PORTUGUESE BARBECUED CHICKEN
- Combine wine, lemon rind, and juice, tomato paste, oil, paprika, hot pepper sauce, salt, and garlic; pour over chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover or bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat; skin side down for 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook, brushing with marinade an additional 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- Place potatoes, carrots, celery and onion in a pot. Pour in wine, add sugar, salt, and oil. Add 2 cups of chicken broth. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- While vegetables cook, brown chorizo in a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- If your leftover chicken was frozen, defrost in microwave. If the leftovers were refrigerated, continue with recipe method as below.
- Remove the cover from the vegetables and add chorizo to the vegetables. Stir in tomato sauce. Set cooked chicken into the pot and heat through, 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Ladle Portuguese Chicken into shallow bowls and garnish with parsley. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
HOMEMADE PORTUGUESE CHICKEN
This Portuguese chicken can be baked or grilled. You may double or triple the recipe (or more if required) for bigger batches of chicken. An easy recipe to make several servings for a party!
Provided by Juliette D.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, chili powder, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until very smooth.
- Score chicken legs a few times using a knife and place in a resealable bag or a bowl. Pour about 1/3 cup of sauce over chicken and toss well. Season with additional sea salt. Cover or seal and marinate chicken in a refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight. Reserve remaining sauce for basting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn chicken over and baste with extra marinade. Cover baking dish with foil once again and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near a bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.5 g, Cholesterol 139.8 mg, Fat 34.5 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 40.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 660.8 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
PORTUGUESE BARBEQUED CHICKEN
A moist and flavorful chicken that is so easy to make. I always make extra garlic oil to have on hand.
Provided by Chef Gorete
Yield 1 chicken, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place the chicken in a heavy bag and set in a large bowl.
- In a small pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the whole crushed garlic cloves to the oil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the oil stand until cool.
- Remove the garlic from the cooled oil and discard. Combine the oil, paprika, piri-piri sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder and the salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken, turning to coat, then close bag and refrigerate overnight, turning several times. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Remove the chicken from the marinade. Lay the carrots in the roasting pan then place the chicken on top of the carrots. Pour the marinade over the chicken then add the water to the pan. Bake in the oven, basting regularly for approximately 120 - 180 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 180°F (add a bit more water if sauce gets dry). Add the potatoes to the roasting pan after the chicken has been in the oven for 1/2 an hour. Taste the potatoes for salt and adjust to suit your taste. I like my sauce nice and red, so will usually add extra paprika while it's cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Strain the marinade from the pan and serve with the chicken.
- ***Alternatively, the chicken can be placed on a rotisserie rod with a drip pan placed below and slightly in front of the bird to catch any drippings and prevent flare-ups as the bird rotates. Add the remaining marinade and water to the drip pan. Grill the chicken on a medium-high setting, brushing often with the marinade. Barbeque for approximately 120 minutes, or until the meat thermometer registers 180°F I have also cut up the chicken prior to marinating it, then barbequed it low and slow on the grill -- delicious.***.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 932.8, Fat 53.9, SaturatedFat 12.7, Cholesterol 162.6, Sodium 576.7, Carbohydrate 66.6, Fiber 8.9, Sugar 4.2, Protein 45.9
PORTUGUESE BRAISED CHICKEN
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage, onion, and bell pepper; saute until vegetables are softened and sausage is browned, about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate, leaving drippings in the pot.
- Combine oregano, basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and rub on chicken. Add chicken to the pot, raise heat to medium-high, and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Stir sausage and vegetable mixture into the pot with wine, broth, bay leaves, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, covered, until chicken is no longer pink in the centers, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve chicken with orange wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540.2 calories, Carbohydrate 3.3 g, Cholesterol 172.9 mg, Fat 39.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 37.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 725.2 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
More about "portuguese barbequed chicken recipes"
PORTUGUESE-STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (68)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory Main Dishes
- In a small saucepan over high heat, brown the shallots in ¼ cup (60 ml) of the oil. Add the piri piri and paprika. Cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining oil (¼ cup/60 ml), the wine, broth and butter. Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- On a work surface, place the chicken, breast side down. With a chef’s knife or kitchen shears, remove the backbone and push down to open the chicken flat.
