BROCCOLI SCALLOPED POTATOES
The combination of ham and cheese creates a wonderfully smoky flavor. I also love that I can cook an entire meal-vegetable and all-in one standout dish. -Denell Syslo, Fullerton, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour, white pepper and salt until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes., Stir in 1 cup cheese. Reduce heat; cook until cheese is melted (sauce will be thick), 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat., Add potatoes, ham and broccoli to sauce; stir gently to coat. Transfer to 8 greased 8-oz. ramekins., Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309 calories, Fat 17g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 626mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
POTATO AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream soups, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and mustard. Stir in potatoes and broccoli. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 697 calories, Carbohydrate 88.2 g, Cholesterol 70.3 mg, Fat 28.3 g, Fiber 10.6 g, Protein 24.5 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 1104.3 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
BROCCOLI, POTATO, AND TOFU CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 3- to 5-pound weight on top. Press tofu for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour olive oil in the bottom of a casserole dish. Add potatoes and garlic; toss to combine.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, drain and discard the accumulated liquid from the tofu. Chop tofu into small cubes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and stir in broccoli and tofu cubes. Bake for 10 minutes. Mix in Cheddar cheese and bake until cheese has melted, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 538.2 calories, Carbohydrate 39.4 g, Cholesterol 59.3 mg, Fat 31.4 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 29.1 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 394.4 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
CHEESY POTATO AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan (or any size pan that will hold the mixture).
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the 2 Tbsp butter; whisk in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg; whisk and cook for 1 minute, add in the half and half cream; whisk until thickened and bubbly.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese (if using), cream cheese and the cheddar Or Swiss cheese; stir until the cheese are completely melted.
- Stir in the hash brown potatoes; mix until combined.
- Spoon HALF of the mixture into a prepared baking dish; top with the broccoli, spoon the remaining mixture over the broccoli.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese, mix to combine; add in melted butter, mix well.
- Remove the casserole from the oven.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture just around the edges of the casserole; bake 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven; let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: do not overcook the broccoli, as it will become too soft when baked in the casserole.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 717.6, Fat 46.7, SaturatedFat 28.5, Cholesterol 132.1, Sodium 544, Carbohydrate 59.8, Fiber 6, Sugar 2.2, Protein 19.1
SMASHED POTATO-BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
My family loves this casserole. It always turns out creamy. It is a comfort food for us and we love to have it on a cold winter night. On the WW plan it is core if you omit the cheddar cheese.
Provided by utahmomtotwo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Quarter potatoes, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return potatoes and reserved liquid to pan; mash with a potato masher until slightly chunky.
- Add broccoli, onion, cottage cheese, dill weed, salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.9, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 14.7, Sodium 279.2, Carbohydrate 27.9, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 4.2, Protein 8.2
More about "potato and broccoli casserole recipes"
BAKED POTATO CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - BAREFEET IN ...
4.8/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 6-8
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch square baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and then transfer them back to the hot pot.
- While the potatoes are boiling, steam or roast the broccoli until hot and barely softened. It should still be a little bit crisp. Drain any liquid from the broccoli. Cook the bacon, chop or crumble and set aside.
- Place the pot with the potatoes back over the warm (but turned off) burner, if you have a gas stove turn the heat to the lowest possible setting. (This will help evaporate any water left in the pan and keep the mashed potatoes nice and fluffy.) Smash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked broccoli, the chicken, the bacon, and 1 cup of cheese to the pot. Stir to mix throughout and then transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the casserole is heated through. Enjoy!
BROCCOLI AND POTATO CASSEROLE - DAMN DELICIOUS
Reviews 8Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6
VEGAN POTATO BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT ...
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
10 BEST POTATO BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE - TRIAL AND …
4.1/5 (145)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 880 per serving
- In a casserole dish (I used a 9x13), add chopped potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat with spoon or hands.
