CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE
Everyone in our family loves this casserole. It appeals equally to those who are finicky and others with more sophisticated tastes. We like a nonsweet filling, but you can replace the salt with a couple tablespoons of sugar if you prefer. This recipe can be doubled. Then bake it in a larger casserole for about an hour. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to make the batter for the double recipe in two batches. Serve hot with sour creme.
Provided by Jeri Roth Lande
Yield 1 casserole, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mix the first 7 ingredients in a blender until blended.
- Add the flour and mix again.
- Pour half of batter mixture into a 9" square greased or Pam'd casserole.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 min or until set.
- Mix the remaining ingredients to make the filling.
- Spread filling evenly over the baked bottom layer.
- Re-stir the remaining batter and pour it over the filling, trying to cover all the cheese layer.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 min or until slightly browned.
- Optional - brush top with melted butter the last 5 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.7, Fat 25.5, SaturatedFat 13.5, Cholesterol 251.4, Sodium 830.4, Carbohydrate 37.6, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 7.9, Protein 27.8
CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE
We love Cheese Blintzes but sometimes they are a pain to make when you are in a hurry. This is an easy way to get the taste of blintzes with the ease of just throwing everything together. Might take a while the first time, but it gets easier after you make it a few times.
Provided by Kristen in Chicago
Yield 1 Casserole
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine fist 7 ingredients, blending well and set aside.
- Grease a 2-quart long baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the next 7 ingredients until blended.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Pour all of the first mixture on top of the batter in the pan and top with the other 1/2 of remaining batter, being careful not to mix together.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Warm the pie filling and lemon peel together and pour over slices of the blintz.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4963, Fat 231, SaturatedFat 138.6, Cholesterol 1442.3, Sodium 5260.5, Carbohydrate 543, Fiber 19.2, Sugar 388.3, Protein 179.4
Provided by Food Network
Yield 10 to 12
Number Of Ingredients 12
- For the crepe: Beat milk, eggs and 1 cup water in a bowl. Add flour and powdered sugar to make a thin batter.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on a well-buttered medium hot 10-inch fry pan, spreading it as thin as possible. Fry until light brown, then flip and brown other side until light brown. Turn out on wax paper. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For the cheese filling: Mix ricotta, cream cheese, eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Spread evenly over the surface of a crepe. Tuck in ends and roll up. Cook in butter in a fry pan until brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining crepes and filling.
- Serve with sour cream and fruit preserves.
QUICK-AND-EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE
Provided by Gloria Kaufer Greene
Yield Makes about 8 servings as a main course, more as a side dish or buffet dish
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish or coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender or a food processor (fitted with a steel blade), combine all batter ingredients. Process until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the container once or twice. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the batter, and pour it into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees forabout 10 minutes, or until it is set.
- Meanwhile, combine all the filling ingredients in a large bowl, and mix them well. When the bottom layer has set, remove it from the oven and spread the filling over it, smoothing the top. Give the remaining batter a brief stir to resuspend the ingredients; then very slowly pour it over the cheese filling so the filling is completely covered. Carefully return the casserole to the 350 degree oven, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is puffed and set.
- Let the casserole rest for about 10 minutes before cutting it into squares. Serve with your choice of accompaniments.
TRADITIONAL CHEESE BLINTZES
This traditional family recipe tastes great. Blintzes may be wrapped and frozen after filling and before baking. Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream and strawberry (or other) preserves.
Provided by mizz_melanie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add milk, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat in flour using an electric mixer until well blended. Let batter stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, cottage cheese, sugar, sour cream, egg yolk, and cinnamon together in a bowl to make the filling.
- Melt butter in a 6- to 7-inch skillet. Spoon a portion of the batter onto the skillet; cook until lightly browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn out onto a tea towel. Repeat with the remaining batter, thinning with small amounts of water if necessary and greasing the pan after every 2 to 3 blintzes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining butter in the skillet over low heat, about 1 minute.