PORTUGUESE BBQ PERI PERI CHICKEN (HOMEMADE …
5/5 (14)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 529 per serving
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients (except for the Sriracha) together until well combined. Mix in 2-4 teaspoons of Sriracha, taste test, and work up from there until reaching your desired level of heat (or leave it out all together if you don't want any spice at all).
- Using 3/4 of the marinade, coat the chicken evenly on the outside, as well as under the skin where possible (the breast especially), until fully coated in sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night if time allows. (I recommend a minimum marinade time of two hours for this chicken. The longer you leave it, the better the flavours.)
- When ready to cook, arrange oven shelf to the middle of the oven, and preheat to 470°F | 245°C.
- Place chicken on well-greased grill over medium heat, skin-side down, for 10-12 minutes, until the skin begins to have a nice char on it. Add 2 more tablespoons of vegetable oil to the remaining marinade. Flip and baste with a small amount of sauce (not too much or it will burn on your grill plates). Close barbecue lid and cook for 40-45 minutes, flipping once or twice while cooking, until chicken is completely cooked through and juices run clear.
PORTUGUESE BARBECUED CHICKEN | CANADIAN LIVING
SIMPLE & EASY PORTUGUESE BARBECUE CHICKEN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PORTUGUESE BBQ PERI PERI CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
PORTUGUESE-STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
PORTUGUESE STYLE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN - BROILKING
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN RECIPE : SBS FOOD
RECIPE | FRANGO GRELHADO | PORTUGUESE GRILLED CHICKEN - REEDVALLEY
PORTUGUESE BARBECUED CHICKEN (FRANGO NO CHURRASCO) - FRESH …
HONEY PIRI PIRI CHICKEN PORTUGUESE CHURRASCO RECIPE RECEITA
PORTUGUESE GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN ( AKA PERI PERI CHICKEN) WITH CRISPY …
PORTUGUESE PERI-PERI CHICKEN - SUCCULENT 'FLATTIE' ON THE BARBECUE
PORTUGUESE GRILLED CHICKEN AND RICE (FRANGO NO CHURRASCO)
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN – BAR-BE-QUICK
BARBECUED CHICKEN | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
CHICKEN PORTUGUESE | CHICKEN.CA
PORTUGUESE STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN (FRANGO GRELHADO)
PORTUGUESE-STYLE ROAST CHICKEN | PHOTOS & FOOD
PORTUGUESE MARINATED CHICKEN RECIPE - SIZZLING EATS
PORTUGUESE GRILLED CHICKEN (PIRI PIRI) RECIPE - URBAINE CITY
FRANGO GRELHADO (PORTUGUESE GRILLED CHICKEN) - BIGOVEN.COM
PORTUGUESE BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
10 BEST PORTUGUESE SAUCE FOR CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORTUGUESE BBQ CHICKEN AT HOME - I COOK AND PAINT
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN - PIRI PIRI GRILLED CHICKEN - GLEBE KITCHEN
PORTUGUESE BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
HOW TO | BBQ CHICKEN PORTUGUESE STYLE | ANDY ALLEN COOKS
PORTUGAL CHICKEN RECIPE - NAPOLEON
QUICK AND EASY PORTUGUESE-STYLE CHICKEN - RICARDO
PORTUGUESE GRILLED PIRI PIRI CHICKEN - HOMEMADE NANDO'S CHICKEN!
AUTHENTIC PORTUGUESE PIRI PIRI CHICKEN RECIPE - I REALLY LIKE FOOD
PIRI-PIRI BARBECUED CHICKEN | CANADIAN LIVING
BARBECUE PIRI-PIRI CHICKEN | DJ BBQ IN PORTUGAL - YOUTUBE
EASY PORTUGUESE STYLE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN - PHOTOS & FOOD
PORTUGUESE BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE | RECIPE | CHICKEN RECIPES, …
PIRI PIRI CHICKEN – PORTUGUESE GRILLED CHICKEN
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #poultry #easy #european #portuguese #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love