So good broiled, wonderful luncheon or dinner with a Greek salad and rice pilaf. adapted from Canadian Living mag. (cook time includes 10 minutes marinating time) The photo shows them in a pita, have tried them both ways in and on, equally good either way, also so good just over rice, preferable brown rice.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Trim and cut pork into 1 inch cubes.
- In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add pork and stir to coat.
- Marinate for 10 minutes (make ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours).
- evenly thread pork onto six 8 inch skewers; place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush with marinade.
- Broil 6 inches away from heat, turning halfway through, until just a hint of pink remains inside, about 12 minutes.
- Spread tzatziki over each pita.
- Remove pork from skewers and place on pitas; fold over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475.9, Fat 24, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 71.4, Sodium 476, Carbohydrate 35.2, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.1, Protein 28.1
Seasoned bits of pork or lamb are allowed to season in a Mediterranean marinade for as long as you can stand it! Wonderful with rice and a cucumber and tomato salad. Serve with lemon slices and chopped parsley.
Provided by alsoanurse
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place pork tenderloin cubes into a gallon-sized resealable bag.
- Stir olive oil, dry white wine, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Pour over pork in the bag and mix well.
- Let pork marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 day, up to 5 days.
- Remove pork cubes from marinade and thread onto metal skewers. Place bay leaf pieces between meat cubes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Arrange skewers on the preheated grill. Turn the kabobs and baste with marinade frequently for the first 10 minutes of cooking, then discard marinade. Cook about 5 minutes longer, until pork is cooked through and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 49 mg, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 17.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 59.3 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SOUVLAKI -- SMALL SKEWERS OF PORK
- Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour. In a bowl, toss together pork, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, thyme, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. On the 8-inch skewers place 5 pieces of meat. Lay on a hot grill and grill slowly (no flame) continuing to brush on marinade, until meat is done. Serve immediately in a pita, topped with Shredded Salad.
- Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl, taste and adjust seasonings.
CHICKEN AND PORK SOUVLAKI
- For the chicken and pork: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, oregano, salt, Aleppo pepper, black pepper and garlic.
- Place the chicken and pork into 2 separate mixing bowls. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken and the other half over the pork. Marinate, refrigerated, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Set up your grill for indirect heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the coals on one side only. If using a gas grill, heat one side only.
- Remove the chicken and pork from the marinade, allowing excess to drain off. Keeping the chicken and pork on separate skewers, thread 4 pieces of meat onto each skewer towards the top and covering the tip of the skewer.
- Place the skewers on the direct-heat side of the grill to char on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Then move to the indirect-heat side of the grill, cover with the lid and cook until the chicken and pork are cooked through, about 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees F and the pork reaches 145 degrees F. Stack the skewers on a platter.
- For the onions and lemons: Drizzle the onions and lemons with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the direct-heat side of the grill. Cook the lemons until charred, about 3 minutes. Cook the onions until tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the onions and lemons to the platter with the souvlaki. Serve with romaine, pita and tzatziki.
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, and garlic; add pork, onions, and green peppers, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread pork, peppers, and onions onto skewers.
