CHICKEN FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH CHUNKY PEAR CHUTNEY
- Melt shortening in a deep skillet until it comes about 1-inch up the side of the pan. Heat to 360 degrees F.
- While shortening is heating, season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides, set aside. In a shallow bowl beat eggs, 1 tablespoon water, cayenne pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. In a paper bag mix flour and cornstarch. Coat pork chops in egg mixture, transfer to a paper bag, and shake until coated. Fry pork chops until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. (Keep pork chops in a warm oven if cooking all at once is not possible.)
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat and saute pears, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, except salt, and bring mixture to a boil. Turn heat to medium-high and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Season with salt, to taste. Remove from heat and serve with Chicken Fried Pork Chops.
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR CHUTNEY
- For chutney: In medium microwave-safe bowl, stir together shallot, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, ginger, curry powder, cinnamon stick, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper. Cover and seal with plastic wrap and heat in microwave oven on HIGH for 1 minute. Carefully remove plastic wrap and stir in pears and cranberries. Re-cover and microwave for 10 minutes more. Carefully poke holes in plastic wrap to release steam and set aside.
- For pork chops: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and heat until shimmering. Lay 4 chops in pan and sear until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook 1 more minute. Remove from pan; set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and chops. Add chutney to pan and, scrape up any brown bits from bottom using a wooden spoon. Simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in cilantro. Serve chops with chutney.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453, Fat 23 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Cholesterol 93 milligrams, Sodium 326 milligrams, Carbohydrate 33 grams, Fiber 4.5 grams, Protein 31 grams
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE GINGER CHUTNEY
This is a spicy spin on the old classic, pork chops & apple sauce! Chutney can be made several days in advance and refrigerated, or frozen and served any time. Variation: If you like it spicy, try using habaneros instead of jalapenos!
Provided by NetDiva Amy
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place pork chops in baking dish.
- Salt and pepper both sides.
- Drizzle about 1 tsp per chop over top and spread minced garlic thinly over top.
- Cook at 375°F for about 45 minutes.
- Peel, core, and chop apples into 1 inch pieces.
- Place apples in saucepan with lemon juice, garlic, sugar and vinegar.
- Peel ginger. You want about as much as the size of the top digit of your thumb. Mince it finely and add to pot.
- Mince jalapeños and onions and add to pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Then cover and simmer on low, stirring frequently.
- When apples start to become soft (about 30 min), add in raisins.
- Simmer over medium heat until apples are very soft. Turn off heat and mash with a potato masher. Leave it pretty chunky.
- Serve pork chops with about 1/8-1/4 cup of the apple chutney over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574.1, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 75, Sodium 71.8, Carbohydrate 79.5, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 72.9, Protein 23.5
PORK CHOPS AND APPLES
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place apples in 1 1/2-quart rectangular casserole. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes.
- Trim fat from edge of pork. Spray 8- or 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Cook pork in hot skillet about 6 minutes, turning once, until light brown.
- Place pork in single layer on apples. Cover and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink when cut near the bone, meat thermometer reads 145°F and apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 30 mg, Sugar 23 g, TransFat 0 g
BONELESS PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CHUTNEY
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of pork chops; add to skillet. Saute until golden brown, about 2 minutes; flip. Cook 2 minutes more; place pan in oven. Roast until meat is cooked through and registers 155 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat; add onion. Saute over medium heat until translucent and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Add apples; saute 4 minutes more. Add vinegar, raisins, ginger, mustard, and cayenne. Stir well to combine; cover. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until apples are very tender but hold their shape, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve over pork chops.
MOMMA PRITCHETT'S GRILLED PORK CHOPS AND APPLE-PEAR TOPPING
Well, I have yet to really eat good BBQ pork chops. I was tired of the three or four different baking methods and I decided to try something a bit different. If you are not into sweet, then this probably isn't the recipe for you. I would suggest squeezing a bit of lime juice over the meat in order to break up the sweetness. I have never paid attention to what type of pork chops I had either, I just grabbed and baked...but apparently it is all in the cut of the meat! I also froze a few heads of romaine lettuce for about an hour, divided it up into 8 portions, and added Parmesan cheese and dressing of choice.... MMMM!
Provided by Gigi
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup brown sugar, soy sauce, orange juice, brown mustard, honey, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and cumin until thoroughly combined and the sugar has dissolved. Place the pork chops into the marinade, and spoon marinade to cover the chops. Let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chops from the marinade, and discard marinade. Shake any excess drops of liquid from the chops, and grill until they are browned, no longer pink inside, and show good grill marks, about 8 minutes per side. Squeeze lime juice over the chops as they grill. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chop should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over high heat, then stir in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and cinnamon; bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the apple and pear slices, and cook, stirring often, until the fruit is coated with the butter mixture and softened but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Transfer the apple and pear slices to a grilling basket.
