Bobby's Flay's Perfect Burger recipe from Food Network needs only a handful of ingredients, a hot grill and toasted hamburger buns.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 ounces each). Form each portion loosely into a 3/4-inch-thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Season both sides of each burger with salt and pepper.
- IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers. Cook beef burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side, 4 minutes for medium rare (3 minutes if topping with cheese; see step 3) or until cooked to desired degree of doneness. Cook turkey burgers until cooked throughout, about 5 minutes on the second side.
- IF USING A GRILL PAN: Heat a grill pan over high heat on top of the stove. Cook the burgers as for a grill, above.
- IF USING A SAUTE PAN OR GRIDDLE (PREFERABLY CAST IRON): Heat the oil in the pan or griddle over high heat until the oil begins to shimmer. Cook the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers. Cook beef burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side, 4 minutes for medium rare (3 minutes if topping with cheese) or until cooked to desired degree of doneness. Cook turkey burgers until cooked throughout, about 5 minutes on the second side.
- Add the cheese, if using, to the tops of the burgers during the last minute of cooking and top with a basting cover, close the grill cover, or tent the burgers with aluminum foil to melt the cheese.
- Sandwich the hot burgers between the buns and serve immediately.
BEST BEEF BURGER RECIPE
- Combine ground beef, pepper, salt, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gently form mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat grill or skillet to high.
- Cook patties 2-3 minutes per side (if you make them thicker, you'll need to cook them longer)
- Serve on grilled hamburger buns with lettuce, tomato, cheese and onions. Pickles if you must.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293 kcal, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 20 g, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Sodium 449 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 11 g
THE PERFECT BASIC BURGER
Nothing beats a simple hamburger on a warm summer evening! Ground beef is blended with an easy to prepare bread crumb mixture. Pile these burgers with your favorite condiments, pop open a cool drink and enjoy!
Provided by Lindsay Perejma
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, salt and pepper. Place ground beef and bread crumbs into the mixture. With hands or a fork, mix until well blended. Form into 4 patties approximately 3/4 inch thick.
- Place patties on the prepared grill. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 124.5 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 474.5 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
PERFECT GRILLED BURGERS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Form ground beef (preferably chuck) into 6-ounce patties and make an indentation in each. Season the patties on both sides with salt and pepper. Lightly brush the grill grates with vegetable oil, then grill the patties, indentation-side up, until marked on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until marked and slightly firm, about 3 more minutes for medium doneness. For cheeseburgers, top with 2 slices cheese during the last minute of cooking; cover the grill to melt.
THE PERFECT HAMBURGER
Chili sauce and horseradish add some zip to these hamburgers and make them a nice change from ordinary burgers. We think they're perfect! -Shirley Kidd, New London, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine egg and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. , Grill, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns, with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 109mg cholesterol, Sodium 758mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
BEST HAMBURGER EVER
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, cheese, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, egg, onion soup mix, garlic, garlic powder, parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties for 5 minutes per side on the hot grill, or until well done. Serve on buns with your favorite condiments.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444.5 calories, Carbohydrate 8.8 g, Cholesterol 173.6 mg, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 39 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 966.9 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
JUICIEST HAMBURGERS EVER
No more dry, lackluster burgers. These are juicy, and spices can be easily added or changed to suit anyone's taste. Baste frequently with your favorite barbeque sauce. If you find the meat mixture too mushy, just add more bread crumbs until it forms patties that hold their shape.
Provided by Jane
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic using your hands. Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.1 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 95.5 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 21.5 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 196.3 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
THE PERFECT BURGER
- Evenly divide meat into 4 portions. With a light touch, gently form each one into a ball, then shape into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. With thumb, make a 1/4-inch-deep indentation in the center of each (this prevents burgers from getting rounded tops during grilling). Transfer to a plate; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to cook, up to 1 day.
- Heat grill to high (it should be difficult to hold your hand above the grates). Moisten a folded paper towel with vegetable oil; grasp with tongs, and quickly wipe over the grates.
- Generously season patties on both sides with salt and pepper. Place patties on grill; cover, and cook to desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve burgers on buns with desired toppings.
BEEF BURGERS - LEARN TO MAKE
Learn how to make succulent beef burgers with just four ingredients. An easy recipe for perfect homemade patties
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Tip 500g beef mince into a bowl with 1 small diced onion and 1 egg, then mix.
- Divide the mixture into four. Lightly wet your hands. Carefully roll the mixture into balls, each about the size of a tennis ball.
- Set in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze down to flatten into patties about 3cm thick. Make sure all the burgers are the same thickness so that they will cook evenly.
- Put on a plate, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to firm up for at least 30 mins.
- Heat the barbecue to medium hot (there will be white ash over the red hot coals - about 40 mins after lighting). Lightly brush one side of each burger with vegetable oil.
- Place the burgers, oil-side down, on the barbecue. Cook for 5 mins until the meat is lightly charred. Don't move them around or they may stick.
- Oil the other side, then turn over using tongs. Don't press down on the meat, as that will squeeze out the juices.
- Cook for 5 mins more for medium. If you like your burgers pink in the middle, cook 1 min less each side. For well done, cook 1 min more.
