HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
For years, I had trouble finding a pizza sauce recipe my family liked, so I started making my own. The evening I served it to company and they asked for my recipe, I knew I'd finally got it right! When I prepare my sauce, I usually fix enough for three to four pizzas and freeze it. Feel free to spice up the sauce to suit your own family's tastes. -Cheryl Kravik, Spanaway, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce and paste. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cool. , Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen sauce in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 189mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
EASY PIZZA SAUCE I
- Mix together the tomato paste, water, and olive oil. Mix well. Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste, oregano, basil, and rosemary. Mix well and let stand several hours to let flavors blend. No cooking necessary, just spread on dough.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.3 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 169.5 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
BASIC PIZZA SAUCE
- Empty the contents of the tomato can in a mixing bowl and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a fork or your hands, leaving them just a little chunky. In a heavy bottom 2-quart saucepot, add the olive oil, over a medium high flame and heat a little. Add the onions and saute until slightly translucent. Add the garlic and saute about a minute until golden. Quickly add the crushed tomatoes to the mix. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add the fresh basil and oregano. You can add a touch of sugar if desired or if tomatoes are tart. Simmer on a low flame, stirring often for at least 15 minutes. If not using right away, cool down and store in airtight container in the refrigerator, up to 1 week.
- Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil into a hot pan over medium-high heat. Throw in the garlic and chopped onions and give them a stir. Cook until the onions are soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, whisking to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Cook until the liquid reduces by half. Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of sugar. Add the dried oregano and basil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
ULTIMATE PIZZA SAUCE
This pizza sauce recipe was given to me as a wedding present, written on the inside cover of a pizza cookbook. It is thick, saucy, spicy and delicious. I'll never use anything else on my homemade pizzas. I like to double or triple it and put it in Ziploc bags in my freezer.
Provided by SAMS_Club
Yield 1-2 pizzas, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large skillet, melt butter with the oil. Add the onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft and transparent.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer.
- Simmer for 30-60 minutes (or not at all depending on your taste and time frame).
- Remove the bay leaf and spread the sauce on your prepared pizza dough.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.1, Fat 10.8, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 9.8, Sodium 999, Carbohydrate 14.7, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 9.2, Protein 4.1
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet, and place over medium heat. Using your hands, squeeze tomatoes to crush them. Add to the warm olive oil, along with the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until the sauce is thick, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Pass sauce through a food mill, discard the seeds, and let cool.
Our rich tomato pizza sauce is achieved by cooking it over a low heat until thickened and glossy. It's easy to make and is perfect for pizza night.
Provided by Esther Clark
Yield makes 4-6 pizzas
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt. Fry gently for 12-15 mins or until the onion has softened and is turning translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further min. Tip in the tomatoes and purée along with the bay, oregano and sugar. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 mins or until thickened and reduced. Season. For a really smooth sauce, blitz with a stick blender, otherwise leave as is.
- Stir the basil into the sauce. The sauce will cover 4-6 large pizza bases. Keeps well in the fridge for 1 week or stored in a container in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.04 milligram of sodium
EASY PIZZA SAUCE
Have you ever ran out of the canned pizza sauce when you really needed it? This recipe is so good and easy you may never buy pizza sauce again. It is also great to use on cheese fries.
Provided by Bonnie Young
Yield 3 Cups, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine tomato paste, garlic, parsley flakes, onion, oregano, basil and water in 2 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium high heat until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cool a little and spread on your pizza crust and proceed with remainder of your toppings.
More about "pizza sauce recipes"
10 BEST PIZZA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
31 THINGS TO DO WITH LEFTOVER PIZZA SAUCE - BACINO’S
EASY PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - AUTHENTIC PIZZA PARLOR SAUCE RECIPE!
PIZZA SAUCE (BEST HOMEMADE RECIPE!) – A COUPLE COOKS
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA SAUCE - RECIPE | KITCHN
PIZZA SAUCE | RICARDO
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE (5-MINUTE RECIPE)
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE
PIZZA SAUCE | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
THE BEST PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - WOOD FIRED PIZZA OVEN
30 RECIPES THAT START WITH A JAR OF PIZZA SAUCE - TASTE OF …
THE BEST NEW YORK-STYLE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - STATE OF DINNER
10 BEST COPYCAT PIZZA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE (SIMPLE & NO COOK!) - AVERIE COOKS
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA RECIPE - BELLY FULL
HOW TO MAKE SUPERIOR PIZZA SAUCE FROM SCRATCH - THE TAKEOUT
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE
EASY NO-COOK PIZZA SAUCE | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
NEW YORK-STYLE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - HEBBAR'S KITCHEN
MAKE THE BEST DAMN PIZZA SAUCE – BAKING STEEL
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE: 15 DIFFERENT RECIPES TO TRY
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE (5- MINUTES)!
EASY NO-COOK PIZZA SAUCE | BREAD N SOUP
THICK & RICH HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
AN AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE.
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - OH SWEET BASIL
PIZZA WITH VODKA SAUCE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
22 WAYS TO USE UP PIZZA SAUCE (WITH RECIPES) - CRUST KINGDOM
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE- QUICK AND EASY!
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE (DOMINOS COPYCAT) - ALYONA’S COOKING
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE (10 MINUTES, THICK AND RICH ... - BOWL OF …
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #healthy #sauces #main-dish #condiments-etc #vegetables #american #european #kid-friendly #vegetarian #pizza #italian #food-processor-blender #stove-top #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #savory-sauces #egg-free #mushrooms #healthy-2 #free-of-something #low-in-something #onions #tomatoes #taste-mood #savory #equipment #small-appliance #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make homemade pizza sauce?In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, anchovy paste, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese. Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.
What is the best sauce to make pizza with?It's perfect for making homemade pizzas, or as a dipping sauce for breadsticks or garlic bread. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with oregano, basil, and parsley.
How to cook pizza dough with tomato sauce?DIRECTIONS In a large skillet, melt butter with the oil. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer. Simmer for 30-60 minutes (or not at all depending on your taste and time frame). Remove the bay leaf and spread the sauce on your prepared pizza dough.
How much salt should I add to my pizza sauce?You might be tempted to add more than 1/2 Tbsp salt but after the flavors meld, the sauce will be perfect. Also, remember your toppings (like cheese) will also add saltiness to your pizza.