PASTA AND POTATO PIEROGI LASAGNA
- For the potatoes: Bring a pot of water with the cubed potatoes to a boil and boil until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain. Heat the milk and butter in a pot, then add it to the cooked potatoes and mash until smooth. Mix in the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the meat and cabbage: Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and sausage and cook, stirring and breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes, then add the meat back in and stir. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste bubbles a bit but does not brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens, and bring it to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper, then lower the heat and add the Cheddar. Cook until a smooth sauce is obtained. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- For the assembly: Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with some cooking spray. Spoon a thin layer of the cheese sauce on the bottom of the dish, then place 4 of the noodles on the sauce. Top with a third of the meat-cabbage mixture, a third of the potatoes and a third of the cheese sauce. Layer in another 4 noodles, another third of the meat-cabbage mixture, potatoes and cheese sauce and sprinkle in half of the Parmesan. Repeat the layers one more time, then top the final layer with the remaining Parmesan. Bake until golden, 30 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Boil potatoes, then mash them together with the margarine, marble cheese, and salts.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the parmesean, egg, and garlic powder.
- Alternate 3 noodles, then cheese mixture, 3 noodles, then potatoes. 3 noodles on top.
- Saute onions with the oil & bacon in small pan. pour over top layer of noodles.
- Bake covered at 375 for 45 minutes. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.3, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 49.9, Sodium 409, Carbohydrate 26.7, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 1.2, Protein 12.8
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Once the water is boiling, stir in the lasagna noodles, about 3 or 4 at a time, and return to a boil. Cook the noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes per batch. Drain well in a colander set in the sink, and lay the cooked noodles flat on waxed paper or aluminum foil while you finish cooking the rest of the noodles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x11-inch baking dish.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes with the milk and butter until smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon of onion salt, and season with salt and pepper. Set the mashed potatoes aside to cool. When cooled, mix with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and almost crisp, about 10 minutes. Place the onion into the hot bacon fat, and cook and stir until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Break the bacon into pieces with a spoon or spatula, and set the bacon and onion aside. Mix the cottage cheese, egg, and 1 teaspoon of onion salt in a bowl.
- To make the casserole, place 3 lasagna noodles into the prepared baking dish, and spread with the cottage cheese mixture in an even layer. Top the cottage cheese with 3 more lasagna noodles, then spread potato-cheese mixture in a layer. Top the mashed potato layer with 3 more noodles, then spread the bacon and onion into an even layer on top of the casserole.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the casserole is hot, about 30 minutes. Allow to set for about 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.5 calories, Carbohydrate 27.6 g, Cholesterol 45.7 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 16.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 689.2 mg, Sugar 4 g
POTATO PIEROGI LASAGNA #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a simple way to get all the taste of pierogi without all the steps of making individual pierogies.
Provided by jimmysage
Yield 1 casserole, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While noodles cook, in a medium bowl mix Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes and 1/2 cup of the sour cream. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees. Spray a 8 X 11 X 2-inch glass baking dish or casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange two lasagna noodles in bottom of prepared dish.
- Spread potato mixture evenly over noodles in pan.
- Arrange two more noodles atop potatoes.
- Spread sauerkraut evenly over noodles.
- Arrange last two noodles over sauerkraut.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup sour cream over noodles.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 35 minutes, until heated through.
- To serve, cut through all layers with sharp knife and serve with large pancake turner.