- Bake at 375°F. for 45-55 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Gently stir potatoes and then top with shredded cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
POTATO AND BROCCOLI RABE CASSEROLE - FATFREE VEGAN KITCHEN
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 224 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Oil a 2-quart casserole dish. Cut the potatoes into quarters (1/2-inch cubes if they’re large). Place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring once, until they are slightly tender and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and transfer to the casserole dish. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the roasted red pepper.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the broccoli rabe. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and have ready a large bowl of water and ice. Cut off and discard the broccoli rabe’s thick stems. Chop the leaves and smaller stems into 2-inch pieces. Add about a tablespoon of salt to the boiling water and add the broccoli rabe. Return to a boil and cook until the rabe is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and plunge into the prepared ice water. Keep it in the ice water until the potatoes are in the casserole dish. Then, drain the water and dry the greens as best you can (spinning them in a salad spinner helps). Put them on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place tofu and remaining ingredients in a blender, and puree until very smooth. Pour over the broccoli rabe. Use a spoon to gently open holes through the greens so that the tofu mixture penetrates it. Smooth the top so that tofu layer is even and covers all the rabe.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until liquid has thickened. (Shallow baking dishes will take less time than deep ones.) Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
POTATO BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (LOW-FAT BAKE) - WHERE IS MY SPOON
4.5/5 (12)Total Time 40 minsCategory Vegetarian RecipesCalories 348 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add some salt, and cook the potatoes for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime divide the broccoli head into florets and chop the stem into cubes. Add to the potatoes and cook everything for another 5 minutes. Drain well and place the vegetables into a casserole dish, of about 32x23 cm/ 12x9 inch.
- Warm the vegetable stock in a small pot, remove from the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until completely melted.
- Whisk the milk and the flour until smooth, add it to the vegetable stock-cream cheese mixture, and bring everything to a boil while stirring all the time. Remove from the heat, add the chives, and salt, pepper, and curry to taste.
CHEESY BROCCOLI POTATO CASSEROLE - LIFE CURRENTS SIDE DISH
Reviews 2Category Breakfast, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- In a large bowl mix together all remaining ingredients so that the sour cream coats all of the potatoes and broccoli. Butter or lightly spray with non-stick spray, a casserole dish or 13x9-inch pan. Place the broccoli potato mixture in the prepared casserole dish, and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Carefully uncover, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is starting to brown, and the casserole is bubbling.
CHEESY VEGAN POTATO & BROCCOLI CASSEROLE » I LOVE VEGAN
4.7/5 (23)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory SideCalories 203 per serving
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of vegan butter medium-high heat. Add the chopped red onion and cook until translucent and tender. Whisk in the flour, garlic powder, turmeric, and paprika. Cook for 1 minute.
CHEESY BROCCOLI POTATO CASSEROLE - THE SHORTCUT KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 460 per serving
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water along with garlic cloves. Boil for 13-15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Place broccoli in a microwavable bowl, add 1 cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 3 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain well. (Or steam broccoli on the stove if you prefer).
CREAMY VEGAN POTATO BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (GLUTEN-FREE)
4.4/5 (31)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 392 per serving
BROCCOLI AND POTATO CASSEROLE - CALMING BLENDS
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 30 secsCategory Holiday Recipes
POTATO, BROCCOLI AND AMARANTH CASSEROLE RECIPE | EAT ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Lunch, Dinner, Main CourseCalories 443 per serving
SMASHED POTATO-AND-BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (4)Calories 292 per servingServings 6
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR POTATO CASSEROLE | THE BLOND COOK
5/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 6
BROCCOLI CHEESE POTATO CASSEROLE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
Ratings 4Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
CREAMY BROCCOLI POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN …
4.8/5 (8)Total Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 275 per serving
BEEF, BROCCOLI AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE
3.9/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 38 minsServings 8Calories 465 per serving
BROCCOLI CHEESE POTATO RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
POTATO AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE
POTATO AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPES
10 BEST BROCCOLI SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
12 BEST BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #casseroles #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #oven #easy #holiday-event #vegetarian #dietary #comfort-food #broccoli #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put in a potato and broccoli casserole?Directions. In a large bowl, mix together cream soups, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and mustard. Stir in potatoes and broccoli. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
How long to bake potatoes and broccoli in oven?Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 3 quart casserole dish. In a large bowl, mix together cream soups, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and mustard. Stir in potatoes and broccoli. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
How to cook mashed potatoes and broccoli?Spread mashed potatoes into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with cheeses, topped with broccoli. Place into oven and bake until heated through and the cheese has melted, about 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Corn Flakes, if desired.
How to cook potatoes and broccoli in a crock pot?Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat with spoon or hands. Add in broccoli and chopped bell pepper, and sprinkle with thyme. Top with slices of butter. Bake at 375°F. for 45-55 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Gently stir potatoes and then top with shredded cheese.