POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- Cover potatoes with salted cold water by 2 inches in a 5- to 6-quart pot and simmer, uncovered, until just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool slightly.
- While potatoes are simmering, whisk together sugar and 3 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- When potatoes are just cool enough to handle, peel and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices, adding to vinegar mixture as sliced and tossing gently to combine.
- Whisk together shallot, mustard, and remaining tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Add dressing to potatoes, then season with salt and pepper and stir gently with a rubber spatula.
POTATO SALAD WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE
There's nothing complicated about this potato salad - it's really just boiled red potatoes tossed with a simple Dijon mustard vinaigrette and a generous smattering of scallions and fresh herbs - and that's the beauty of it. It's served cold or at room temperature, and its flavor gets better as it sits, making it an ideal dish to bring to a potluck or a picnic.
Provided by William Norwich
Categories casseroles, side dish
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the potatoes in a large stockpot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. When cool, cut the potatoes in half.
- Combine the vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Add the potatoes to the vinaigrette, and mix gently but thoroughly. Toss in the scallions, parsley and dill. Salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 209, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 396 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
POTATO SALAD WITH 7-MINUTE EGGS AND MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- Steam potatoes, covered, in a metal steamer basket set in a large pot over boiling water until tender, 20-30 minutes, depending on size. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water until whites are set and yolks are still slightly soft, 7 minutes. Drain; transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill until cold. Drain and peel; set eggs aside.
- Toast mustard seeds in a dry small skillet over medium-low heat, tossing constantly, until seeds start to pop, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl (be ready with bowl; once seeds get going, it's chaos).
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, and honey in a large bowl. Whisking constantly, gradually add oil; whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Set 3 tablespoons vinaigrette aside for drizzling.
- Halve potatoes and add to bowl with vinaigrette. Add parsley and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter. Halve reserved eggs and tuck in between potatoes. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette. Top with pickles, chives, and toasted mustard seeds.
- Do Ahead
- Eggs can be boiled 1 day ahead; drain, cover, and chill. Peel just before using. Vinaigrette can be made 3 days ahead; cover and chill.
MUSTARD-VINAIGRETTE ROASTED POTATO SALAD
Skip the mayo and the dairy in an updated version of potato salad that's sure to be a hit at your next picnic. Serve it warm the day it's made, or let the flavors deepen in the refrigerator overnight.
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 450°F. In 13x9 pan, toss together potatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Roast uncovered about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until potatoes are golden and tender.
- In medium bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon juice and honey. Add roasted potatoes; including garlic, oil and parsley. Using a rubber spatula, stir mixture until potatoes are coated. Let stand 15 minutes to marinate before serving, or cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
NEW POTATO SALAD IN MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
A lighter potato salad packed with flavor. Buy the tiniest potatoes you can find. From Robin Leach's Healthy Lifestyles Cookbook.
Provided by DonnaColorado Johns
Yield 1 bowl, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; fill with cold water to cover by 2 or 3 inches. Bring to boil over moderately high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until fork-tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 3. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake well. Taste and correct the seasonings.
- 4. If desired, peel potatoes. (I don't) Quarter each potato and place in bowl. Shake vinaigrette again and pour over the warm potatoes. Gently fold together until potatoes are covered with vinaigrette. Serve warm or cover and chill, tossing occasionally.
FRENCH POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- To make the vinaigrette: whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- To make the Dijon-basil mayonnaise: whisk together all the ingredients until well blended; cover and refrigerate until set to use.
- To make the salad: Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan; add in salt and lower heat to medium.
- Add in potaotes and cook, covered, about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cool under running water and drain.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add potatoes, green onions, and parsley in a bowl.
- Add in the vinaigrette; toss lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours.
- Serve with Dijon-Basil Mayonnaise--top the salad with a dollop.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470, Fat 23.7, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 4.1, Sodium 476.4, Carbohydrate 58.3, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 6, Protein 7.8
MUSTARD POTATO SALAD RECIPE
- Prepare hard-boiled eggs using the desired method, peel, and set aside to cool.
- Wash potatoes and quarter.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with a little bit of salt. Boil potatoes until very tender.
- Combine mayo, mustard, diced dill pickles, apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt, and pepper.
- Mash potatoes with five of the hard-boiled eggs. Mix in dressing.