- Take the burgers off the barbecue. Leave to rest on a plate so that all the juices can settle inside.
- Slice four burger buns in half. Place, cut-side down, on the barbecue rack and toast for 1 min until they are lightly charred. Place a burger inside each bun, then top with your choice of accompaniment.
This hamburger seasoning makes the tastiest, juiciest burgers ever! We used 91% lean because the little bit of extra fat kept these patties moist and delicious. Also, the dry seasoning mixture will make more than you need but that leaves more for next time!
Provided by JessLovesToCook
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In an airtight container or plastic bag, mix together salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, smoked paprika, and thyme.
- Shake until well mixed.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce and approximately 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture.
- Make into patties and grill or pan fry.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Now is not the time to cut calories or skimp on salt. Go for ground chuck that is at least 80/20. If you can find a blend with ground brisket or short rib, all the better. The best burger comes with being liberal with kosher salt-it is beef's best friend. -James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place a 9-in. cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, gently shape beef into 4 balls, shaping just enough to keep together (do not compact). , Increase burner temperature to medium-high; add oil. Working in batches, add beef. With a heavy metal spatula, flatten to 1/4- to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle each with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook until edges start to brown, about 1-1/2 minutes. Turn burgers and sprinkle with additional 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook until well browned and a thermometer reads at least 160°, 1 minute. Repeat with remaining beef., Serve burgers on buns with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, Fat 16g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 760mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
HOME MADE BEEF BURGERS
Delicious beef burgers perfect for barbequeing
Provided by JAYv2
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan and add the diced onions.
- Reduce down the heat and let the onions sweat slowly, adding in the garlic to ensure it doesn't burn and become bitter.
- Add the beef to a mixing bowl and break up with your fingers.
- Tip in the onions and garlic, once cooled slightly and mix together thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper and the dijon mustard.
- Pour in the egg and ensure that it has been mixed right the way through the beef and onions.
- Seperate the mixture into 4 portions and start moulding using your hands into burgers. Create a depression in the centre, this will ensure the burgers cook evenly and flat. Place in the fridge to chilled and stiffen.
- Once chilled and with the barbeque lit and the coals simmered down, place the burgers on the BBQ.
- Ensure that each side has sealed, if not they'll fall apart when you lift them off. Turn them over until cooked through or to the desired pinkness in the centre.
- Serve on crusty ciabatta with fresh watercress or leafy salad and enjoy. These can be frozen and defrosted for use later on.
PERFECT GRASS-FED BEEF BURGERS
Adding onion delivers moisture; forming thicker patties prevents them from cooking too fast and drying out. Both steps are key when working with grass-fed ground beef.
Provided by Dawn Perry
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Using your hands, gently mix onion, beef, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Gently shape into four 1 1/2"-thick patties (loosely formed patties will be more succulent).
- Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat. Season patties with salt and pepper, place in skillet, and immediately reduce heat to medium. Cook 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve on buns with desired toppings.
- DO AHEAD: Patties can be formed 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
More about "perfect beef burgers recipes"
CLASSIC JUICY HAMBURGER RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT BURGER: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE : …
PERFECT GRASS-FED BEEF BURGERS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
THE BEST NO FUSS HAMBURGER - INSPIRED TASTE
10 BEST GROUND BEEF BURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST JUICY BURGER RECIPE ON THE STOVE TOP OR GRILL …
PERFECT BURGER RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BEEF BURGER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PERFECT JUICY ALL-BEEF BURGER RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
BEST BEEF BURGER RECIPE | HOMEMADE BEEF BURGERS
THE ULTIMATE BEEF BURGERS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
WHAT TO MIX INTO GROUND BEEF FOR BURGERS - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
GRILLED HAMBURGER RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
FLEISHERS' PERFECT BURGER RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
GORDON'S BURGER IN 10 MINUTES - GORDON RAMSAY.COM
HOW TO MAKE PAN FRIED HAMBURGERS (EASY SKILLET BURGERS)
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT HAMBURGER | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
SIMPLE, PERFECT FRESH-GROUND BRISKET BURGERS RECIPE
HOW TO COOK PERFECT HAMBURGERS IN A SKILLET | ALLRECIPES
BOBBY FLAY'S BEST TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE PERFECT BURGERS | FN DISH ...
HOW TO COOK THE BEST PAN-FRIED BURGERS ON THE STOVE - TASTE OF …
21 BEST BEEF BURGER RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
BEST BURGER RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BURGER - DELISH
BEST HAMBURGER PATTY RECIPE | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
THE BEST CLASSIC BURGER - THE WHOLESOME DISH
BEEF BURGERS – THE PERFECT CROWD-PLEASER THIS SUMMER
PERFECT HAMBURGERS FROM SCRATCH RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BURGER | BEST GRASS FED BEEF BURGER RECIPE
THE PERFECT BURGER RECIPE | CHATELAINE
PERFECT JUICY ALL-BEEF BURGER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE JUICY BURGERS EVERY TIME, ACCORDING TO A CHEF
PERFECT BEEF BURGERS – RECIPES NETWORK
THE 35 BEST HAMBURGER RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT BURGER PATTIES - SIMPLY RECIPES
You'll also love