QUICK-PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD WITH WATERMELON AND BLUEBERRIES
This super-refreshing salad takes inspiration from the flavors of a bread and butter pickle. Toss sweet and crunchy cucumbers, watermelon and blueberries in the pickle-flavored dressing and let the flavors mingle as the salad chills-the longer, the better.
Provided by Gabriela Rodiles
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put the cucumber, watermelon and blueberries in a medium bowl.
- Put the oil, dill, honey, relish, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few cracks of pepper in a small container or jar and cover with a lid. Shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the cucumber mixture and stir gently to combine. Chill at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
- Garnish with dill fronds before serving.
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, red onion, sugar, and rice vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g
REFRESHING CUCUMBER WATERMELON SALAD
- Mix red onion with lime juice in a bowl; set side to marinate at least 10 minutes. Stir olive oil into mixture.
- Toss watermelon, baby cucumbers, and feta cheese together in a large bowl. Pour the red onion mixture over the watermelon mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle mint over the salad; toss.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.9 calories, Carbohydrate 35.6 g, Cholesterol 13.4 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 172.3 mg, Sugar 28.9 g
CATHERINE'S PICKLED BLUEBERRIES
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and allspice berries onto the center of a 8 inch square piece of cheesecloth. Gather together the edges of the cheesecloth, and tie with kitchen twine to secure. Place spice sachet into a large saucepan and pour in the vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook for 5 minutes. Stir blueberries into the vinegar; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. As the blueberries heat, gently shake the pot. Do not stir to avoid breaking the berries. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours.
- Pour berries and liquid into a colander set over a bowl. Remove spice sachet. Transfer berries to hot, sterilized canning jars; reserve the liquid. Return liquid to saucepan and place over high heat. Stir in the white and brown sugars; bring to a boil. Boil until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Ladle hot syrup over berries, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with sterilized lids; screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot. Leave a 2 inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.8 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.9 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
QUICK CUCUMBER AND RED-ONION PICKLED SALAD
- Place sliced onion and cucumbers in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with rice-wine vinegar. Toss to combine, and transfer to refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, scatter dill over salad, and toss well.
PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD
- Add all the ingredients, except the cucumbers, to a small pot and bring to a boil over low heat. Turn off the heat, add the cucumbers and let sit for 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Reserve 1 cup for Online Round 2 Recipe: Mediterranean Pita Pockets.
People love the unique combination of flavors in the dressing that tops the fresh fruit in this salad. It's so refreshing on a hot summer evening. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice and mint. Add watermelon and blueberries; toss gently to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 2mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "quick pickled cucumber salad with watermelon and blueberries recipes"
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
WATERMELON FETA SALAD WITH BLUEBERRIES AND CUCUMBER
Ratings 16Calories 159 per servingCategory Salad
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
PICKLED WATERMELON AND CUCUMBER SALAD - MAUREEN C.
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH QUICK PICKLED ONION | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW …
QUICK-PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD WITH WATERMELON AND …
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBERS | EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE
QUICK-PICKLED CUCUMBER | RICARDO
WATERMELON SALAD WITH CUCUMBER, JICAMA & BLUEBERRIES
QUICK-PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CUCUMBER BLUEBERRY SALAD - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
YELLOW WATERMELON SALAD WITH PICKLED CUCUMBER RELISH
EASY QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD | SAVVYSWEETLIFE
QUICK-PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
STRAWBERRY WATERMELON CUCUMBER SALAD - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD • MADDIE AUGUSTIN
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE TIKTOK'S VIRAL QUICK CUCUMBER SALAD
QUICK-PICKLE CUCUMBERS AND ONIONS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CRUNCHY PICKLED SALAD - CUCUMBERS, CABBAGE, RADISH - TORI AVEY
CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EASY CUCUMBER AND DILL SALAD (QUICK PICKLE) RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE …
PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
30 LIGHT AND HEALTHY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPES | MYRECIPES
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD | BAKING THE GOODS
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
WATERMELON BLUEBERRY SALAD - CROWDED KITCHEN
BLUEBERRY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE - A QUICK AND EASY SALAD RECIPE
VIKING CRUISE RECIPE: QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD - SHUTTERBEAN
FIVE-MINUTE ASIAN PICKLED CUCUMBER - A IS FOR APPLE AU
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
COOL AND REFRESHING SUMMER CUCUMBER SALAD WITH BLUEBERRIES
WATERMELON CUCUMBER REFRIGERATOR PICKLES | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD | THE NOSHER - MY JEWISH LEARNING
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER - EASY PEASY FOODIE
WATERMELON, PAPAYA, BLUEBERRIES, AND CUCUMBER SALAD
CRISPY HOMEMADE PICKLED CUCUMBERS - THE QUICK JOURNEY
WATERMELON, CUCUMBER AND BLUEBERRY SALAD | MY …
PICKLED CUCUMBER AND ONION SALAD | PICKLED PLUM
CUCUMBER MELON SALAD - SUMMER CUCUMBER SALAD WITH CANTALOUPE
You'll also love