With pecans so plentiful in Texas, these sweet crunchy nuts have become an expected tradition. Everyone in my family asks me to make them again and again for festive gatherings.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, water, honey and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; do not stir. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; add extracts. Cool to lukewarm without stirring., Beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes or until creamy. Stir in pecans until coated. Turn onto waxed paper (mixture will be sticky); separate large clumps. Cool for several hours or until dry and sugary. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Fat 19g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 8mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
Here is as incredibly easy recipe for candied pecans - perfect for gift-giving or Christmas party dessert treats.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Line 15x10-inch pan with sides with waxed paper. In heavy 3-quart saucepan, stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, milk and corn syrup. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 7 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, to 234°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into a cup of very cold water forms a ball that flattens when removed from water.
- Remove from heat; vigorously stir in pecans. Spoon mixture into pan, spreading in even layer. Let stand 20 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fat 3, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 30 mg
PECAN PRALINES (OLD FASHIONED)
- Combine sugar, margarine and milk.
- Cook to a soft ball stage.
- (when a little placed in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball) Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Stir until it begins to thicken (doesn't take long, will have to work fast).
- Drop by tablespoons on waxed paper or buttered dish.
- Ready to eat when cooled.
- Store remainder in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.2, Fat 16.2, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 3.6, Sodium 66.7, Carbohydrate 13.4, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 10.6, Protein 2.3
PRALINE PECANS & CRANBERRIES
This recipe I found during the holidays and I made a few batches for Christmas parties. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe.-Nancy Roman, Hackensack, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place pecans in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Drizzle over pecans; stir until coated., Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Add cranberries; toss to combine. Immediately transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346 calories, Fat 27g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 50mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SWEET COATED PECANS
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, beat the egg white until foamy. Mix in cinnamon, sugar, salt, and water. Mix well. Stir in pecan halves, stirring until well coated. Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.6 calories, Carbohydrate 33.1 g, Fat 40.8 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 225.1 mg, Sugar 27.3 g
PECAN PRALINE MORSELS (PAULA DEEN)
I saw Paula Deen make these on the Food Network and they look wonderful - like candy coated pecans. They would be a great addition to your holiday cookie trays.
Provided by Marie
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until coating is dry, and slightly crystallized, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and remove from baking sheet.
- If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container.
To accompany [Ice-Cream Bombes with Brandied Dried Cranberries and Cherries](/recipes/recipe_views/views/13611)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a dry heavy saucepan cook sugar over moderate heat, stirring with a fork, until melted and cook, without stirring, swirling pan, until a golden caramel. Stir in pecans with salt until coated well. Immediately pour mixture onto baking sheet, tilting baking sheet to make a thin layer, and cool completely, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove praline in shards from baking sheet. Break about one eighth shards into smaller pieces and in a food processor pulse until ground coarse. Break remaining praline into 12 shards for garnishing desserts. Praline may be made 2 days ahead, ground praline kept in an airtight container at cool room temperature (if it clumps, regrind in food processor before using), and shards kept between sheets of wax paper in another airtight container at room temperature.
CANDY COATED PECANS
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Spray the wax paper with cooking spray.
- Beat egg white until stiff. Add brown sugar and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Mix in pecans and stir until coated. Pour the nuts onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake until browned, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Fat 31.1 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 8.6 mg, Sugar 12.4 g
More about "praline coated pecans recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE PRALINE PECANS - JEN AROUND THE WORLD
Reviews 98Calories 264 per servingCategory Appetizers
PRALINE PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (9)Total Time 40 minsServings 8
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 234°.
- Remove from heat, and vigorously stir in pecans. Spoon pecan mixture onto wax paper, spreading in an even layer. Let stand 20 minutes or until firm. Break praline-coated pecans apart into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week. Freeze in an airtight container or zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 1 month.
17 RECIPES THAT FEATURE PRALINE PECANS - JEN AROUND THE …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
EASY CREAMY PECAN PRALINES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY CINNAMON PECAN PRALINE RECIPE (HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS …
CANDIED PECANS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
PECAN PRALINES RECIPE (MICROWAVE) - THIS IS HOW I COOK
HOW TO MAKE PRALINE PECANS IN 4 EASY STEPS - MISSISSIPPIMOM.COM
PRALINE GLAZED PECANS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BEST SOUTHERN PRALINE PECANS RECIPE - LIFE LOVE AND …
PRALINE COATED PECANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SOUTHERN PECAN PRALINES | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
PRALINE PECANS RECIPE
CHEWY TEXAS PECAN PRALINES - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
PRALINE GLAZED PECANS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BOURBON CANDIED PECANS - PECAN RECIPES | GASTRONOM COCKTAILS
PRALINE COATED PECANS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOUTHERN PECAN PRALINES RECIPE
PRALINE COATED PECAN RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PECAN PRALINES - CULINARY HILL
CANDIED PRALINE PECANS - GREEN VALLEY PECAN COMPANY
PRALINE PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PECAN PRALINE RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
PRALINE PECANS - AN EASY SNACK PERFECT FOR ANYTIME - YOUTUBE
THE EASIEST CANDIED PECANS RECIPE - COOKIES AND CUPS
HOW TO MAKE PRALINE PECANS - YOUTUBE
BEST NEW ORLEANS PECAN PRALINES RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON
CANDIED PECANS RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
10 BEST BROWN SUGAR COATED PECANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOFFEE PECANS - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
PECAN PRALINE RECIPES - UNIQUE FOR FALL
OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN PECAN PRALINES - AUTHENTIC CHARLESTON …
SOUTHERN PECAN PRALINES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
PECAN PRALINE MORSELS (WITH VIDEO) - PUDGE FACTOR
PRALINE RECIPE - PECAN PRALINES - DELISH
PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH PRALINE CREAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PECAN PRALINES - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
PRALINE COVERED PECANS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PECAN PRALINE CRUNCH SNACK MIX | BUNS IN MY OVEN
You'll also love