- Lightly oil grate. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning skewers frequently for even cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 65.4 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 24.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 353.5 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
Serve our speedy pork souvlaki skewers when you're in need of a quick and easy midweek meal. Serve with flatbreads and yogurt and chilli sauces on the side
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put the pork in a large bowl with the oil, oregano, lemon zest and juice and paprika as well as a good pinch of salt. Toss everything together to combine and leave to marinate for 10 mins.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic and cucumber together in a bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- Heat the grill to high. Thread the marinated pork and the peppers on four metal skewers, alternating between the pork and peppers as you go. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and grill for 3-4 mins on each side, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with the lettuce, yogurt mixture and chilli sauce, and flatbreads, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 25 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
More about "pork tenderloin souvlaki recipes"
SOUVLAKI MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
4.9/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Main CoursePublished 2020-02-26
SLOW COOKER PORK SOUVLAKI - THE LEMON BOWL®
PORK SOUVLAKI WITH HALLOUMI PEPPER SKEWERS - DAIRY FARMERS OF …
PORK TENDERLOIN SOUVLAKI – KOSTERINA
OVEN BAKED PORK SOUVLAKI (KABOBS) - EYES CLOSED COOKING
PORK SOUVLAKI RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
BEST QUICK AND EASY RECIPES, HOW-TOS AND TIPS | FOOD NETWORK …
GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN: GREEK MARINADE = JUICY AND TENDER
SOUVLAKI FROM PORK TENDERLOIN - BBQ-HEROES
PORK TENDERLOIN SOUVLAKI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
AUTHENTIC GREEK SOUVLAKI RECIPE - PORK SKEWERS AS MADE …
GREEK PORK SOUVLAKI - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
PORK SOUVLAKI | RICARDO
PORK SOUVLAKI RECIPE
PORK TENDERLOIN SOUVLAKI - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
BEST SOUVLAKI-STYLE PORK TENDERLOIN WITH A TOMATO, OLIVE, FETA ...
PORK SOUVLAKI WITH LEMON RICE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
PORK SOUVLAKI (SKEWERS) WITH TZATZIKI SAUCE - MY GREEK DISH
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH PEPPERCORN GRAVY - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
HOMEMADE GREEK PORK GYROS SOUVLAKI RECIPE - MY GREEK DISH
EASY PORK SOUVLAKI RECIPE | AMOTHERWORLD
OVEN-ROASTED SOUVLAKI - BETTER THAN BOUILLON
PORK SOUVLAKI & MARINADE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE SOUVLAKI FROM …
SOUVLAKI PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE
PORK SOUVLAKI - ULTIMATE GREEK SKEWERS - FED BY SAB
OVEN-ROASTED PORK SOUVLAKI WITH VEGETABLES - MANITOBA PORK
SOUVLAKI (Σουβλάκι) | KALOFAGAS.CA
BEST PORK SOUVLAKI WITH TZATZIKI AND TOMATO-ONION SALAD RECIPE
PORK SOUVLAKI — TRAVELS THROUGH MY KITCHEN
PORK SOUVLAKI WITH CLASSIC GREEK SALAD - CITYLINE
RECIPE - PORK SOUVLAKI
TRADITIONAL PORK SOUVLAKI RECIPE
SOUVLAKI (GRILLED GREEK PORK SKEWERS) RECIPE - CURIOUS CUISINIERE
PORK SOUVLAKI WITH TZATZIKI - A CEDAR SPOON
SOUVLAKI-STYLE PORK TENDERLOIN WITH MIXED VEGETABLES
GRILLED PORK SOUVLAKI RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
GREEK PORK SOUVLAKI WITH MARINADE - DELICIOUS BY DESIGN
GRILLED PORK SHOULDER SOUVLAKI - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
PORK SOUVLAKI WITH TZATZIKI RECIPE - GRACE PARISI - FOOD & WINE
PORK SOUVLAKI WITH LEMON RICE RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
PORK SOUVLAKI RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make souvlaki with pork?Pork Souvlaki: While cucumber is draining, trim and cut pork into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; add pork and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.) Thread pork onto metal skewers; brush with any remaining marinade.
How to cook pork tenderloin with silver skin?In a large bowl, whisk olive oil with lemon juice, oregano and salt. Remove the silver skin from the pork tenderloin and cut into small pieces. Add pork tenderloin pieces, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least one hour.
How to cook pork tenderloin kebabs?In a large bowl, whisk olive oil with lemon juice, oregano and salt. Remove the silver skin from the pork tenderloin and cut into small pieces. Add pork tenderloin pieces, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least one hour. Thread pork onto small skewers, usually about 4-5 pieces per skewer. Place on a greased baking sheet.
How do you cook souvlaki skewers?Combine olive oil, fresh lemon juice, finely minced garlic, oregano and chopped rosemary with salt and pepper and mix well. Pour the souvlaki marinade over the pork and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes, but up to 24 hours. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes then carefully slide...