INSTANT POT® MUSHROOM RISOTTO
Creamy risotto with softened mushrooms and a sprinkling of cheese seems like a dish best ordered at a restaurant instead of made at home. That's because traditionally risotto is made slowly, stirring often, adding 1/4 cup of hot stock at a time, then more stirring. It's a labor-intensive dish that's worth the fuss. However, risotto made in a pressure cooker is so simple and quick that it feels like cheating. It's not. This is the real stuff. You'll probably start making risotto far more often after you try this one.
Provided by Shauna James Ahern
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Select the Saute function on an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add butter and olive oil; stir until butter melts, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in onion; cook for 2 minutes. Add rosemary sprig; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir rice into the pot until each grain is coated with butter-olive oil mixture, about 2 minutes. Pour in wine; simmer for 3 minutes. Pour in chicken stock, stirring to scrape the sides of the pot. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Close and lock the lid. Turn the venting knob to sealing. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 6 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Tap venting knob a few times with a wooden spoon or spatula. Stand back; turn knob to point at Vent. Remove lid when pressure is released, about 5 minutes.
- Stir risotto until creamy, about 1 minute. Discard rosemary sprig. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted and combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 644.9 calories, Carbohydrate 76.6 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 28.7 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 881.4 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
MUSHROOM RISOTTO IN PRESSURE COOKER
- In a presssure cooker, heat 4tbs Olive oil and 2 Tbs Butter.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute until translucent.
- Add portabella and rice. Stir until rice is coated with oil.
- Add Chicken broth.
- Cover and cook under high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure and add remaining 2 TBS of butter. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE
Risotto is notorious for taking at least half an hour of constant stirring. Here's a mushroom risotto that's creamy, intensely flavored, and ready in less time. How? Pull out the pressure cooker.
Provided by J. Kenji López-Alt
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place chicken stock and dried mushrooms (if using) in a microwave-safe container and microwave on high power until simmering, about 5 minutes. Remove from microwave. Using a slotted spoon, transfer porcini to a cutting board and roughly chop. Add fresh mushroom scraps to container with porcini-infused stock and set aside. Alternatively, heat stock and dried mushrooms (if using) in a small saucepan until simmering, then remove from heat, transfer porcini to a cutting board and roughly chop; add fresh mushroom scraps to saucepan and set aside to infuse.
- Heat olive oil and butter in the base of a pressure cooker over high heat, swirling, until foaming subsides. Add fresh mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until excess moisture has evaporated and mushrooms are well browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and chopped porcini (if using) and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are softened and aromatic, about 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until rice is evenly coated in oil and toasted but not browned, 3 to 4 minutes. (Rice grains should start to look like tiny ice cubes: translucent around the edges and cloudy in the center.) Stir in soy sauce and miso paste until evenly incorporated.
- Add wine and cook, stirring, until raw alcohol smell has cooked off and wine has almost fully evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Pour stock into pot through a fine-mesh strainer, discarding mushroom stems. Scrape any grains of rice or pieces of onion from side of pressure cooker so that they are fully submerged. Close pressure cooker and bring up to low pressure (10 psi on most units). Cook at low pressure for 5 minutes, then depressurize cooker, either by running it under cold water if it is not electric or using the steam-release valve if it is electric.
- Open pressure cooker and stir to combine rice and cooking liquid; a creamy consistency should begin to develop. Stir in cream (if using), cheese, and herbs. If risotto is too soupy, cook for a few minutes longer, stirring, until it begins to thicken more. If it is too thick, stir in some hot water. It should flow slowly when you drag a trail through it with a spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately on hot plates, passing extra cheese at the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320 kcal, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 22 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 961 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 18 g, ServingSize Serves 4 to 6, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SHANNON'S MUSHROOM RISOTTO - PRESSURE COOKER
- In pressure cooker, simmer chopped onions in hot olive oil and butter for three minutes, stirring often. Do not brown.
