CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
The "crinkle" in this recipe's name comes from their distinctive crackle-top. The look is achieved through the transformation of sugar-coated dough balls into distinctively textured cookies. Not only are chocolate crinkle cookies beautiful to look at, they're the perfect combination of chocolatey taste and chewy texture.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 35 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 0 g
Although these aren't exactly the recipe we used at Cookies By Design (it would be wrong for me to give that out), it's very close and they taste exactly the same: absolutely wonderful! :) And so easy to make, too! My husband made these last year for his annual cookie tin gifts, and they were very popular. Makes about 72 cookies. These are different from most of the recipes you'll find for chocolate crinkles in that they use cocoa powder rather than baking chocolate or liquid forms of chocolate (kind of nice, actually... no messy melted chocolate all over the kitchen! *chuckle*).
Provided by Julesong
Yield 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour mixture into the cocoa mixture.
- Cover dough bowl with plastic wrap, put in refrigerator, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls (a number 50 size scoop works well). Coat each ball in powdered sugar before placing onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cooked cookies stand on the cookie sheet for at least 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CRINKLE BISCUITS
Use storecupboard ingredients to make these moreish chocolate fudge crinkle biscuits. They make the perfect partner to a coffee as an afternoon treat
Provided by Anamaria Cook
Categories Afternoon tea, Treat
Yield Makes 35-40 mini biscuits
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix the cocoa, caster sugar and oil together. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking until fully combined.
- Stir the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together in a separate bowl, then add to the cocoa mixture and mix until a soft dough forms. If it feels soft, transfer to the fridge and chill for 1 hr. Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Tip the icing sugar into a shallow dish. Form a heaped teaspoon of the dough into a ball, then roll in the sugar to coat. Repeat with the remaining dough, then put, evenly spaced, on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 mins - they will firm up as they cool. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool. Will keep for four days in a biscuit tin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 0.4 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.04 milligram of sodium
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
This is a yummy chocolate cookie that's crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside! I bake it for my campers every year and they love it! The amount of sugar may be reduced so it's not too sweet.
Provided by Flora
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sift together the flour and baking powder; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir chocolate into melted butter until melted and smooth. Mix in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper. Roll the chilled dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in confectioners' sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the tops are cracked. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94.5 calories, Carbohydrate 12.9 g, Cholesterol 17.1 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 32.6 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
CHOCOLATE CRINKLES II
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls. I like to use a number 50 size scoop. Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58 calories, Carbohydrate 9.8 g, Cholesterol 10.3 mg, Fat 2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 33.9 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
QUICK CHOCOLATE CRINKLES
Yes, these are messy to make, but well worth it. Seems the kids like to make these probably because of the stickiness. My 17 yo can eat the whole batch!
Provided by LAURIE
Yield 40-50 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Mix together by hand the mix and cool whip.
- DOUGH WILL BE VERY THICK AND STICKY.
- Drop by large teaspoons in powdered sugar.
- (I always use a spoon and a knife and a cereal type bowl with powdered sugar fairly deep) Roll into balls covering with the sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Watch carefully you want them to be loose looking.
- Don't over bake.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
More about "quick chocolate crinkles recipes"
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES - GIMME SOME OVEN
4.7/5 (86)Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the granulated sugar and oil. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beating on medium-low speed until combined. Then gradually fold in the flour mixture, and beat on medium-low speed until combined.
- Form the dough into a large ball, and place it on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic around it so that it is sealed tightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or up to 24 hours) until the dough is chilled completely through.
- Once you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Fill a small bowl with the powdered sugar.
CHOCOLATE CRINKLES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (655)Total Time 2 hrsServings 36Calories 76 per serving
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Form the dough into balls (each equal to 1 level tablespoon). Roll the balls in the confectioners’ sugar and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake until the cookies are firm and the tops crack, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Note: Total Time includes cooling time.
QUICK + EASY CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIE RECIPES AND IDEAS ...
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.9/5 (176)Category Cookies
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together on medium high speed until fluffy and creamed, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- On low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined, then beat in the chocolate chips. The cookie dough will be thick and sticky. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough. I always chill mine overnight.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. You can preheat the oven during this time.