- Place a blintz on a clean work surface with the uncooked side up. Add 1 tablespoon filling and roll up, completely covering the filling. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining blintzes. Brush filled blintzes with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.4 g, Cholesterol 119.3 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 14.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 527 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
CHEF JOHN'S CHEESE BLINTZES
If you're ever talking to someone who's been to, or used to live in, New York City, and the subject of cheese blintzes comes up, you will almost always see their face light up. While there are several steps, they're fairly simple, and so totally worth the effort.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place 3 eggs, flour, milk, water, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until completely smooth, 1 or 2 minutes, scraping down sides as needed. Let batter sit at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Whisk together ricotta cheese, cream cheese, lemon zest, egg, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat a 10-inch, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray or brush lightly with vegetable oil. Pour in about 1/4 cup batter. Immediately swirl batter around to coat bottom of pan. Cook until surface looks dry, about 1 minute. Flip crepe over to briefly cook other side, about 30 seconds. Remove to a plate. Repeat with the rest of batter. Stack crepes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly butter a baking dish.
- Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of filling onto the crepe, about an inch from edge nearest you. Fold edge over filling and flatten slightly. Fold in both sides, then roll up crepe into a small filled rectangle, ending with the seam on the bottom, creating a blintz.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook the blintzes until golden brown on both sides, turning gently, about 2 minutes. Transfer to buttered baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven to firm up the filling, about 12 minutes. Cool blintzes 10 minutes before serving. Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.1 calories, Carbohydrate 33.2 g, Cholesterol 207.2 mg, Fat 26.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 517.8 mg, Sugar 9.9 g
MAKE-AHEAD BLINTZ CASSEROLE
- For filling, place first 6 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl., Place batter ingredients in food processor; process until smooth. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drop tablespoons of filling over batter; cover with remaining batter. Refrigerate, several hours or overnight., Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples and lemon juice. Cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender. Add brown sugar and salt; cook 1 minute longer or until thickened. Stir in extract; cool slightly. Serve with casserole.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 512 calories, Fat 32g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 204mg cholesterol, Sodium 456mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
More about "quick and easy cheese blintz casserole recipes"
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE SOUFFLE - THIS IS HOW I COOK
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 3Total Time 1 hr
RECIPE: EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE
CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE - RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE JEWISH RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
HEAVENLY CHEESE BLINTZ RECIPE - BELLY FULL
SWEET CHEESE BLINTZES RECIPE (FILLED CREPE) - MOMSDISH
RECIPE FOR BLINTZ CASSEROLE (FROM FROZEN BLINTZES) - OU LIFE
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE – COOKING KETO WITH LEE
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ - COPYKAT RECIPES
SHAVUOT: QUICK & EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE | JKIDLA
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ SOUFFLE - JAMIE GELLER
QUICK-AND-EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE
QUICK-AND-EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE | RECIPE | CHEESE BLINTZES, …
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
CHEESE BLINTZES CASSEROLE - WHAT JEW WANNA EAT
CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE | KOOLS FAMILY FAVORITES
MOCK BLINTZE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
QUICK BLINTZ CASSEROLE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
QUICK-AND-EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE | RECIPE | EASY CHEESE, …
CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BLINTZ BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE - RELISH
EASY BLINTZ RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
CHEESE BLINTZES RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
13 IRRESISTIBLE CHEESE BLINTZ RECIPES
BAKED RAVIOLI | RECIPELION.COM
BAKED BLINTZ CASSEROLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHEESE FOR BROCCOLI AND CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESE BLINTZ SOUFFLE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
QUICK-AND-EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE - PINTEREST.COM.AU
EASY CHEESE BLINTZ CASSEROLE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook frozen cheese Blintz?This simple cheese blintz casserole made from frozen blintzes is always a crowd pleaser! Preheat oven to 350. Place melted butter in a 7 x 10 casserole dish and then roll each blintz in the butter and place seam side down in pan. Arrange them in one row.
What is Easy Cheese Blintz casserole made of?Easy cheese blintz casserole is made from frozen blintzes that I buy in the store. Yes, I roll that way sometimes. But you won’t be sorry. Just beat together a few eggs, some sugar and sour cream and you have a winning brunch or brinner casserole!
How do you cook Blintz in the oven?Preheat oven to 350. Place melted butter in a 7 x 10 casserole dish and then roll each blintz in the butter and place seam side down in pan. Arrange them in one row. Mix sugar, sour cream, vanilla and eggs together. Whisk well for a few minutes until lightened.
How do you make Blintz with ricotta?Combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, 1 egg, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl. Stir until well blended, the mixture may remain a little lumpy. The lumps will go away when you cook the blintz. Place a small amount, about 2 or 3 tablespoons, of cheese filling in the lower third of a pancake.