PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE
Meet the Cook: For me, baking is a relaxation rather than a chore. This is one of my favorites, a dessert I adapted from a neighbor's recipe for praline chocolate pie. The house my husband and I live in is in the suburbs, overlooking fields. -Sandra Haase, Baltimore, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of pie shell. Prick sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°., For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, flour and spices in a large bowl; stir in pumpkin. Gradually add cream. Pour into pastry shell. If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. , Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344 calories, Fat 16g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 95mg cholesterol, Sodium 279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE II
This fantastic recipe has been in my family for years. Its spicy custard filling with praline crust complements any holiday meal. You may substitute evaporated milk for the cream, if you prefer.
Provided by MFDay
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C.) In a small bowl, combine pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar and butter. Press firmly into bottom of unbaked pie shell. Bake in oven 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, 2/3 cup brown sugar, flour, cloves, mace, cinnamon, salt and ginger. Blend in cream until mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour into partially baked shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.3 calories, Carbohydrate 42.4 g, Cholesterol 73.9 mg, Fat 20 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 394 mg, Sugar 28 g
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE I
This is an easy pumpkin pie that everyone loved at a church dinner. Different from the same old filling. It has a layer of pralines on the bottom of the pie shell, and then is filled with a stove top cooked filling. Garnish with whipped topping and chopped pecans.
Provided by Loye Schulthess
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan, and stir in the 1/2 cup chopped pecans and brown sugar. Cook until bubbly. Spread over the bottom of cooled pie shell.
- Combine custard mix, white sugar, and spices in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk, milk, and pumpkin puree. Cook while stirring until bubbly. Cover, and cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour pumpkin custard filling into pie shell, and chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.4 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 23 mg, Fat 18 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 347.9 mg, Sugar 28.7 g
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE
A great choice when you can't decide whether to make pumpkin or pecan pie! I adore this pie. I think the praline layer adds a lovely new dimension to the traditional pumpkin pie. The pumpkin layer is the best I've ever had also. Very light and tasty without being overly sweet. A few people weren't crazy about it though because they said there was something 'wrong' with having nuts in a pumpkin pie. LOL! That's okay, that just means more for me!! And yes, you can double the praline layer, I do. You will end up with a little too much filling, but the pie will turn out fine.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine the pecans, sugar and butter; press into the bottom of pie shell.
- Prick sides of pastry with a fork.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes; cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine first eight filling ingredients; stir in pumpkin.
- Gradually add cream.
- Pour into pie shell.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439.9, Fat 23.1, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 107.5, Sodium 360.5, Carbohydrate 54.3, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 35.8, Protein 6.5
PRALINE PUMPKIN PECAN PIE
My husband and I are not big fans of traditional pumpkin pie, but my mother and others are, so we must have pumpkin pie as one of the desserts at Thanksgiving. I decided to meet everyone halfway with this pumpkin pecan pie recipe and it was a hit. Now I bring it to Thanksgiving every year. My mother doesn't even feel the need to bake her own pumpkin pie! -Emily Reese, Glade Hill, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix crushed cookies, pecans, brown sugar and salt; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., For filling, in a large bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin, milk, spices and salt. Pour into crust. Bake on a middle oven rack until center is set, 50-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour., For topping, in a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream, corn syrup, butter and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 240° (firm-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour over pie immediately. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 684 calories, Fat 35g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 91mg cholesterol, Sodium 372mg sodium, Carbohydrate 89g carbohydrate (74g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
PRALINE PUMPKIN DESSERT
Eat cake instead of pumpkin pie! Made easier with a cake mix and baked in a pan everyone has, this dessert feeds a crowd!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan. In medium bowl, beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until smooth. Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
- To serve, cut dessert into 4 rows by 3 rows. Serve warm or chilled with dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 160 mg, Sugar 23 g, TransFat 1/2 g
PUMPKIN PRALINE PIE
Give traditional pumpkin pie and upgrade with our recipe for Pumpkin Praline Pie! Buttery, brown-sugary pecans lend their unmistakable flavor to this delicious Praline Pumpkin Pie that makes a beautiful centerpiece for any Thanksgiving dessert buffet.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Thanksgiving Pumpkin Desserts
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter in small saucepan on medium heat. Add nuts and sugar; mix well. Bring to boil. Cook 30 sec., stirring constantly. Spread onto bottom of crust. Cool.
- Beat pudding mixes, spice, milk and pumpkin in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP. Spread over nut layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Top with remaining COOL WHIP just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE (PAULA DEEN)
If you are partial to sweet potatoes (as I am), substitute them for pumpkin. From The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook and then updated from her Kitchen Classics to include 2 more eggs (original recipe just called for 3 whole eggs, separated).
Provided by SharleneW
Yield 1 9-inch pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blend pecans with 1/3 cup brown sugar and softened butter.
- Press gently with back of a spoon into bottom of unbaked pie shell.
- Blend all remaining ingredients except egg whites and granulated sugar.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Make a meringue by beating egg whites until stiff, adding 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and beating again briefly.
- Return to 425°F oven just to brown meringue.
- Chill and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.6, Fat 33.3, SaturatedFat 15.3, Cholesterol 201, Sodium 426.4, Carbohydrate 40.6, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 26.7, Protein 7
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE
- In medium bowl, mix flour and salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary).