- Grill the fruit on the outdoor grill until the slices are browned, about 5 more minutes. Serve grilled fruit with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630.9 calories, Carbohydrate 67.5 g, Cholesterol 137.1 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 45.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 2198.8 mg, Sugar 53.6 g
PORK CHOPS WITH PINEAPPLE-APPLE CHUTNEY
- To prepare chutney, in a heavy medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except oil and pork chops; place over medium-low heat.
- Bring to simmer; if mixture is dry, add water, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, to keep mixture moist.
- Cook until mixture thickens and flavors blend, about 40-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In heavy 10-inch ovenproof skillet , heat oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add chops and saute 1-1 1/2 minutes each side, until browned.
- Place skillet in oven and cook another 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with pineapple-apple chutney.
- EACH SERVING PROVIDES: 1 Fat, 2 Fruits, 1/2 Vegetable, 3 Proteins, 15 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 338 Calories, 26 g Protein, 13 g Fat, 31 g Carbohydrate, 63 mg Sodium, 67 mg Cholesterol, 2 g Dietary Fiber; 7 points.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526.7, Fat 24.1, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 110.6, Sodium 114.3, Carbohydrate 43.3, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 31.8, Protein 35.5
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES
These moist tender chops get delicious flavor from Dijon mustard, onions and apple slices. Or try replacing the apples with pineapple rings for an appealing variation. I like to serve mashed sweet potatoes with this main course, along with a simple salad.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side. Season with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onions and apple wedges until crisp-tender. , Combine mustard and brown sugar; brush over chops. Return to the skillet; cook for 4 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 504mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
APPLE CHUTNEY CHOPS
When my husband and I lived in South Carolina for a year, some good friends served this wonderful pork and apple chutney recipe. It became an instant family favorite and tastes especially good served with Basmati rice. -Cher Anjema, Brampton, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with chutney.
Nutrition Facts :
APPLE PORK CHOPS
I started making this dish a few years ago after apple picking with my children. I was looking for something different to do with some of the apples and this sure is delicious! We all enjoy it and hope you do too!!
Provided by MNKENNEY
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in large skillet. Saute onion in oil for 1 minute, or until tender. Remove onion and set aside. Brown pork chops on both sides in oil.
- Place chops in an 8x12 inch baking dish and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Cover the chops with the apples and cooked onion.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, cloves and water. Pour over chops. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.2 g, Cholesterol 36 mg, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 14.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 316.3 mg, Sugar 14.6 g
More about "pork chops with apple pear chutney recipes"
SPICED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (50)Calories 321 per serving
- To prepare chutney, melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add cranberries and the next 6 ingredients (through allspice); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until apples are tender; stir occasionally.
- To prepare pork, while chutney simmers, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine chipotle and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper); sprinkle over pork. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with chutney.
- Slender haricots verts are a pretty and quick-cooking complement to the meal. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 12 ounces haricots verts to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves; cook 5 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned.
SHOULDA BEEN A CHEF....!: PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE-PEAR …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PORK CHOPS AND CHUTNEY - THERESCIPES.INFO
PECAN-CRUSTED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE BY ...
PECAN CRUSTED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CHUTNEY | THE MODERN ...
CINNAMON PORK CHOPS WITH SPICED PEAR CHUTNEY | PALEO LEAP
PORK CHOPS WITH CHUTNEY SAUCE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PORK CHOPS AND PEAR CHUTNEY - JESSICA GAVIN
10 BEST PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS AND APPLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
PEAR PORK CHOPS RECIPE
APPLE CHUTNEY FOR PORK CHOPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BRINED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY PEAR CHUTNEY
BRINED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY PEAR CHUTNEY - USA PEARS
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR CHUTNEY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR AND ONION CHUTNEY | METRO
HERB MARINATED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CHUTNEY - INQUIRING CHEF
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CHUTNEY – ABERRDEN
APPLE CHUTNEY FOR PORK CHOPS, CHEESE BOARDS & MORE
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CHUTNEY - MY RECIPE CONFESSIONS
PORK CHOP RECIPES WITH PEARS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR CHUTNEY RECIPE
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE & PEAR CHUTNEY | RECIPE | PORK ...
APPLE PEAR CHUTNEY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICED APPLE CHUTNEY - THE ORIGINAL ...
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
FLAVORFUL PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY APPLE CHUTNEY - RECIPES
CHUTNEY FOR PORK - THERESCIPES.INFO
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE & PEAR CHUTNEY | RECIPE CART
You'll also love