- Add mushrooms and Arborio and stir constantly for additional minute.
- Add broth and wine; stir.
- Close lid and bring up to high pressure and cook for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure using cold-water release.
- Stir thoroughly, adding in grated Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 391.7, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 13.8, Sodium 604.2, Carbohydrate 58, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 2.5, Protein 10.6
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO
This creamy risotto gets its rich flavor from leeks, wild mushrooms and white wine. Best of all, you can add the broth all at once -- no standing at the stove and stirring throughout!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, leeks, thyme, 6 tablespoons of the butter, 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a 6-quart Instant Pot®. Set the pot to high saute (see Cook's Note) and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have reduced in volume and are beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is opaque but not browning, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until most of the wine has been absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth and stir to combine. Follow the manufacturer's guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on low for 15 minutes.
- After the pressure-cook cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release. Being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir the rice mixture, scraping the bottom to make sure nothing is stuck. Set the pot to high saute and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the Parmesan and remaining 4 tablespoons butter and stir to combine. Serve with additional Parmesan.
MUSHROOM RISOTTO COOKED IN THE INSTANT POT®
Pressure cooker adaptation of Gourmet Mushroom Risotto from this site.
Provided by Becky
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add oil and shallots to the hot pot. Saute until shallot is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stir until toasted, about 2 minutes. Pour in wine and cook until liquid evaporates. Add broth and stir until well combined.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Meanwhile, heat up more olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic salt, and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are tender and have released their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Add risotto to the mushrooms. Stir in Parmesan cheese and chives until the cheese has melted. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.9 calories, Carbohydrate 34.2 g, Cholesterol 3.9 mg, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 227.3 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
PRESSURE-COOKER RISOTTO WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS
Portobello mushrooms add an earthy flavor to this creamy classic, while shredded rotisserie chicken makes it a snap to prepare. You'll savor every bite. -Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- On a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, select the saute setting; adjust for medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp. butter and oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir until the rice is coated, 2-3 minutes., Stir in wine and lemon juice; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Press cancel. Pour in broth. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on low for 4 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Stir until combined; continue stirring until creamy., Stir in the remaining ingredients and the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat; heat through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 636 calories, Fat 26g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 101mg cholesterol, Sodium 1411mg sodium, Carbohydrate 66g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO
Making risotto in an electric pressure cooker means no stirring, and no ladling of stock one cup at a time. Just set the time, walk away, and make a drink.
Provided by Nick Kindelsperger
Yield Makes about 5 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Set Instant Pot on medium heat or "Sauté" and pour oil into cooker insert. Add mushrooms and cook until any moisture they've released is evaporated and they start to brown, about 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add onion, stir to combine, and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add rice and stir until chalky white, about 3 minutes. Add wine and cook until mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Stir in stock. Lock on lid, making sure steam-release valve is in the proper sealed position. Select "Manual" and program for 5 minutes at high pressure (it will take about 10 minutes for the pressure to build before cooking automatically begins).
- As soon as the time has elapsed, turn off cooker, "Quick Release" the steam, and unlock lid. Stir with a wooden spoon; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide risotto among bowls. Top with parsley and Parmesan and serve.
PRESSURE COOKER PORCINI RISOTTO
This recipe, adapted from the slow-cooking maven Lorna Sass, proves that pressure cookers shouldn't be associated with overcooked food. The rice turns out perfectly in the end, and you save a lot of time and effort. It's finished off with peas for a bit of color, and the usual cheese, salt and pepper. It's a meal that will justify buying that pressurized pot.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil over high heat in a 2 1/2-quart or larger stovetop pressure cooker, or in an electric pressure cooker using the sauté function. Add the onions, and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in the rice, taking care to coat it with the oil. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the wine. Cook over high heat until the rice has absorbed the wine, about 30 seconds. Stir in 3 cups of the broth and the porcini, taking care to scrape up any rice that might be sticking to the bottom of the cooker.