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES - PREPPY KITCHEN
Ratings 327Total Time 8 hrs 27 minsCategory DessertCalories 87 per serving
- Add the oil and granulated sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat together. Scrape bowl down and mix until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder in and mix on low scraping the bowl down halfway through. If you're using the espresso powder you can add in at this point.
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
Cuisine North AmericanCategory DessertsServings 15Total Time 25 mins
- In a medium bowl combine cocoa, sugar and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and mix in vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and mix until dough forms. Cover and refrigerate for two hours or until mixture is firm.
- Remove cookie dough from fridge and use clean hands to roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and coat generously in icing sugar. Place balls on prepared tray at least 4cm apart.
EASY CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES - RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and beat until combined. One at a time, add in the eggs and mix on low to medium speed until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients from the medium bowl to the large bowl and mix on a low speed until all mixed together.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough for an hour, up to overnight, depending on how thick you want your cookies. The longer you chill the dough, the thicker they’ll be.
THE VERY BEST CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES RECIPE - THE ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 22 minsCategory Cookie, DessertCalories 134 per serving
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and continue beating until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time incorporating completely after each addition. Add the vanilla and blend well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl at low speed gradually until combined.
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES (EXTRA BUTTERY AND FUDGY ...
Reviews 96Calories 48 per servingCategory Baking Recipes
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cocoa, granulated sugar and butter (or oil) on medium speed. Reduce the speed to low and add 1 egg at a time until combined. Mix in the remaining ingredients in the order listed, for the exception of the powdered sugar. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and coat with powdered sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to rest on the hot cookie sheet for one minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
BEST FUDGY CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (45)Total Time 22 minsCategory Christmas, Cookies, DessertsCalories 102 per serving
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until a dough forms (do not over beat). Cover bowl with wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F | 175°C. Line 2 cookie sheets or baking trays with parchment paper (baking paper). Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into balls for smaller cookies, or 2 tablespoonfuls for larger cookies.
- Add the confectioners (icing) sugar to a smaller bowl. Generously and evenly coat each ball of dough in confectioners' sugar and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
CHOCOLATE CRINKLES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (126)Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsServings 60Calories 130 per serving
- To make the dough: Place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, and heat or microwave until the butter melts.
- Remove it from the heat, and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth., In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, eggs, vanilla and espresso powder.
- Chill the dough for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight; it'll firm up considerably., Preheat the oven to 325°F.
CRINKLE COOKIES | MCCORMICK
Cuisine AmericanCategory Cookies And BrowniesServings 23
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE CRINKLE ...
5/5 (43)Total Time 30 minsServings 20-22
CHOCOLATE CRINKLES - SAM'S KITCHEN
Cuisine CookiesTotal Time 12 minsServings 32
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES | BUSY BUT HEALTHY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST QUICK & EASY CHOCOLATE CRINKLES RECIPE
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CRINKLES NO BAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE CRINKLES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CRINKLES MICROWAVE RECIPES | YUMMLY
8 CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIE RECIPES TO BAKE ASAP | …
CHOCOLATE CRINKLES - PINOYCOOKINGRECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #hand-formed-cookies #desserts #easy #holiday-event #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #dietary #christmas #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for chocolate crinkle cookies?Not only are chocolate crinkle cookies beautiful to look at, they’re the perfec... In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
What is the recipe for a chocolate cake?In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Are chocolate crinkle cookies good for Christmas?As classic as Christmas sugar cookies and as irresistible as peanut butter blossoms, these chocolate crinkles will outshine every other cookie on your Christmas cookie platter. And that’s a guarantee. These chocolate cookies aren’t anything new or groundbreaking, but that’s why they’re perfect.
How to freeze chocolate crinkle cookie dough?Thaw in the refrigerator or on the counter. How to freeze chocolate crinkle cookie dough: Chill the cookie dough as directed in the recipe below. After that, roll into balls, and chill the cookie dough balls in the refrigerator for 1 hour.