PINEAPPLE-COCONUT MAHI-MAHI RECIPE
Provided by DaraD
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425. Grease a baking pan, place filets in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with spices (to taste). Cover with pineapple chunks. Cover pan with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and return to oven for 5 more minutes, uncovered.
MACADAMIA AND COCONUT CRUSTED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA
I just returned from a fabulous trip from Hawaii, and I wanted to figure out a way to make a dish that reminded me of all of the island flavors-- here is the result! Mahi Mahi is a great Hawaiian fish that is easy to find here in the States (as opposed to Opah or Ono fish which are delicious but impossible to find here...). I also wanted to try making a pineapple salsa after visiting the Dole Pineapple Plantation, and it turned out really well-- sweet and spicy! I hope you enjoy this one! Aloha!
Provided by Sommer Clary
Categories Mahi Mahi
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- To make the salsa, prepare the pineapple by slicing off the top and the bottom, and cutting off the sides to remove all of the skin. Cut the peeled pineapple into 4 sections lengthwise, and remove the woody core in the middle. Dice the pineapple into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Combine the diced pineapple with the remaining salsa ingredients and set aside.
- In a food processor, finely grind the macadamia nuts. Mix well with the breadcrumbs and coconut.
- Heat the butter and olive oil over medium/ medium-high heat. Dip the mahi mahi fillets in the egg mixture, then coat well with the nut mixture. Fry for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- Top with the pineapple salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 679.5, Fat 36.5, SaturatedFat 8.5, Cholesterol 203.1, Sodium 425.7, Carbohydrate 47.8, Fiber 7.1, Sugar 27.1, Protein 45.4
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA
- In a heavy sauté pan over medium high heat, place one tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Season the mahi mahi with blackening spice and cook for three minutes on each side (or until done).
- Remove the filets from the pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and red pepper and serve this mixture over the mahi mahi filets.
GRILLED MAHI MAHI IN THAI COCONUT SAUCE
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Stir coconut milk, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons green onion, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and fish sauce together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Brush the mahi mahi fillets with enough sauce to coat. Cook the remaining sauce at a boil until slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cook the mahi mahi in the grill pan until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter, top with the sauce, and garnish with 2 tablespoons cilantr and 2 tablespoons green onion to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 495.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 124.6 mg, Fat 37.5 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 35.6 g, SaturatedFat 32.4 g, Sodium 360 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
MACADAMIA-CRUSTED MAHI MAHI WITH COCONUT "BEURRE BLANC"
My mahi mahi specialty tastes like your are splurging, but it is really a healthy twist on a decadent favorite. This fish is delicious served with saffron rice or couscous. -Karen S. Shelton, Collierville, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (1 cup sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, shallot, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in butter., Pat fish dry; place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. , In a small bowl, combine the orange zest, juice, ginger, garlic powder and cumin. Spoon over fish. Let stand for 10 minutes. Combine the bread crumbs, nuts and oil; mound onto each fillet., Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until fish just turns opaque and crumb mixture is golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if crust browns too quickly. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Fat 23g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 289mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "pineapple coconut mahi mahi recipes"
MAHI-MAHI WITH COCONUT & PINEAPPLE SALSA - CITYLINE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PINEAPPLE COCONUT MAHI-MAHI - THE SPICY OLIVE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
10 BEST MAHI MAHI PINEAPPLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - COOKING CHAT
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA RECIPE - CAT CAN COOK
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - PESTO AND POTATOES
10 BEST MAHI MAHI COCONUT MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAJUN MAHI MAHI WITH MANGO PINEAPPLE SALSA | EASY SEAFOOD RECIPE
SEARED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE, GRAPE & AVOCADO SALSA
PINEAPPLE-GLAZED MAHIMAHI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PAN-SEARED MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA | THE RISING …
GRILLED MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT BROWN RICE
MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE GLAZE, PEPPERS AND COCONUT …
COCONUT CRUSTED MAHI MAHI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SESAME MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE-CHILLI SALSA - TAYLORLIFE
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA | HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
COCONUT-CASHEW CRUSTED MAHI-MAHI | MAHI MAHI RECIPES
MAHI-MAHI WITH COCONUT AND PINEAPPLE SALSA - PREVENTION
MAHI MAHI W/PINEAPPLE MANGO CHUTNEY - COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
MAHIMAHI WITH PINEAPPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COCONUT CRUSTED MAHI MAHI - SARAH'S CUCINA BELLA
PEACH & PINEAPPLE COMPOTED GRILLLED MAHI-MAHI - RECIPE
MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - EAT WELL
COCONUT SAUCE FOR FISH - THERESCIPES.INFO
MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE GLAZE, PEPPERS AND COCONUT RICE – …
GRILLED MAHI MAHI WITH FRESH PINEAPPLE SALSA | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE RECIPE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SPICY COCONUT MAHI-MAHI - COOKING WITH RUTHIE
MAHI MAHI CRUSTED IN MACADAMIA NUT – PINEAPPLE SALSA
11 WONDERFUL (AND HEALTHY) WAYS TO COOK MAHI MAHI - PALEO GRUBS
GRILLED MAHI MAHI - THE COZY APRON
COCONUT CRUSTED MAHI MAHI RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, MAHI MAHI …
MAHI MAHI TACOS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA AND COCONUT LIME SLAW
SEARED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA . RECIPE
CHIPOTLE MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE & AVOCADO SALSA
TERIYAKI MAHI MAHI & COCONUT RICE - HINODE RICE
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE-MANGO SALSA - CELIAC MAMA
ORANGE & PINEAPPLE COMPOTED GRILLLED MAHI-MAHI - RECIPE
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE RECIPE BY ERIN - COOKEATSHARE
You'll also love