- Lock the lid in place. Over high heat, bring to high pressure. Reduce the heat just enough to maintain high pressure, and cook for 4 minutes. Turn off the heat. Quick-release the pressure by setting the cooker under cold running water. Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow the steam to escape. If using an electric cooker, cook at high pressure for 4 minutes. Manually release the pressure.
- Set the cooker over medium-high heat or turn on the sauté function, and stir vigorously. The risotto will look fairly soupy at this point. Boil while stirring every minute or so, until the mixture thickens and the rice is tender but still chewy, 1 to 4 minutes. Stir in the peas when the rice is almost done. (if the mixture becomes dry before the rice is done, stir in the extra 1/2 cup of broth. The finished risotto should be slightly runny; it will continue to thicken as it sits on the plate.)
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with a little parsley. Pass extra Parmesan at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 436, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 73 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 853 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
More about "pressure cooker mushroom risotto recipes"
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO | RICARDO
5/5 (28)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Dishes
THE BEST INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO - JAR OF LEMONS
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO - THE FOODIE EATS
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO - THE CREATIVE BITE
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO - THE HAPPY MUSTARD SEED
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST ...
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - SERIOUSEAT.ORG
TOP 44 PRESSURE COOKER INSTRUCTIONS RECIPES
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO | TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
EASY PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO - MEALTHY.COM
EASY PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO - DAMN DELICIOUS
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO – INFRAOVENS®
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO - PRESSURE LUCK COOKING
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO (READY IN 30 MINUTES!) - FIT ...
PRESSURE COOKER RISOTTO IN 7 MINUTES! ⋆ HIP PRESSURE COOKING
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
PRESSURE COOKER RISOTTO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO (PRESSURE COOKER) - THIS OLD GAL
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE + VIDEO - A SPICY ...
MARTHA STEWART'S PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO ~SWEET & SAVORY
EASY PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO - EIGHT FOREST LANE
CREAMY MUSHROOM RISOTTO - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND PARMESAN INSTANT POT RISOTTO - MY ...
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO | RECIPELION.COM
INSTANT POT RISOTTO - PRESSURE COOK RECIPES
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - OUR TABLE
TOP 47 FAGOR PRESSURE COOKER PARTS RECIPES
PRESSURE COOKER MUSHROOM RISOTTO - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
PRESSURE COOKER EASY MUSHROOM RISOTTO - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
INSTANT POT CREAMY MUSHROOM RISOTTO - THE BITTER SIDE OF SWEET
PRESSURE COOKER VEGAN MUSHROOM RISOTTO - MEALTHY.COM
PRESSURE COOKER RISOTTO WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM …
SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN RISOTTO : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM RISOTTO [IT'S SO EASY!] - THIS ...
MUSHROOM RISOTTO | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook risotto in a pressure cooker?HOW TO MAKE RISOTTO IN A PRESSURE COOKER Set your pressure cooker to the “Sauté” setting and adjust to “More”. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil; add onions, garlic and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, about 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
How to cook rice with mushrooms in a pressure cooker?HOW TO MAKE RISOTTO IN A PRESSURE COOKER Set your pressure cooker to the “Sauté” setting and adjust to “More”. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir rice and let it lightly fry; keep stirring it. Secure the lid to the pressure cooker.
How to cook portabella mushrooms in a pressure cooker?DIRECTIONS In a presssure cooker, heat 4tbs Olive oil and 2 Tbs Butter. Add onion and garlic. Add portabella and rice. Add Chicken broth. Cover and cook under high pressure for 7 minutes. Release pressure and add remaining 2 TBS of butter.
How to cook risotto rice in an Instant Pot?Start by pressing the “sauté” button on your instant pot. Let it heat for a minute, then add the olive oil and the mushrooms (1) and cook them until they’re softened (2). Add the diced onion and garlic (3) and cook for another minute, until softened (4). Then, add in the risotto rice (5).