DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD
In this delightful Deviled Egg Potato Salad recipe, creamy deviled eggs and classic potato salad come together to make a perfect dish for every picnic, cookout, or party.
Provided by Michelle
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut potatoes in half. In a large pot, boil potatoes with enough water to cover and boil potatoes just until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain when done, and place in a bowl to chill in the refrigerator. When the potatoes are cooled down enough to handle, but still warm, peel using a paring knife. Then cube the potatoes.
- Peel and slice hard boiled eggs in half. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl, and set aside the egg whites.
- Mash the egg yolks, as you would for deviled eggs.
- Add mayo, mustard, and vinegar to the mashed egg yolks and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Fold dill relish into egg yolk mixture.
- Chop the egg whites and add them in with the diced potatoes. Gently toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight, before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 362 kcal, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 27 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 198 mg, Sodium 341 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 1 g
DEVILED EGG-POTATO SALAD
If you were to read a guide on How to Throw a Southern Cookout, you could expect to see a chapter on Classic Dishes That Must be Served. Among the dishes listed you would find fried chicken, pulled pork, and squash casserole, as well as deviled eggs and potato salad. While there are as many variations on these two dishes as there are stars in the heavens, we can all agree that the best way to fix them is the way our Mom did it.We aren't here to upset the apple cart, but we would like to introduce one more variation on these two favorite dishes. We actually combined deviled eggs and potato salad into one bowl, creating a salad that is the best of both worlds. This salad has the classic elements of yellow mustard and pickle relish, plus a dash of hot sauce. If you want to kick things up a bit, add more hot sauce, some red pepper flakes or a diced hot pepper. For a pretty presentation, place the paprika in a fine mesh sieve to achieve a uniform sprinkle of paprika on top of your potato salad.
Provided by Southern Living Editors
Yield Serves 6 (serving size: 1 cup)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place potatoes, water, and 2 tablespoons of the salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat to medium-high; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; chill 10 minutes.
- While potatoes simmer, coarsely chop 3 of the eggs; transfer to a large serving bowl. Cut remaining 3 eggs in half; scoop yolks into a small bowl. Coarsely chop egg whites; add to chopped eggs in large bowl. Add mayonnaise, parsley, relish, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt to yolks in small bowl; stir until combined and smooth.
- Transfer chilled potatoes to chopped eggs in large bowl; add mayonnaise mixture and celery. Stir gently to combine. Garnish with paprika.
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD
- Cover potatoes with water by 1 inch in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan; add water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil. Remove pan from heat; cover, and let stand 7 minutes. Drain, and run eggs under cold water to cool.
- Peel and halve eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and transfer to a bowl; mash with a fork. Mix in mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, paprika, and 2 tablespoons water; press through a sieve. Roughly chop egg whites; add to yolk mixture along with potatoes, celery, and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine; top with more celery and onion.
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE
- Place eggs in a large pot over medium-high heat and cover with water. Bring to a boil then place lid on pot and remove from heat. Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes, then place the eggs in a bowl of cold water. Once cool, peel the eggs and set aside.
- Place cubed potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water until cool; set aside.
- Cut the eggs in half, remove the yolks and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Coarsely chop the egg whites and set aside.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork and add mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Fold in hardboiled eggs, cooked potatoes, diced celery, and green onions and mix until incorporated.
- Sprinkle paprika on top for garnish, cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 209 mg, Sodium 508 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 7 g, ServingSize 1 serving
DEVILED POTATO AND EGG SALAD
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a medium pot, add the eggs and cover with water. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, then cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let the eggs stand 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, then roll and crack the shells. Put the eggs into cold water a few minutes to loosen the shells. Peel and chop the eggs and put them into a small bowl.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium heat and salt the water. Cook until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Warm the chicken stock in small pot over low heat while the potatoes cook.
- Drain the potatoes, put them into a serving bowl and douse them with stock while very hot. Grate the onion over the potatoes. Stir in the chile pepper, celery, paprika, parsley and salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, hot sauce and oil.
- Add the eggs to the potato salad and pour in the dressing. Toss to combine and serve.
POTATO SALAD DEVILED EGGS
- Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Pour out the hot water, then cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel once cold. Slice the cooled eggs in half lengthwise, and scoop out and reserve the yolks.
- While the eggs are cooking, place the cut-up potato into a saucepan with water to cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the potato pieces are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the potato, and let cool.
- In a bowl, mash the reserved egg yolks with pickle relish, mustard, creamy dressing, salt, and pepper until well combined. Place the potato into a bowl, and coarsely mash with a fork. Lightly combine the potato with the yolk mixture. Stuff each egg half generously with potato salad, and sprinkle with paprika. Cover and chill until ready to serve, at least 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 93.4 mg, Fat 2.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 52.1 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
DEVILED POTATO SALAD
- Boil potatoes in water seasoned with coarse salt until they are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain cooked potatoes and return to the warm pot to dry them out. Let the potatoes stand 2 minutes, then spread potatoes out on to a cookie sheet to quick-cool them.
- In the bottom of a medium mixing bowl, grate 1/4 onion using a hand grater. Add mustard and mayonnaise, paprika and cayenne pepper sauce to the grated onion and stir to combine. Add potatoes to the bowl and stir to evenly distribute dressing. Season potato salad with salt and pepper and taste to adjust your seasonings. Top servings of salad with chopped scallions.
POTATO DEVILED EGGS RECIPE BY TASTY
Eggs and potatoes are a classic combo, but we bet you've never had them like this! The egg whites are swapped out for the potato cups, which are filled the classic creamy egg yolk filling (save the whites for another use!). Topped with fresh chives and crunchy bacon, these make the perfect one-bite snack for your next gathering.
Provided by Chris Salicrup
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add the potatoes and 1½ teaspoons of salt to a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cook for 10-12 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork. Drain and let cool completely.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, cut in half and use a measuring spoon to scoop out 1 teaspoon of the center of each half.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks, sour cream, mustard, pepper, chives, and the remaining 1½ teaspoons of salt. Mash together with a fork until smooth.
- Transfer the deviled egg filling to a zip-top plastic bag. Snip off a corner of the bag to create an opening.
- Pipe the filling into the potato cups. Garnish with the bacon and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "potato salad deviled eggs recipes"
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
DEVILLED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
THE BEST DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - WITH SWEET HONEY
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
POTATO AND EGG SALAD - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - BOWL ME OVER
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - COUNTRY LIVING
BACON DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
PERFECT POTATO SALAD RECIPE WITH EGGS - THE SPRUCE EATS
POTATO SALAD DEVILED EGGS - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD | MCCORMICK
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD (WITH MAYONNAISE AND PICKLES)
PONDEROSA STEAKHOUSE - DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE — THE MOM 100
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - CAROLINE CHAMBERS
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE - FROM VAL'S KITCHEN
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD SEASONAL DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD
DELICIOUS DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - COOKING WITH TYANNE
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE HOW TO - YOUTUBE
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - ABOUT A MOM
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD – MY ROI LIST
RUSSIAN DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
IDAHO® POTATO SALAD DEVILED EGGS
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
CREAMY DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - ONLYPANS RECIPES
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD | CLUB HOUSE CA
SKINNY DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
THE BEST POTATO SALAD WITH EGG - MOM'S DINNER
POTATO SALAD DEVILED EGGS (NO MAYO) - EVERYDAY HEALTHY RECIPES
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD SALADS - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
POTATO SALAD DEVILED EGGS - DEVILED EGG RECIPES
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD RECIPE! — BUNS IN MY OVEN
BLACK FOLKS SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - THE SOUL FOOD POT
DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD • THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
You'll also love