- Refrigerate and serve cold. Top with a sliced hard-boiled egg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 121 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 20 grams fat, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 444 grams sodium, Sugar 4 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams unsaturated fat
MOM'S MUSTARD STYLE POTATO SALAD
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, place in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, celery, relish and pimentos.
- Blend together the mustard and salad dressing, add to salad and mix well. Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.1 calories, Carbohydrate 52.5 g, Cholesterol 71.5 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 8.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 116.9 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE AND BACON POTATO SALAD RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by KatrinaB
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Halve the potatoes and boil in salted water 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cook the bacon and chop into small pieces. Dice the red onion. For the vinaigrette: combine the mustard, vinegar and honey and whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the vinaigrette with the warm potatoes. Fold in the bacon, onion and parsley. Serve warm.
MUSTARD POTATO SALAD
This dish is so fast to put together and it will disappear that fast also. It works well at any potluck.-American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook until tender but firm. Drain and cool. In a bowl, combine egg salad, mayonnaise, mustard, onion and salt. Stir in cooled potatoes. Cover and chill. Serve on lettuce leaves; garnish with radishes if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "potato salad with mustard vinaigrette recipes"
BEST POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - HOW …
Cuisine AmericanCategory Fourth of July, Summer, SaladServings 10-12Total Time 30 mins
EASY NEW POTATO SALAD RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER POTATO …
ROASTED POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD-PECAN VINAIGRETTE
10 BEST POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD AND MAYONNAISE …
FINGERLING POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
Total Time 30 minsCalories 231 per serving
POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - BIGOVEN.COM
10 BEST POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD AND MAYONNAISE RECIPES
ROASTED POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - TASTY KITCHEN
NEW POTATO SALAD IN MUSTARD DILL VINAIGRETTE
ROASTED POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD-WALNUT VINAIGRETTE | TASTE
POTATO SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE | CHEW OUT LOUD
ITALIAN POTATO SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - COOKIN CANUCK
SPONEY'S IGA - NEW POTATO SALAD IN MUSTARD DILL VINAIGRETTE
EASY GRILLED POTATO SALAD (WITH WARM MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE)
10 MUSTARD POTATO SALAD RECIPES TO PLEASE A CROWD
THE BEST POTATO SALAD WITH GRAINY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
MINFORD IGA - RECIPE: NEW POTATO SALAD IN MUSTARD DILL VINAIGRETTE
POTATO SALAD WITH 6-MINUTE EGGS AND MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
POTATO SALAD WITH GRAINY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HERB AND MUSTARD POTATO SALAD - NO MAYO POTATO SALAD
POTATO SALAD WITH OLIVES, CAPERS, AND MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE RECIPE …
MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE POTATO SALAD (MAYO-FREE) - LITTLE …
POTATO SALAD WITH GRAINY MUSTARD AND APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE …
ROASTED POTATO SALAD WITH CRISPY PROSCIUTTO & MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - INSTYLE.COM
HOW TO MAKE FINGERLING POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
EASY WARM POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - SUNSHINE AND …
RED SKINNED POTATO SALAD WITH THREE MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
MUSTARD POTATO SALAD (HEALTHY & FLAVOR-PACKED) - THE …
POTATO SALAD RECIPES FROM INA GARTEN, MARTHA STEWART & MORE – …
SIMPLE FRENCH-STYLE POTATO SALAD | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
POTATO SALAD WITH WARM MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE — CRAZY BLONDE LIFE
MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE POTATO SALAD - CHICK IN THE KITCHEN
POTATO SALAD - I AM HOMESTEADER
RECIPE: POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - SEATTLE YMCA
GRILLED POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD SEED VINAIGRETTE
GERMAN POTATO SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a potato salad with vinegar and mustard?Preparation. Place the potatoes in a large stockpot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. When cool, cut the potatoes in half. Combine the vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the potatoes to the vinaigrette,...
How to cook potatoes in a vinaigrette?Preparation Place the potatoes in a large stockpot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Combine the vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the potatoes to the vinaigrette, and mix gently but thoroughly. Toss in the scallions, parsley and dill.
How to cook potatoes with tarragon and mustard?In a bowl, whisk together the onion, mustard, 2 tablespoons of the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and then add the tarragon. Put the potatoes in a large pot of cold, well-salted water to cover.
How long do you boil potatoes to make potato salad?Cover with water by 3 inches; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain well. Add hot potatoes to dressing; toss gently to coat.