- Gather pastry into a ball. Shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate about 45 minutes or until dough is firm and cold, yet pliable. This allows the shortening to become slightly firm, which helps make the baked pastry more flaky. If refrigerated longer, let pastry soften slightly before rolling.
- Heat oven to 425°F. With floured rolling pin, roll pastry into round 2 inches larger than upside-down 9-inch glass pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of pie plate. Fold and roll pastry under, even with plate; flute as desired.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in all remaining filling ingredients. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients until crumbly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake pie 35 minutes longer. Sprinkle streusel over pie. Bake about 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 310 mg
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Place praline paste in a bowl for an electric mixer. Add sugar and beat, using the paddle attachment, until well combined.
- Sift cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and clove together and add to praline mixture with salt. Mix to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure each one is well incorporated before adding the next.
- Add pumpkin and mix until smooth, scraping the bowl well with a rubber spatula. With mixer running, gradually pour in milk and cream. Mix until well combined. Divide the mixture between the two pie shells. Bake until filling is set, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 378, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 421 milligrams, Sugar 26 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PUMPKIN PECAN-PRALINE PIE
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-inch thick. Using a 1-inch tear-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 50 tear-shaped pieces of dough. Starting with the pointed end, roll each piece of dough three-quarters of the way toward the fat end of the tear, forming a curl. Transfer curls to a baking sheet; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out remaining dough into an 11-inch round. With a dry pastry brush, brush off any excess flour; fit dough into a 9-inch glass pie plate, pressing it into the edges. Trim to a 1-inch overhang all around. Fold under overhang so it extends slightly beyond the edge of the pie plate.
- Prick bottom of dough all over with a fork. Line with parchment paper, leaving at least a 1-inch overhang. Top with a 9-inch metal pie tin. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Remove parchment paper and weights; let cool.
- Beat 1 egg in a small bowl. Brush the edge of the pie crust with egg. Starting with 1 dough curl, place the flat bottom on the egg-washed rim, with the curl perpendicular to the edge of the pie plate. Working in the same direction, continue placing curls next to one another until the rim of the pie shell is completely covered with curls. Transfer pie shell to refrigerator; let chill 1 hour. Brush curls with remaining beaten egg.
- In a large bowl, mix together both sugars, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Add pumpkin puree and stir well to combine. Whisk in remaining 3 eggs and cream.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pie shell. Transfer to a 375 degree oven and bake until filling is just set, about 40 minutes. Let pie cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle pie with praline topping just before serving.
More about "pumpkin pie with praline glaze recipes"
PUMPKIN-PRALINE PIE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Servings 12Calories 262 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 55 mins
- Combine 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, egg whites, egg, and evaporated milk in a bowl.
DEEP SOUTH DISH: PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE WITH MAPLE RUM SAUCE
PUMPKIN PRALINE PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPE
PRAILINE PUMPKIN PIE - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
PUMPKIN POUND CAKE WITH PRALINE GLAZE | RAISED ON A ROUX
PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE WITH MAPLE PRALINE GLAZE
EASY PUMPKIN PRALINE BUNDT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING GLAZE
PECAN PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
PUMPKIN-PRALINE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PUMPKIN PRALINE PIE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
PUMPKIN PIE PRALINE CAKE WITH BROWN BUTTER CREAM CHEESE ICING …
GINGER PRALINE PUMPKIN TART RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PUMPKIN PRALINE PIE - PORTLANDIA PIE LADY
PECAN PRALINE GLAZE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PUMPKIN PRALINE CHEESECAKE - SWANKY RECIPES
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE - CHEF IN TRAINING
PUMPKIN PRALINE PIE ⋆ CHRISTMAS-COOKIES.COM
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PUMPKIN PRALINE PIE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
PUMPKIN PIE WITH NUT PRALINE - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
PRALINE CREME PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
CLASSIC PUMPKIN PIE WITH PECAN PRALINE SAUCE – SMITTEN KITCHEN
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PRALINE GLAZED PUMPKIN POUND CAKE > CALL ME PMC
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE — (MAKE AHEAD PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE) SALT
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PRALINE PUMPKIN UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
PUMPKIN PRALINE PIE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
EASY PECAN PRALINE SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE
GLAZED PUMPKIN PRALINE MINI CAKES - SOUTHERN MADE SIMPLE
PUMPKIN PIE WITH TOASTED PECAN PRALINE TOPPING
MAPLE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE W/MAPLE PRALINE PECAN GLAZE | RECIPE …
PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - STL COOKS
PUMPKIN PECAN PIE - AVERIE COOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a praline pumpkin pie?To make this Praline Pumpkin Pie structurally sound and not too sweet, we can’t just pop one pie on top of the other. A traditional pumpkin pie isn’t sturdy enough to support an additional topping, so first we whisk pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves together in a medium saucepan then cook for 4 minutes.
How do you make pumpkin pie crust?Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix crushed cookies, pecans, brown sugar and salt; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up side of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. For filling, in a large bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin, milk, spices and salt. Pour into crust.
How to make pumpkin bread with glaze?Combine the dry ingredients with wet and pour into loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake for about a hour, cool, then cover with glaze. To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Then simply pour over the top of the cooled pumpkin bread.
What are the ingredients in a pumpkin pie mix?Whisk the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, black pepper, cream, and milk together in a large bowl until completely combined and smooth. If desired, you can use an electric mixer for this step.