the tomatoes have cooked for about 5 minutes add the artichoke hearts. Stir and cover until the artichokes are heated through and the tomatoes are just beginning to thicken.
- Add the sugar and salt, stir and cook gently over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes stirring now and then.
- Add the final TB of olive oil after you've turned off the heat and stir it inches.
- Serve over Penne sprinkled with the Romano.
PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKES
You can substitute shrimp for the chicken or you can make it vegetarian by using zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and bell peppers. From Firehouse Food: Cooking with San Francisco's Firefighters
Provided by cookiedog
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the garlic and chicken cubes. Saute until the chicken is cooked through and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and allow it to boil briefly, while scraping the brown bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add the artichokes, dried tomatoes, green onions, and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring gently from time to time.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, add the cheese, and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to a large serving bowl; add the drained cooked pasta and the basil and toss to combine well. Serve immediately in large, shallow bowls. Pass additional grated cheese at the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 688.4, Fat 19.3, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 90.2, Sodium 527.9, Carbohydrate 84.2, Fiber 21.5, Sugar 2.4, Protein 42.5
PENNE WITH TOMATOES, PESTO AND ARTICHOKES
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil reserved from artichokes in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes with their juices and artichokes. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes. Add pesto; simmer 1 minute longer. Mix in pasta and 1/3 cup cheese. Season pasta with salt and pepper.Transfer pasta to large bowl. Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the penne pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the garlic and mushrooms until mushrooms are tender. Season with salt and pepper, and mix in the butter.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta and the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413.8 calories, Carbohydrate 47.4 g, Cholesterol 12 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 13.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 104.6 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
MUSHROOM PENNE BAKE
This is an easy, hearty and delicious meal for a chilly evening! Its cheesy goodness will have you going in for seconds. Serve with salad and garlic bread. -Sue Aschemeier, Defiance, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot; cool slightly., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in marinara sauce and seasonings. Spread half the mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray., Stir ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese into pasta; spoon over mushroom mixture. Spread with remaining mushroom mixture., Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 748mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FLORENCE FABRICANT'S PENNE WITH ARTICHOKES AND MUSHROOMS
- Remove and discard all the leaves of the artichokes and slice off the fuzzy choke, leaving only the thick, round fleshy bottom of each artichoke. Place the bottoms in a bowl and toss with the lemon juice.
- Remove the bottoms from the lemon juice one at a time and with a sharp knife, cut each into slices a half-inch thick. Return the slices to the lemon juice.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, add the artichoke slices and simmer about five minutes, to blanch them. Drain and pat them dry.
- Trim the stems off the mushrooms and cut the mushrooms into slices a half-inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add the garlic, cook for a few seconds, then add the mushroom and artichoke slices. Cook over medium-high heat about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned. Stir in the rosemary and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, cook the penne until al dente, about seven minutes. Drain well, then add to the skillet with the vegetables. Toss, check seasonings and serve at once with Parmesan cheese.
KEY WEST PENNE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Combine shrimp, scallops, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes, then cook until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat, and stir in cream and parmesan. Toss with cooked pasta, and sprinkle olives on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 910.8 calories, Carbohydrate 75.8 g, Cholesterol 260.4 mg, Fat 48.3 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 49 g, SaturatedFat 22.3 g, Sodium 981.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND GORGONZOLA CHEESE
- Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms; sauté until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil and oregano and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add pasta and cooking liquid to sauce in skillet. Toss over medium heat until mixture is heated through and sauce coats pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese and serve.
More about "penne with tomatoes artichokes and mushrooms recipes"
SPELT PENNE PASTA WITH CHICKEN, ARTICHOKES AND MUSHROOMS
PENNE WITH ARTICHOKES RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS, RICOTTA AND TOMATOES RECIPE - EAT …
PENNE WITH TOMATOES, ARTICHOKES & BLACK OLIVES - RECIPE
TOMATO ARTICHOKE PASTA (DAIRY FREE) - SIMPLY WHISKED
RECIPE: PENNE WITH ARTICHOKES | COOKING ON THE SIDE
PENNE WITH ROSEMARY, MUSHROOMS, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES | RECIPES
PENNE WITH CHERRY TOMATOES - INTERNATIONAL BUDDHIST SOCIETY | 國 …
PENNE WITH ARTICHOKES AND MUSHROOMS – COOKING WITH ENZA AND …
10 BEST PENNE PASTA WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PLUM TOMATOES AND ARTICHOKES WITH PENNE - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
ONE POT TOMATO ARTICHOKE PASTA BAKE FROM THE FITCHEN
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND FRESH TOMATOES FROM GIULIANO …
PENNE TOMATO CASSEROLE WITH ARTICHOKES RECIPE
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ARTICHOKES - THE DR. OZ SHOW
PENNE WITH ARTICHOKES AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PENNE WITH TOMATO-MUSHROOM SAUCE - FORKS OVER KNIVES
PENNE WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES AND ARTICHOKE - TWO DOLLAR EATS
GIADA’S PENNE WITH SAUSAGE, ARTICHOKES, AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ARTICHOKES - PREVENTION
PENNE WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, AND SHITAKE …
PENNE WITH ARTICHOKES, BACON, AND MUSHROOMS - ALL RECIPES GRAM
VEGETARIAN PASTA RECIPE -PENNE, ARTICHOKES, SUN DRIED TOMATOES …
ONE POT MUSHROOM SPINACH ARTICHOKE PASTA - DAMN DELICIOUS
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ARTICHOKES - PREVENTION
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ARTICHOKES (FLAT BELLY DIET) RECIPE
PENNE WITH FRESH ARTICHOKES, CHERRY TOMATOES AND BACON
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ARTICHOKES | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ARTICHOKES - COOKEATSHARE
RECIPE: PENNE WITH ARTICHOKES - FOOD NEWS
PEAS, ARTICHOKES, AND MUSHROOMS OVER PENNE | EASY PEASY EATS
PENNE PASTA IN CREAMY VODKA TOMATO SAUCE WITH MUSHROOMS
You'll also love