- Makes 4 generous servings or 6 regular servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.5, Fat 6.8, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 20.1, Sodium 782, Carbohydrate 34.4, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 3, Protein 7.5
More about "potato pierogi lasagna 5fix recipes"
PIEROGI LASAGNA (MASHED POTATO LASAGNA) | A MIND "FULL" …
4.8/5 (28)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
10 BEST POTATO AND CHEESE PIEROGI LASAGNA RECIPES
PIEROGI LASAGNA (MASHED POTATO LASAGNA) - FOOD NEWS
EASY TO MAKE PIEROGI LASAGNA ROLLS | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
PIEROGI LASAGNA RECIPE - BELLY FULL
PIEROGI LASAGNA - WHAT THE FORKS FOR DINNER
PIEROGI LASAGNA | RECIPE | RECIPES, LASAGNA, PIEROGI LASAGNA RECIPE
PIEROGI LASAGNA | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, COOKING RECIPES
PIEROGI LASAGNA | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, PIEROGI …
PASTA AND POTATO PIEROGI LASAGNA – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
MR. FOOD'S PIEROGI MAGIC (POTATO LASAGNA) RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE PIEROGI LASAGNA WITH LEFTOVER MASHED POTATOES
POLISH PIEROGI LASAGNA (PIEROGI CASSEROLE) - TASTY CASSEROLES
PIEROGI LASAGNA - RECIPES FOOD AND COOKING
PIEROGI LASAGNA | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, BAKED DISHES
PIEROGI LASAGNA - SON SHINE KITCHEN
POTATO PIEROGI CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PIEROGI LASAGNA - IT IS A KEEPER
POTATO PIEROGI LASAGNA - RECIPES - PAGE 4 | COOKS.COM
PIEROGI LASAGNA RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
PIEROGI LASAGNA - MOORE OR LESS COOKING
PIEROGI LASAGNA - THE FOOD IN MY BEARD
PIEROGI LASAGNA RECIPE - BOB EVANS FARMS
PASTA AND POTATO PIEROGI LASAGNA | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, FOOD …
CHEESY PIEROGI LASAGNA | CRAFTY HOUSE
10 BEST PIEROGI CASSEROLE WITH LASAGNA NOODLES RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHEESY PIEROGI LASAGNA - 12 TOMATOES
DELICIOUS PIEROGI LASAGNA RECIPE - YOUTUBE
PASTA AND POTATO PIEROGI LASAGNA WITH STUART O'KEEFFE | EASY …
POTATO PIEROGIES RECIPES | MICHAEL FOODS
PIEROGI LASAGNA | MRFOOD.COM
PIEROGI LASAGNA — YOUNGSTOWNRECIPES.COM
PIEROGI LASAGNA - ENDLESS RECIPES
PIEROGI LASAGNA - KATIE'S CUCINA
PIEROGI LASAGNA - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT, RECIPES, HEALTH, LIFE, …
PIEROGI LASAGNA - YOUTUBE
PASTA AND POTATO PIEROGI LASAGNA – RECIPES NETWORK
POTATO PIEROGI LASAGNA - RECIPES - PAGE 5 | COOKS.COM
PIEROGI LASAGNA CASSEROLE BEST RECIPES
RECIPE FOR PIEROGI LASAGNA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
QUCK AND EASY PIEROGI LASAGNA | THE BEST WAY TO COOK FROZEN …
PIEROGI LASAGNA | RECIPE | PIEROGI LASAGNA RECIPE, RECIPES, FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is pierogi lasagna?Pierogi Lasgana is made with leftover mashed potatoes, cheese, and lasagna noodles, for a comforting, creamy potato lasagna that tastes like pierogis. Cook Mode Prevents your screen from going dark while preparing the recipe. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 9x13 pan. Spread 2 cups of mashed potatoes on the bottom pan.
How do you make lasagna with mashed potatoes?Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions with a little salt and pepper until soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir onion mixture and 1/2 the cheese into the mashed potatoes. Spread 4 of the lasagna noodles on the bottom of casserole dish and top with 1/2 of the potato mixture.
How do you make lasagna with ricotta cheese?Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Boil potatoes, then mash them together with the margarine, marble cheese, and salts. Mix the ricotta cheese with the parmesean, egg, and garlic powder. Alternate 3 noodles, then cheese mixture, 3 noodles, then potatoes. 3 noodles on top.
What is a good substitute for frozen pierogies?This simple meatless pierogi casserole with onions, which includes lasagna noodles layered with cheese and mashed potatoes may not be as good as grandma’s, but it’s a nice alternative to frozen pierogies. This homemade pierogi casserole recipe is very economical, but unlike pierogies made from scratch, you wont spend all day in the kitchen.